Old 04-01-2019, 04:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default egg cooker question

Fruitiest of Fruitcakes wrote:

I like mine scrambled - just; not hard and rubbery but the consistency of a
good risotto.

Same as I like scrambled eggs. Have to take it off the stove a
bit early since it keeps cooking for a bit.

Old 04-01-2019, 05:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 04 Jan 2019 10:50:03 -0500, Gary wrote:

dsi1 wrote:

I like my eggs at around 7 to 8 minutes. It's a little messy though.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...-z5MZiVe40ypeZ

YUM! Nicely semi-cooked egg plus everything else in that bowl.

You'd not think so when you find out that meat is boneless skinless
ferret.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 04 Jan 2019 11:27:02 -0500, Gary wrote:

Fruitiest of Fruitcakes wrote:

I like mine scrambled - just; not hard and rubbery but the consistency of a
good risotto.

Same as I like scrambled eggs. Have to take it off the stove a
bit early since it keeps cooking for a bit.

We like hard cooked sliced egg sandwiches, my wife often brings that
for school lunch, or I prepare potato fritattas for dinner. Very
occasionally we'll have over easys for dinner atop of hash, but very
rarely scrambled... we don't much care for scrambled, that's
flavorless hospital food. We also like hard cooked quartered eggs in
tossed salads. We tend to eat a lot of hard cooked eggs which is why
I'll typically cook the entire 18 egg carton. I don't have an
electric egg cooker becaue when I looked at them years ago at most
they'd cook six at a time... but I just looked at Amazon and now they
have electic egg cookers that can do 14 at a time, so I may rethink
this... but with an electric egg cooker you still need to peel them,
and so far I haven't read where anyone mentioned the peelability of
electric cooker eggs. The eggs I boil in a pot of water the way I do
them they practically peel themselves... I pierce the shell... really
just uses a lot of ice, I use two trays worth, 24 large cubes, not
those baby minis from ice makers.

As an aside I'd never want a fridge that makes ice; they all make mini
cubes and all ice maker ice SCHTINKS, literally, from whatever
schmelly food is in the fridge, ice absorbs odors rapidly, and no one
cleans their ice maker or its container for years, if ever, I do not
appreciate my Crystal Palace schtinkin' from garlicy pasta sauce
etc... in case yoose don't know bacteria, mold, and assorted germs
live and reproduce very nicely in temperatures well below freezing...
ice from ALL ice makers will make you sick, gauranteed! Especially
ice from restaurants, most expecially ice from fast food joints, and
hotel/motel ice machine bins are rife with feces from hordes of ass
wiping hands.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon, my post specifically mentioned how easy the cooker eggs are to peel because
The fat end is pierced before steaming in the cooker.

N.

Old 05-01-2019, 07:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 09:39:48 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
wrote:

Sheldon, my post specifically mentioned how easy the cooker eggs are to peel because
The fat end is pierced before steaming in the cooker.

N.

Thanks, I pierce the fat end of the ones I boil in a pot.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 21:07:10 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:

Sqwerzts, one uses a cooker so as not to spend time watching the
clock or setting a timer, etc.

You still have to set something on the cooker telling it how you
want your eggs cooked. So you still set a timer of some sort. if
it only does hard boiled, then its even more useless.

I gave up gadgets long ago. Actually, I never really started them.
I learned from my mother. I'd rather know how to cook using
universal equipment than being tied to some gadget that won't be
available in many situations.

-sw
Old 07-01-2019, 07:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 12:36:56 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 21:07:10 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:

Sqwerzts, one uses a cooker so as not to spend time watching the
clock or setting a timer, etc.

You still have to set something on the cooker telling it how you
want your eggs cooked. So you still set a timer of some sort. if
it only does hard boiled, then its even more useless.

I gave up gadgets long ago. Actually, I never really started them.
I learned from my mother. I'd rather know how to cook using
universal equipment than being tied to some gadget that won't be
available in many situations.

-sw

If you go back and look at my original post I only asked what size
eggs they used. I was curious about that because I had no idea how
they worked.
Janet US
Old 07-01-2019, 08:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 21:07:10 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:

Sqwerzts, one uses a cooker so as not to spend time watching the
clock or setting a timer, etc.

You still have to set something on the cooker telling it how you
want your eggs cooked. So you still set a timer of some sort. if
it only does hard boiled, then its even more useless.

I gave up gadgets long ago. Actually, I never really started them.
I learned from my mother. I'd rather know how to cook using
universal equipment than being tied to some gadget that won't be
available in many situations.

-sw

If you go back and look at my original post I only asked what size
eggs they used. I was curious about that because I had no idea how
they worked.
Janet US

That's idiocy... in a carton of a dozen large eggs all will be a
slightly different size/weight, no two will be exactly alike.
Each egg cooker will cook at slightly different times, even the same
brand and model... with a new appliance it's a no-brainer to
experiment... learning an egg cooker is no different from learning a
microwave oven. Times given in the users manual are at best
estimates. And your Voltage varies at different times during the day.
In some areas Voltage varies substantially. especially when everyone
is home preparing breakfast and again when people arrive home from
work and are turning on electric appliances. My APC battery back up
has a Voltage meter on at all times, Voltage will normally be 120
Volts but there are 5 Volt swings often, swings between 115 Volts and
125 Volts.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 21:07:10 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:

Sqwerzts, one uses a cooker so as not to spend time watching the
clock or setting a timer, etc.

You still have to set something on the cooker telling it how you
want your eggs cooked. So you still set a timer of some sort. if
it only does hard boiled, then its even more useless.

The included water measuring tube, which also has a pin to piece the
eggshell, has lines on it indicating how much water to add for
soft/hard eggs. Hasn't failed yet.

I gave up gadgets long ago. Actually, I never really started them.
I learned from my mother. I'd rather know how to cook using
universal equipment than being tied to some gadget that won't be
available in many situations.

Having a gadget does not mean one does not have skills to prepare
foods without it.. How many situations could I possibly be in where I
would want soft./hard boiled eggs, where my gadget won't be available?
Yikes, it is broken and Amazon will have me another one tomorrow? One
could say the same about a toaster.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

You forgot to mention how fast the earth spins where I live. If we
apply your logic, there is no point in sizing anything. After all,
not all size 10 men's shoes manufactured by the same manufacturer will
be the same size on any given day nor will they fit the same men the
same way every day.
Janet US
Old 08-01-2019, 03:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 21:07:10 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:

Sqwerzts, one uses a cooker so as not to spend time watching the
clock or setting a timer, etc.

You still have to set something on the cooker telling it how you
want your eggs cooked. So you still set a timer of some sort. if
it only does hard boiled, then its even more useless.

I gave up gadgets long ago. Actually, I never really started them.
I learned from my mother. I'd rather know how to cook using
universal equipment than being tied to some gadget that won't be
available in many situations.

If you go back and look at my original post I only asked what size
eggs they used. I was curious about that because I had no idea how
they worked.
Janet US

That's fine. I'm arguing with Nancy now. It's my duty to rid the
world of useless cooking gadgets (as I see them) ;-)

-sw
Old 08-01-2019, 03:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 21:07:10 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:

Sqwerzts, one uses a cooker so as not to spend time watching the
clock or setting a timer, etc.

You still have to set something on the cooker telling it how you
want your eggs cooked. So you still set a timer of some sort. if
it only does hard boiled, then its even more useless.

The included water measuring tube, which also has a pin to piece the
eggshell, has lines on it indicating how much water to add for
soft/hard eggs. Hasn't failed yet.

Ahh, yes, the "convenience" plot thickens.

I gave up gadgets long ago. Actually, I never really started them.
I learned from my mother. I'd rather know how to cook using
universal equipment than being tied to some gadget that won't be
available in many situations.

Having a gadget does not mean one does not have skills to prepare
foods without it.. How many situations could I possibly be in where I
would want soft./hard boiled eggs, where my gadget won't be available?
Yikes, it is broken and Amazon will have me another one tomorrow? One
could say the same about a toaster.

If you know how to make eggs on the stove then why are you buying
ANOTHER cooker in the first place? And paying extra for next day
shipping?

-sw
Old 08-01-2019, 04:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 21:07:10 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:

Sqwerzts, one uses a cooker so as not to spend time watching the
clock or setting a timer, etc.

You still have to set something on the cooker telling it how you
want your eggs cooked. So you still set a timer of some sort. if
it only does hard boiled, then its even more useless.

The included water measuring tube, which also has a pin to piece the
eggshell, has lines on it indicating how much water to add for
soft/hard eggs. Hasn't failed yet.

Ahh, yes, the "convenience" plot thickens.

Indoor plumbing can fit that category, too. You're being foolish.

I gave up gadgets long ago. Actually, I never really started them.
I learned from my mother. I'd rather know how to cook using
universal equipment than being tied to some gadget that won't be
available in many situations.

Having a gadget does not mean one does not have skills to prepare
foods without it.. How many situations could I possibly be in where I
would want soft./hard boiled eggs, where my gadget won't be available?
Yikes, it is broken and Amazon will have me another one tomorrow? One
could say the same about a toaster.

If you know how to make eggs on the stove then why are you buying
ANOTHER cooker in the first place? And paying extra for next day
shipping?

-sw

Perhaps I should buy all my household goods to match your preferences
and spend my money the way you want me to.

Oh, I beg your pardon. I didn't realize you were the ****ing king of
the universe. Sorry, you anal-retentive jerk, but I don't have any
interest in living my life to please you.