Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Sharing - Fun With Labels

I've been doing this wine thing for about five months now, and it's been a
lot of fun.
I thought I'd share some of my experiences with labels for my wine.

After about six iterations of label designs I hit upon the idea of using
labels
featuring Maine animals. I designed a general format to use for all the
labels
so now I have an "identity" for all my wines.
So far I have designed labels for the following:
Black Bear Cabernet
Lonely Loon Pinot Grigio
Plump Puffin Port
Laughing Lobster Gewurztraminer
and my favorite...
Morose Moose Merlot

I designed the labels using MS Publisher and discovered that four labels
on an 8.5x11 page work perfectly. Each of the four fits very well on a
750ml bottle.
I also discovered that ink jet ink runs when a bottle sweats after removing
it from
a refrigerator. So now I put the labels on my flash memory, take it down to
Staples,
and have them print it on their color laserjet. It works out to about 10
cents/label
and it the labels don't run when the bottle sweats.

I'd certainly be happy to e-mail an MS Publisher file of a label as a sample
to anyone who is interested in designing their own.

--
Bob Becker

www.becker.org

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I would appreciate that... This e-mail address works but it will send
you back an e-mail saying I must approve acceptance. Don't let that
bother you.. It is just a spam filter.

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:30:06 -0400, "Bob Becker" >
wrote:

>I've been doing this wine thing for about five months now, and it's been a
>lot of fun.
>I thought I'd share some of my experiences with labels for my wine.
>
>After about six iterations of label designs I hit upon the idea of using
>labels
>featuring Maine animals. I designed a general format to use for all the
>labels
>so now I have an "identity" for all my wines.
>So far I have designed labels for the following:
>Black Bear Cabernet
>Lonely Loon Pinot Grigio
>Plump Puffin Port
>Laughing Lobster Gewurztraminer
>and my favorite...
>Morose Moose Merlot
>
>I designed the labels using MS Publisher and discovered that four labels
>on an 8.5x11 page work perfectly. Each of the four fits very well on a
>750ml bottle.
>I also discovered that ink jet ink runs when a bottle sweats after removing
>it from
>a refrigerator. So now I put the labels on my flash memory, take it down to
>Staples,
>and have them print it on their color laserjet. It works out to about 10
>cents/label
>and it the labels don't run when the bottle sweats.
>
>I'd certainly be happy to e-mail an MS Publisher file of a label as a sample
>to anyone who is interested in designing their own.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"A. J. Rawls" > wrote in message
>I would appreciate that... This e-mail address works but it will send
> you back an e-mail saying I must approve acceptance. Don't let that
> bother you.. It is just a spam filter.

Nope. I can't even get through your ISP.
It doesn't recognize you.
Very effective spam filter... :-)

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Oops...

Please try again.. I had t fix the e-mail address

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:21:47 -0400, "Bob Becker" >
wrote:

>"A. J. Rawls" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I would appreciate that... This e-mail address works but it will send
>> you back an e-mail saying I must approve acceptance. Don't let that
>> bother you.. It is just a spam filter.

>Nope. I can't even get through your ISP.
>It doesn't recognize you.
>Very effective spam filter... :-)

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Thank you... the sample you sent is superb.

A. J. Rawls
Anchorage Alaska, USA

wrote:

>"A. J. Rawls" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I would appreciate that... This e-mail address works but it will send
>> you back an e-mail saying I must approve acceptance. Don't let that
>> bother you.. It is just a spam filter.

>Nope. I can't even get through your ISP.
>It doesn't recognize you.
>Very effective spam filter... :-)

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I have found that a coat of "clear" spray paint will stop this from
happening. I am using "Creating Keepsakes" software from Borderbound as my
lable maker. it seems to work out pretty well.

> I also discovered that ink jet ink runs when a bottle sweats after
> removing it from
> a refrigerator. So now I put the labels on my flash memory, take it down
> to Staples,
> and have them print it on their color laserjet. It works out to about 10
> cents/label
> and it the labels don't run when the bottle sweats.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Hi,

Can you please send me your sample label file? I'm trying to do this
myself & it would help to have an example.

Regards,

Jumbalaya