Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Doe[_6_] John Doe[_6_] is offline

Default OT: Your favorite self-carbonated drink mix

Michael Trew > wrote:

> John Doe wrote:

>> I'm about through with a third 60 L CO2 canister.
>>
>> Have tried a few different drink mixes.
>>
>> So far, Crystal Lite Fruit Punch is the winner, hands down. Surprising
>> what they can do with artificial flavor... Obviously the aspartame
>> helps (if you like aspartame). It was good to begin with, now it's
>> marvelous. Probably helps to get the mixture right.
>>
>> Any suggestion in that taste category? Thanks.

> I really ought to dig my carbonator thing back out. I used it a few
> times years ago and put it away. Personal preference, but I can't
> tolerate any kind of fake sugar. Aspartame, sucralose, whatever --
> yuck. The aftertaste is horrid. I'll sooner drink warm tap water.

Sugar is a heavy thick syrupy waste of space, besides being fattening and
promoting tooth decay. I did not like the aftertaste of saccharin, but no
such thing with aspartame. Aspartame is light and sweet, no aftertaste
whatsoever. That's why aspartame is extremely popular nowadays.