Old 11-08-2018, 04:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default All ye Roundup lovers unite!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

Old 11-08-2018, 11:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
poison.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 11-08-2018, 12:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 5:42 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
poison.

Cindy Hamilton

¬* I refuse to allow it on my property , and have asked the neighbors
not to use it because of the bees . They get a sub-lethal dose when they
forage on contaminated plants , and some research has tied it to colony
collapse disorder . Fortunately we live in an area that has no monocrop
agribusinesses , which minimizes the risk . Also , there was research
done in Germany I think it was , pigs that were fed feeds that were
treated with glyphosate exhibited serious digestive system problems -
lesions , growths , etc plus a bunch of other health issues . I'd post a
link but that was a few years ago and I don't remember where I found the
research paper . Pigs that were fed uncontaminated feeds were just fine ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 11-08-2018, 12:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 03:42:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
poison.

Yes. Nevertheless, why would you use it in the context of food.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
poison.

Yes. Nevertheless, why would you use it in the context of food.

I don't. Farmers use it because it reduces their costs.

Cindy Hamilton

Old 11-08-2018, 01:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 4:42 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
poison.

Cindy Hamilton

OTOH, were there any scientists on the jury? A competent lawyer could
convince a jury that homeopathy is scientifically valid.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
poison.

Yes. Nevertheless, why would you use it in the context of food.

I don't. Farmers use it because it reduces their costs.

Cindy Hamilton

True, and the court case was about a groundskeeper who worked for a
school district, he wasn't spraying crops.

Jill
Old 11-08-2018, 02:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 4:42 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

I don't love Roundup, but I use it.¬* I don't expect I'll get cancer from
a little spraying a couple times per summer.¬* That's a far cry from being
a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day.¬* The dose makes the
poison.

Cindy Hamilton

OTOH, were there any scientists on the jury? A competent lawyer¬* could
convince a jury that homeopathy is scientifically valid.

I don't know about the jury, but Monsanto likely had an army of lawyers.

Jill
Old 11-08-2018, 04:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 9:02 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/11/2018 8:52 AM, graham wrote:

OTOH, were there any scientists on the jury? A competent lawyer¬* could
convince a jury that homeopathy is scientifically valid.

I don't know about the jury, but Monsanto likely had an army of lawyers.

True. They are the company who sued a Canadian farmer for using their
Roundup resistant product without paying the licensing fee. He never
bought their product, but it was growing on his property. He felt that
he was entitled to plant the seeds from the crop he harvested on his
property. If I ran the world, I would have allowed him to sue Monsanto
for not controlling their product and allowing it to contaminate other
farmers' fields.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 9:02 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/11/2018 8:52 AM, graham wrote:

OTOH, were there any scientists on the jury? A competent lawyer
could convince a jury that homeopathy is scientifically valid.

I don't know about the jury, but Monsanto likely had an army of lawyers.

True.¬* They are the company who sued a Canadian farmer for using their
Roundup resistant product without paying the licensing fee.¬* He never
bought their product, but it was growing on his property. He felt that
he was entitled to plant the seeds from the crop he harvested on his
property.¬* If I ran the world,¬* I would have allowed him to sue Monsanto
for not controlling their product and allowing it to contaminate other
farmers' fields.

He maintained that the *seed* had blown in from a neighbour. Yeah,
right! He'd grown it before and knew that it was a licensed product.
This was one case where I was on Monsanto's side, not that I approve of
the company, which is now owned by Bayer.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 11:53 AM, graham wrote:
On 2018-08-11 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
On 2018-08-11 9:02 AM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

¬* I believe you've been misinformed . It was the POLLEN that blew over
and pollinated his crop , thus introducing the genetic modifications to
the grain he saved for seed . It matters not whether he knew it or not ,
IMO Monsanto deliberately made it possible for this to happen , in order
to force everyone to buy their seed every year . In the past , farmers
kept a portion of their crop for seed for next year . Not anymore ,
Big-Ag wants to control the market for seed to make a profit . They also
hate those of us who insist on growing our gardens with either saved or
purchased heirloom seed so we can have some for next year . THEY WANT TO
CONTROL THE FOOD SUPPLY !!

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 11-08-2018, 06:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 10:52:12 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

Lorsaban by Roundup to control pests on crops.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
On 2018-08-11 9:02 AM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

NO! He claimed it was the seed!!!
If it had been the pollen, Monsanto wouldn't have had a case as 50% of
the genome would have been non-Monsanto.
He'd obviously kept their seed back for re-planting without paying the fee.
I don't approve of Monsanto either but I don't like liars!!!!
Old 11-08-2018, 06:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
On 2018-08-11 9:02 AM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

¬* It's possible we're thinking about 2 different cases . I am familiar
with at least one occurrence that happened as I described . Either way ,
they want to have us by the balls , forced into buying their product .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old