Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Millennials are disrupting Thanksgiving with their tiny turkeys

On 2018-11-21 1:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> True, but eithee they changed or I did.Â* Going back many years we used
> to watch SNL but both me and the show have evolved and there seems to be
> little humor.

They used to have short, funny skits. One of the reasons I can't stomach
the show anymore is that they skits are so long and just don't get funny
at all.

>Â* I do like the Weekend Update though.

I used to love that segment in the early years, especially with Jane
Curtin and Dan Akroyd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c91XUyg9iWM

While looking for
> that portion, I happened to see the Amazon logo and stopped to see what
> it was about.Â* I thought it a funny segment.

> Trump has bashed Bezos for months.Â* Nice that this could give a little
> ribbing back to him.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 20:20:57 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Brice" wrote in message ...
>
>On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 18:41:35 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Brice" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 18:25:59 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>>
>>>"Brice" wrote in message

>>>Is it Pamela Anderson?
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>Is that his name? ;p

>>Or Pamela Ewing?
>>
>>=
>>
>>How about Archibald or Rupert?

>Sure, he'll have to admit he's a man.
>
>==
>
>Huh I won't hold my breath. Now, if you don't mind, I have no interest in
>him. OK?

Ok.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 17:45:14 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>>LOL it's okay. Someone must be incredibly bored to bother forging
>>>posts.
>>>
>>>Jill
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>Oh I think we know who is doing it. Not sure why he is picking on
>>>you. Did you have words?

>> Is it Pamela Anderson?

>If you mean me, the answer is no.

Ok.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>>>True, but eithee they changed or I did. Going back many years we used
>>>to watch SNL but both me and the show have evolved and there seems to
>>>be little humor. I do like the Weekend Update though. While looking
>>>for that portion, I happened to see the Amazon logo and stopped to see
>>>what it was about. I thought it a funny segment.
>>>
>>>Trump has bashed Bezos for months. Nice that this could give a little
>>>ribbing back to him.

>> I've never seen SNL, actually.

>It's a satirical sketch show. Has some good moments if it's your taste.
>Some clips are on Youtube. Trump seems to be an avid viewer.

I know. I've seen tidbits, but never a whole show.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...n_caravan.html

>> ======
>>
>> I don't care for JB or his cheap shot politics at all, but I do like
>> Amazon.
>>
>> Cheri

>I've not watched SNL for years but I happened to see this in passing. I
>thought it was the funniest thing they've done in years.

That's a strange statement when you haven't watched it for years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/19/o...-midterms.html

>>Fake news!

>Only if you think the NY Times is fake news

No, but it's what Trump and his supporters would probably say.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 18:08:00 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-11-21 3:46 PM, Pamela wrote:
>> On 23:37 19 Nov 2018, Dave Smith > wrote in
>> :

>>> Curiously, you were upset with me because I was not thrilled with
>>> bringing in thousands and thousands of refugees from the middle east,
>>> but there have already been a number of serious assaults and murders
>>> committed by some of them. For instance, there was the case of an honour
>>> <?>killing that resulted in the murder of four Afghan women.

>> Even without any assaults, you still wouldn't really want immigrants from
>> an alien culture who follow a religion prone to fanaticism. Why can't
>> Saudi Arabia take them in?

>It should be noted that some of those seeking refugees are from the same
>groups that are causing problems. Having helped to destroy their own
>country, they are now seeking refuge in the West. One might expect that
>other Muslim countries would be happy to open their doors to fellow
>Muslims in need.

Syria was destroyed by Hassad, with help from Putin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Even without any assaults, you still wouldn't really want immigrants from
>>> an alien culture who follow a religion prone to fanaticism. Why can't
>>> Saudi Arabia take them in?

>> It should be noted that some of those seeking refugees are from the same
>> groups that are causing problems. Having helped to destroy their own
>> country, they are now seeking refuge in the West. One might expect that
>> other Muslim countries would be happy to open their doors to fellow
>> Muslims in need.

> Syria was destroyed by Hassad, with help from Putin.

The conflict in Syria is bigger than just Syria. It arose as part of the
Arab Spring. Part of the opposition that rose up against Hassad's
government were Sunni groups, Kurds and Islamist groups.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/21/2018 1:48 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Brice" > wrote in message

>>> I've tried to watch SNL but too often can't understand why the audience
>>> is laughing.

>> It's called humour. You can't see it, but it exists!

> Different folks certainly have different ideas of what humor is or
> isn't, I've not really found SNL funny, but dh does.
>
> Cheri

SNL was funny when it first aired in the 70's and had to be shown at
midnight for fear of offending anyone.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 11/19/2018 2:19 PM, Cheri wrote:

> > > I'm not a football fan but it sure sounds like a good opportunity
> > > to bake brie in a bread boule again.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > I don't know what I can make, I pulled something on the back of my
> > upper leg last night when trying to lift the dog, it made a loud
> > pop and a crunch sound. I could hardly walk afterward due to pain,
> > so am on crutches for now. Sounds like a Papa Murphy Pizza for
> > Thanksgiving. I made a list for dh to shop for, he's there now,
> > but he doesn't usually shop or cook, so we'll see.
> >
> > Cheri

> Oh, ouch! Sorry to hear it.
>
> Jill

Good luck too from me! Folks starting to arrive here so a fast check
of messages then out for 2-3 hours.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Gary wrote:
>
> > Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> >> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote:
> >> Torn-up romaine
> >> As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a
> >> couple of ounces).
> >> If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1"
> >> squares. A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
> >> A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
> >> A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil
> > >
> >> Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress
> >> the salad with it.
> > >
> >> Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible
> >> might go in. Slivered almonds, for example.
> > >
> >> Cindy Hamilton
> > >
> >> ==
> > >
> >> That is new to me. I think I will try it out too if that's ok

> > "if that's ok?"
> > You're asking her permission to try out the recipe she just
> > posted?
> > WTF is wrong with you? You take polite to a sickening level.
> >
> > I'm done posting today before I turn mean again just from
> > frustration reading idiotic posts.
> >
> > Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I try it? SHEEEZ please
> > kill me now

> Hi Gary,
>
> Feel at ease. It's a simple bit of how some women from some areas
> speak when just chatting. When I heard it growing up, it was a way of
> complementing another woman for something specially nice.
>
> To me, it feels like a bit of the gentility the modern generation no
> longer has in how they express themselves.
>
> ==
>
> Thank you, Carol. You are correct. Others responded with similar
> comments which was really nice and I was very grateful

No problem! Cheri (not the newsgroup one but local) looked at it and
laughed that anyone could take it amiss.

She's zipped off now to help setup the built in bar as a staging area
and we brought out the folding table for more staging area. Dinner is
at 3pm (though we are usually a little later)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 13:10:17 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Ophelia wrote:
>

>> "cshenk" wrote in message
>>
>> Gary wrote:

>> > "if that's ok?"
>> > You're asking her permission to try out the recipe she just
>> > posted?
>> > WTF is wrong with you? You take polite to a sickening level.
>> >
>> > I'm done posting today before I turn mean again just from
>> > frustration reading idiotic posts.
>> >
>> > Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I try it? SHEEEZ please
>> > kill me now

>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> Feel at ease. It's a simple bit of how some women from some areas
>> speak when just chatting. When I heard it growing up, it was a way of
>> complementing another woman for something specially nice.
>>
>> To me, it feels like a bit of the gentility the modern generation no
>> longer has in how they express themselves.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Thank you, Carol. You are correct. Others responded with similar
>> comments which was really nice and I was very grateful

>No problem! Cheri (not the newsgroup one but local) looked at it and
>laughed that anyone could take it amiss.
>
>She's zipped off now to help setup the built in bar as a staging area
>and we brought out the folding table for more staging area. Dinner is
>at 3pm (though we are usually a little later)

Huh?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Gary wrote:
>
> > Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> >> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote:
> >> Torn-up romaine
> >> As many pieces of sliced turkey breast as I want to eat (usually a
> >> couple of ounces).
> >> If I've got cooked bacon on hand, some cooked bacon, cut up into 1"
> >> squares. A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar
> >> A half tablespoon or so of hot bacon grease
> >> A half tablespoon or so of extra-virgin olive oil
> > >
> >> Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and bacon grease together and dress
> >> the salad with it.
> > >
> >> Anything else that's lying around the kitchen looking compatible
> >> might go in. Slivered almonds, for example.
> > >
> >> Cindy Hamilton
> > >
> >> ==
> > >
> >> That is new to me. I think I will try it out too if that's ok

> > "if that's ok?"
> > You're asking her permission to try out the recipe she just
> > posted?
> > WTF is wrong with you? You take polite to a sickening level.
> >
> > I'm done posting today before I turn mean again just from
> > frustration reading idiotic posts.
> >
> > Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I try it? SHEEEZ please
> > kill me now

> Hi Gary,
>
> Feel at ease. It's a simple bit of how some women from some areas
> speak when just chatting. When I heard it growing up, it was a way of
> complementing another woman for something specially nice.
>
> To me, it feels like a bit of the gentility the modern generation no
> longer has in how they express themselves.
>
> ==
>
> Thank you, Carol. You are correct. Others responded with similar
> comments which was really nice and I was very grateful

No problem! Cheri (not the newsgroup one but local) looked at it and
laughed that anyone could take it amiss.

She's zipped off now to help setup the built in bar as a staging area
and we brought out the folding table for more staging area. Dinner is
at 3pm (though we are usually a little later)

==

Enjoy)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://i.postimg.cc/FzBqYGm4/Camille-Crosby1.jpg

> >> Actually I think she looks fine with it, but then I may be more

> used to >> seeing it. Most sailors will grow it out a bit on shore
> duty, but on a >> ship at sea, there are a lot of times when the
> barbers wouldn't handle >> the ladies hair unless it was a cut they
> knew from the guys and barber >> school.
> > >

> > I'm not a fan of the burr/butch hair cut on women but there are a
> > good many that can carry it off and it looks fine. I think why it
> > looks awful on her is the sagging neck and jawline just draws too
> > much attention to her face.
> >
> > That being said I wear mine in the Judy Dench pixie style.
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/J76qJPDf/Judy-Dench.jpg

> How do you make it stick up like that? Mine lays resolutely flat

A bit of Mousse and scrunch it up then run out the door as it dries
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 11/20/2018 10:50 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 07:32:06 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> head."

> > > Okay, I'm about to come across as racist here but I think black
> > > women can carry off that look better than white women.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > I agree. Also, black women have some stunning hair-dos. And, I
> > don't think that comment was racist.
> >

> Thank you, JanetB. One can never be too careful! Not that it
> matters what Bruce/Brice [pick a name] thinks.
>
> The woman I worked with who got the almost buzz cut happened to be
> white but she had fairly thick dark hair. She really did have a
> beautifully shaped head. And no, that doesn't make me a *******.
>
> Back on topic: I took the cornish game hen out of the freezer to
> defrost. It will be thawed in plenty of time for Thanksgiving.
> Meanwhile, I made some broccoli cheddar soup.
>
> Jill

BTW, dinner here came off almost without flaw and the one flaw was
actully humor and tasted good. I'd made a mistake years ago with
butternut squash and chinese 5spice and turned it to a sort of deep
dish pie. She did closr to that but added pecans and dark karo to make
a very southern feeling deep pie that was gooshy but lovely!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> > On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 12:58:19 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:
> >

> The dipshit troll is at it again.
>
> Jill

Yup.

KF brucie's new nym.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 17:39:07 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>
>> > On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 12:58:19 -0500, jmcquown >
>> > wrote:
>> >

>> The dipshit troll is at it again.
>>
>> Jill

>Yup.
>
>KF brucie's new nym.

The troll Jill's talking about has NOTHING to do with me.

By the way, remember how angry you got when I called you cshenkie? But
now I am brucie?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 11/19/2018 9:44 PM, cshenk wrote:
>

> > Grin, for years Sheldon would remonstrate with me for our lower meat
> > eating habits. Typically a 2.5-3lb chicken feeds the 3 of us with
> > leftovers. He used to claim that was a single Sailor serving (I
> > seem to recall once he said it took 2 of that size for a sailor).
> >
> > We waste little here but also for both our habits and health, eat
> > less meat than average. The sides are the 'star' overall and meat
> > tends to be more of a garnish serving of 3oz.
> >

> Sounds sensible to me. Healthy, economical and ecologically better.
> I've been trying to eat more like that but I never got into veggies
> all that much.

The veggies just sort of grew with ones we liked. No stress
development used at all. We didnt set out to use more of any one
vegetable but i do admit we wanted to get closer to 1 cup a day of
veggies and take the 2cups a day of rice down a bit to match.

we are now at about 1.5 cup a day combined pasta/rice/potato starches
and pretty close to 3 cups veggies. Add 1/2 cup fruit 1/4cup dairy
cheeses) and 4-5oz meat and that is us. Harmlessly odd of us for this
group.

You see lots of folks adding veggies though. I think it is Jill wth
the roasted cabbage with just a little oil or some sort? (apologies if
wrong person attributed but it sounds like an idea I want to try).

I think when folks do not add them, it's because they try to be too
fancy. Like 'white sauce required' and all that. Some want to tell you
that you can't have simple green greens until you do some arcane stuff
with butter and garlic then they have to be fresh ones. Screw that.
Sure I like fresh ones but I'll use frozen or even canned at need.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 23, 2018 at 4:18:15 PM UTC-6, cshenk wrote:

> https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=click
>
> Sory, Sinead O'connor anyone?

UGH! She looks awful with a shaved head.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 16:18:07 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 11/20/2018 1:10 AM, wrote:
>> > >
>> > _I_ said it about Camille Crosby and she does look like hell with
>> > that shaved head.
>> >

>> Okay, I'm about to come across as racist here but I think black women
>> can carry off that look better than white women.
>>
>> Jill

>I don't think the comment is 'racist' in any classic sense.

So you think it's racist in a modern sense?

>I think however you are wrong that white women can't pull it off just as
>well
>as black women.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=click

>Sory, Sinead O'connor anyone?

She's recently gone muslim, so who knows what she looks like in her
mailbox.

==

Aye I read that. Just wait and see what happens when some bloke starts to
order her around and hit her if she disagrees. No, they are not all like
that, but then the wives don't know until after they are married.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

jmcquown wrote:

> On 11/20/2018 10:50 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 07:32:06 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> head."

> > > Okay, I'm about to come across as racist here but I think black
> > > women can carry off that look better than white women.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > I agree. Also, black women have some stunning hair-dos. And, I
> > don't think that comment was racist.
> >

> Thank you, JanetB. One can never be too careful! Not that it
> matters what Bruce/Brice [pick a name] thinks.
>
> The woman I worked with who got the almost buzz cut happened to be
> white but she had fairly thick dark hair. She really did have a
> beautifully shaped head. And no, that doesn't make me a *******.
>
> Back on topic: I took the cornish game hen out of the freezer to
> defrost. It will be thawed in plenty of time for Thanksgiving.
> Meanwhile, I made some broccoli cheddar soup.
>
> Jill

BTW, dinner here came off almost without flaw and the one flaw was
actully humor and tasted good. I'd made a mistake years ago with
butternut squash and chinese 5spice and turned it to a sort of deep
dish pie. She did closr to that but added pecans and dark karo to make
a very southern feeling deep pie that was gooshy but lovely!

==

I've been looking in the shops for Karo but I can't find any. I wanted some
to make in Janet US' pie. Sheila says golden syrup will do it though so I
will just use that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooze" wrote in message

On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 17:39:07 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>
>> > On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 12:58:19 -0500, jmcquown >
>> > wrote:
>> >

>> The dipshit troll is at it again.
>>
>> Jill

>Yup.
>
>KF brucie's new nym.

The troll Jill's talking about has NOTHING to do with me.

By the way, remember how angry you got when I called you cshenkie? But
now I am brucie?

==

We know who that troll is. Jill? He has started doing it to me again in
another group.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 11/19/2018 9:44 PM, cshenk wrote:
>

> > Grin, for years Sheldon would remonstrate with me for our lower meat
> > eating habits. Typically a 2.5-3lb chicken feeds the 3 of us with
> > leftovers. He used to claim that was a single Sailor serving (I
> > seem to recall once he said it took 2 of that size for a sailor).
> >
> > We waste little here but also for both our habits and health, eat
> > less meat than average. The sides are the 'star' overall and meat
> > tends to be more of a garnish serving of 3oz.
> >

> Sounds sensible to me. Healthy, economical and ecologically better.
> I've been trying to eat more like that but I never got into veggies
> all that much.

The veggies just sort of grew with ones we liked. No stress
development used at all. We didnt set out to use more of any one
vegetable but i do admit we wanted to get closer to 1 cup a day of
veggies and take the 2cups a day of rice down a bit to match.

we are now at about 1.5 cup a day combined pasta/rice/potato starches
and pretty close to 3 cups veggies. Add 1/2 cup fruit 1/4cup dairy
cheeses) and 4-5oz meat and that is us. Harmlessly odd of us for this
group.

You see lots of folks adding veggies though. I think it is Jill wth
the roasted cabbage with just a little oil or some sort? (apologies if
wrong person attributed but it sounds like an idea I want to try).

I think when folks do not add them, it's because they try to be too
fancy. Like 'white sauce required' and all that. Some want to tell you
that you can't have simple green greens until you do some arcane stuff
with butter and garlic then they have to be fresh ones. Screw that.
Sure I like fresh ones but I'll use frozen or even canned at need.

==

LOL good for you)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Thanksgiving at Chez Shenk's

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>

> > "cshenk" wrote in message
> >
> > Gary wrote:

> 1" >>> squares. A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar

> >> "if that's ok?"
> >> You're asking her permission to try out the recipe she just
> >> posted?
> >> WTF is wrong with you? You take polite to a sickening level.
> > >
> >> I'm done posting today before I turn mean again just from
> >> frustration reading idiotic posts.
> > >
> >> Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I try it? SHEEEZ please
> >> kill me now

> > Hi Gary,
> >
> > Feel at ease. It's a simple bit of how some women from some areas
> > speak when just chatting. When I heard it growing up, it was a way
> > of complementing another woman for something specially nice.
> >
> > To me, it feels like a bit of the gentility the modern generation no
> > longer has in how they express themselves.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Thank you, Carol. You are correct. Others responded with similar
> > comments which was really nice and I was very grateful

> No problem! Cheri (not the newsgroup one but local) looked at it and
> laughed that anyone could take it amiss.
>
> She's zipped off now to help setup the built in bar as a staging area
> and we brought out the folding table for more staging area. Dinner is
> at 3pm (though we are usually a little later)
>
> ==
>
> Enjoy)

We did! Immensely as always! Since we work it as planned leftovers
for all, it goes really nice and no one person has to spend much time
cooking at all.

I do think I was at the edge though of needing a second turkey. I don't
like how the really big ones work (hard to get them just right at
monster Toms of 24lbs or so). I like how the 12-16lb ones cook up
better.

While we had plenty of meat, there wasn't as much leftover Turkey as we
could have used for the Turkey fans.

Meantime though, I laid claim to the carcass once picked clean and the
ham bone. Some of the ham and the bone are doing their 'due
dillegence' in a pot of butter-beans while the Turkey carcass was
broken all up and laid to rest in the freezer for sundry runs of turkey
broth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "cshenk" wrote in message
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>

> > "cshenk" wrote in message
> >
> > Gary wrote:

> 1" >>> squares. A teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar

> >> "if that's ok?"
> >> You're asking her permission to try out the recipe she just
> >> posted?
> >> WTF is wrong with you? You take polite to a sickening level.
> > >
> >> I'm done posting today before I turn mean again just from
> >> frustration reading idiotic posts.
> > >
> >> Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I try it? SHEEEZ please
> >> kill me now

> > Hi Gary,
> >
> > Feel at ease. It's a simple bit of how some women from some areas
> > speak when just chatting. When I heard it growing up, it was a way
> > of complementing another woman for something specially nice.
> >
> > To me, it feels like a bit of the gentility the modern generation no
> > longer has in how they express themselves.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Thank you, Carol. You are correct. Others responded with similar
> > comments which was really nice and I was very grateful

> No problem! Cheri (not the newsgroup one but local) looked at it and
> laughed that anyone could take it amiss.
>
> She's zipped off now to help setup the built in bar as a staging area
> and we brought out the folding table for more staging area. Dinner is
> at 3pm (though we are usually a little later)
>
> ==
>
> Enjoy)

We did! Immensely as always! Since we work it as planned leftovers
for all, it goes really nice and no one person has to spend much time
cooking at all.

I do think I was at the edge though of needing a second turkey. I don't
like how the really big ones work (hard to get them just right at
monster Toms of 24lbs or so). I like how the 12-16lb ones cook up
better.

While we had plenty of meat, there wasn't as much leftover Turkey as we
could have used for the Turkey fans.

Meantime though, I laid claim to the carcass once picked clean and the
ham bone. Some of the ham and the bone are doing their 'due
dillegence' in a pot of butter-beans while the Turkey carcass was
broken all up and laid to rest in the freezer for sundry runs of turkey
broth.
==

Sorted!! ) As for turkey, if I had to have a lot, I would rather have 2
smaller ones than one huge one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 12:52:38 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 16:18:07 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>>jmcquown wrote:

>>> Okay, I'm about to come across as racist here but I think black women
>>> can carry off that look better than white women.
>>>
>>> Jill

>>I don't think the comment is 'racist' in any classic sense.

>So you think it's racist in a modern sense?
>
>>I think however you are wrong that white women can't pull it off just as
>>well
>>as black women.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=click

>>Sory, Sinead O'connor anyone?

>She's recently gone muslim, so who knows what she looks like in her
>mailbox.
>
>==
>
>Aye I read that. Just wait and see what happens when some bloke starts to
>order her around and hit her if she disagrees. No, they are not all like
>that, but then the wives don't know until after they are married.

Yes, I'd like to see that. It will be a passing phase. Maybe Hindu's
next.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 16:18:07 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>>jmcquown wrote:

>>> Okay, I'm about to come across as racist here but I think black women
>>> can carry off that look better than white women.
>>>
>>> Jill

>>I don't think the comment is 'racist' in any classic sense.

>So you think it's racist in a modern sense?
>
>>I think however you are wrong that white women can't pull it off just as
>>well
>>as black women.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=click

>>Sory, Sinead O'connor anyone?

>She's recently gone muslim, so who knows what she looks like in her
>mailbox.
>
>==
>
>Aye I read that. Just wait and see what happens when some bloke starts to
>order her around and hit her if she disagrees. No, they are not all like
>that, but then the wives don't know until after they are married.

Yes, I'd like to see that. It will be a passing phase. Maybe Hindu's
next.

==

I don't know. I don't really want to but I do feel sorry for most of the
women tied up with that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 17:46:01 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 12:52:38 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 16:18:07 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:
>>
>>>I don't think the comment is 'racist' in any classic sense.

>>So you think it's racist in a modern sense?
>>
>>>I think however you are wrong that white women can't pull it off just as
>>>well
>>>as black women.
>>>

>>>https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=click
>>>
>>>Sory, Sinead O'connor anyone?

>>She's recently gone muslim, so who knows what she looks like in her
>>mailbox.
>>
>>==
>>
>>Aye I read that. Just wait and see what happens when some bloke starts to
>>order her around and hit her if she disagrees. No, they are not all like
>>that, but then the wives don't know until after they are married.

>Yes, I'd like to see that. It will be a passing phase. Maybe Hindu's
>next.
>
>==
>
>I don't know. I don't really want to but I do feel sorry for most of the
>women tied up with that.

Yes, terrible.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-24 2:54 PM, Pamela wrote:
> On 22:24 23 Nov 2018, Bruce > wrote in
>
>> She's recently gone muslim, so who knows what she looks like in her
>> mailbox.

> Sinead O'Connor is shown here after she converted to Islam. She seems
> to have aged. Watch out kids, this is what Islam does to your skin.
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45987127

Lucky for her that the Roman Catholic Church does not issues fatwahs
(any more). If she mouths off about Islamic clergy like she did about
the pope she will soon become an ex human being.