Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default All ye Roundup lovers unite!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
poison.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 5:42 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

> I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
> a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
> a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
> poison.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Â* I refuse to allow it on my property , and have asked the neighbors
not to use it because of the bees . They get a sub-lethal dose when they
forage on contaminated plants , and some research has tied it to colony
collapse disorder . Fortunately we live in an area that has no monocrop
agribusinesses , which minimizes the risk . Also , there was research
done in Germany I think it was , pigs that were fed feeds that were
treated with glyphosate exhibited serious digestive system problems -
lesions , growths , etc plus a bunch of other health issues . I'd post a
link but that was a few years ago and I don't remember where I found the
research paper . Pigs that were fed uncontaminated feeds were just fine ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 03:42:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

>I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
>a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
>a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
>poison.

Yes. Nevertheless, why would you use it in the context of food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 7:50:07 AM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 03:42:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
> >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

> >I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
> >a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
> >a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
> >poison.

> Yes. Nevertheless, why would you use it in the context of food.

I don't. Farmers use it because it reduces their costs.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 4:42 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

> I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
> a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
> a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
> poison.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

OTOH, were there any scientists on the jury? A competent lawyer could
convince a jury that homeopathy is scientifically valid.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 8:51 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 7:50:07 AM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
>> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 03:42:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
>>> a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
>>> a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
>>> poison.

>> Yes. Nevertheless, why would you use it in the context of food.

> I don't. Farmers use it because it reduces their costs.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

True, and the court case was about a groundskeeper who worked for a
school district, he wasn't spraying crops.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 8:52 AM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-08-11 4:42 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html
>>>

>> I don't love Roundup, but I use it.Â* I don't expect I'll get cancer from
>> a little spraying a couple times per summer.Â* That's a far cry from being
>> a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day.Â* The dose makes the
>> poison.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> OTOH, were there any scientists on the jury? A competent lawyerÂ* could
> convince a jury that homeopathy is scientifically valid.

I don't know about the jury, but Monsanto likely had an army of lawyers.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 9:02 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 8/11/2018 8:52 AM, graham wrote:

>> OTOH, were there any scientists on the jury? A competent lawyerÂ* could
>> convince a jury that homeopathy is scientifically valid.

> I don't know about the jury, but Monsanto likely had an army of lawyers.

True. They are the company who sued a Canadian farmer for using their
Roundup resistant product without paying the licensing fee. He never
bought their product, but it was growing on his property. He felt that
he was entitled to plant the seeds from the crop he harvested on his
property. If I ran the world, I would have allowed him to sue Monsanto
for not controlling their product and allowing it to contaminate other
farmers' fields.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-08-11 9:02 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 8/11/2018 8:52 AM, graham wrote:

>>> OTOH, were there any scientists on the jury? A competent lawyer
>>> could convince a jury that homeopathy is scientifically valid.

>> I don't know about the jury, but Monsanto likely had an army of lawyers.

> True.Â* They are the company who sued a Canadian farmer for using their
> Roundup resistant product without paying the licensing fee.Â* He never
> bought their product, but it was growing on his property. He felt that
> he was entitled to plant the seeds from the crop he harvested on his
> property.Â* If I ran the world,Â* I would have allowed him to sue Monsanto
> for not controlling their product and allowing it to contaminate other
> farmers' fields.

He maintained that the *seed* had blown in from a neighbour. Yeah,
right! He'd grown it before and knew that it was a licensed product.
This was one case where I was on Monsanto's side, not that I approve of
the company, which is now owned by Bayer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 11:53 AM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-08-11 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I don't know about the jury, but Monsanto likely had an army of
>>> lawyers.

>> True.Â* They are the company who sued a Canadian farmer for using
>> their Roundup resistant product without paying the licensing fee.Â* He
>> never bought their product, but it was growing on his property. He
>> felt that he was entitled to plant the seeds from the crop he
>> harvested on his property.Â* If I ran the world,Â* I would have allowed
>> him to sue Monsanto for not controlling their product and allowing it
>> to contaminate other farmers' fields.

> He maintained that the *seed* had blown in from a neighbour. Yeah,
> right! He'd grown it before and knew that it was a licensed product.
> This was one case where I was on Monsanto's side, not that I approve
> of the company, which is now owned by Bayer.

Â* I believe you've been misinformed . It was the POLLEN that blew over
and pollinated his crop , thus introducing the genetic modifications to
the grain he saved for seed . It matters not whether he knew it or not ,
IMO Monsanto deliberately made it possible for this to happen , in order
to force everyone to buy their seed every year . In the past , farmers
kept a portion of their crop for seed for next year . Not anymore ,
Big-Ag wants to control the market for seed to make a profit . They also
hate those of us who insist on growing our gardens with either saved or
purchased heirloom seed so we can have some for next year . THEY WANT TO
CONTROL THE FOOD SUPPLY !!

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 10:52:12 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

Lorsaban by Roundup to control pests on crops.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 11:04 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 8/11/2018 11:53 AM, graham wrote:

>>> True.Â* They are the company who sued a Canadian farmer for using
>>> their Roundup resistant product without paying the licensing fee.Â* He
>>> never bought their product, but it was growing on his property. He
>>> felt that he was entitled to plant the seeds from the crop he
>>> harvested on his property.Â* If I ran the world,Â* I would have allowed
>>> him to sue Monsanto for not controlling their product and allowing it
>>> to contaminate other farmers' fields.

>> He maintained that the *seed* had blown in from a neighbour. Yeah,
>> right! He'd grown it before and knew that it was a licensed product.
>> This was one case where I was on Monsanto's side, not that I approve
>> of the company, which is now owned by Bayer.

> Â* I believe you've been misinformed . It was the POLLEN that blew over
> and pollinated his crop , thus introducing the genetic modifications to
> the grain he saved for seed . It matters not whether he knew it or not ,
> IMO Monsanto deliberately made it possible for this to happen , in order
> to force everyone to buy their seed every year . In the past , farmers
> kept a portion of their crop for seed for next year . Not anymore ,
> Big-Ag wants to control the market for seed to make a profit . They also
> hate those of us who insist on growing our gardens with either saved or
> purchased heirloom seed so we can have some for next year . THEY WANT TO
> CONTROL THE FOOD SUPPLY !!

NO! He claimed it was the seed!!!
If it had been the pollen, Monsanto wouldn't have had a case as 50% of
the genome would have been non-Monsanto.
He'd obviously kept their seed back for re-planting without paying the fee.
I don't approve of Monsanto either but I don't like liars!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 12:09 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-08-11 11:04 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> He maintained that the *seed* had blown in from a neighbour. Yeah,
>>> right! He'd grown it before and knew that it was a licensed product.
>>> This was one case where I was on Monsanto's side, not that I approve
>>> of the company, which is now owned by Bayer.

>> Â*Â* I believe you've been misinformed . It was the POLLEN that blew
>> over and pollinated his crop , thus introducing the genetic
>> modifications to the grain he saved for seed . It matters not whether
>> he knew it or not , IMO Monsanto deliberately made it possible for
>> this to happen , in order to force everyone to buy their seed every
>> year . In the past , farmers kept a portion of their crop for seed
>> for next year . Not anymore , Big-Ag wants to control the market for
>> seed to make a profit . They also hate those of us who insist on
>> growing our gardens with either saved or purchased heirloom seed so
>> we can have some for next year . THEY WANT TO CONTROL THE FOOD SUPPLY !!
>>

> NO! He claimed it was the seed!!!
> If it had been the pollen, Monsanto wouldn't have had a case as 50% of
> the genome would have been non-Monsanto.
> He'd obviously kept their seed back for re-planting without paying the
> fee.
> I don't approve of Monsanto either but I don't like liars!!!!

Â* It's possible we're thinking about 2 different cases . I am familiar
with at least one occurrence that happened as I described . Either way ,
they want to have us by the balls , forced into buying their product .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 05:51:09 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 7:50:07 AM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
>> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 03:42:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
>> >a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
>> >a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
>> >poison.

>> Yes. Nevertheless, why would you use it in the context of food.

>I don't. Farmers use it because it reduces their costs.

No shit, Sherlock.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 11:07:36 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-08-11 9:02 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 8/11/2018 8:52 AM, graham wrote:

>>> OTOH, were there any scientists on the jury? A competent lawyer* could
>>> convince a jury that homeopathy is scientifically valid.

>> I don't know about the jury, but Monsanto likely had an army of lawyers.

>True. They are the company who sued a Canadian farmer for using their
>Roundup resistant product without paying the licensing fee. He never
>bought their product, but it was growing on his property. He felt that
>he was entitled to plant the seeds from the crop he harvested on his
>property. If I ran the world, I would have allowed him to sue Monsanto
>for not controlling their product and allowing it to contaminate other
>farmers' fields.

Yes. Monsanto is evil.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:04:37 -0500, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 8/11/2018 11:53 AM, graham wrote:

>>> True.* They are the company who sued a Canadian farmer for using
>>> their Roundup resistant product without paying the licensing fee.* He
>>> never bought their product, but it was growing on his property. He
>>> felt that he was entitled to plant the seeds from the crop he
>>> harvested on his property.* If I ran the world,* I would have allowed
>>> him to sue Monsanto for not controlling their product and allowing it
>>> to contaminate other farmers' fields.

>> He maintained that the *seed* had blown in from a neighbour. Yeah,
>> right! He'd grown it before and knew that it was a licensed product.
>> This was one case where I was on Monsanto's side, not that I approve
>> of the company, which is now owned by Bayer.

> * I believe you've been misinformed . It was the POLLEN that blew over
>and pollinated his crop , thus introducing the genetic modifications to
>the grain he saved for seed . It matters not whether he knew it or not ,
>IMO Monsanto deliberately made it possible for this to happen , in order
>to force everyone to buy their seed every year . In the past , farmers
>kept a portion of their crop for seed for next year . Not anymore ,
>Big-Ag wants to control the market for seed to make a profit . They also
>hate those of us who insist on growing our gardens with either saved or
>purchased heirloom seed so we can have some for next year . THEY WANT TO
>CONTROL THE FOOD SUPPLY !!

Yes, thanks for adding some perspective.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 06:52:15 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-08-11 4:42 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:52:12 PM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

>> I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
>> a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
>> a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
>> poison.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>OTOH, were there any scientists on the jury? A competent lawyer could
>convince a jury that homeopathy is scientifically valid.

Maybe it is. Just because you're phobic about homeopathy, salt and
religion doesn't mean anything. Other people are phobic about spiders.
To each their own.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 10:07:13 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 10:52:12 PM UTC-5, Druce wrote:
>>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html
>>

>Lorsaban by Roundup to control pests on crops.

"We need a pesticide to maximise our profit. Let's use something that
may give people cancer."

And people just eat that stuff. It's a wondrous world, isn't it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 12:53 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-08-11 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I don't know about the jury, but Monsanto likely had an army of lawyers.

>> True.Â* They are the company who sued a Canadian farmer for using their
>> Roundup resistant product without paying the licensing fee.Â* He never
>> bought their product, but it was growing on his property. He felt that
>> he was entitled to plant the seeds from the crop he harvested on his
>> property.Â* If I ran the world,Â* I would have allowed him to sue
>> Monsanto for not controlling their product and allowing it to
>> contaminate other farmers' fields.

> He maintained that the *seed* had blown in from a neighbour. Yeah,
> right! He'd grown it before and knew that it was a licensed product.
> This was one case where I was on Monsanto's side, not that I approve of
> the company, which is now owned by Bayer.

I thought that they deal was that he had used Round Up and that some of
the canola still grew, so he harvested that and used the seeds. I don't
think there was any evidence that he had ever bought the patent
protected seed or that it had not landed in his field accidentally. The
argument was that he knew that the stuff that survived the RoundUp
treatment was resistant and that he selectively harvested it and used it
without paying the usage license fee.

The way I see it is that his field was contaminated with a seed that
turned out to patented. The onus should have been on Monsanto to keep
their crop under control, and that if it ended up on the farmer's
property without him having purchased it and intentionally planting it,
then it is his... finders keepers. He should then be free to use it for
seed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 1:09 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-08-11 11:04 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

> NO! He claimed it was the seed!!!
> If it had been the pollen, Monsanto wouldn't have had a case as 50% of
> the genome would have been non-Monsanto.
> He'd obviously kept their seed back for re-planting without paying the fee.
> I don't approve of Monsanto either but I don't like liars!!!!

True.... I guess. The claim was that the farmer noticed that some of the
canola survived after the field had been treated with RoundUp. He then
harvested the seed from those plants that were growing on his property
without him having planted the original ones.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-08-11 12:29 PM, Druce wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 06:52:15 -0600, graham > wrote:

>>> I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
>>> a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
>>> a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
>>> poison.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> OTOH, were there any scientists on the jury? A competent lawyer could
>> convince a jury that homeopathy is scientifically valid.

> Maybe it is. Just because you're phobic about homeopathy, salt and
> religion doesn't mean anything. Other people are phobic about spiders.
> To each their own.

You are really obtuse this afternoon!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 2:52:18 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
> OTOH, were there any scientists on the jury? A competent lawyer could
> convince a jury that homeopathy is scientifically valid.

As we all know, science tends to make people's head spin and makes them dizzy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

graham wrote:

> On 2018-08-11 12:29 PM, Druce wrote:

> >> OTOH, were there any scientists on the jury? A competent lawyer could
> >> convince a jury that homeopathy is scientifically valid.

> > Maybe it is. Just because you're phobic about homeopathy, salt and
> > religion doesn't mean anything. Other people are phobic about spiders.
> > To each their own.
> >

> You are really obtuse this afternoon!

LOL, graham...*just* "this afternoon"...???

;-D

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:14:49 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>graham wrote:

>> > Maybe it is. Just because you're phobic about homeopathy, salt and
>> > religion doesn't mean anything. Other people are phobic about spiders.
>> > To each their own.
>> >

>> You are really obtuse this afternoon!

>LOL, graham...*just* "this afternoon"...???

Yes, because normally I'm not obtuse at all. Didn't you know?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Druce wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:14:49 -0700 (PDT), GM
> > wrote:
>
> >graham wrote:

> >> You are really obtuse this afternoon!

> >LOL, graham...*just* "this afternoon"...???

> Yes, because normally I'm not obtuse at all. Didn't you know?

I will cede you your point if you manage to escape Jill's killfile, lol...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:36:46 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>Druce wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:14:49 -0700 (PDT), GM
>> > wrote:

>> >LOL, graham...*just* "this afternoon"...???

>> Yes, because normally I'm not obtuse at all. Didn't you know?

>I will cede you your point if you manage to escape Jill's killfile, lol...

But then I'd have to change my name again and that upsets people.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Druce wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:36:46 -0700 (PDT), GM
> > wrote:
>
>> Druce wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:14:49 -0700 (PDT), GM

>>> Yes, because normally I'm not obtuse at all. Didn't you know?

>> I will cede you your point if you manage to escape Jill's killfile, lol...

> But then I'd have to change my name again and that upsets people.

I thought you were simply going through the alphabet, using fitting
consonants for the first letter.

Sequence something like ...

bruce druce fruce gruce hruce jruce kruce ... and on and on till zruce.

Next logical choice is fruce.

Popeye will say they are all faggot names though. But he sees faggots
everywhere, so no surprise.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 15:50:08 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Druce wrote:
>> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:36:46 -0700 (PDT), GM
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I will cede you your point if you manage to escape Jill's killfile, lol...

>> But then I'd have to change my name again and that upsets people.
>>

>I thought you were simply going through the alphabet, using fitting
>consonants for the first letter.
>
>Sequence something like ...
>
>bruce druce fruce gruce hruce jruce kruce ... and on and on till zruce.
>
>Next logical choice is fruce.
>
>Popeye will say they are all faggot names though. But he sees faggots
>everywhere, so no surprise.

Yes, I think Fruce will be the next one. But, for now, I'm trying to
stay in the killfiles of the biddies and the codgers, so as not to
upset them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Aug 2018, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>August 10, 2018 Druce wrote:
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

>I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
>a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
>a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
>poison.

I use Roundup, the thing is to use it properly. Most people over use
it, they mix a much stronger solution than what is necessary and they
use it indescriminately by spraying much wider areas than what are
needed. I've discovered that it works well at half strength when one
follows the directions to use it on dry, hot, sunny days. I use
roundup in small corners that are inaccessable to a push nmower or a
string trimmer, like under my diesel tank/propane tanks and for the
small cracks in my blacktop driveway. I suppose I could use a flame
thrower but I'm reluctant around fuel tanks and blacktop.

I bought a gallon of concentrate 16 years ago and still there's half
remaining. I'm very cautious with spraying defoliant and insectide
for Japanese beetles. I wear protective clothing and a respirator. I
use Roundup once a year, Sevin for Japanese beetles as needed, maybe
every four years. In fact I just ordered a new sprayer for Roundup
from Amazon as the old one was begining to seep at the hose fittings.
We have two sprayers, one for Roundup and one for Sevin. Two gallon
sprayers are inexpensive, safer to replace than use leakers.
This arrived three days ago and works great.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Remember, use Roundup on hot dry days and at half strength.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 7:51:13 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 7:50:07 AM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
> > On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 03:42:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> > >I don't love Roundup, but I use it. I don't expect I'll get cancer from
> > >a little spraying a couple times per summer. That's a far cry from being
> > >a groundskeeper and contacting it nearly every day. The dose makes the
> > >poison.

> > Yes. Nevertheless, why would you use it in the context of food.

> I don't. Farmers use it because it reduces their costs.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Oh WHAAAA! POISON is NOT something we should sprays on our foods!

How many $$ is people's HEALTH worth to you? I mean other than yourself, which I KNOW is your FAVE person in the world!

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 8:20:19 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 7:51:13 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 7:50:07 AM UTC-4, Druce wrote:
> > > On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 03:42:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> > > Yes. Nevertheless, why would you use it in the context of food.

> > I don't. Farmers use it because it reduces their costs.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Oh WHAAAA! POISON is NOT something we should sprays on our foods!
>
> How many $$ is people's HEALTH worth to you?

It doesn't matter what other people's health is worth to me. What matters
is how much it's worth to them. Considering the popularity of appallingly
crap food, it's not worth a plugged nickel to most people.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2018 4:58 PM, Druce wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 15:50:08 -0500, Hank Rogers >
> wrote:
>
>> Druce wrote:
>>> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 12:36:46 -0700 (PDT), GM

>>> But then I'd have to change my name again and that upsets people.
>>>

>> I thought you were simply going through the alphabet, using fitting
>> consonants for the first letter.
>>
>> Sequence something like ...
>>
>> bruce druce fruce gruce hruce jruce kruce ... and on and on till zruce.
>>
>> Next logical choice is fruce.
>>
>> Popeye will say they are all faggot names though. But he sees faggots
>> everywhere, so no surprise.

> Yes, I think Fruce will be the next one. But, for now, I'm trying to
> stay in the killfiles of the biddies and the codgers, so as not to
> upset them.

Nym-shifting ****tard.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 12:30:20 -0400, Stagger Lee > wrote:

>On 8/11/2018 4:58 PM, Druce wrote:
>> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 15:50:08 -0500, Hank Rogers >
>> wrote:

>>> I thought you were simply going through the alphabet, using fitting
>>> consonants for the first letter.
>>>
>>> Sequence something like ...
>>>
>>> bruce druce fruce gruce hruce jruce kruce ... and on and on till zruce.
>>>
>>> Next logical choice is fruce.
>>>
>>> Popeye will say they are all faggot names though. But he sees faggots
>>> everywhere, so no surprise.

>> Yes, I think Fruce will be the next one. But, for now, I'm trying to
>> stay in the killfiles of the biddies and the codgers, so as not to
>> upset them.
>>

>Nym-shifting ****tard.

No, that's too long.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:43:00 -0400, songbird wrote:

> Would do much better to encourage people to grow
> their own food instead. It's much cheaper and
> better.

Growing beans on the balcony of a city apartment might give you enough at
the end of the summer to feed one person one meal.

The 'traditional' family farm required several acres and continual work of
the entire family sunup to sundown from spring to autumn in order to put
away enough food to last the winter.

Your idea is well-intentioned, but ill-considered.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I once tried it and it made the weeds look sick but they never did die.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

No, I think I used weed be gone.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mike_Duffy" wrote in message
. ..

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:43:00 -0400, songbird wrote:

> Would do much better to encourage people to grow
> their own food instead. It's much cheaper and
> better.

Growing beans on the balcony of a city apartment might give you enough at
the end of the summer to feed one person one meal.

The 'traditional' family farm required several acres and continual work of
the entire family sunup to sundown from spring to autumn in order to put
away enough food to last the winter.

Your idea is well-intentioned, but ill-considered.
===

We have been away for a few weeks. The first thing I did when I returned
was look at the garden.

Before I went away, I planted dwarf green beans. Most of the seeds came up
as expected. Three plants got very tall.

I assumed there was a mistake and some regular size green beans had been
mixed in with the dwarf seeds.

I now see we have 3 massive sunflowers!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Mike_Duffy" wrote in message
> . ..
>
> On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:43:00 -0400, songbird wrote:
>
>> Would do much better to encourage people to grow
>> their own food instead. It's much cheaper and
>> better.

> Growing beans on the balcony of a city apartment might give you enough at
> the end of the summer to feed one person one meal.
>
> The 'traditional' family farm required several acres and continual work of
> the entire family sunup to sundown from spring to autumn in order to put
> away enough food to last the winter.
>
> Your idea is well-intentioned, but ill-considered.
> ===
>
> We have been away for a few weeks. The first thing I did when I returned
> was look at the garden.
>
> Before I went away, I planted dwarf green beans. Most of the seeds came
> up as expected. Three plants got very tall.
>
> I assumed there was a mistake and some regular size green beans had been
> mixed in with the dwarf seeds.
>
> I now see we have 3 massive sunflowers!!!

LOL, I think that would be nice, even if unexpected.