Posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.food,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

Default Good news for vegans and Hindoos

€ś'You can get used to the taste difference,' Gates told an interviewer last
month." You can HAVE your tofuburger on an oat-bran bun, militant
vegetarians. I'll take a nice thick sirloin any day...
Bill Gates urges fans to eat synthetic meat to save planet, dismisses "crazy
conspiracies about vaccines & 5G

Microsoft founder Bill Gates brushed away €ścrazy€ť conspiracy theories about
himself, 5G and coronavirus vaccines during an "Ask Me Anything session on
Reddit, where he promoted his new book and sung the praises of synthetic
meat.
Gates fielded questions from Redditors during the online Q&A on Friday,
doing his best to hawk his latest volume on climate change in the process.
However, it didnt take long before netizens pressed him on
conspiracy-minded allegations that he is involved in a shadowy plot to
implant microchips in unwitting vaccine recipients.

€śI am innocent!€ť Gates protested, adding €śThe whole thing about 5G and
microchips is pretty crazy. Why would I want to do that?€ť

Gates later said €śfake news€ť and €śdisinformation€ť online is a €śhuge issue,€ť
observing that €śSome false information is more interesting than the truth so
digital channels seem to magnify echo chambers with bad facts.€ť
=
The billionaire also took the opportunity to extol the virtues of synthetic
meat, promoting it in several different replies as a €śgreen product€ť and a
way to reduce ones €ścarbon footprint.€ť He has repeatedly hailed artificial
meats in the past, recently suggesting that €śall rich countries€ť ought to
move to €ś100-percent synthetic beef.€ť

€śYou can get used to the taste difference,€ť Gates told an interviewer last
month, in a slightly off-putting endorsement.

Bill Gates wants "rich nations to switch to 100% SYNTHETIC beef to save the
planet

Addressing a question about population growth and its effect on climate
change €“ another area where theories about Gates run rampant €“ the former
Microsoft exec said that €śfortunately,€ť growth slows €śwhen countries improve
health and get to middle income levels.€ť

€śSo we should help moderate population growth with aid for health, education
and good governance,€ť he went on, forecasting that the world population
would peak at 10 billion so long as world powers are €śgenerous to the
poorest countries.€ť

He later hinted at apocalyptic consequences if climate change is not
tackled, saying €śWe won't be able to support a large population if it gets a
lot warmer€ť while predicting an massive outflow of migration from areas made
€śunlivable€ť by the rising temperatures.

https://www.rt.com/usa/518667-bill-g...-conspriacies/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 17:31:14 -0500, "Byker" > wrote:

>The billionaire also took the opportunity to extol the virtues of synthetic
>meat, promoting it in several different replies as a €śgreen product€ť and a
>way to reduce ones €ścarbon footprint.€ť He has repeatedly hailed artificial
>meats in the past, recently suggesting that €śall rich countries€ť ought to
>move to €ś100-percent synthetic beef.€ť

Bill Gates is ok.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.food,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

Gates cannot completely erase the past. This man must be exterminated:
https://vimeo.com/533311358

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 08:36:41 +1000, Dr. Bruce
> wrote:

>On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 17:31:14 -0500, "Byker" > wrote:
>
>>The billionaire also took the opportunity to extol the virtues of synthetic
>>meat, promoting it in several different replies as a “green product” and a
>>way to reduce one’s “carbon footprint.” He has repeatedly hailed artificial
>>meats in the past, recently suggesting that “all rich countries” ought to
>>move to “100-percent synthetic beef.”

>Bill Gates is ok.

What the hell would you know. https://vimeo.com/533311358
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/5/2021 6:31 PM, Byker wrote:

> Bill Gates urges fans to eat synthetic meat to save planet, dismisses
> "crazy
> conspiracies about vaccines & 5G

> Microsoft founder Bill Gates brushed away €ścrazy€ť conspiracy theories about
> himself, 5G and coronavirus vaccines during an "Ask Me Anything session on
> Reddit, where he promoted his new book and sung the praises of synthetic
> meat.
> Gates fielded questions from Redditors during the online Q&A on Friday,
> doing his best to hawk his latest volume on climate change in the process.
> However, it didnt take long before netizens pressed him on
> conspiracy-minded allegations that he is involved in a shadowy plot to
> implant microchips in unwitting vaccine recipients.
>
> €śI am innocent!€ť Gates protested, adding €śThe whole thing about 5G and
> microchips is pretty crazy. Why would I want to do that?€ť

> Bill Gates wants "rich nations to switch to 100% SYNTHETIC beef to save
> the
> planet
>
> Addressing a question about population growth and its effect on climate
> change €“ another area where theories about Gates run rampant €“ the former
> Microsoft exec said that €śfortunately,€ť growth slows €śwhen countries
> improve
> health and get to middle income levels.€ť

He really does make some sense. We can't keep burning fossil fuels and
expect to keep feeding more people.

As a society we waste much of our limited resources.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 22:58:08 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 4/5/2021 6:31 PM, Byker wrote:
>

>> Bill Gates urges fans to eat synthetic meat to save planet, dismisses
>> ‘crazy
>> conspiracies’ about vaccines & 5G

>> Microsoft founder Bill Gates brushed away “crazy” conspiracy theories about
>> himself, 5G and coronavirus vaccines during an ‘Ask Me Anything’ session on
>> Reddit, where he promoted his new book and sung the praises of synthetic
>> meat.
>> Gates fielded questions from Redditors during the online Q&A on Friday,
>> doing his best to hawk his latest volume on climate change in the process.
>> However, it didn’t take long before netizens pressed him on
>> conspiracy-minded allegations that he is involved in a shadowy plot to
>> implant microchips in unwitting vaccine recipients.
>>
>> “I am innocent!” Gates protested, adding “The whole thing about 5G and
>> microchips is pretty crazy. Why would I want to do that?”

>> Bill Gates wants ‘rich nations’ to switch to 100% SYNTHETIC beef to save
>> the
>> planet
>>
>> Addressing a question about population growth and its effect on climate
>> change – another area where theories about Gates run rampant – the former
>> Microsoft exec said that “fortunately,” growth slows “when countries
>> improve
>> health and get to middle income levels.”

>He really does make some sense. We can't keep burning fossil fuels and
>expect to keep feeding more people.
>
>As a society we waste much of our limited resources.

People like you enable Gates. Do some independent research on the guy,
going back at least 30 years. He makes sense? Funny how he has
positioned himself in the past 20 years to profit from vaccines,
'health' and buying up America's agricultural land.

https://vimeo.com/533311358

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/6/2021 12:24 AM, Allan Rogers wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 22:58:08 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> On 4/5/2021 6:31 PM, Byker wrote:
>>

>>> Bill Gates urges fans to eat synthetic meat to save planet, dismisses
>>> "crazy
>>> conspiracies about vaccines & 5G

>>> Microsoft founder Bill Gates brushed away €ścrazy€ť conspiracy theories about
>>> himself, 5G and coronavirus vaccines during an "Ask Me Anything session on
>>> Reddit, where he promoted his new book and sung the praises of synthetic
>>> meat.
>>> Gates fielded questions from Redditors during the online Q&A on Friday,
>>> doing his best to hawk his latest volume on climate change in the process.
>>> However, it didnt take long before netizens pressed him on
>>> conspiracy-minded allegations that he is involved in a shadowy plot to
>>> implant microchips in unwitting vaccine recipients.
>>>
>>> €śI am innocent!€ť Gates protested, adding €śThe whole thing about 5G and
>>> microchips is pretty crazy. Why would I want to do that?€ť

>>> Bill Gates wants "rich nations to switch to 100% SYNTHETIC beef to save
>>> the
>>> planet
>>>
>>> Addressing a question about population growth and its effect on climate
>>> change €“ another area where theories about Gates run rampant €“ the former
>>> Microsoft exec said that €śfortunately,€ť growth slows €śwhen countries
>>> improve
>>> health and get to middle income levels.€ť

>> He really does make some sense. We can't keep burning fossil fuels and
>> expect to keep feeding more people.
>>
>> As a society we waste much of our limited resources.

> People like you enable Gates. Do some independent research on the guy,
> going back at least 30 years. He makes sense? Funny how he has
> positioned himself in the past 20 years to profit from vaccines,
> 'health' and buying up America's agricultural land.
>
> https://vimeo.com/533311358

Perhaps you should be smart enough to profit from these things. No
matter how much he potentially makes, the fact that our natural
resources will run out and we can only support so many people does not
change.

What is your solution?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 09:33:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 4/6/2021 12:24 AM, Allan Rogers wrote:

>>> He really does make some sense. We can't keep burning fossil fuels and
>>> expect to keep feeding more people.
>>>
>>> As a society we waste much of our limited resources.

>> People like you enable Gates. Do some independent research on the guy,
>> going back at least 30 years. He makes sense? Funny how he has
>> positioned himself in the past 20 years to profit from vaccines,
>> 'health' and buying up America's agricultural land.
>>
>> https://vimeo.com/533311358
>>

>Perhaps you should be smart enough to profit from these things.

If I am not mistaken, it is the Gates Foundation that invests in these
vaccine companies and profits from them, in turn, giving tremendous
benefit to health initiatives all over the world, in particular,
Africa The foundation has been deep into vaccines and development for
years and years. Nothing new.

>No
>matter how much he potentially makes, the fact that our natural
>resources will run out and we can only support so many people does not
>change.

Indeed.

>What is your solution?

I like the idea of enabling Gates and his and his wife's foundation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-06 9:33 a.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/6/2021 12:24 AM, Allan Rogers wrote:
>> On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 22:58:08 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>

> Perhaps you should be smart enough to profit from these things.Â* No
> matter how much he potentially makes, the fact that our natural
> resources will run out and we can only support so many people does not
> change.
>
> What is your solution?

It's a dicey situation. People in the west have clued into the problems
we face from over-population so most of us have reduced family size.
While we boomers came from families with four kids, and our great
grandparents bred them by the dozen, sthe younger generation seems to
be limiting themselves to one or two. However, we are major consumers.
Meanwhile, in the third world where so many people are desperately poor
and often go hungry, they are multiplying like rabbits.

I am not sure what is going on with the world wide distribution of
Covid19 vaccine but there was a lot of talk about the importance of
vaccine equity, that the richer countries should not be looking after
only themselves first, that we are morally obliged to share it with
poorer countries. I appreciate that is the kind thing to do. I am not
convinced it is the wisest. Let's face it. The wealthiest countries
have long carried the poorer ones with investments and foreign aid. If
we don't look after our own our economies will suffer and we will not be
able to help them at all. If we give up our vaccines and loss even more
lives here to save theirs, it's not like they are going to be in a
position to help us.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/6/2021 9:53 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 09:33:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> People like you enable Gates. Do some independent research on the guy,
>>> going back at least 30 years. He makes sense? Funny how he has
>>> positioned himself in the past 20 years to profit from vaccines,
>>> 'health' and buying up America's agricultural land.
>>>
>>> https://vimeo.com/533311358
>>>

>> Perhaps you should be smart enough to profit from these things.

> If I am not mistaken, it is the Gates Foundation that invests in these
> vaccine companies and profits from them, in turn, giving tremendous
> benefit to health initiatives all over the world, in particular,
> Africa The foundation has been deep into vaccines and development for
> years and years. Nothing new.
>

>> No
>> matter how much he potentially makes, the fact that our natural
>> resources will run out and we can only support so many people does not
>> change.

> Indeed.
>>
>> What is your solution?

> I like the idea of enabling Gates and his and his wife's foundation.

Gates has been a nasty competitor in the technology area but he is doing
a lot of good now. More than his critics have.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/6/2021 10:15 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-06 9:33 a.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 4/6/2021 12:24 AM, Allan Rogers wrote:
>>> On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 22:58:08 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>>

>> Perhaps you should be smart enough to profit from these things.Â* No
>> matter how much he potentially makes, the fact that our natural
>> resources will run out and we can only support so many people does not
>> change.
>>
>> What is your solution?

> It's a dicey situation. People in the west have clued into the problems
> we face from over-population so most of us have reduced family size.
> While we boomers came from families with four kids, and our great
> grandparentsÂ* bred themÂ* by the dozen, sthe younger generation seems to
> be limiting themselves to one or two. However, we are major consumers.
> Meanwhile, in the third world where so many people are desperately poor
> and often go hungry, they are multiplying like rabbits.
>
> I am not sure what is going on with the world wide distribution of
> Covid19 vaccine but there was a lot of talk about the importance of
> vaccine equity, that the richer countries should not be looking after
> only themselves first, that we are morally obliged to share it with
> poorer countries.Â* I appreciate that is the kind thing to do. I am not
> convinced it is the wisest.Â* Let's face it.Â* The wealthiest countries
> have long carried the poorer ones with investments and foreign aid.Â* If
> we don't look after our own our economies will suffer and we will not be
> able to help them at all.Â* If we give up our vaccines and loss even more
> lives here to save theirs, it's not like they are going to be in a
> position to help us.

I watched a Rick Steves show about Ethiopia. The big cities have what
looks to be a nice downtown area with public transit, plenty of cars,
tall buildings. Around the corner the locals are living in dirt floor
shacks.

They are making some progress with schools and teaching trades like
welding, plumbing, sewing. They may eventually be the cheap labor
source replacing some of the Asian countries.

Some villages now have a well and can hand pump water locally instead of
walking five miles for drinking water.

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/our-...frica/ethiopia

Posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.food,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

"Dr. Bruce" wrote in message

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 17:31:14 -0500, "Byker" > wrote:

>>Bill Gates urges fans to eat synthetic meat to save planet, dismisses
>>"crazy conspiracies about vaccines & 5G

> Gates cannot completely erase the past. This man must be exterminated:
> https://vimeo.com/533311358

"Not even the gods can change the past." -- Agathon (c. 448€“400 B.C.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 09:33:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 4/6/2021 12:24 AM, Allan Rogers wrote:

>>> He really does make some sense. We can't keep burning fossil fuels and
>>> expect to keep feeding more people.
>>>
>>> As a society we waste much of our limited resources.

>> People like you enable Gates. Do some independent research on the guy,
>> going back at least 30 years. He makes sense? Funny how he has
>> positioned himself in the past 20 years to profit from vaccines,
>> 'health' and buying up America's agricultural land.
>>
>> https://vimeo.com/533311358
>>

>Perhaps you should be smart enough to profit from these things.

No, I have ethics.

> No
>matter how much he potentially makes, the fact that our natural
>resources will run out and we can only support so many people does not
>change.

I guess you're a blue pill guy.

>What is your solution?

To Covid? Herd immunity. Hiding from any Coronaviruses makes no sense
as it's utterly futile.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/6/2021 6:09 PM, Allan Rogers wrote:

>> Perhaps you should be smart enough to profit from these things.

> No, I have ethics.

Glad to hear it.

>> No
>> matter how much he potentially makes, the fact that our natural
>> resources will run out and we can only support so many people does not
>> change.

> I guess you're a blue pill guy.

You lost me on that one. You can still have erections and not make babies.

>> What is your solution?

> To Covid? Herd immunity. Hiding from any Coronaviruses makes no sense
> as it's utterly futile.

Ok, I understand. Those fools at the CDC, WHO, etc have no idea what to
do. You should tell them how wrong they are. Do you think all vaccines
should be eliminated?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 20:22:14 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 4/6/2021 6:09 PM, Allan Rogers wrote:
>

>>> Perhaps you should be smart enough to profit from these things.

>> No, I have ethics.

>Glad to hear it.
>

>>> No
>>> matter how much he potentially makes, the fact that our natural
>>> resources will run out and we can only support so many people does not
>>> change.

>> I guess you're a blue pill guy.

>You lost me on that one. You can still have erections and not make babies.
>

>>> What is your solution?

>> To Covid? Herd immunity. Hiding from any Coronaviruses makes no sense
>> as it's utterly futile.
>>

>Ok, I understand. Those fools at the CDC, WHO, etc have no idea what to
>do.

They know what they're doing. Why do you question them? Must be one of
these qanon people?

> You should tell them how wrong they are. Do you think all vaccines
>should be eliminated?

Why, yes. If I am doubtful about the safety/efficacy of one vaccine
that's had months instead of a minimum of 7 years (on average) to
properly develop and test, then it stands to reason I must be against
all vaccines. That is, if I were you. Thankfully I'm not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 8:22:19 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> > On 4/6/2021 6:09 PM, Allan Rogers wrote:
> > I guess you're a blue pill guy.

> You lost me on that one. You can still have erections and not make babies.

I think it was a reference to "The Matrix", in which the protagonist is offered
a choice: Take the blue pill and stay in the computer simulation, ignoring reality.
Take the red pill and wake up to the dystopian world.

"The Matrix" is what passes for deep thought among teenagers.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.food,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

Dr. Bruce wrote

> Gates cannot completely erase the past. This man must be exterminated:
> https://vimeo.com/533311358

You mean Trump and Putin. The sooner they're both caged the better.

Posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.food,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

Dr. Bruce wrote

> Gates cannot completely erase the past. This man must be exterminated:
> https://vimeo.com/533311358

By exterminating rightists like you we make America great again.
Posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.food,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh

Dr. Bruce wrote

> Gates cannot completely erase the past. This man must be exterminated:
> https://vimeo.com/533311358

So, you're another putin worshipping cocksucker who hates capitalism
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Gates has been a nasty competitor in the technology area but he is doing
> a lot of good now. More than his critics have.

I attribute that to his wife. She probably told him to start sharing
some of the wealth (that they didn't need) and repair his reputation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/7/2021 4:31 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 8:22:19 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> On 4/6/2021 6:09 PM, Allan Rogers wrote:
>>> I guess you're a blue pill guy.

>> You lost me on that one. You can still have erections and not make babies.

> I think it was a reference to "The Matrix", in which the protagonist is offered
> a choice: Take the blue pill and stay in the computer simulation, ignoring reality.
> Take the red pill and wake up to the dystopian world.
>
> "The Matrix" is what passes for deep thought among teenagers.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

OK, not at all familiar with that. Blue pill is often used as a Viagra
reference.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/7/2021 8:18 AM, Gary wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Gates has been a nasty competitor in the technology area but he is doing
>> a lot of good now.Â* More than his critics have.

> I attribute that to his wife. She probably told him to start sharing
> some of the wealth (that they didn't need) and repair his reputation.

He is the largest holder of farmland too. That can be good or bad
depending on how it is used.

MacKenzie Scott is doing a lot of good things with the money Bezos made
too. Good for her.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-07 12:33 a.m., Allan Rogers wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 20:22:14 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>

> Why, yes. If I am doubtful about the safety/efficacy of one vaccine
> that's had months instead of a minimum of 7 years (on average) to
> properly develop and test, then it stands to reason I must be against
> all vaccines. That is, if I were you. Thankfully I'm not.

I have been getting the flu shot yearly for years and have managed not
to get the flu.

I had my first Covid19 shot yesterday. The best advice I have heard is
that the risk of complications from the vaccine and nothing compared to
the risk of getting ill with Covid19.

The vaccination program just recently dropped to 70 here, and 65 for the
Astrazeneca, and people in my circle are all getting it. My friend got
his on Saturday. My SiL got it Sunday, my brother yesterday and my wife
will get hers tomorrow.

The process at the injection clinic was very smooth. I was supposed to
wait in my car until 5 minutes before my appointment. I went over about
15 minutes early and asked if I could sit on the bench and read until my
appointment and was told I could go right in. I waited about two minutes
for screening, then a couple minutes wait to register and was then sent
to the line up for shots. The line disappeared as I walked towards it
and they took me right in. I was asked a couple questions to determine
my name and address and about reactions to shots.

I was sitting with my left arm toward the nurse and asked if I could
have it in my right arm because it was already sore and I didn't want
two sore arms. I turned, looked around for a second and she announced
that she was done. I had not felt a thing. I then had to sit for 15
minutes and I was done. It started to hurt in the evening and it hurts
now, but nothing I can't deal with.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-07 8:11 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-07 12:33 a.m., Allan Rogers wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 20:22:14 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>

>> Why, yes. If I am doubtful about the safety/efficacy of one vaccine
>> that's had months instead of a minimum of 7 years (on average) to
>> properly develop and test, then it stands to reason I must be against
>> all vaccines. That is, if I were you. Thankfully I'm not.
>>

> I have been getting the flu shot yearly for years and have managed not
> to get the flu.
>
> I had my firstÂ* Covid19 shot yesterday.Â* The best advice I have heard is
> that the risk of complications from the vaccine and nothing compared to
> the risk of getting ill with Covid19.

I went early for my appointment for the second shot yesterday and there
was no
queue so I got it immediately. I have a sore arm this morning, just as I
experience from the flu shot.
There have been numerous anecdotes about more severe reactions to #2 but
they are anecdotes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 10:25:00 AM UTC-4, Graham wrote:
> On 2021-04-07 8:11 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2021-04-07 12:33 a.m., Allan Rogers wrote:
> >> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 20:22:14 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
> >>

> >> Why, yes. If I am doubtful about the safety/efficacy of one vaccine
> >> that's had months instead of a minimum of 7 years (on average) to
> >> properly develop and test, then it stands to reason I must be against
> >> all vaccines. That is, if I were you. Thankfully I'm not.
> >>

> > I have been getting the flu shot yearly for years and have managed not
> > to get the flu.
> >
> > I had my first Covid19 shot yesterday. The best advice I have heard is
> > that the risk of complications from the vaccine and nothing compared to
> > the risk of getting ill with Covid19.
> >

> I went early for my appointment for the second shot yesterday and there
> was no
> queue so I got it immediately. I have a sore arm this morning, just as I
> experience from the flu shot.
> There have been numerous anecdotes about more severe reactions to #2 but
> they are anecdotes.

Doesn't make them untrue. Also doesn't mean you'll get the same side effects.

My husband got his second shot last week and ended up with a fever of 100.2
(his normal temperature is 97.something). Next day, he was fine.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-07 10:38 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 10:25:00 AM UTC-4, Graham wrote:
>> On 2021-04-07 8:11 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>> There have been numerous anecdotes about more severe reactions to #2 but
>> they are anecdotes.

> Doesn't make them untrue. Also doesn't mean you'll get the same side effects.
>
> My husband got his second shot last week and ended up with a fever of 100.2
> (his normal temperature is 97.something). Next day, he was fine.

Hopefully it is a matter of short term pain for long term gain. A guy
at the dog park said he had taken his 90 year old father for the shot
and two days later he was so sick he had to take him to the hospital,
but he was released that day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/7/2021 10:24 AM, Graham wrote:

>> I had my firstÂ* Covid19 shot yesterday.Â* The best advice I have heard
>> is that the risk of complications from the vaccine and nothing
>> compared to the risk of getting ill with Covid19.
>>

> I went early for my appointment for the second shot yesterday and there
> was no
> queue so I got it immediately. I have a sore arm this morning, just as I
> experience from the flu shot.
> There have been numerous anecdotes about more severe reactions to #2 but
> they are anecdotes.

I got my second Monday and had no effect at all. My friend though, got
hers Monday too. Thanks for the information. I'm going to call her and
let her know the headache and 101 fever is just an anecdote. That will
make her feel better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/7/2021 10:44 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-07 10:38 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 10:25:00 AM UTC-4, Graham wrote:
>>> On 2021-04-07 8:11 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> There have been numerous anecdotes about more severe reactions to #2 but
>>> they are anecdotes.

>> Doesn't make them untrue.Â* Also doesn't mean you'll get the same side
>> effects.
>>
>> My husband got his second shot last week and ended up with a fever of
>> 100.2
>> (his normal temperature is 97.something).Â* Next day, he was fine.
>>

> Hopefully it is a matter of short term pain for long term gain.Â* A guy
> at the dog park said he had taken his 90 year old father for the shot
> and two days later he was so sick he had to take him to the hospital,
> but he was released that day.

No, that is just an anecdote. I had no effect, therefore, no one has.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 10:25:00 AM UTC-4, Graham wrote:
> On 2021-04-07 8:11 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2021-04-07 12:33 a.m., Allan Rogers wrote:
> >> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 20:22:14 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
> >>

> >> Why, yes. If I am doubtful about the safety/efficacy of one vaccine
> >> that's had months instead of a minimum of 7 years (on average) to
> >> properly develop and test, then it stands to reason I must be against
> >> all vaccines. That is, if I were you. Thankfully I'm not.
> >>

> > I have been getting the flu shot yearly for years and have managed not
> > to get the flu.
> >
> > I had my first Covid19 shot yesterday. The best advice I have heard is
> > that the risk of complications from the vaccine and nothing compared to
> > the risk of getting ill with Covid19.
> >

> I went early for my appointment for the second shot yesterday and there
> was no
> queue so I got it immediately. I have a sore arm this morning, just as I
> experience from the flu shot.
> There have been numerous anecdotes about more severe reactions to #2 but
> they are anecdotes.

Here are some data:

<https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/reactogenicity.html>
<https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/moderna/reactogenicity.html>

Looks like it's from the trials, since there's mention of placebos.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Apr 7, , Cindy Hamilton wrote
(in >):

> Here are some data:
>
> <https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...actogenicity.h
> tml>
> <https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...reactogenicity.
> html>
>
> Looks like it's from the trials, since there's mention of placebos.

Here´s some other data.

<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html>

The only two people who have received both shots, that I know, had one show
no symptoms and the other be mildly ill for a day or so.
The three over-seventies in our household will be getting the second Moderna
dose on Friday. Wish us luck.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-07 2:43 p.m., Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Apr 7, , Cindy Hamilton wrote
> (in >):
>
>> Here are some data:
>>
>> <https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...actogenicity.h
>> tml>
>> <https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...reactogenicity.
>> html>
>>
>> Looks like it's from the trials, since there's mention of placebos.

> Here´s some other data.
>
> <https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html>
>
> The only two people who have received both shots, that I know, had one show
> no symptoms and the other be mildly ill for a day or so.
> The three over-seventies in our household will be getting the second Moderna
> dose on Friday. Wish us luck.

When I checked out of the vaccination clinic yesterday I said " Oh boy.
I can go back to partying like the way I have been for the last 12
months". The guy had a disapproving look on his face and reminded me
that we still have to wear masks and socially distance, to which I said
"Yes, like I have been for the last 12 months."

We are back in lock down here. The province just announced another Stay
At Home order to be in effect for the next four weeks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/7/2021 2:43 PM, Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Apr 7, , Cindy Hamilton wrote
> (in >):
>
>> Here are some data:
>>
>> <https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...actogenicity.h
>> tml>
>> <https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...reactogenicity.
>> html>
>>
>> Looks like it's from the trials, since there's mention of placebos.

> Here´s some other data.
>
> <https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html>
>
> The only two people who have received both shots, that I know, had one show
> no symptoms and the other be mildly ill for a day or so.
> The three over-seventies in our household will be getting the second Moderna
> dose on Friday. Wish us luck.
>
> leo

Well good luck. It can take 12 to 24 hours to show symptoms so don't
plan a big party the next day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 08:18:28 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Gates has been a nasty competitor in the technology area but he is doing
>> a lot of good now. More than his critics have.

>I attribute that to his wife. She probably told him to start sharing
>some of the wealth (that they didn't need) and repair his reputation.

You're just guessing. Why? There is plenty of factual information on
the Internet about Gates, going back to the early days. Gates saw the
limitations of Microsoft and saw his future in vaccines and
agriculture. He wants to (and is succeeding) in dominating both
fields. People like you buy into his manufactured image. Remember his
older, REAL public image? It wasn't good. For a good reason.

Why is this guy suddenly the arbiter of what happens to billions of
people across the planet? Why did the Indian government, including the
opposition, ALL agree to kick him out of India for illegal testing on
humans (he has so much power, he's back in India via other means)?
Hundreds of thousands of lives ruined by his polio vaccines in Africa.
No mainstream media coverage...............
https://vimeo.com/533311358

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 10:11:06 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-04-07 12:33 a.m., Allan Rogers wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 20:22:14 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>

>> Why, yes. If I am doubtful about the safety/efficacy of one vaccine
>> that's had months instead of a minimum of 7 years (on average) to
>> properly develop and test, then it stands to reason I must be against
>> all vaccines. That is, if I were you. Thankfully I'm not.
>>

>I have been getting the flu shot yearly for years and have managed not
>to get the flu.

I had one flu shot in the 1990s (which gave me mild flu symptoms). No
flu shot since then, and no flu either.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 14:55:04 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>When I checked out of the vaccination clinic yesterday I said " Oh boy.
>I can go back to partying like the way I have been for the last 12
>months". The guy had a disapproving look on his face and reminded me
>that we still have to wear masks and socially distance, to which I said
>"Yes, like I have been for the last 12 months."

Yes. It's a great vaccine. We all still have to wear masks and social
distance. REMARKABLE how these 'tested and approved in 6 months
vaccines' involve continuing a protocol implying the vaccine is
ineffective. UNLIKE every other vaccine that was tested and developed
correctly.

Certain people are making an absolute FORTUNE from all this, while the
government has a new form of control, like no other.

This is just great for society, children born a year ago are
developing serious socializing problems from having no contact with
other humans.

>We are back in lock down here. The province just announced another Stay
>At Home order to be in effect for the next four weeks.

But we are vaccinated! Problem solved! Yay!

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Yes. It's a great vaccine. We all still have to wear masks and social
> distance. REMARKABLE how these 'tested and approved in 6 months
> vaccines' involve continuing a protocol implying the vaccine is
> ineffective. UNLIKE every other vaccine that was tested and developed
> correctly.

When more are vaccinated restrictions can be eased. If nothing else,
vaccines have eliminated hospitalizations and death for those
vaccinated. Good enough for me.

Brazil had over 4000 deaths yesterday with no restrictions. Maybe you'd
fit in better down there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/04/2021 19:43, Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Apr 7, , Cindy Hamilton wrote
> (in >):
>
>> Here are some data:
>>
>> <https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...actogenicity.h
>> tml>
>> <https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...reactogenicity.
>> html>
>>
>> Looks like it's from the trials, since there's mention of placebos.

> Here´s some other data.
>
> <https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html>
>
> The only two people who have received both shots, that I know, had one show
> no symptoms and the other be mildly ill for a day or so.
> The three over-seventies in our household will be getting the second Moderna
> dose on Friday. Wish us luck.
>
> leo

===

We both had our second Astra Zenica jags today. WE have had no problems
with the first, nor so far the second!

Fingers crossed)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 01:31:15 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 8:22:19 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> > On 4/6/2021 6:09 PM, Allan Rogers wrote:
>> > I guess you're a blue pill guy.

>> You lost me on that one. You can still have erections and not make babies.

>I think it was a reference to "The Matrix", in which the protagonist is offered
>a choice: Take the blue pill and stay in the computer simulation, ignoring reality.
>Take the red pill and wake up to the dystopian world.
>
>"The Matrix" is what passes for deep thought among teenagers.

Naturally, your take on the trope is willfully retarded.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 09:50:06 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> You lost me on that one. You can still have erections and not make babies.

>> I think it was a reference to "The Matrix", in which the protagonist is offered
>> a choice: Take the blue pill and stay in the computer simulation, ignoring reality.
>> Take the red pill and wake up to the dystopian world.
>>
>> "The Matrix" is what passes for deep thought among teenagers.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>OK, not at all familiar with that.

That doesn't surprise me at all.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> On 07/04/2021 19:43, Leo wrote:
> > On 2021 Apr 7, , Cindy Hamilton wrote
> > (in
> > >):
> >
> > > Here are some data:

<https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...actogenicity.h
> > > tml>

<https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...reactogenicity.
> > > html>
> > >
> > > Looks like it's from the trials, since there's mention of
> > > placebos.

> > Here´s some other data.

<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html>

> > The only two people who have received both shots, that I know, had
> > one show no symptoms and the other be mildly ill for a day or so.
> > The three over-seventies in our household will be getting the
> > second Moderna dose on Friday. Wish us luck.
> >
> > leo

> ===
>

> We both had our second Astra Zenica jags today. WE have had no
> problems with the first, nor so far the second!
>
> Fingers crossed)

I read that the chance of getting a serious problem from the
AstraZeneca vaccination, is 1 in 100,000 max. That's probably a bigger
chance than normal with vaccinations, but still a lot smaller than the
Covid risk.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net