Old 10-08-2018, 10:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default If you don't hear from me ...

.... I hope I'm not dead from eating a wire!

We had chicken thighs on the grill with caprese and
cauliflower bites. As I was loading the dishwasher, I felt
like there was something in my mouth, I kind of thought
rosemary?

Nope, a really fine wire about 1/2, 3/4 inch? I wondered
how people managed to eat a wire without noticing but the
brushes we've had previously had much thicker wires.

No more wire grill brushes for us.

nancy

Old 10-08-2018, 10:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 17:29:46 -0400, Nancy Young
wrote:

... I hope I'm not dead from eating a wire!

We had chicken thighs on the grill with caprese and
cauliflower bites. As I was loading the dishwasher, I felt
like there was something in my mouth, I kind of thought
rosemary?

Nope, a really fine wire about 1/2, 3/4 inch? I wondered
how people managed to eat a wire without noticing but the
brushes we've had previously had much thicker wires.

No more wire grill brushes for us.

nancy

Hope you're okay - nasty
Old 10-08-2018, 10:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2018 5:49 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
writes:

No more wire grill brushes for us.

that was close!

there have been quite a few reports of people needing surgery to remove
dislodged brush wires from their intestines

Imagine? I'm going to keep a good thought I didn't swallow
any but keep it in mind if I start having symptoms.

nancy

Old 10-08-2018, 10:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Nancy Young wrote:

... I hope I'm not dead from eating a wire!

We had chicken thighs on the grill with caprese and
cauliflower bites. As I was loading the dishwasher, I felt
like there was something in my mouth, I kind of thought
rosemary?

Nope, a really fine wire about 1/2, 3/4 inch? I wondered
how people managed to eat a wire without noticing but the
brushes we've had previously had much thicker wires.

No more wire grill brushes for us.

Whoa...I had that happen, too...but a much smaller wire...hope all is well with you, anyways...

;-)

--
Best
Greg

Old 10-08-2018, 11:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2018 5:29 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
... I hope I'm not dead from eating a wire!

We had chicken thighs on the grill with caprese and
cauliflower bites.* As I was loading the dishwasher, I felt
like there was something in my mouth, I kind of thought
rosemary?

Nope, a really fine wire about 1/2, 3/4 inch?* I wondered
how people managed to eat a wire without noticing but the
brushes we've had previously had much thicker wires.

No more wire grill brushes for us.

nancy

Oh dear! I hope you're okay, Sis!

A little too late but I saw something recently about cleaning grill
grates using large yellow onions, cut in half. No metal or wires.

Jill
Old 11-08-2018, 12:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
On 8/10/2018 5:29 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
... I hope I'm not dead from eating a wire!

We had chicken thighs on the grill with caprese and
cauliflower bites. As I was loading the dishwasher, I felt
like there was something in my mouth, I kind of thought
rosemary?

Nope, a really fine wire about 1/2, 3/4 inch? I wondered
how people managed to eat a wire without noticing but the
brushes we've had previously had much thicker wires.

No more wire grill brushes for us.

nancy

Oh dear! I hope you're okay, Sis!

A little too late but I saw something recently about cleaning grill
grates using large yellow onions, cut in half. No metal or wires.

Jill

I saw that on a cooking show on pbs, but he wasn't cleaning with it ...
he dipped it in oil and used it to oil the grill (after he had cleaned
it with a grill brush).

Old 11-08-2018, 01:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2018 5:29 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
... I hope I'm not dead from eating a wire!

We had chicken thighs on the grill with caprese and
cauliflower bites.* As I was loading the dishwasher, I felt
like there was something in my mouth, I kind of thought
rosemary?

Yep, I use a scraper now. One of those things I never thought about
until it happened.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 20:40:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yep, I use a scraper now.

Ditto. It's made of pumice, followed up by soggy paper towels.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2018 8:40 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/10/2018 5:29 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
... I hope I'm not dead from eating a wire!

We had chicken thighs on the grill with caprese and
cauliflower bites.* As I was loading the dishwasher, I felt
like there was something in my mouth, I kind of thought
rosemary?

Yep, I use a scraper now.* One of those things I never thought about
until it happened.

Even when I took it out of my mouth, I could feel it way more
than I could see it, it's such a fine wire. Crazy. It could
easily have been swallowed with the crispy chicken skin.

nancy

Old 11-08-2018, 02:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2018 6:53 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/10/2018 5:29 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
... I hope I'm not dead from eating a wire!

Oh dear!* I hope you're okay, Sis!

Me, too!

A little too late but I saw something recently about cleaning grill
grates using large yellow onions, cut in half.* No metal or wires.

I've also seen people used wadded foil. We had some plastic scrubby
thing at one point that ... supririse! ... just melted on the grill.

We'll be shopping around. I thought I should tell my story as a
warning.

nancy
Old 11-08-2018, 03:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2018 9:34 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
On 8/10/2018 6:53 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/10/2018 5:29 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
... I hope I'm not dead from eating a wire!

Oh dear!* I hope you're okay, Sis!

Me, too!

A little too late but I saw something recently about cleaning grill
grates using large yellow onions, cut in half.* No metal or wires.

I've also seen people used wadded foil.* We had some plastic scrubby
thing at one point that ... supririse! ... just melted on the grill.

We'll be shopping around.* I thought I should tell my story as a
warning.

nancy

I think you should try the onion trick.

Jill
Old 11-08-2018, 12:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 20:40:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/10/2018 5:29 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
... I hope I'm not dead from eating a wire!

We had chicken thighs on the grill with caprese and
cauliflower bites.* As I was loading the dishwasher, I felt
like there was something in my mouth, I kind of thought
rosemary?

Yep, I use a scraper now. One of those things I never thought about
until it happened.

I use scrunched up foil in some tongs, then scrub with that, works
okay. I do it when the grill is hot.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message ...

On 8/10/2018 6:53 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/10/2018 5:29 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
... I hope I'm not dead from eating a wire!

Oh dear! I hope you're okay, Sis!

Me, too!

A little too late but I saw something recently about cleaning grill grates
using large yellow onions, cut in half. No metal or wires.

I've also seen people used wadded foil. We had some plastic scrubby
thing at one point that ... supririse! ... just melted on the grill.

We'll be shopping around. I thought I should tell my story as a
warning.

nancy

==

Yes, you should!!! That is frightening and I have never heard of it
before