Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Yeast bread and mini loaves

Does anyone know how to adjust temperature and time when baking yeast
breads (specifically wheat bread) in mini loaves instead of the regular
size? Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MrsD" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Does anyone know how to adjust temperature and time when baking yeast
> breads (specifically wheat bread) in mini loaves instead of the regular
> size? Thanks!

I am pretty sure you will reduce time but not change the temp. Can't tell
you how much I am afraid.

--
Peter Aitken

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MrsD wrote:

> Does anyone know how to adjust temperature and time when baking yeast
> breads (specifically wheat bread) in mini loaves instead of the
> regular size? Thanks!

There are a few recipes on this page (annoyingly laid out though):

http://www.recipelink.com/mf/0/11589

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter, I'm afraid, too. But what the heck; I'll give the reduced time a
try. Thanks much!

MrsD

Peter Aitken wrote:
> "MrsD" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Does anyone know how to adjust temperature and time when baking yeast
> > breads (specifically wheat bread) in mini loaves instead of the regular
> > size? Thanks!
> >

> I am pretty sure you will reduce time but not change the temp. Can't tell
> you how much I am afraid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"MrsD" > wrote:

> Does anyone know how to adjust temperature and time when baking yeast
> breads (specifically wheat bread) in mini loaves instead of the regular
> size? Thanks!

I don't adjust the temperature. How large is a mini loaf? I typically
bake my breads at about 375° for a lot less time than the recipes
specify. * I watch the color of the top of the loaf and when it looks
nicely colored, I tip it from the pan and rap the bottom to test for
firmness and a hollowish sound. You can check it with a thermometer --
I think 185 is the 'done' temp for bread. Might want to check on that,
though.

*I like to preheat to 425 for oven spring, put the loaf in and reduce
the temp to 375.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-4-2006, Masa

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article .com>,
> "MrsD" > wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how to adjust temperature and time when baking yeast
>> breads (specifically wheat bread) in mini loaves instead of the regular
>> size? Thanks!

> I don't adjust the temperature. How large is a mini loaf? I typically
> bake my breads at about 375° for a lot less time than the recipes
> specify. * I watch the color of the top of the loaf and when it looks
> nicely colored, I tip it from the pan and rap the bottom to test for
> firmness and a hollowish sound. You can check it with a thermometer --
> I think 185 is the 'done' temp for bread. Might want to check on that,
> though.
>
> *I like to preheat to 425 for oven spring, put the loaf in and reduce
> the temp to 375.
> --
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-4-2006, Masa

I go to 202º - give or take a degree or two. (202 is an easy number to
remember for 200-205.)
If you are baking at 375 for 35-40 minutes for a regular loaf, try 25
minutes to start testing.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MrsD wrote:
> Does anyone know how to adjust temperature and time when baking yeast
> breads (specifically wheat bread) in mini loaves instead of the regular
> size? Thanks!

I made bread last week for the first time in ages. The recipe made 2
loaves. I split the dough in two and formed one half into a loaf pan
the way the book said. I took the rest and made it into a sort of sweet
roll that I call a snail with jam and raisins rolled up inside. I
didn't count, but I'd guess I made around 10. I put them in the same
oven, obviously at the same heat (350). I checked for browness before
taking them out. The loaf took around an hour. The snails took around
20 minutes.

Conclusion: Don't change the oven temperature. Do check the
mini-loaves frequently and take them out when they're done.

--Lia

Mini Loaves Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 27-11-2006 03:23 AM
Mini Meat Loaves [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-10-2006 05:15 PM
Bacon Wrapped Mini Meat Loaves Cathy Leslie Recipes (moderated) 0 16-07-2006 04:24 AM
Bacon Wrapped Mini Meat Loaves Cathy Leslie Recipes (moderated) 0 09-04-2006 05:45 PM
Mini Meat Loaves (2) Collection Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 24-03-2005 03:41 AM