Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner on 6/10

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
15.223...
> We wanted a quick and simple but tasty meal for tonight. David had a
> really nice filet and I had a bone-in ribeye. Sides were salt potatoes
> and a minted snap pea salad. I think we'll stop in at Culver's for a
> fresh raspberry and vanlla custard sundae for dessert.
>
> It was anothaer 110°F day here but the temp has now dropped to 96°F.

Slightly chilly today and supposed to drop to the 40's tonight. Dang. Had a
weird freak storm yesterday and another today, knocking out the Internet. We
had a mishmash of Mexican food because I'm trying to use up dregs of stuff
from the freezer. Mini chicken tacos, mini beef tacos, beef and cheese
taquitos. Cooked a package of Goya Mexican rice for me and some light brown
long grain rice for them. I toasted it in butter then cooked it in chicken
broth and a little parsley. Also refried beans. Sour cream, guacamole, salsa
and pico de gallo on the side.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> We
> had a mishmash of Mexican food because I'm trying to use up dregs of stuff
> from the freezer.

LMAO. I'll say this, Julie. You really need to work on your menu
descriptions. You are constantly saying that you are "using up
this and that." Sounds like cooking with wilted veggies, old
meat, and on and on.

This one today....
"trying to use up dregs of stuff from the freezer?"

That description certainly doesn't make my mouth water.
I certainly wouldn't rush home for that.
Time to stop for fast food on the way home. lol heheh
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 14:54:42 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> We
>> had a mishmash of Mexican food because I'm trying to use up dregs of stuff
>> from the freezer.

>LMAO. I'll say this, Julie. You really need to work on your menu
>descriptions. You are constantly saying that you are "using up
>this and that." Sounds like cooking with wilted veggies, old
>meat, and on and on.
>
>This one today....
> "trying to use up dregs of stuff from the freezer?"
>
>That description certainly doesn't make my mouth water.
>I certainly wouldn't rush home for that.
>Time to stop for fast food on the way home. lol heheh

That's one of the reasons why her husband was happy to leave... she
ate shit and fed him worse shit. I can't imagine any normal person
living with Julie. "What's for dinner tonight hon... some old
shit I found at the bottom of the freezer".
Actually thats what big freezers are for, hoarding old shit.