Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default All ye Roundup lovers unite!

On 8/11/2018 11:53 AM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-08-11 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I don't know about the jury, but Monsanto likely had an army of
>>> lawyers.

>> True.Â* They are the company who sued a Canadian farmer for using
>> their Roundup resistant product without paying the licensing fee.Â* He
>> never bought their product, but it was growing on his property. He
>> felt that he was entitled to plant the seeds from the crop he
>> harvested on his property.Â* If I ran the world,Â* I would have allowed
>> him to sue Monsanto for not controlling their product and allowing it
>> to contaminate other farmers' fields.

> He maintained that the *seed* had blown in from a neighbour. Yeah,
> right! He'd grown it before and knew that it was a licensed product.
> This was one case where I was on Monsanto's side, not that I approve
> of the company, which is now owned by Bayer.

Â* I believe you've been misinformed . It was the POLLEN that blew over
and pollinated his crop , thus introducing the genetic modifications to
the grain he saved for seed . It matters not whether he knew it or not ,
IMO Monsanto deliberately made it possible for this to happen , in order
to force everyone to buy their seed every year . In the past , farmers
kept a portion of their crop for seed for next year . Not anymore ,
Big-Ag wants to control the market for seed to make a profit . They also
hate those of us who insist on growing our gardens with either saved or
purchased heirloom seed so we can have some for next year . THEY WANT TO
CONTROL THE FOOD SUPPLY !!

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old