Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Two loaves of quick bread!

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 10:28:21 AM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/18/2019 6:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >>
> >> So we've heard. I still don't know why you're bending over backwards
> >> cater to this guy and his whims. Are you that terribly in need of
> >> companionship now that you're divorced and Angela moved out?
> >>

> > I never thought I would say this, but let's cut Julie some slack.
> >
> > At least she's talking about cooking.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Gluten free.

Sorry, are we not allowed to talk about gluten-free cookery? I
don't personally need to cook that way, but others might. Granted,
they'd be better off in some gluten-free chat area, but this is
Usenet after all.

If I had a buck for every recipe posted here that I'm not
interested in making, I could retire.

Cindy Hamilton

==

Yes!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 09:48:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 12:07:57 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 4/18/2019 10:57 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> >
>> > Sorry, are we not allowed to talk about gluten-free cookery? I
>> > don't personally need to cook that way, but others might. Granted,
>> > they'd be better off in some gluten-free chat area, but this is
>> > Usenet after all.
>> >
>> > If I had a buck for every recipe posted here that I'm not
>> > interested in making, I could retire.
>> >

>> You realize I didn't say we aren't allowed to talk about gluten-free.
>> But she has mentioned her gardener and gluten-free in other posts more
>> than once. So it's not a revelation. It gets old. It's like she's
>> bragging.
>>
>> And there's always a slight hint of failure. The zucchini bread was
>> "too most" (moist, Julie, don't be so quick to point out others' typos)
>> so she had to bake it longer. Well gee, that's what anyone would do if
>> the bread wasn't fully cooked. Use the toothpick test in the middle.
>> Comes out clean, it's done. No big baking revelations there.
>>
>> Cottage Cheese bread. She said, "I wound up having an extra container
>> of cottage cheese that expired today." Good thing she made the
>> expiration deadline!
>>
>> Jill

>Yes, it is tedious. If you want to avoid this sort of thing,
>I'm afraid you have no choice but to go to Facebook or some
>other moderated area.

Do they ban people who bake too moist zucchni bread, on Facebook? Or
do you think they ban people who are involved in group bullying?
Hmm... hard one.

==

No it isn't!!!! There is too much of that here and it is really good
that it is being pointed out!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 21:27:19 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 09:48:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>> You realize I didn't say we aren't allowed to talk about gluten-free.
>>> But she has mentioned her gardener and gluten-free in other posts more
>>> than once. So it's not a revelation. It gets old. It's like she's
>>> bragging.
>>>
>>> And there's always a slight hint of failure. The zucchini bread was
>>> "too most" (moist, Julie, don't be so quick to point out others' typos)
>>> so she had to bake it longer. Well gee, that's what anyone would do if
>>> the bread wasn't fully cooked. Use the toothpick test in the middle.
>>> Comes out clean, it's done. No big baking revelations there.
>>>
>>> Cottage Cheese bread. She said, "I wound up having an extra container
>>> of cottage cheese that expired today." Good thing she made the
>>> expiration deadline!
>>>
>>> Jill

>>Yes, it is tedious. If you want to avoid this sort of thing,
>>I'm afraid you have no choice but to go to Facebook or some
>>other moderated area.

>Do they ban people who bake too moist zucchni bread, on Facebook? Or
>do you think they ban people who are involved in group bullying?
>Hmm... hard one.
>
>==
>
> No it isn't!!!! There is too much of that here and it is really good
>that it is being pointed out!!

Yes, it's a pack mentality. They feed off each other.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 20:12:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

> >> So we've heard. I still don't know why you're bending over backwards to
> >> cater to this guy and his whims. Are you that terribly in need of
> >> companionship now that you're divorced and Angela moved out?

> >Of course you don't know because it's not in you to do such things. When I
> >cook for people, I go out of my way to cook what they like and/or need to
> >eat. I am that way with everyone. It's just how I am.
> >
> >I am not terribly in need of anything. I dwell in abuncance here.

> Maybe Jill's jealous because her long distance relationship with a
> married man came to an end?
>
> ==
>
> Makes you wonder ....

Lol...cannot imagine Jill having *any* sort of "romantic" relationship...

BTW welcome back Ms. O., hope all is coming along with you...

:-)

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:02:32 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>Ophelia wrote:
>
>> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>>
>> On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 20:12:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>> >Of course you don't know because it's not in you to do such things. When I
>> >cook for people, I go out of my way to cook what they like and/or need to
>> >eat. I am that way with everyone. It's just how I am.
>> >
>> >I am not terribly in need of anything. I dwell in abuncance here.

>> Maybe Jill's jealous because her long distance relationship with a
>> married man came to an end?
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Makes you wonder ....

>Lol...cannot imagine Jill having *any* sort of "romantic" relationship...

Maybe with a male librarian?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 4/18/2019 9:21 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> She's a nice person. Her odd posts often warrant teasing, but not
>>> the mean bullying that she constantly gets.

>> Probably not the bullying, but she's the most incurious person
>> I've ever met. I've hammered on her a few times for being
>> unwilling to learn about stuff.
>>

> Since her divorce, Julies has changed a bit though, for the better. She
> is more likely to say something when attacked and has a pretty good sense
> of humor. Good for her! We all have our quirks, but Julie is Julie and
> getting better at it. And she cooks.

Thanks! *Hug*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 4/18/2019 10:57 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Gluten free.

>> Sorry, are we not allowed to talk about gluten-free cookery? I
>> don't personally need to cook that way, but others might. Granted,
>> they'd be better off in some gluten-free chat area, but this is
>> Usenet after all.
>>
>> If I had a buck for every recipe posted here that I'm not
>> interested in making, I could retire.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> You realize I didn't say we aren't allowed to talk about gluten-free. But
> she has mentioned her gardener and gluten-free in other posts more than
> once. So it's not a revelation. It gets old. It's like she's bragging.
>
> And there's always a slight hint of failure. The zucchini bread was "too
> most" (moist, Julie, don't be so quick to point out others' typos) so she
> had to bake it longer. Well gee, that's what anyone would do if the bread
> wasn't fully cooked. Use the toothpick test in the middle. Comes out
> clean, it's done. No big baking revelations there.
>
> Cottage Cheese bread. She said, "I wound up having an extra container of
> cottage cheese that expired today." Good thing she made the expiration
> deadline!

Have you ever eaten expired cottage cheese? It's quite sour.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 09:48:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>>> You realize I didn't say we aren't allowed to talk about gluten-free.
>>> But she has mentioned her gardener and gluten-free in other posts more
>>> than once. So it's not a revelation. It gets old. It's like she's
>>> bragging.
>>>
>>> And there's always a slight hint of failure. The zucchini bread was
>>> "too most" (moist, Julie, don't be so quick to point out others' typos)
>>> so she had to bake it longer. Well gee, that's what anyone would do if
>>> the bread wasn't fully cooked. Use the toothpick test in the middle.
>>> Comes out clean, it's done. No big baking revelations there.
>>>
>>> Cottage Cheese bread. She said, "I wound up having an extra container
>>> of cottage cheese that expired today." Good thing she made the
>>> expiration deadline!
>>>
>>> Jill

>>Yes, it is tedious. If you want to avoid this sort of thing,
>>I'm afraid you have no choice but to go to Facebook or some
>>other moderated area.

> Do they ban people who bake too moist zucchni bread, on Facebook? Or
> do you think they ban people who are involved in group bullying?
> Hmm... hard one.

Jill wouldn't be okay with anything I posted.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 21:27:19 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 09:48:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>Yes, it is tedious. If you want to avoid this sort of thing,
>>>I'm afraid you have no choice but to go to Facebook or some
>>>other moderated area.

>>Do they ban people who bake too moist zucchni bread, on Facebook? Or
>>do you think they ban people who are involved in group bullying?
>>Hmm... hard one.
>>
>>==
>>
>> No it isn't!!!! There is too much of that here and it is really good
>>that it is being pointed out!!

> Yes, it's a pack mentality. They feed off each other.

That way they don't have to cook!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 16:29:33 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> My gardener has decided that he needs to eat gluten free. Gluten free
>> baking
>> sure has changed since when I used to make it. Now you can buy "Cup for
>> Cup"
>> flour that can be subbed for AP flour in your favorite recipes. I no
>> longer
>> have to buy 4 or 6 different flours and Xanthan Gum and other things to
>> concoct my own flour mixes. And I no longer have to use special recipes.
>> Not
>> sure about the pretzels though. The recipe on the KA website says to use
>> bath of much more water than I would normally use, a much smaller amount
>> of
>> baking soda and some sugar. I do remember making GF bagels and putting
>> them
>> in a sugar bath but the end result was nothing like a wheat bagel.
>>
>> Anyway... I made zucchini bread which IMO is the best GF bread there is.
>> think because there is so much in it that you can't tell it is GF. I also
>> made cottage cheese bread. I wound up having an extra container of
>> cottage
>> cheese that expired today. That recipe was super easy. Cottage cheese,
>> eggs,
>> sugar, flour, walnuts an baking soda. I did add cinnamon and ginger
>> because
>> he loves those flavors. And I brushed melted butter over the top and
>> sides.
>>
>> I did not have three medium sized eggs as the recipe called for. I had
>> large
>> eggs. Two was not enough. I added three. I also had to add more cottage
>> cheese and even some water as the dough was too dry. I realize that
>> different brands of cottage cheese have different amounts of moisture. I
>> have the Alpenrose brand which is on the drier side. The loaf was done at
>> the recommended bake time.
>>
>> The zucchini bread was far too most for some reason. I had to bake it a
>> lot
>> longer than called for but both look and smell very good. I can't try
>> them
>> as they contain eggs but he sure seems to like them!

> Unspecified flour, unknown recipe, the usual
> assorted array of disconnected tangents, just to tell us your
> "gardener likes it". And you've already told us he eats shit (12+
> random cupboard scrapings heaped into a bowl).
>
> Why not get a honest paying housemate (I assume he upgraded from
> after a week or less) who buys their own damned gluten free flour
> for $3/lb and makes their own frivolous shit or take to pica.

I don't want a paying housemate. BTDT many years ago. Not my thing. We may
have a unique situation but it works for us.

> Weren't you just complaining about how $76K a year is "poverty"?
> (I'm sure you're mistaken about that,t oo). Your money has been
> free most of your life anyway. Hopefully that's 22oz bag of $5 flour
> is paid for (barely) by your monthly Kmart retirement windfall. And
> not with our tax dollars meant for honestly disabled people.

How has my money been free most of my life? What does that even mean? I have
other sources of income that are separate from my pension. Not that it's any
of your business!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:04:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 21:27:19 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Bruce" wrote in message

>>>Do they ban people who bake too moist zucchni bread, on Facebook? Or
>>>do you think they ban people who are involved in group bullying?
>>>Hmm... hard one.
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>> No it isn't!!!! There is too much of that here and it is really good
>>>that it is being pointed out!!

>> Yes, it's a pack mentality. They feed off each other.

>That way they don't have to cook!

Lol, bunch of cannibals!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie, here is a proven tip: store unopened AND opened cottage cheese, sour cream and any other
liquidy dairy product upside down. Especially the containers you have opened, will last a LOT
longer. (Make sure the opened containers won't leak or put on a shallow plate lined with several
layers of paper towel.)

This tip is especially useful for opened containers. Try it and you will be a believer. ;-))

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> Julie, here is a proven tip: store unopened AND opened cottage cheese,
> sour cream and any other
> liquidy dairy product upside down. Especially the containers you have
> opened, will last a LOT
> longer. (Make sure the opened containers won't leak or put on a shallow
> plate lined with several
> layers of paper towel.)
>
> This tip is especially useful for opened containers. Try it and you will
> be a believer. ;-))

No need to do that. We go through cottage cheese like crazy! I buy the small
containers. The problem this time was that even though I took the time to
put the closest to expiring in the front, one of us apparently some of the
newer ones first. I do buy a lot at a time because I get them at Winco and I
only go there once a week if that/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:02:32 -0700 (PDT), GM
> > wrote:
>
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>>> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>>>
>>> On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 20:12:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Maybe Jill's jealous because her long distance relationship with a
>>> married man came to an end?
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Makes you wonder ....

>> Lol...cannot imagine Jill having *any* sort of "romantic" relationship...

> Maybe with a male librarian?

Popeye had the hots for her, some years back. He ain't no librarian either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"GM" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" wrote in message
>
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 20:12:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

> >> So we've heard. I still don't know why you're bending over backwards
> >> cater to this guy and his whims. Are you that terribly in need of
> >> companionship now that you're divorced and Angela moved out?

> >Of course you don't know because it's not in you to do such things. When
> >cook for people, I go out of my way to cook what they like and/or need to
> >eat. I am that way with everyone. It's just how I am.
> >
> >I am not terribly in need of anything. I dwell in abuncance here.

> Maybe Jill's jealous because her long distance relationship with a
> married man came to an end?
>
> ==
>
> Makes you wonder ....

Lol...cannot imagine Jill having *any* sort of "romantic" relationship...

BTW welcome back Ms. O., hope all is coming along with you...

:-)

Best
Greg

===

Thanks, Greg) Still plenty to do but I need some rest. It bet it
makes you wonder why I come here for it though, eh? LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 09:48:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>> You realize I didn't say we aren't allowed to talk about gluten-free.
>>> But she has mentioned her gardener and gluten-free in other posts more
>>> than once. So it's not a revelation. It gets old. It's like she's
>>> bragging.
>>>
>>> And there's always a slight hint of failure. The zucchini bread was
>>> "too most" (moist, Julie, don't be so quick to point out others' typos)
>>> so she had to bake it longer. Well gee, that's what anyone would do if
>>> the bread wasn't fully cooked. Use the toothpick test in the middle.
>>> Comes out clean, it's done. No big baking revelations there.
>>>
>>> Cottage Cheese bread. She said, "I wound up having an extra container
>>> of cottage cheese that expired today." Good thing she made the
>>> expiration deadline!
>>>
>>> Jill

>>Yes, it is tedious. If you want to avoid this sort of thing,
>>I'm afraid you have no choice but to go to Facebook or some
>>other moderated area.

>Do they ban people who bake too moist zucchni bread, on Facebook? Or
>do you think they ban people who are involved in group bullying?
>Hmm... hard one.
>
>==
>
> No it isn't!!!! There is too much of that here and it is really good
>that it is being pointed out!!

Yes, it's a pack mentality. They feed off each other.

==
That's how it seems to work

Cindy is going a great job and I am very pleased to see it!