Old 11-02-2019, 12:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Caraway rye with cinnamon

"Gary" wrote in message ...
Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not
have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!

Great that it worked out but you crack me up.
You've turned into Sheldon....making large navy batches of food.

It sounded weird to you yet you made 6 loaves?
Good darn thing that it actually turned out good.
Another factor is that *YOU* actually liked it. That's rare.

It still sounds a bit odd to me. I'll just keep on using plain
rye bread and if I want cinnamon on it, I'll add it to a toasted
piece.

Hey, I'm snowed in. I had nothing better to do. I also knew if we didn't
like it, his goats probably would.

Old 11-02-2019, 12:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message
Gary wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener. I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of
about 8-9 inches across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even
better! I would not have thought of that combination. Tastes like
something you might eat for breakfast. Yum!

Great that it worked out but you crack me up.
You've turned into Sheldon....making large navy batches of food.

It sounded weird to you yet you made 6 loaves?
Good darn thing that it actually turned out good.
Another factor is that YOU actually liked it. That's rare.

It still sounds a bit odd to me. I'll just keep on using plain
rye bread and if I want cinnamon on it, I'll add it to a toasted
piece.

That is a lot of bread for her family.

Angela and my friend love my bread so I often give them some. And my
gardener's GF loves it so much I have seen her take an entire loaf and start
munching away on it.

Old 11-02-2019, 01:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 13:32:33 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:55:39 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not
have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!

Ewwwww.

Aren't cinnamon buns big in the US? Why would cinnamon bread be so bad
then?

The only recipe that I found for cinnamon bread was a swirl one and it uses
eggs which I can't have. In looking at the various Swedish rye bread
recipes, many of them are very sweet and contain fruit and/or sweet type
spices. So this isn't so far off.

Old 11-02-2019, 01:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:00:01 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

The only recipe that I found for cinnamon bread was a swirl one and it uses
eggs which I can't have. In looking at the various Swedish rye bread
recipes, many of them are very sweet and contain fruit and/or sweet type
spices. So this isn't so far off.

Yours is very far off.

-sw
Old 11-02-2019, 01:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 13:37:16 -0600, cshenk wrote:

Gary wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener. I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of
about 8-9 inches across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even
better! I would not have thought of that combination. Tastes like
something you might eat for breakfast. Yum!

Great that it worked out but you crack me up.
You've turned into Sheldon....making large navy batches of food.

It sounded weird to you yet you made 6 loaves?
Good darn thing that it actually turned out good.
Another factor is that YOU actually liked it. That's rare.

It still sounds a bit odd to me. I'll just keep on using plain
rye bread and if I want cinnamon on it, I'll add it to a toasted
piece.

That is a lot of bread for her family.

Family? I suspect what she has now is some sort of cult
arrangement.

-sw

Old 11-02-2019, 05:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:00:01 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

The only recipe that I found for cinnamon bread was a swirl one and it
uses
eggs which I can't have. In looking at the various Swedish rye bread
recipes, many of them are very sweet and contain fruit and/or sweet type
spices. So this isn't so far off.

Yours is very far off.

No. Look here! Fruit AND cinnamon!

https://www.weekendbakery.com/posts/...o-kletzenbrot/

Old 11-02-2019, 05:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener. I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of
about 8-9 inches across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even
better! I would not have thought of that combination. Tastes like
something you might eat for breakfast. Yum!

Great that it worked out but you crack me up.
You've turned into Sheldon....making large navy batches of food.

It sounded weird to you yet you made 6 loaves?
Good darn thing that it actually turned out good.
Another factor is that YOU actually liked it. That's rare.

It still sounds a bit odd to me. I'll just keep on using plain
rye bread and if I want cinnamon on it, I'll add it to a toasted
piece.

That is a lot of bread for her family.

Family? I suspect what she has now is some sort of cult
arrangement.

Nope. My family here is me. But I do give bread to others. And this stuff
seems to freeze well.

Old 11-02-2019, 07:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 21:02:07 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:00:01 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

The only recipe that I found for cinnamon bread was a swirl one and it
uses
eggs which I can't have. In looking at the various Swedish rye bread
recipes, many of them are very sweet and contain fruit and/or sweet type
spices. So this isn't so far off.

Yours is very far off.

No. Look here! Fruit AND cinnamon!

https://www.weekendbakery.com/posts/...o-kletzenbrot/

yawn Where's the caraway in that recipe? And where's all the
fruit and nuts in your recipe?

Like I said - very different.

-sw
Old 11-02-2019, 07:59 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:00:01 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

The only recipe that I found for cinnamon bread was a swirl one and it
uses
eggs which I can't have. In looking at the various Swedish rye bread
recipes, many of them are very sweet and contain fruit and/or sweet
type
spices. So this isn't so far off.

Yours is very far off.

No. Look here! Fruit AND cinnamon!

https://www.weekendbakery.com/posts/...o-kletzenbrot/

yawn Where's the caraway in that recipe? And where's all the
fruit and nuts in your recipe?

Like I said - very different.

Like me! Huh? It's yummy. I can handle it!

Old 11-02-2019, 12:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:00:01 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

The only recipe that I found for cinnamon bread was a swirl one and it
uses
eggs which I can't have. In looking at the various Swedish rye bread
recipes, many of them are very sweet and contain fruit and/or sweet
type
spices. So this isn't so far off.

Yours is very far off.

No. Look here! Fruit AND cinnamon!

https://www.weekendbakery.com/posts/...o-kletzenbrot/

yawn Where's the caraway in that recipe? And where's all the
fruit and nuts in your recipe?

Like I said - very different.

Like me! Huh? It's yummy. I can handle it!

Lol...do you like all the "attention" Steve lavishes on you, Julie?

--
Cheers
Jack

Old 11-02-2019, 02:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

Nope. My family here is me. But I do give bread to others. And this stuff
seems to freeze well.

But...you have told us for years, Julie...you don't like frozen
bread.

Speaking of frozen bread. I bought a loaf of Nature's Own 5 grain
bread about 3-4 years ago. Seriously, that long ago. It was never
opened - went from the store to my freezer.

Well, I finally tried it a couple of weeks ago. Toasted it and it
was just as tasty as a fresh loaf.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 20:01:46 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:55:39 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9 inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not
have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!

Ewwwww.

Aren't cinnamon buns big in the US? Why would cinnamon bread be so bad
then?

==

Don't you see?? That doesn't matter! All that matters is that it is put
forward by someone you have to denigrate, no matter what they say!

Oh of course, I forgot!

==

;p

Old 11-02-2019, 06:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:55:39 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I made my usual recipe but put cinnamon in it at the request of my
gardener.
I used about a teaspoon for what made 6 round loaves of about 8-9
inches
across. Smelled fantastic as it baked. Tasted even better! I would not
have
thought of that combination. Tastes like something you might eat for
breakfast. Yum!

Ewwwww.

Aren't cinnamon buns big in the US? Why would cinnamon bread be so bad
then?

==

Don't you see?? That doesn't matter! All that matters is that it is
put
forward by someone you have to denigrate, no matter what they say!

Oh of course, I forgot!

Yoose need to start tying strings on yoose fingers to remember stuff.

And write down what each string is for?

---

Will you be able to play music on those strings?

Old 11-02-2019, 09:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 18:44:28 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Heh if I could, I would )

Caraway Rye Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 23 16-01-2019 05:05 PM
Caraway soup biig General Cooking 3 03-10-2005 01:25 PM
Baby Potatoes with Caraway Carrot Filling T & J Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 06-07-2005 03:44 AM
caraway or cumin Wazza Asian Cooking 21 15-04-2005 11:30 AM
Caraway seed substitue Doe John General Cooking 19 30-03-2004 01:33 AM