Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sharing with Amazon

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 14:10:16 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>I know a few people that have them and rarely use it. I don't get it.
>For two of us, it runs every other day. Everything comes out sparkling
>clean and it only takes 3 to 5 minutes to put it all away.
>
>Everything is sanitized too, a benefit during cold season.

We bought our first one when the kids were fairly young and we noticed
right away that various ailments did not necessarily do the rounds of
the household anymore, an individual could have something and the rest
of us not.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/29/2018 2:41 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-11-29 2:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 11/29/2018 1:29 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> Â*so I was immobile.Â* Guess who bought a dishwasher LOL
>>>
>>> I am using it a lot now though
>>>

>> I know a few people that have them and rarely use it.Â* I don't get it.
>> For two of us, it runs every other day.Â* Everything comes out
>> sparkling clean and it only takes 3 to 5 minutes to put it all away.
>>
>> Everything is sanitized too, a benefit during cold season.

> We have one but I very rarely use it. I find it easier to do the dishes
> by hand after each meal. I rinse them, wash them and put them in the
> rack to dry and it is a lot easier than loading and unloading the machine.

That's what I don't get. No need to rinse, just put them in the
machine. When full, push a button. No more putting away than you have
already. You save the washing time and the water.

I washed plenty of dishes growing up and no longer have to. If you're
happy, good for you, I like machines.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/29/2018 3:56 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "S Viemeister"Â* wrote in message ...

> My mother was an excellent baker, as was her mother.
>
> ==
>
> As were mineÂ* It just goes to show, when you look at their equipment
> ... they didn't need fancy ovens etc

Indeed. I love all my gadgets, but I can (and have) managed quite well
without them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

On 11/29/2018 1:29 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> wrote in message ...
>
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 17:38:51 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> wrote in message ...
>>
>> On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 16:46:57 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>> Very posh - a dishwasher, a washer-dryer, a fridge, and a freezer, too.
>>> Great-granny would be amazed if she could see her old home - there's
>>> indoor plumbing now, too...the first time I visited, there were chamber
>>> pots under each bed.
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> LOL ask me how I remember that)) Yes, I too would be absolutely
>>> amazed
>>> see all that in those days))

>> We had an ice-a-box too. We had no dishwasher, my mom never had a
>> dishwasher... that's why she had kids. lol
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Aye, ice box. It all went into the pantry and nothing like that was
>> stored.
>> It was all used up fast.
>>
>> Dishwasher?? That was me!

> The dishwasher is still me. We have a nice Maytag but it's very
> rarely used. I much prefer to wash the few dishes by hand and I wash
> everything I use as I cook. I never leave any unwashed things in the
> sink... a lot of folks do that but then their sink reminds me of an
> unflushed toilet.
>
> ==
>
> I never wanted one, but last year I had a bad fall and damaged my back so
> I was immobile. Guess who bought a dishwasher LOL
>
> I am using it a lot now though

I know a few people that have them and rarely use it. I don't get it.
For two of us, it runs every other day. Everything comes out sparkling
clean and it only takes 3 to 5 minutes to put it all away.

Everything is sanitized too, a benefit during cold season.

==

Well, as I get older, I am finding it very useful))

I think I might stick with it now

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

On 11/29/2018 3:56 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

> My mother was an excellent baker, as was her mother.
>
> ==
>
> As were mine It just goes to show, when you look at their equipment ...
> they didn't need fancy ovens etc

Indeed. I love all my gadgets, but I can (and have) managed quite well
without them.
==

Heck aye))

It is of great comfort that we can, but no reason not to use the fancy stuff
we have)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 10:49:19 AM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:

> With fireplaces and wood stoves most of the BTUs contained in wood
> goes right up the chimney.... they even suck the heated air from the
> rest of the house, only the area near the fireplase and woodstove get
> warm, usually too warm, and dry.

My parents bought the house I was raised in 1951, the year after a horribly
cold winter that older folks around here still talk about. The people who
lived in the house before my parents bought it said they used the 4 fire-
places to burn coal and they said they about froze that winter. My dad
immediately had a gas gravity furnace installed. The heating grate is in
the floor. All of the fireplace chimney were disabled.

However their bedroom face north and it was always cold in there and it had
a freestanding gas heating stove.

> With ventless gas heaters no heat goes up a chimney and no chimney
> cleaning... there is no chimney... they are 99% efficient and need no
> electricity. Some are utilitarian in appearance, some have an
> elaborate appearance. With my ventless gas heater I save substantial
> $$$ and requires no labor whatsoever:
> https://postimg.cc/62mvp4Ln
> Check them out:
> http://worldmkting.com/gas-appliances/ga-all/

I have gas central heat and a gas water heater and both are vented out
the one lone chimney I have. But the furnace does have an electronic
ignition so I'd be out of luck for heat if an ice storm takes down power
lines. I guess I could sleep in the kitchen with one of the gas burners
on the range on to knock off the chill. I don't even want to think about
that!!

> Some of my neighbors have an outside
> firepit that they like to sit around on a chilly evening for eating
> dinner, but it's more an outside campfire... however they cook dinner
> on the Weber.

I love those firepits! But dang it, if I sit outside and it's cold
enough to have a fire, I'm going inside where it's heated!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>

> I think it depends on the cost of wood where you are? My area might
> be cheaper and comes fully split (although we have a simple pneumatic
> splitter for the occasional 1/2 moon piece we want to size down a
> bit).
>
> The benefit of a largly hard wood area with lots of storm fall. I get
> it for a little less than 200$ a cord (all split nicely).
>
> ==
>
> We have gas central heating, but we do have 1 cord of logs and a wood
> burning stove for emergencies.
>
> You never know what what the future brings

Yup, same here but we use the fireplace to augment.

Tonight windchill (per radio) is 20F. Something like -6C would be
close. Due to a trip elsewhere, fireplace was lit off at 3pm so not
optimal (brick not radiating heat to the levels needed for much) but
HVAC only kicking in for a 5 min or so per hour.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-29 1:53 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/29/2018 2:41 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2018-11-29 2:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> On 11/29/2018 1:29 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>> Â*Â*so I was immobile.Â* Guess who bought a dishwasher LOL

>>> I know a few people that have them and rarely use it.Â* I don't get
>>> it. For two of us, it runs every other day.Â* Everything comes out
>>> sparkling clean and it only takes 3 to 5 minutes to put it all away.
>>>
>>> Everything is sanitized too, a benefit during cold season.

>> We have one but I very rarely use it. I find it easier to do the
>> dishes by hand after each meal. I rinse them, wash them and put them
>> in the rack to dry and it is a lot easier than loading and unloading
>> the machine.
>>

> That's what I don't get.Â* No need to rinse, just put them in the
> machine.Â* When full, push a button.Â* No more putting away than you have
> already.Â* You save the washing time and the water.
>
> I washed plenty of dishes growing up and no longer have to.Â* If you're
> happy, good for you, I like machines.

As do I! And if you have one, why not use it!
I live alone and use mine every 2-3 days.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:19:08 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-11-29 1:53 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> **so I was immobile.* Guess who bought a dishwasher LOL

>>> We have one but I very rarely use it. I find it easier to do the
>>> dishes by hand after each meal. I rinse them, wash them and put them
>>> in the rack to dry and it is a lot easier than loading and unloading
>>> the machine.
>>>

>> That's what I don't get.* No need to rinse, just put them in the
>> machine.* When full, push a button.* No more putting away than you have
>> already.* You save the washing time and the water.
>>
>> I washed plenty of dishes growing up and no longer have to.* If you're
>> happy, good for you, I like machines.

>As do I! And if you have one, why not use it!
>I live alone and use mine every 2-3 days.

Me too and it's eco friendly as all tests show a dishwasher does a
better job using far less water. Washing dishes is such a dumb job I
can't imagine having a machine and not using it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 4:44:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> Me too and it's eco friendly as all tests show a dishwasher does a
> better job using far less water. Washing dishes is such a dumb job I
> can't imagine having a machine and not using it!

Sniff-sniff, I just did a very small load of dishes by hand. The only dish
washer here are the ones hanging off the ends of my arms.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...EcXJfBAiPMs5HM

> > Some years here it is never cool enough for a fire. This year
> > however, we have had more than a few all ready, we bought a nice
> > truckload of seasoned oak and it is cut and stacked and right now a
> > nice fire is blazing away. Rosie

> We've had 2 already. We'd have had one today but too many plans
> involving getting pets to vet appointments and such. Tommorrow Don
> plans to light it off by 8am (maybe earlier) as it will be 22F
> (windchill) tonight. We are still running over 45F or so in the highs
> during the day.
>
> Would you or any others like the tips I have learned on how to
> effectively use a fireplace? I am sure others can add to it (thereby
> enhancing my knowledge too!).
>
> ==
>
> I would enjoy reading that, so please do?

Ok! No particular order here and some is opinion

I'm talking fireplaces only, there is a large diiference with wood
stoves not considered here.

Placement/Design- It won't work too well if the house isn't a fairly
'open design'. My friend Susan for example has one in her dining room.
The dining room is open to the kitchen but that's it. Since that isn't
a central living space for them, they would have safety issues with a
fireplace in a room only occupied sporadically as she cooks and the
heat can't effectively reach the primary spaces. Basically 'no gain'.
If the house isnt designed right to take advantage of it, then skip it.
- My livingroom is where the fireplace is and that is the primary
living space. It's open to the kitchen and a direct shot to the hall
where the bedrooms are (they will be chilly if only using fireplace the
few times we have needed to do that but not too horrible).

Real heat factor- It's really the hot bricks radiating that add true
heat. The brickwork should extend quite a bit about the sides and top.
(Reminder to self, snap a picture of mine). It takes several hours to
have the bricks truely warm so that is why you saw me mention lighting
one off at 8am. The temp was just barely 32F then and the high of 42
was nice for that 1 hour (grin). That takes a few hours to develop but
also takes several to radiate out competely so when you let it die out
to go to bed, you will have residual heat of varying levels for as much
as 7 hours (not much for the last 3 but gives you a start on reheating
in the morning)
- Backsplash - Classic is often Cast Iron which is placed at the back
and can often be angled a bit to maximize heat relection. I actually
use a cheap one off Amazon that is a 3 sided shiny metal and it makes a
huge difference
- Forced air pumps (electric) into the room. I do not like them. When
we got the house we had to repair a section of missing brick where one
was and all it did in the end was cause a spark safety issue from our
stance. Effective looking though are the simple tubular log holders
that use no power but gently blow hot air back into the room (I do not
have one).

Laying the fire- First you need to experiment with your own draw up the
flu. In my case I need to set a fire in the grate fairly towards the
back wall or we get a lot of smoke in the room. We also know what
damper setting is just right for us based on flu draw. We have 5
settings on our damper (other than completely closed). 3 is just right
for us here. This skill set will vary with the winds and such of your
own design but until you get it right, you will find getting a fire to
start and then maintain with little bother, to be tricky.
- Start with smaller 1/4 cut pieces and so there is a little air space
between them with the top ones 'angled across a bit' so you don't block
that airflow off.
- Underneath on the brick, we use a small bit of firestarter and any
remaining coals from the previous fire. (here, some will still be
cherry red next morning). Add kindling at the bottom on top of those
coal bits and below the grate.
- Once well established and ready to add more logs, add 2 medium ones
then when the next set comes in, a banking log (as we call it) is in
order. Thats a larger 1/2 moon cut. From then on, you will somewhat
alternate between the bigger and smaller cuts you have.

Safety first- Have a good fire screen. Mine is on feet and flush to
the wall. The 'feet' are solid metal flat to the brick infront of the
fireplace so it can't fall over. It's fine holed enough to let heat
through but not sparks. We also have a fire resistant matt on the
floor before it that is 1 foot past each side of the actual fireplace
opening and 2feet deep.
- When shoveling out the 'ash' *never* assume all is 'dead'. We use a
bucket partly filed with water incase we catch a 'live cherry coal' in
there and didn't realize it. (obviously if a week later with no fire,
not an issue).

Anyways, that's all I am thinking of right now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
> >
> > Would you or any others like the tips I have learned on how to
> > effectively use a fireplace? I am sure others can add to it
> > (thereby enhancing my knowledge too!).

> I know one very good tip but I'd like to hear what you have to
> say.

Smile, let it fire!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Monday, November 26, 2018 at 7:04:23 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> > Terry Coombs wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...EcXJfBAiPMs5HM

> > > Â* I'm guessing y'all heat with wood ... how many cords per year do
> > > you burn ?

> > We augment the HVAC with a fireplace and that picture shows about 2
> > cords (maybe 2.5) of wood. We burn from 1/2-1 cord a year (depends
> > on the cold that year). Last year due to Don's hernia issues, we
> > used less but the temps here are quite variable so that happens.
> >
> > Once the highs hit mid-40's we start the fireplace off. Give it 2
> > more weeks or so here? Then we kick it off in the morning by 9am
> > and bank it by 9pm. The HVAC under those conditions kicks in
> > randomly at 35F outside but only regular at 20F. Runs about 150$ a
> > month savings at least, after paying for the wood.
> >
> > In my area we have 'heat pumps' so they lack efficiency of the true
> > cold weather systems. Noted is you need a home layout that takes
> > proper use of a fireplace. Open to heat much of the house.
> > Carol

> The first time I saw a wood burning stove in use was at my
> brother-in-law's place in Washington State. It was interesting to see
> a stove that wasn't used to cook food. That was a new concept. I even
> got a chance to wear long johns and chop wood. Whoa Nellie! As an
> added bonus, I love fire and would watch the fire through the glass
> for extended periods. My in-laws must have thought I was retarded.
> Perhaps I am. Ynuck, ynuck.

Grin, my other post is all on fireplaces. Wood stoves are neat too
though. If I didnt need 3-4ft clearance (I think it's a code spec
issue but you do need quite a bit for basic safety anyways), I'd be
looking into putting one in my converted garage (where I can make space
if I want to) and my back sunroom (which is too small to make that much
space).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 14:55:14 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 4:44:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> Me too and it's eco friendly as all tests show a dishwasher does a
>> better job using far less water. Washing dishes is such a dumb job I
>> can't imagine having a machine and not using it!
>>

>Sniff-sniff, I just did a very small load of dishes by hand. The only dish
>washer here are the ones hanging off the ends of my arms.

My friend has a small dishwasher, half the size of mine if there is
only you. However, I'm on my own and like Graham I keep putting the
dishes in and every 2-3 days the Fairy Godmother does all the dishes.
I've often thought I would part with the clothes washer before the
dishwasher.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/29/2018 6:44 PM, cshenk wrote:

> Safety first- Have a good fire screen. Mine is on feet and flush to
> the wall. The 'feet' are solid metal flat to the brick infront of the
> fireplace so it can't fall over. It's fine holed enough to let heat
> through but not sparks. We also have a fire resistant matt on the
> floor before it that is 1 foot past each side of the actual fireplace
> opening and 2feet deep.
> - When shoveling out the 'ash' *never* assume all is 'dead'. We use a
> bucket partly filed with water incase we catch a 'live cherry coal' in
> there and didn't realize it. (obviously if a week later with no fire,
> not an issue).
>
> Anyways, that's all I am thinking of right now.

Adding to the safety, everyone, burning a fire or not, should have a
fire extinguisher handy too.

I used a small metal can with lid for ashes. Amazing how long they can
smolder so I'd only dump the can after it sat for a week. They are good
for the garden though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> As were mine It just goes to show, when you look at their equipment ...
> they didn't need fancy ovens etc

Sure, it can be done, and was done, but it's really nice to have the modern
gadgets to make it easier.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:53:11 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 11/29/2018 2:41 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2018-11-29 2:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> On 11/29/2018 1:29 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>> *so I was immobile.* Guess who bought a dishwasher LOL

>>> I know a few people that have them and rarely use it.* I don't get it.
>>> For two of us, it runs every other day.* Everything comes out
>>> sparkling clean and it only takes 3 to 5 minutes to put it all away.
>>>
>>> Everything is sanitized too, a benefit during cold season.

>> We have one but I very rarely use it. I find it easier to do the dishes
>> by hand after each meal. I rinse them, wash them and put them in the
>> rack to dry and it is a lot easier than loading and unloading the machine.
>>

>That's what I don't get. No need to rinse, just put them in the
>machine. When full, push a button. No more putting away than you have
>already. You save the washing time and the water.
>
>I washed plenty of dishes growing up and no longer have to. If you're
>happy, good for you, I like machines.

A dishwasher is fine if you're too lazy to wash dishes by hand but
they are no cleaner, dishwashers do not sterilize and unless where you
store your dishes is at laboratory cleanroom conditions you are
fooling yourself.
The only time we use the dishwasher is when we have company and there
are lots of dishes. For just the two of us it's just silly to run the
dishwasher for two plates, two glasses, and two knives, forks,
and spoons. Takes me less than ten minutes to wash our dishes and
clean the kitchen, I wash all the cat food bowls by hand too, several
times a day... if they were put into the dishwasher it would stink
like cat food. And I wash all cookware by hand too, dishwashing
compound ruins cook/bake ware and especially cutlery. The only thing
I've found dishwashers do well is to wash plastic food storage
containers, so I wait until I have a washer load to run the dish
washer... other than for company dishes that's the only time we run
the machine. And we have a top of the line Maytag but rarely use it.
If we had a large family with like three kids plus their friends we'd
use the dishwasher often, but for just two normal adults it's
absolutely inane/insane to use a dishwasher every day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:19:08 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-11-29 1:53 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> **so I was immobile.* Guess who bought a dishwasher LOL

>>> We have one but I very rarely use it. I find it easier to do the
>>> dishes by hand after each meal. I rinse them, wash them and put them
>>> in the rack to dry and it is a lot easier than loading and unloading
>>> the machine.
>>>

>> That's what I don't get.* No need to rinse, just put them in the
>> machine.* When full, push a button.* No more putting away than you have
>> already.* You save the washing time and the water.
>>
>> I washed plenty of dishes growing up and no longer have to.* If you're
>> happy, good for you, I like machines.

>As do I! And if you have one, why not use it!
>I live alone and use mine every 2-3 days.

You must be a lazy useless ******* that you can't clean up after
yourself each day... WTF wipes your butt....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 18:43:38 -0400, wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:19:08 -0700, graham > wrote:

>>> That's what I don't get.* No need to rinse, just put them in the
>>> machine.* When full, push a button.* No more putting away than you have
>>> already.* You save the washing time and the water.
>>>
>>> I washed plenty of dishes growing up and no longer have to.* If you're
>>> happy, good for you, I like machines.

>>As do I! And if you have one, why not use it!
>>I live alone and use mine every 2-3 days.

>Me too and it's eco friendly as all tests show a dishwasher does a
>better job using far less water. Washing dishes is such a dumb job I
>can't imagine having a machine and not using it!

That's because you are dumber than the machine... and lazier than the
laziest dumb ****.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 21:12:08 -0500, wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:19:08 -0700, graham > wrote:

>>> That's what I don't get.* No need to rinse, just put them in the
>>> machine.* When full, push a button.* No more putting away than you have
>>> already.* You save the washing time and the water.
>>>
>>> I washed plenty of dishes growing up and no longer have to.* If you're
>>> happy, good for you, I like machines.

>>As do I! And if you have one, why not use it!
>>I live alone and use mine every 2-3 days.

>You must be a lazy useless ******* that you can't clean up after
>yourself each day... WTF wipes your butt....

Maybe he's not an OCD patient like you. Some people have better things
to do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/29/2018 9:09 PM, wrote:

but for just two normal adults it's
> absolutely inane/insane to use a dishwasher every day.

Yes, it is. That's why we run it every second or third day when it is
full. We have more than two of everything.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 14:55:14 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 4:44:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> Me too and it's eco friendly as all tests show a dishwasher does a
>> better job using far less water. Washing dishes is such a dumb job I
>> can't imagine having a machine and not using it!
>>

>Sniff-sniff, I just did a very small load of dishes by hand. The only dish
>washer here are the ones hanging off the ends of my arms.

Me to, takes but five minures to wash dishes for two.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 21:09:15 -0500, wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:53:11 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> *so I was immobile.* Guess who bought a dishwasher LOL

>>> We have one but I very rarely use it. I find it easier to do the dishes
>>> by hand after each meal. I rinse them, wash them and put them in the
>>> rack to dry and it is a lot easier than loading and unloading the machine.
>>>

>>That's what I don't get. No need to rinse, just put them in the
>>machine. When full, push a button. No more putting away than you have
>>already. You save the washing time and the water.
>>
>>I washed plenty of dishes growing up and no longer have to. If you're
>>happy, good for you, I like machines.

>A dishwasher is fine if you're too lazy to wash dishes by hand but
>they are no cleaner, dishwashers do not sterilize and unless where you
>store your dishes is at laboratory cleanroom conditions you are
>fooling yourself.

Are you saying you don't have a laboratory cleanroom in your house? In
what kind of barbaric conditions do you live? Do you even have a
toilet or do you just drop it where you happen to be?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 21:22:25 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
>
>On 11/29/2018 1:29 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> wrote in message ...
>>
>> On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 17:38:51 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> wrote in message ...

>>> We had an ice-a-box too. We had no dishwasher, my mom never had a
>>> dishwasher... that's why she had kids. lol
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Aye, ice box. It all went into the pantry and nothing like that was
>>> stored.
>>> It was all used up fast.
>>>
>>> Dishwasher?? That was me!

>> The dishwasher is still me. We have a nice Maytag but it's very
>> rarely used. I much prefer to wash the few dishes by hand and I wash
>> everything I use as I cook. I never leave any unwashed things in the
>> sink... a lot of folks do that but then their sink reminds me of an
>> unflushed toilet.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I never wanted one, but last year I had a bad fall and damaged my back so
>> I was immobile. Guess who bought a dishwasher LOL
>>
>> I am using it a lot now though
>>

>I know a few people that have them and rarely use it. I don't get it.
>For two of us, it runs every other day. Everything comes out sparkling
>clean and it only takes 3 to 5 minutes to put it all away.
>
>Everything is sanitized too, a benefit during cold season.

Dishwashers do NOT sanitize... and if you store your dishes in an
ordinary cupboard they are not sanitized... your kitchen is NOT a
laboratory clean room. No one eats from sterile dishes except me when
I eat from paper plates... paper plates are sterile.

>==
>
>Well, as I get older, I am finding it very useful))
>
>I think I might stick with it now

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/29/2018 9:28 PM, wrote:

> Dishwashers do NOT sanitize... and if you store your dishes in an
> ordinary cupboard they are not sanitized... your kitchen is NOT a
> laboratory clean room. No one eats from sterile dishes except me when
> I eat from paper plates... paper plates are sterile.

Actually, most do
https://products.geappliances.com/ap...ontentId=18253

Once you open that package of paper plates they are no cleaner than the
newspaper sitting out on the porch in the morning.
What chemicals are in paper plates?
Toxins and chemicals do exist in paper plates, such as volatile organic
compounds (VOCs), polystyrene and dioxin.

https://healthyliving.azcentral.com/...-12348212.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> As do I! And if you have one, why not use it!
>>> I live alone and use mine every 2-3 days.

>> Me too and it's eco friendly as all tests show a dishwasher does a
>> better job using far less water. Washing dishes is such a dumb job I
>> can't imagine having a machine and not using it!

> That's because you are dumber than the machine... and lazier than the
> laziest dumb ****.

Popeye, yoose forgot to call her *LIAR*, *Faggot* and a hundred other
epithets.

Yoose are a low down sorry SOB.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:19:08 -0700, graham > wrote:

>>> That's what I don't get. No need to rinse, just put them in the
>>> machine. When full, push a button. No more putting away than you have
>>> already. You save the washing time and the water.
>>>
>>> I washed plenty of dishes growing up and no longer have to. If you're
>>> happy, good for you, I like machines.

>> As do I! And if you have one, why not use it!
>> I live alone and use mine every 2-3 days.

> You must be a lazy useless ******* that you can't clean up after
> yourself each day... WTF wipes your butt....

Dat ole mexican woman dat yoose screws?

She gnaws on his saw-seege too Popeye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 21:22:25 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
>>
>> On 11/29/2018 1:29 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> wrote in message ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=L0x6sxgRbO0

>>> The dishwasher is still me. We have a nice Maytag but it's very
>>> rarely used. I much prefer to wash the few dishes by hand and I wash
>>> everything I use as I cook. I never leave any unwashed things in the
>>> sink... a lot of folks do that but then their sink reminds me of an
>>> unflushed toilet.
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> I never wanted one, but last year I had a bad fall and damaged my back so
>>> I was immobile. Guess who bought a dishwasher LOL
>>>
>>> I am using it a lot now though
>>>

>> I know a few people that have them and rarely use it. I don't get it.
>> For two of us, it runs every other day. Everything comes out sparkling
>> clean and it only takes 3 to 5 minutes to put it all away.
>>
>> Everything is sanitized too, a benefit during cold season.

> Dishwashers do NOT sanitize... and if you store your dishes in an
> ordinary cupboard they are not sanitized... your kitchen is NOT a
> laboratory clean room. No one eats from sterile dishes except me when
> I eat from paper plates... paper plates are sterile.

Popeye, if yoose sorry ass tried to wash yoose paper plates in da
dishwasher, dat sho nuff explains why yoose don't like dem dishwashers.

Jes get dat ole mexican woman to wash yoose paper plates.

For another few pesos, she might clean yoose nasty old knob too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/29/2018 9:28 PM, wrote:
>

>> Dishwashers do NOT sanitize... and if you store your dishes in an
>> ordinary cupboard they are not sanitized... your kitchen is NOT a
>> laboratory clean room. No one eats from sterile dishes except me when
>> I eat from paper plates... paper plates are sterile.
>>

> Actually, most do

https://products.geappliances.com/ap...ontentId=18253

> Once you open that package of paper plates they are no cleaner than the
> newspaper sitting out on the porch in the morning.
> What chemicals are in paper plates?
> Toxins and chemicals do exist in paper plates, such as volatile organic
> compounds (VOCs), polystyrene and dioxin.
>
> https://healthyliving.azcentral.com/...-12348212.html

Yoose have to buy the brand with a sailor's pic on the package (Popeye
approved).

They are sterile and approved for use in operating rooms.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29 Nov 2018, Ed Pawlowski wrote
(in article >):

> On 11/29/2018 2:41 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2018-11-29 2:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> > > On 11/29/2018 1:29 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> > so I was immobile. Guess who bought a dishwasher LOL

> > > I know a few people that have them and rarely use it. I don't get it.
> > > For two of us, it runs every other day. Everything comes out
> > > sparkling clean and it only takes 3 to 5 minutes to put it all away.
> > >
> > > Everything is sanitized too, a benefit during cold season.

> > We have one but I very rarely use it. I find it easier to do the dishes
> > by hand after each meal. I rinse them, wash them and put them in the
> > rack to dry and it is a lot easier than loading and unloading the machine.

> That's what I don't get. No need to rinse, just put them in the
> machine. When full, push a button. No more putting away than you have
> already. You save the washing time and the water.
>
> I washed plenty of dishes growing up and no longer have to. If you're
> happy, good for you, I like machines.

Same here.

I love our dishwasher. The only source of friction comes because my wife has
made up certain rules about how neatly the dishes should be stacked before it
is switched on.

She is a Capricorn you see and her life is ordered.

I dont care about the neatness, I just put everything in there in a random
fashion - because I am Pisces and life is too short to worry about order in a
dishwasher.

The Fruity household can often be a place of highly polarised views.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 9:28:47 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Dishwashers do NOT sanitize... and if you store your dishes in an
> ordinary cupboard they are not sanitized... your kitchen is NOT a
> laboratory clean room. No one eats from sterile dishes except me when
> I eat from paper plates... paper plates are sterile.

Why, Sheldon! I would have expected an experienced food service
professional like you would know the difference between sanitize
and sterilize:

<https://www.foodprocessing.com/articles/2010/007/>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 5:47:44 AM UTC-5, Fruitiest of Fruitcakes wrote:
> On 29 Nov 2018, Ed Pawlowski wrote
> (in article >):

> > > so I was immobile. Guess who bought a dishwasher LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> As were mine It just goes to show, when you look at their equipment ...
> they didn't need fancy ovens etc

Sure, it can be done, and was done, but it's really nice to have the modern
gadgets to make it easier.

Cheri

==

Ain't That The Truth!!!! I wouldn't want to go back to those days, but we
did it)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Fruitiest of Fruitcakes" wrote in message
news.com...

On 29 Nov 2018, Ed Pawlowski wrote
(in article >):

> On 11/29/2018 2:41 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2018-11-29 2:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> > > On 11/29/2018 1:29 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> > so I was immobile. Guess who bought a dishwasher LOL

> > > I know a few people that have them and rarely use it. I don't get it.
> > > For two of us, it runs every other day. Everything comes out
> > > sparkling clean and it only takes 3 to 5 minutes to put it all away.
> > >
> > > Everything is sanitized too, a benefit during cold season.

> > We have one but I very rarely use it. I find it easier to do the dishes
> > by hand after each meal. I rinse them, wash them and put them in the
> > rack to dry and it is a lot easier than loading and unloading the
> > machine.

> That's what I don't get. No need to rinse, just put them in the
> machine. When full, push a button. No more putting away than you have
> already. You save the washing time and the water.
>
> I washed plenty of dishes growing up and no longer have to. If you're
> happy, good for you, I like machines.

Same here.

I love our dishwasher. The only source of friction comes because my wife has
made up certain rules about how neatly the dishes should be stacked before
it
is switched on.

She is a Capricorn you see and her life is ordered.

I dont care about the neatness, I just put everything in there in a random
fashion - because I am Pisces and life is too short to worry about order in
dishwasher.

The Fruity household can often be a place of highly polarised views.
==

Oh I like all mine in straight too)) I am not any kind of neatness fanatic
but I think they fit better!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>As do I! And if you have one, why not use it!
>>>I live alone and use mine every 2-3 days.

>>Me too and it's eco friendly as all tests show a dishwasher does a
>>better job using far less water. Washing dishes is such a dumb job I
>>can't imagine having a machine and not using it!

>That's because you are dumber than the machine... and lazier than the
>laziest dumb ****.

Why don't you try something other than Crystal Palace? It might make
you look less crass.