Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Baking 2 loaves of my Banana Bread 2.0!

I call it Banana Bread 2.0 because some people took great exception to
the fact that I put stuff in my basic banana bread recipe. Stuff like
a diced apple, Bing cherry halves and slivered almonds.

My kitchen smells SO GOOD right now! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 25, 4:48*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> I call it Banana Bread 2.0 because some people took great exception to
> the fact that I put stuff in my basic banana bread recipe. Stuff like
> a diced apple, Bing cherry halves and slivered almonds.
>
> My kitchen smells SO GOOD right now! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Try some rum in it...tasty!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 25, 6:52*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Aug 25, 4:48*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > I call it Banana Bread 2.0 because some people took great exception to
> > the fact that I put stuff in my basic banana bread recipe. Stuff like
> > a diced apple, Bing cherry halves and slivered almonds.

> > My kitchen smells SO GOOD right now! :-)

> > John Kuthe...

> Try some rum in it...tasty!

I put a dollop of molasses in it! I found that really adds a richness
to the flavor. Mmmmmm!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 25, 6:48*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> I call it Banana Bread 2.0 because some people took great exception to
> the fact that I put stuff in my basic banana bread recipe. Stuff like
> a diced apple, Bing cherry halves and slivered almonds.
>
> My kitchen smells SO GOOD right now! :-)

I think people should change the subject line in your posts to "no
subject".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 25, 10:37*pm, projectile vomit chick
> wrote:
> On Aug 25, 6:48*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > I call it Banana Bread 2.0 because some people took great exception to
> > the fact that I put stuff in my basic banana bread recipe. Stuff like
> > a diced apple, Bing cherry halves and slivered almonds.

> > My kitchen smells SO GOOD right now! :-)

> I think people should change the subject line in your posts to "no
> subject".

Like this? ;-)

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I added a cup of Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking
Chips to my last loaf and took it to work with me. It disappeared in
moments ... and everyone wanted more!

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:48:01 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>I call it Banana Bread 2.0 because some people took great exception to
>the fact that I put stuff in my basic banana bread recipe. Stuff like
>a diced apple, Bing cherry halves and slivered almonds.
>
>My kitchen smells SO GOOD right now! :-)
>
>John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Linda wrote:
> I added a cup of Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking
> Chips to my last loaf and took it to work with me. It disappeared in
> moments ... and everyone wanted more!
>
> On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:48:01 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
>> I call it Banana Bread 2.0 because some people took great exception to
>> the fact that I put stuff in my basic banana bread recipe. Stuff like
>> a diced apple, Bing cherry halves and slivered almonds.
>>
>> My kitchen smells SO GOOD right now! :-)

Chocolate chips are pretty good in zucchini bread, too. I don't often
add them because we eat it for breakfast and don't need the added
calories, but when I bake zucchini bread for my daughter's family tthey
like it with cocoa and choc chips added (helps to hide the zucchini, I
guess.)

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 28, 11:32*am, Gloria P > wrote:
> Linda wrote:
> > I added a cup of Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking
> > Chips to my last loaf and took it to work with me. *It disappeared in
> > moments ... and everyone wanted more!

> > On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:48:01 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > > wrote:

> >> I call it Banana Bread 2.0 because some people took great exception to
> >> the fact that I put stuff in my basic banana bread recipe. Stuff like
> >> a diced apple, Bing cherry halves and slivered almonds.

> >> My kitchen smells SO GOOD right now! :-)

> Chocolate chips are pretty good in zucchini bread, too. *I don't often
> add them because we eat it for breakfast and don't need the added
> calories, but when I bake zucchini bread for my daughter's family tthey
> like it with cocoa and choc chips added (helps to hide the zucchini, I
> guess.)
>
> gloria p

You are right. The only problem is when you make a zucchini bread in
the middle of a heat wave. THe chocolate chips never firm up
afterwards, and the cake is very messy to eat. Still good, tho!

maxine in ri, contemplating too many cucumbers and carrots from the
csa