Old 16-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Carol Peterson

Default REC - Charliam's Favorite Chicken Wings (Cracklin' Wings)

Great football game munchies!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Charliam's Favorite Chicken Wings (Cracklin' Wings)

Recipe By :Pat (Cryambers)
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : appetizers poultry

24 whole chicken wings
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper -- ground
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Optional:
1/2 cup butter
4 1/2 ounces hot sauce -- Frank's
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 lime -- juiced

* Seasonings are just a suggestion

1. Wash chicken wings and pat dry. Separate drummies from paddles,
and cut off wing tips -reserve for another use.
2. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil and spray with nonstick cooking
spray. Put flour, pepper, garlic powder and salt in ziplock bag;
shake to mix. Add wing pieces, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
Put flour-coated wings on foil-covered cookie sheets. Bake in
preheated 375F oven for 1 1/2 hours, moving wing pieces around after
45 minutes so they won't stick to the foil.
3. When wings are done, melt butter in medium saucepan. Add hot
sauce, vinegar, and lime juice. Turn off heat. Toss wings with sauce
and serve.

Yield:
"48 pieces"
Start to Finish Time:
"2:15"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-

Serving Ideas : Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese or ranch
dressing

NOTES : Named in honor of Charlie (Liam) Gifford. I call them
"Cracklin' Wings" because they're so crisp. (Damsel)

Old 17-10-2005, 04:19 AM
Bob Terwilliger

Carol wrote:

[...]

Do the celery seed and ground chipotle go in with the flour?

Bob

Old 17-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Carol Peterson

On 16 Oct 2005 22:19:02 -0500, "Bob Terwilliger"
wrote:

Carol wrote:

[...]

OOPS! Yeah, they do, plus or minus any other seasonings that tickle
your fancy. I'll edit the recipe. Thanks!

Carol
Old 17-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Stark

In article .com,
Carol Peterson wrote:

Charliam's Favorite Chicken Wings (Cracklin' Wings)

Question about Franks Hot Sauce. The last batch of wings I prepared
with Franks were inedibly salty. I mean they were brined, so much so
that I couldn't eat them and I'm a saltoholic--I love the stuff, always
salting dishes even before I've tasted them. I know, I could never be
a Marine.

I went back to the bottle and sampled the sauce and it was salty. Did I
get a bad batch or is this the norm?