Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Lamb tri-tip for Easter brunch

Anybody have any experience with such?

Please share.

-Zz
"Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 21:51:54 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 19:16:49 -0700, Zz Yzx wrote:
>
>> Anybody have any experience with such?

>A lamb tri-tip would be pretty damned small. I'm surprised any
>butcher would go to the trouble of separating it off. What are they,
>about 5-6 ounces each?

They are small, about the size of a big fist. I live in "Lambtown,
USA" (Dixon, CA). There's a small meat market here with lots of lamb
cuts (tri-tip, short ribs, &tc; NO bacon though, yet).

>Marinate as for lamb loin chops and grill hot
>and fast to med-rare (start them at room temp).

Thanks.

>-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Apr 2, 10:22*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:

> A skinny, sucked up, miniature cow. *They don't apply the same
> fattening techniques to lambs. *Yet. *Height and age being the same,
> It's still like comparing Kim Kardashian to Ingrid Newkirk. *one is
> still proportionally smaller than the other ;-)

Heh, had no idea who this Newkirk gal was, hoping to see sexy pics of
some attention whoring cutey, was suprised.

Hey, I think I found the identity of one of our wannabe bbq
sacrifices:

Seriously, read this, it's deranged.
http://www.peta.org/features/ingrid-...ique-will.aspx

Oh. She's the dastardly demon behind it all.
http://www.nokillnow.com/PETAIngridNewkirkResign.htm

Planning to grill a leg of lamb using the standard rubs and whatnot
this Sunday.