Old 10-01-2019, 11:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default egg cooker question

Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I purposely use the "Return"
key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I can't recall anyone else
ever complaining about line length in my posts.

N.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I purposely use the "Return"
key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I can't recall anyone else
ever complaining about line length in my posts.

N.

Don't worry about it. It's impossible to know what will set Popeye off.
You might have simply used the wrong brand of lawn mower blade or water
filter. Or (god forbid), he may have found that you have an inadequate
basement.

You snipped out everything the diminutive sailor wrote, but I imagine he
called yoose a liar and faggot? That's his standard insult.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:58:56 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I purposely use the "Return"
key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I can't recall anyone else
ever complaining about line length in my posts.

N.

I wouldn't worry about it. In the future, people who complain about you using a mobile device to post, will seem to be seriously tech-challenged, backwards, and over-the-hill. They are the children/disciples of Blinky the Shark. A true charlatan if there ever was one. He spoke and they believed. They believe to this day. They anxiously await the day when everybody sees things their way. It's kind of a sad thing to see.

Old 11-01-2019, 01:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 15:58:53 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
wrote:

Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I purposely use the "Return"
key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I can't recall anyone else
ever complaining about line length in my posts.

N.

If you'd quote I'd know what you're talking about, as it is I haven't
a clue. I've decided it's time I stopped replying to your posts.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
dsi1 wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it. In the future, people who complain about you using
a mobile device to post, will seem to be seriously tech-challenged,
backwards, and over-the-hill. They are the children/disciples of Blinky the
Shark. A true charlatan if there ever was one. He spoke and they believed.
They believe to this day. They anxiously await the day when everybody sees
things their way. It's kind of a sad thing to see.

What exactly did you have against Blinky? Did he disrespect you in a
web design group? He was a respected, erudite poster for the all too
brief time he was in RFC. He also shot fantastic food photos. But then
he should have. He was a professional Hollywood cameraman.
In what group did you bump into him? He certainly made a impression on
you.

[OBFood] Salisbury steak, Rice-A-Roni and canned green beans.

leo
Old 11-01-2019, 04:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default All this talk of eggs. - Was: egg cooker question

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:28:44 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:

At least there would be no food fight. At least not with the deviled
eggs. Maybe we could fling mashed potatoes or pork n beans.

Pork 'n Beans, they'd make a bigger, splattering mess than potatoes!

Old 11-01-2019, 05:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 18:04:45 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

In article ,
dsi1 wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it. In the future, people who complain about you using
a mobile device to post, will seem to be seriously tech-challenged,
backwards, and over-the-hill. They are the children/disciples of Blinky the
Shark. A true charlatan if there ever was one. He spoke and they believed.
They believe to this day. They anxiously await the day when everybody sees
things their way. It's kind of a sad thing to see.

What exactly did you have against Blinky? Did he disrespect you in a
web design group? He was a respected, erudite poster for the all too
brief time he was in RFC. He also shot fantastic food photos. But then
he should have. He was a professional Hollywood cameraman.
In what group did you bump into him? He certainly made a impression on
you.

Blinky wasn't as well respected as you think, at least in the group
I remember him (I think it was alt.usenet.readers and servers).
Though I didn't disagree with him on his opinion of Deja-Google, but
many of the 'facts' he presented were simply wrong and he refused to
acknowledge them.

Never saw any food photos. He never posted to alt.binaries.food
that I remember.

-sw
Old 11-01-2019, 06:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 4:04:52 PM UTC-10, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
In article ,
dsi1 wrote:

[...]

I had no contact with him that I can remember. The only thing I didn't care for was his "Killing all posts from Google Groups" bit. Lots of folks ate that up. His legacy is that people who use Google Groups get hassled for the dumbest things by people that know nothing about Google Groups. That is simply wrong. I saw none of his fantastic food photos. I would have liked to.. I like nice food photos.