Old 10-01-2019, 10:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default All this talk of eggs. - Was: egg cooker question

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 13:11:50 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:10:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 12:02:51 PM UTC-6, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

I never at devilled eggs except for my grandmother's, until I asked
her specifically why she put in the filling. After learning that I
made them for myself, and I was always tempted to eat a plate full.
:-)

I believe I could make an entire meal out of deviled eggs. L-O-V-E them.

I sometimes have deviled eggs as the protein part of a meal, but I always
have some crudites along with. It's scarcely a meal if it doesn't have
vegetables.

Yes, if I have a lunch or dinner without vegetables, I feel like a
child at a birthday party.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default egg cooker question

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 08:24:28 +1100, Bruce
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 15:14:43 -0600, Hank Rogers
wrote:

Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 15:41:40 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:12:18 -0800 (PST), dsi1
wrote:

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:02:47 AM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 8:22:32 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 12:26:29 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:

You have taken a position with no knowledg of the small appliance we are talking about, and
that position is one of ignorance about that appliance, and now are too stubborn to quit
and say you were mistaken. It's a sorry position.

I'm not mistaken at all. My mother used to have an egg cooker, as I
implied in a previous post. I had used it a couple times and was
glad when I accidentally dropped it on the floor and broke it. As
it wasn't taking up valuable counter space and I didn't have to drag
it out of the cupboard when she needed it. Using the egg cooker is
no more convenient than using a pan. And the pan is infinitely more
useful.

I think we can call this argument over, if not a truce.

-sw

I'll agree to a truce, with a couple final points: it takes a lot more water to boil eggs on top the stove, and a pot to do it with takes up more space in a cupboard than an egg cooker. Second, it takes a lot more energy to boil a pot of water than it does for a cooker to do its thing.

There, I'm finished. ;-)

N.

If you had an automatic rice cooker you could probably do the same thing. Use a steamer basket and the same amount of water. It is unfortunate that my daughter threw out my beautiful rice cooker else I would be steaming eggs at this very moment.

I much prefer an ordinary pot for cooking rice... and I can use the
same pot to boil eggs, and I do... that 2 qt Farberware pot is the
only pot that lives on my stove... that one pot is used to cook many
other things.

BTW, I can't only read a small portion of your's and nancy2's posts...
one day yoose may fix your word wrap... how ironic that yoose are
touting automatic cookery.

Wait until you see a post by Greg Morrow, where he quotes an entire
article with endless lines. Screen pollution.

It's probably yoose and Popeye's software. I don't have a problem
reading them. See if yoose can find a setting to wrap the lines instead
of having to rely on other people to compose just for yoose.

It's Google Group's fault. It uses a non standard line length, or no
line length at all, more likely.

I can press a key to make it wrap, so it doesn't run off the screen,
but you're still looking at lines that are the width of your entire
screen.

Which key?

It's essentially only those two whose tying goes off the screen, most
everyone else wraps perfectly.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

In Forte Agent it's the letter O key. It helps a bit when you're
reading their posts, but not when you're replying to them.

It's essentially only those two whose tying goes off the screen, most
everyone else wraps perfectly.

Yes, it's only the Google Groups users. Google Groups does a lot more
wrong.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Yoose are beginning to sound like yoose buddy Jill.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I purposely use the "Return"
key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I can't recall anyone else
ever complaining about line length in my posts.

N.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I purposely use the "Return"
key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I can't recall anyone else
ever complaining about line length in my posts.

N.

Don't worry about it. It's impossible to know what will set Popeye off.
You might have simply used the wrong brand of lawn mower blade or water
filter. Or (god forbid), he may have found that you have an inadequate
basement.

You snipped out everything the diminutive sailor wrote, but I imagine he
called yoose a liar and faggot? That's his standard insult.

Old 11-01-2019, 01:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:58:56 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I purposely use the "Return"
key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I can't recall anyone else
ever complaining about line length in my posts.

N.

I wouldn't worry about it. In the future, people who complain about you using a mobile device to post, will seem to be seriously tech-challenged, backwards, and over-the-hill. They are the children/disciples of Blinky the Shark. A true charlatan if there ever was one. He spoke and they believed. They believe to this day. They anxiously await the day when everybody sees things their way. It's kind of a sad thing to see.

Old 11-01-2019, 02:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 15:58:53 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
wrote:

Sheldon, I don't believe I have ever lied...not even to my kids. I purposely use the "Return"
key when I post, so on my iPad, it looks almost like a short line. I can't recall anyone else
ever complaining about line length in my posts.

N.

If you'd quote I'd know what you're talking about, as it is I haven't
a clue. I've decided it's time I stopped replying to your posts.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
dsi1 wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it. In the future, people who complain about you using
a mobile device to post, will seem to be seriously tech-challenged,
backwards, and over-the-hill. They are the children/disciples of Blinky the
Shark. A true charlatan if there ever was one. He spoke and they believed.
They believe to this day. They anxiously await the day when everybody sees
things their way. It's kind of a sad thing to see.

What exactly did you have against Blinky? Did he disrespect you in a
web design group? He was a respected, erudite poster for the all too
brief time he was in RFC. He also shot fantastic food photos. But then
he should have. He was a professional Hollywood cameraman.
In what group did you bump into him? He certainly made a impression on
you.

[OBFood] Salisbury steak, Rice-A-Roni and canned green beans.

leo