Old 16-09-2020, 05:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken wings

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 7:03:01 PM UTC-5, Leo wrote:

On 2020 Sep 15, , wrote
(in ):

DANG! That looks good!! Are those pieces deep fried, baked, or air fried??
I'm a fan of chicken Rice-A-Roni, too. It's pretty good with a cubed boneless
chicken breast thrown in the pan as you're browning the vermicelli and then
cook according to package directions.

Thanks, Joan! They were baked in the oven at 450F for thirty minutes per
instructions on the McCormicks package. I do spritz the foil with PAM.
Heres the before and after pictures. They look better on a plate..
We used to eat these all the time. I hadn't cooked any in a couple of years,
but theyre back on the menu.

https://postimg.cc/r0466SSd
and
https://postimg.cc/fJZGFSkL

leo

Mmmmm, and thank goodness for aluminum foil! Har-har-har

Old 16-09-2020, 11:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 16:03:11 -0700, Leo
wrote:

With McCormick Buffalo Wings seasoning, bottled HVR buttermilk ranch dressing
and good ole chicken Rice-A-Roni. I lovingly pinch the seasoning on the
pieces instead of shaking the powder with them in a bag.
Some day, I’ll try Frank’s with wings. It’s sold here.
I ate it all! Well...minus the bones.

https://postimg.cc/pmTgWYPG

leo

Looks tasty but I see they are doing the same thing as here, no real 3
section chicken wings. I have to go a few extra miles to get them, I
don't like them cut in three.

If you cut them into sections before cooking, it's just a
bit less messy when you eat them.

I was in a 7-11 one day and the guy ahead of me ordered some
chicken wings. They were cut in 2 sections (no tips) but they
were calling each section "a wing" and charging for it.

He ordered 4 wings expecting to get 8 pieces but they
tried to charge him for 8 wings.

He argued a bit then gave up and said forget it.
I did agree with him. That's a misleading sale.
Old 16-09-2020, 11:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 18:40:13 -0500, Hank Rogers
wrote:

Sheldon Martin wrote:
I don't like chicken wings, they were what were fed to infants.

Yoose the elderly *** male version of julie bove.

Yoose don't like anything much.

Damn, I laughed and a mouthful of wine went all over the screen!

Careful with that. I've ruined a few keyboards with wine.
Old 16-09-2020, 11:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

They are often sold here pre cut, drumettes and wingettes only. It is
quite a bit cheaper to buy them intact. You are paying for the tips,
which most people discard, and it is not much work to separate them.

If yoose want a good "buffalo wing" meal... (and save money)
Wings - schmings. Try "buffalo thighs" instead.
You won't be sorry.

I discovered this one year when I got the urge for wings.
It was Superbowl time so they were expensive...$4.99lb.
Well screw that so I bought a whole chicken for .89lb and
cut it up into many pieces and cooked them the same way.

Once cooked, coated in mix of melted butter and
Frank's Hot sauce. Marie's Blue cheese dressing for a dip.

Old 16-09-2020, 12:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:14:02 +1000, Bruce wrote:

wrote:

With McCormick Buffalo Wings seasoning, bottled HVR buttermilk ranch dressing
and good ole chicken Rice-A-Roni. I lovingly pinch the seasoning on the
pieces instead of shaking the powder with them in a bag.
Some day, I’ll try Frank’s with wings. It’s sold here.
I ate it all! Well...minus the bones.
leo

I don't like chicken wings, they were what were fed to infants.

Yoose the elderly *** male version of julie bove.

Yoose don't like anything much.

Damn, I laughed and a mouthful of wine went all over the screen!

Don't encourage the scatological stalker, please. Unless you're into
such behaviour yourself, of course.

The only person who gives me orders (that I obey) is my cat, so don't
try.
Old 16-09-2020, 12:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 17:57:40 -0700, Leo
wrote:

On 2020 Sep 15, , Lucretia Borgia wrote
(in ):

Looks tasty but I see they are doing the same thing as here, no real 3
section chicken wings. I have to go a few extra miles to get them, I
don't like them cut in three.

They came as ten fresh three-section chicken wings. I cut ‘em up and have
the tips in the freezer. I like to disjoint them. They lay flatter on the
cookie sheet. But that’s just me.
Fresh chicken wings are nearly always whole and sold neatly nested, in a
long, skinny tray where I shop. Butcher disjointed pieces are more expensive,
and I’m adroit with fowl and a knife.

leo

I wish it was the same here! All the stupidmarkets have trays of
jointed wings, not including tips. I do bake them whole, mostly
because I find the wings crisp nicely all over when they are partially
'standing' on the parchment. I am not as enterprising as you, I
simply pour some Hoisin sauce in the bag and let them marinate for the
afternoon
Old 16-09-2020, 12:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 21:18:01 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

I find parchment paper just as useful and easier to dispose of later.
I saw a tip on Jamie Oliver that I use with parchment paper, if it's
not being compliant with what you want it to do, hold under the hot
water tap and it will now do exactly what you want
Old 16-09-2020, 12:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

With McCormick Buffalo Wings seasoning, bottled HVR buttermilk ranch dressing
and good ole chicken Rice-A-Roni. I lovingly pinch the seasoning on the
pieces instead of shaking the powder with them in a bag.
Some day, Ill try Franks with wings. Its sold here.
I ate it all! Well...minus the bones.
leo

I don't like chicken wings, they were what were fed to infants.

Yoose the elderly *** male version of julie bove.

Yoose don't like anything much.

Damn, I laughed and a mouthful of wine went all over the screen!

Don't encourage the scatological stalker, please. Unless you're into
such behaviour yourself, of course.

The only person who gives me orders (that I obey) is my cat, so don't
try.

Didn't you notice the "please"? Can't you tell an order from a
request? I hereby order you, also on behalf of your cat, to find
someone who can explain the difference to you. Maybe a great
grandchild?
Old 16-09-2020, 02:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Try finely minced garlic, ginger and soy sauce and you get Jar Doo
chicken wings.

Old 16-09-2020, 02:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 06:45:01 -0400, Gary wrote:

[...] they were calling each section "a wing" and charging for it.
[...] I did agree with him. That's a misleading sale.

We should thank our lucky stars that they don't cook the 'tip'
and count it as a 'wing' as well.

The next thing you know, Colonel Sanders will be counting the
pope's nose as another piece of white meat and the Red Lobster
will be charging for mussel shell 'individual serving bowls'.
Old 16-09-2020, 02:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 08:20:20 -0300, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

The only person who gives me orders (that I obey)
is my cat, so don't try.

Right now I'm trying to send mental suggestions to your cat.

Let me know if it starts to behave erratic / irrational.
Old 16-09-2020, 03:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/16/2020 6:47 AM, Mike Duffy wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 06:45:01 -0400, Gary wrote:

[...] they were calling each section "a wing" and charging for it.
[...] I did agree with him. That's a misleading sale.

We should thank our lucky stars that they don't cook the 'tip'
and count it as a 'wing' as well.

The next thing you know, Colonel Sanders will be counting the
pope's nose as another piece of white meat and the Red Lobster
will be charging for mussel shell 'individual serving bowls'.

The lack of wing tips is probably the result of a lawsuit.
Old 16-09-2020, 03:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 07:04:24 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

The lack of wing tips is probably the result of a lawsuit.

If someone sued about bones, would that not make the 'winglet'
pieces more dangerous? (i.e. bigger bones, etc.)

Unless advertised as 'boneless', how could a litigant expect
a jury to believe bones should be absent in any piece of meat?

Much more likely, most people don't eat the tips.
Old 16-09-2020, 03:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/16/2020 7:19 AM, Mike Duffy wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 07:04:24 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

The lack of wing tips is probably the result of a lawsuit.

If someone sued about bones, would that not make the 'winglet'
pieces more dangerous? (i.e. bigger bones, etc.)

Unless advertised as 'boneless', how could a litigant expect
a jury to believe bones should be absent in any piece of meat?

Much more likely, most people don't eat the tips.

Well, I was sort of joking. But it could be a complaint about
advertised weight being misleading. Or anything else.