Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken wings

On Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 3:42:49 PM UTC-5, Mike Duffy wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:27:21 -0700, wrote:
>
> > Martha Stewart also says to crumple up the paper if it doesn't want to
> > behave and lie flat.
> >

> Yeah. I crumple it up and toss it in the garbage can.
>
> The next piece treats me with the respect I merit.

I'm surprised your box of parchment paper hasn't skedaddled out
the door.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > I discovered this one year when I got the urge for wings.
> > It was Superbowl time so they were expensive...$4.99lb.
> > Well screw that so I bought a whole chicken for .89lb and
> > cut it up into many pieces and cooked them the same way.
> >
> > Once cooked, coated in mix of melted butter and
> > Frank's Hot sauce. Marie's Blue cheese dressing for a dip.

> I'm not sure the proportions would be right. Too much meat;
> not enough crispy skin with sauce on it.

The original recipe coats a serving of wings completely
(in a covered tupperware with the butter/sauce and shaken).
If you want crisp skins, you better eat them quickly.

Try just one thigh sometime when you make wings.
The large bite of meat is nice compared to gnawing on
little bits, imo. If you don't like it, I'll bet your
husband will. (or you can invite me)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 5:15:59 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:
> > > I discovered this one year when I got the urge for wings.
> > > It was Superbowl time so they were expensive...$4.99lb.
> > > Well screw that so I bought a whole chicken for .89lb and
> > > cut it up into many pieces and cooked them the same way.
> > >
> > > Once cooked, coated in mix of melted butter and
> > > Frank's Hot sauce. Marie's Blue cheese dressing for a dip.

> > I'm not sure the proportions would be right. Too much meat;
> > not enough crispy skin with sauce on it.

> The original recipe coats a serving of wings completely
> (in a covered tupperware with the butter/sauce and shaken).
> If you want crisp skins, you better eat them quickly.
>
> Try just one thigh sometime when you make wings.
> The large bite of meat is nice compared to gnawing on
> little bits, imo. If you don't like it, I'll bet your
> husband will. (or you can invite me)

Thanks, but I don't like thighs (too slimy in the mouth) and
I don't make wings (too fatty for the amount of protein you
get).

I occasionally sauce grilled chicken breast with butter and Frank's
hot sauce, which is quite enjoyable.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 03:31:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 5:15:59 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > I'm not sure the proportions would be right. Too much meat;
>> > not enough crispy skin with sauce on it.

>> The original recipe coats a serving of wings completely
>> (in a covered tupperware with the butter/sauce and shaken).
>> If you want crisp skins, you better eat them quickly.
>>
>> Try just one thigh sometime when you make wings.
>> The large bite of meat is nice compared to gnawing on
>> little bits, imo. If you don't like it, I'll bet your
>> husband will. (or you can invite me)

>Thanks, but I don't like thighs (too slimy in the mouth) and
>I don't make wings (too fatty for the amount of protein you
>get).
>
>I occasionally sauce grilled chicken breast with butter and Frank's
>hot sauce, which is quite enjoyable.

You can put a good hot sauce on cardboard and it will be hackable.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 12:33:24 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:27:21 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 6:27:16 AM UTC-5, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> >>
> >> On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 21:18:01 -0700 (PDT), "

> >> I find parchment paper just as useful and easier to dispose of later.
> >> I saw a tip on Jamie Oliver that I use with parchment paper, if it's
> >> not being compliant with what you want it to do, hold under the hot
> >> water tap and it will now do exactly what you want
> >>

> >I was commenting on the use of aluminum foil for the ease of clean up but I
> >use parchment paper quite frequently, too. Not too sure how well parchment
> >would have held up at 450° though, that might have been pushing it to catch
> >on fire.
> >
> >Martha Stewart also says to crumple up the paper if it doesn't want to behave
> >and lie flat. Both are good tips.

> Parchment paper will brown at 450F. I've used it under bread often.
> Never caught on fire here.

Only one degree more, and you'd have had Fahrenheit 451.

> Janet US

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 13:52:20 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 12:33:24 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:27:21 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>> >I was commenting on the use of aluminum foil for the ease of clean up but I
>> >use parchment paper quite frequently, too. Not too sure how well parchment
>> >would have held up at 450° though, that might have been pushing it to catch
>> >on fire.
>> >
>> >Martha Stewart also says to crumple up the paper if it doesn't want to behave
>> >and lie flat. Both are good tips.

>> Parchment paper will brown at 450F. I've used it under bread often.
>> Never caught on fire here.

>Only one degree more, and you'd have had Fahrenheit 451.

Ray Bradbury
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 13:52:20 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 12:33:24 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:27:21 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> Parchment paper will brown at 450F. I've used it under bread often.
>>> Never caught on fire here.

>> Only one degree more, and you'd have had Fahrenheit 451.

> Ray Bradbury

Herr Van de Buttsniff

Posted to rec.food.cooking
% % is offline

On 2020-09-17 3:47 p.m., Hank Rogers wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 13:52:20 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
>> > wrote:

>>> Only one degree more, and you'd have had Fahrenheit 451.

>> Ray Bradbury
>>

> Herr Van de Buttsniff

up yer nose
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 11:47:10 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 7:03:01 PM UTC-5, Leo wrote:
> >>
> >> On 2020 Sep 15, , wrote
> >> (in >):

> >> Thanks, Joan! They were baked in the oven at 450F for thirty minutes per
> >> instructions on the McCormicks package. I do spritz the foil with PAM.
> >> Here€„¢s the before and after pictures. They look better on a plate.
> >> We used to eat these all the time. I hadn't cooked any in a couple of years,
> >> but they€„¢re back on the menu.
> >>
> >> <https://postimg.cc/r0466SSd>
> >> and
> >> <https://postimg.cc/fJZGFSkL>
> >>
> >> leo
> >>

> > Mmmmm, and thank goodness for aluminum foil! Har-har-har
> >

> Popeye will shit if he finds out somebody cooked on foil!

He will shit anyway soon enough. Everybody does.

--Bryan