Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner on 6/10

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
15.223...
> We wanted a quick and simple but tasty meal for tonight. David had a
> really nice filet and I had a bone-in ribeye. Sides were salt potatoes
> and a minted snap pea salad. I think we'll stop in at Culver's for a
> fresh raspberry and vanlla custard sundae for dessert.
>
> It was anothaer 110°F day here but the temp has now dropped to 96°F.

Slightly chilly today and supposed to drop to the 40's tonight. Dang. Had a
weird freak storm yesterday and another today, knocking out the Internet. We
had a mishmash of Mexican food because I'm trying to use up dregs of stuff
from the freezer. Mini chicken tacos, mini beef tacos, beef and cheese
taquitos. Cooked a package of Goya Mexican rice for me and some light brown
long grain rice for them. I toasted it in butter then cooked it in chicken
broth and a little parsley. Also refried beans. Sour cream, guacamole, salsa
and pico de gallo on the side.