Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lamb Chops (not really for Easter)

I'm planning to cook some lamb shoulder chops tomorrow. I'd grill them
outdoors on the Weber kettle except it's been very windy here the last
few days and it doesn't seem to want to stop. Gusts up to 40MPH.
Flying sparks from a charcoal grill is not a good idea.

So, I'll likely use the stovetop grill pan in the kitchen. The chops
will be brushed with neutral oil, seasoned with S&P, a sprinkling of
crumbled dried thyme and garlic. A bit of crushed dried rosemary (use a
mortar & pestle) is nice, too. Cooked to medium rare. Yum!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-04-20 1:00 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> I'm planning to cook some lamb shoulder chops tomorrow.Â* I'd grill them
> outdoors on the Weber kettle except it's been very windy here the last
> few days and it doesn't seem to want to stop.Â* Gusts up to 40MPH. Flying
> sparks from a charcoal grill is not a good idea.
>
> So, I'll likely use the stovetop grill pan in the kitchen.Â* The chops
> will be brushed with neutral oil, seasoned with S&P, a sprinkling of
> crumbled dried thyme and garlic.Â* A bit of crushed dried rosemary (use a
> mortar & pestle) is nice, too.Â* Cooked to medium rare.Â* Yum!

I am envious. It is too wet to use an outdoor grill here this weekend.
We are going to my brothers for Easter dinner tomorrow and they are
cooking a turkey. My son and his girlfriend are coming here on Monday
and we are going to do a glazed peameal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 12:44:07 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> We are going to my brothers for Easter dinner tomorrow and they are
> cooking a turkey. My son and his girlfriend are coming here on Monday
> and we are going to do a glazed peameal.

I'm going to my sister-in-law's house and they decided this year to have BBQ
instead of a ham. Great! I love BBQ! I'm taking two Toll House pies, and
a small cherry dump cake plus a gallon of vanilla ice cream.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 13:54:59 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 12:44:07 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> We are going to my brothers for Easter dinner tomorrow and they are
>> cooking a turkey. My son and his girlfriend are coming here on Monday
>> and we are going to do a glazed peameal.
>>

>I'm going to my sister-in-law's house and they decided this year to have BBQ
>instead of a ham. Great! I love BBQ! I'm taking two Toll House pies, and
>a small cherry dump cake plus a gallon of vanilla ice cream.

I am going to my elder daughters, a double celebration, Easter Egg Day
and my younger greatgranddaughters 12th birthday. I made a Pina
Colada Cheesecake for that, try to remember to take a pic tomorrow
when I put the topping on.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 4:23:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> I am going to my elder daughters, a double celebration, Easter Egg Day
> and my younger greatgranddaughters 12th birthday. I made a Pina
> Colada Cheesecake for that, try to remember to take a pic tomorrow
> when I put the topping on.

Mmmmmmmmm, sounds goooooooood.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/20/2019 1:46 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-04-20 1:00 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> I'm planning to cook some lamb shoulder chops tomorrow.Â* I'd grill
>> them outdoors on the Weber kettle except it's been very windy here the
>> last few days and it doesn't seem to want to stop.Â* Gusts up to 40MPH.
>> Flying sparks from a charcoal grill is not a good idea.
>>
>> So, I'll likely use the stovetop grill pan in the kitchen.Â* The chops
>> will be brushed with neutral oil, seasoned with S&P, a sprinkling of
>> crumbled dried thyme and garlic.Â* A bit of crushed dried rosemary (use
>> a mortar & pestle) is nice, too.Â* Cooked to medium rare.Â* Yum!
>>

> I am envious. It is too wet to use an outdoor grill here this weekend.

You'll notice I said it's too windy to use the outdoor grill.

> We are going to my brothers for Easter dinner tomorrow and they are
> cooking a turkey. My son and his girlfriend are coming here on Monday
> and we are going to do a glazed peameal.

I'll be making a barley pilaf to go with the lamb. Lamb and barley go
very well together, if I was making a soup it would be Scotch broth.
Asparagus will round out the meal.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 17:19:07 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 4:23:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>>
>> I am going to my elder daughters, a double celebration, Easter Egg Day
>> and my younger greatgranddaughters 12th birthday. I made a Pina
>> Colada Cheesecake for that, try to remember to take a pic tomorrow
>> when I put the topping on.
>>

>Mmmmmmmmm, sounds goooooooood.

https://postimg.cc/ppYMQHw6

Good Appletons rum in that, and the topping.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 4:59:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 17:19:07 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 4:23:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> >>
> >> I am going to my elder daughters, a double celebration, Easter Egg Day
> >> and my younger greatgranddaughters 12th birthday. I made a Pina
> >> Colada Cheesecake for that, try to remember to take a pic tomorrow
> >> when I put the topping on.
> >>

> >Mmmmmmmmm, sounds goooooooood.

> https://postimg.cc/ppYMQHw6
>
> Good Appletons rum in that, and the topping.

It does look good; better not let christ see all that pineapple!