Old 09-06-2021, 01:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT: Your favorite self-carbonated drink mix

I'm about through with a third 60 L CO2 canister.

Have tried a few different drink mixes.

So far, Crystal Lite Fruit Punch is the winner, hands down.
Surprising what they can do with artificial flavor... Obviously the aspartame
helps (if you like aspartame). It was good to begin with, now it's marvelous.
Probably helps to get the mixture right.

Any suggestion in that taste category? Thanks.

Old 09-06-2021, 02:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/8/2021 8:34 PM, John Doe wrote:
I'm about through with a third 60 L CO2 canister.

Have tried a few different drink mixes.

So far, Crystal Lite Fruit Punch is the winner, hands down.
Surprising what they can do with artificial flavor... Obviously the aspartame
helps (if you like aspartame). It was good to begin with, now it's marvelous.
Probably helps to get the mixture right.

Any suggestion in that taste category? Thanks.

I really ought to dig my carbonator thing back out. I used it a few
times years ago and put it away. Personal preference, but I can't
tolerate any kind of fake sugar. Aspartame, sucralose, whatever --
yuck. The aftertaste is horrid. I'll sooner drink warm tap water.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Trew wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I'm about through with a third 60 L CO2 canister.

Have tried a few different drink mixes.

So far, Crystal Lite Fruit Punch is the winner, hands down. Surprising
what they can do with artificial flavor... Obviously the aspartame
helps (if you like aspartame). It was good to begin with, now it's
marvelous. Probably helps to get the mixture right.

Any suggestion in that taste category? Thanks.

I really ought to dig my carbonator thing back out. I used it a few
times years ago and put it away. Personal preference, but I can't
tolerate any kind of fake sugar. Aspartame, sucralose, whatever --
yuck. The aftertaste is horrid. I'll sooner drink warm tap water.

Sugar is a heavy thick syrupy waste of space, besides being fattening and
promoting tooth decay. I did not like the aftertaste of saccharin, but no
such thing with aspartame. Aspartame is light and sweet, no aftertaste
whatsoever. That's why aspartame is extremely popular nowadays.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 11:21:47 PM UTC-5, John Doe wrote:

Sugar is a heavy thick syrupy waste of space, besides being fattening and
promoting tooth decay. I did not like the aftertaste of saccharin, but no
such thing with aspartame. Aspartame is light and sweet, no aftertaste
whatsoever. That's why aspartame is extremely popular nowadays.

I'm a fan of aspartame myself and have used it for y.e.a.r.s. and find it has
no aftertaste either. My sister-in-law uses monk fruit sweetener she buys
at the grocery store but I haven't tried it so I can't comment on its' taste.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 8:34:07 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
I'm about through with a third 60 L CO2 canister.

Have tried a few different drink mixes.

So far, Crystal Lite Fruit Punch is the winner, hands down.
Surprising what they can do with artificial flavor... Obviously the aspartame
helps (if you like aspartame). It was good to begin with, now it's marvelous.
Probably helps to get the mixture right.

Any suggestion in that taste category? Thanks.

Sorry, I don't require that my beverages be carbonated or flavored.
I mainly drink plain water.

Cindy Hamilton

Old 09-06-2021, 10:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 02:04:45 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 8:34:07 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
I'm about through with a third 60 L CO2 canister.

Have tried a few different drink mixes.

So far, Crystal Lite Fruit Punch is the winner, hands down.
Surprising what they can do with artificial flavor... Obviously the aspartame
helps (if you like aspartame). It was good to begin with, now it's marvelous.
Probably helps to get the mixture right.

Any suggestion in that taste category? Thanks.

Sorry, I don't require that my beverages be carbonated or flavored.
I mainly drink plain water.

You're such a party beast!

--
Not Dave Smith
Old 09-06-2021, 10:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I'm about through with a third 60 L CO2 canister.

Have tried a few different drink mixes.

So far, Crystal Lite Fruit Punch is the winner, hands down. Surprising
what they can do with artificial flavor... Obviously the aspartame
helps (if you like aspartame). It was good to begin with, now it's
marvelous. Probably helps to get the mixture right.

Any suggestion in that taste category? Thanks.

Sorry, I don't require that my beverages be carbonated or flavored. I
mainly drink plain water.

That sounds like one of those really weird answers on Amazon...

"I don't know. I just got it yesterday."

As if anybody could care less.

Old 10-06-2021, 09:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 00:34:01 -0000 (UTC), John Doe wrote:

I'm about through with a third 60 L CO2 canister.

Have tried a few different drink mixes.

So far, Crystal Lite Fruit Punch is the winner, hands down.
Surprising what they can do with artificial flavor... Obviously the aspartame
helps (if you like aspartame). It was good to begin with, now it's marvelous.
Probably helps to get the mixture right.

Any suggestion in that taste category? Thanks.

Lemon Flavored Alka seltzer.

-sw