Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fiber

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 9:31:19 AM UTC-5, graham wrote:

> >> Similar case in London recently where a senior stabbed a gypsy
> >> breaking into his house.

> That senior is now living in hiding and his house is boarded up as the
> Gypsy community, of which the burglar was a member, has threatened
> deadly revenge!!

Sounds like those gypsies need a bit of this.

https://s33.postimg.cc/fo1hz4um7/Aroma_Therapy.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 2:15:40 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Tue, 29 May 2018 12:07:46 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> We also have white painted
> >> bicycles. So you have those?
> >> Janet US
> >>

> >No, I've not seen those! What do the white bicycles symbolize??

> place where people were killed riding a bicycle. How'd you like to
> have one of those leaning up against your front yard picket fence.?
> (forever)
> I wonder if they'll start leaving Harley's at intersections and what
> color they'll paint them?
> Janet US

Ok, I'm going to keep the white bicycle memorials to myself.

We have bicycle lanes EVERYWHERE but at least once a year someone
is killed riding one and it's usually because they decided to ride
in regular traffic or run red lights and stop signs. If the white
bicycle thing gets around we'll have those here, too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I once knew a WV state cop and the main groups of people he didn't like were gypsies and motorcycle gangs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 May 2018 12:57:46 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 3:19:41 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 7:09:02 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> >
>> > I suspect I'd avoid the location entirely. Here in the flatlands,
>> > that's not difficult to do.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton

>> One cannot go anywhere without seeing them on this rock. My guess is that I can probably go down the street to the hardware store. After that, all bets are off.

>I don't much care about other people's dearly departed. I was
>commenting on what I'd probably do if mine was killed in traffic:
>avoid the location where he was killed.

People don't come much colder than Cindy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-29 3:57 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 3:19:41 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>bably go down the street to the hardware store. After that, all bets are off.
>
> I don't much care about other people's dearly departed. I was
> commenting on what I'd probably do if mine was killed in traffic:
> avoid the location where he was killed.

You and I are old fashioned. People these days seem to think that
everyone in the world has to be aware of the tragedy so that we can
share their grief. They can buy a funeral plot if they want a
commemorative monument.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

l not -l wrote:
> On 29-May-2018, wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 7:52:07 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, 28 May 2018 21:58:49 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> I tend to agree with you. I can think of several memorials around
>>> here that are a tribute to stupidity. We also have white painted
>>> bicycles. So you have those?
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> No, I've not seen those! What do the white bicycles symbolize??

> Around here, they are symbolic of some smug SOB who thought it a good idea
> to ride his $2,000 bicycle in the middle of the street at 7 mph. Said smug
> one thought a F-250 4x4 driver, doing 45mph in a 30 zone, cell phone between
> cheek and shoulder, while munching on a dripping mess of a Monster
> Thickburger, would see him and happily reduce his speed to match the 7mph.

Nah, guys who munch on those huge hamburgers usually drive Dodge Ram 350
cummins turbo diesel pickups towing a trailer load almost as impressive
as an 18 wheeler.

Everything but a jake brake.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-29 3:04 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-05-29 3:57 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 3:19:41 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>> bably go down the street to the hardware store. After that, all bets
>> are off.
>>
>> I don't much care about other people's dearly departed.Â* I was
>> commenting on what I'd probably do if mine was killed in traffic:
>> avoid the location where he was killed.
>>

> You and I are old fashioned.Â* People these days seem to think that
> everyone in the world has to be aware of the tragedy so that we can
> share their grief. They can buy a funeral plot if they want a
> commemorative monument.

I can't understand why people, after an accident or other tragedy, feel
it necessary to dump flowers and teddy bears at the scene.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 May 2018 17:10:56 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-05-29 4:06 PM, wrote:
>> On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 2:15:40 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>>

>> Ok, I'm going to keep the white bicycle memorials to myself.
>>
>> We have bicycle lanes EVERYWHERE but at least once a year someone
>> is killed riding one and it's usually because they decided to ride
>> in regular traffic or run red lights and stop signs. If the white
>> bicycle thing gets around we'll have those here, too.

>Groups of cyclists often stop at the corner bakery coffee shop. One day
>a bunch of them were sitting at the table next to me and talking about a
>new bike lane. One of them boasted that he rides on the line. And they
>wonder why cyclists get hit so often.
>
>It's bad enough that road traffic is messed up a couple times a year to
>accommodate bicycle races, but the location of the races attracts
>bicyclists who train on the local roads. They ride 2-3 abreast in large
>groups, refuse to move over for cars and blow through stop signs. There
>are rural roads, and they don't usually bother to put up stop signs
>until there have been a couple crashes at the intersection.

where I live, my main route along the base of the foothills, is used
for bicycle races virtually every Saturday. During the week the
bicycle clubs cycle en mass on this route. There's a nice wide bike
lane but it won't accommodate 6-8 abreast. I'm supposed to "share'
the road. This road is hilly and winding and is double yellow all the
way. You can't see oncoming traffic because of hills and twists on
the road. The bikers curse if you pass too close but are fully
willing to force automobile traffic into oncoming traffic. I have no
respect for bicycle riders.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 May 2018 16:40:10 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-05-29 3:04 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2018-05-29 3:57 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 3:19:41 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>>> bably go down the street to the hardware store. After that, all bets
>>> are off.
>>>
>>> I don't much care about other people's dearly departed.* I was
>>> commenting on what I'd probably do if mine was killed in traffic:
>>> avoid the location where he was killed.
>>>

>> You and I are old fashioned.* People these days seem to think that
>> everyone in the world has to be aware of the tragedy so that we can
>> share their grief. They can buy a funeral plot if they want a
>> commemorative monument.
>>

>I can't understand why people, after an accident or other tragedy, feel
>it necessary to dump flowers and teddy bears at the scene.

Maybe their homeopath tells them it's good for them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 May 2018 16:40:10 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-05-29 3:04 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2018-05-29 3:57 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 3:19:41 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>>> bably go down the street to the hardware store. After that, all bets
>>> are off.
>>>
>>> I don't much care about other people's dearly departed.* I was
>>> commenting on what I'd probably do if mine was killed in traffic:
>>> avoid the location where he was killed.
>>>

>> You and I are old fashioned.* People these days seem to think that
>> everyone in the world has to be aware of the tragedy so that we can
>> share their grief. They can buy a funeral plot if they want a
>> commemorative monument.
>>

>I can't understand why people, after an accident or other tragedy, feel
>it necessary to dump flowers and teddy bears at the scene.

I figure it is because they like to be seen doing it, who knows, they
might wind up on social media. I find it ostentatious, better they
take that time and the flowers and go visit some elderly senior and
lighten their day instead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 May 2018 16:53:49 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Tue, 29 May 2018 17:10:56 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>>On 2018-05-29 4:06 PM, wrote:
>>> On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 2:15:40 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>>>

>>> Ok, I'm going to keep the white bicycle memorials to myself.
>>>
>>> We have bicycle lanes EVERYWHERE but at least once a year someone
>>> is killed riding one and it's usually because they decided to ride
>>> in regular traffic or run red lights and stop signs. If the white
>>> bicycle thing gets around we'll have those here, too.

>>Groups of cyclists often stop at the corner bakery coffee shop. One day
>>a bunch of them were sitting at the table next to me and talking about a
>>new bike lane. One of them boasted that he rides on the line. And they
>>wonder why cyclists get hit so often.
>>
>>It's bad enough that road traffic is messed up a couple times a year to
>>accommodate bicycle races, but the location of the races attracts
>>bicyclists who train on the local roads. They ride 2-3 abreast in large
>>groups, refuse to move over for cars and blow through stop signs. There
>>are rural roads, and they don't usually bother to put up stop signs
>>until there have been a couple crashes at the intersection.
>>

>where I live, my main route along the base of the foothills, is used
>for bicycle races virtually every Saturday. During the week the
>bicycle clubs cycle en mass on this route. There's a nice wide bike
>lane but it won't accommodate 6-8 abreast. I'm supposed to "share'
>the road. This road is hilly and winding and is double yellow all the
>way. You can't see oncoming traffic because of hills and twists on
>the road. The bikers curse if you pass too close but are fully
>willing to force automobile traffic into oncoming traffic. I have no
>respect for bicycle riders.
>Janet US

I get annoyed when we all get to a red light and they hoick the bike
onto the sidewalk, ride across the crossing, then back again on the
other side of the intersection and carry on their way.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 May 2018 09:12:03 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Tue, 29 May 2018 20:07:41 -0300, wrote:

>>>I can't understand why people, after an accident or other tragedy, feel
>>>it necessary to dump flowers and teddy bears at the scene.

>>I figure it is because they like to be seen doing it, who knows, they
>>might wind up on social media. I find it ostentatious, better they
>>take that time and the flowers and go visit some elderly senior and
>>lighten their day instead.

>How preachy of you. Maybe to already do as you say.

I do have a 97 year old that I visit weekly, so I don't feel preachy
at all, I know how she values the visits because her two are in
Barbados and Ottawa, so are not visiting that often. I would suggest
that is far more valuable than putting some flowers in the road.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>I figure it is because they like to be seen doing it, who knows, they
>>>might wind up on social media. I find it ostentatious, better they
>>>take that time and the flowers and go visit some elderly senior and
>>>lighten their day instead.

>>How preachy of you. Maybe to already do as you say.

>I do have a 97 year old that I visit weekly, so I don't feel preachy
>at all, I know how she values the visits because her two are in
>Barbados and Ottawa, so are not visiting that often. I would suggest
>that is far more valuable than putting some flowers in the road.

But what does other people's mourning have to do with you visiting a
97 year old? It doesn't make sense.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/29/2018 8:00 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> How preachy of you. Maybe to already do as you say.

>> I do have a 97 year old that I visit weekly, so I don't feel preachy
>> at all, I know how she values the visits because her two are in
>> Barbados and Ottawa, so are not visiting that often. I would suggest
>> that is far more valuable than putting some flowers in the road.

> But what does other people's mourning have to do with you visiting a
> 97 year old? It doesn't make sense.

It is a better use of flowers. I don't get how buying flowers for a
person I never met and leaving them at a make shift shrine is going to
make me, or anyone else feel better. Except the florist. If it is a
celebrity, there are piles of flowers that just end up in the dump.

I buy flowers for my wife and a couple of friends and they appreciate
them while still alive to do so.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-29 7:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> I do have a 97 year old that I visit weekly, so I don't feel preachy
>>> at all, I know how she values the visits because her two are in
>>> Barbados and Ottawa, so are not visiting that often.Â* I would suggest
>>> that is far more valuable than putting some flowers in the road.

>> But what does other people's mourning have to do with you visiting a
>> 97 year old? It doesn't make sense.
>>

> It is a better use of flowers.Â* I don't get how buying flowers for a
> person I never met and leaving them at a make shift shrine is going to
> make me, or anyone else feel better.Â* Except the florist.Â* If it is a
> celebrity, there are piles of flowers that just end up in the dump.
>
> I buy flowers for my wife and a couple of friends and they appreciate
> them while still alive to do so.

My mother hated the idea of cut flowers. Therefore, the only flowers at
her funeral were in a display piece on her coffin.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 9:57:50 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I don't much care about other people's dearly departed. I was
> commenting on what I'd probably do if mine was killed in traffic:
> avoid the location where he was killed.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the clarification. OTOH, creating a roadside memorial and attacking the horrible truth head-on might work out better than avoiding that section of the road. Embrace reality rather than try to avoid it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 11:04:49 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> You and I are old fashioned. People these days seem to think that
> everyone in the world has to be aware of the tragedy so that we can
> share their grief. They can buy a funeral plot if they want a
> commemorative monument.

Asians, Pacific Islanders, and Mexicans, like to remember and honor the dead. I've been going to my grandparent's funeral services for almost my entire life. The last one was a couple of years ago. I think that by the time you get to the last anniversary remembrance service, everybody is gonna be dead. Here's what happened yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U077rDgRUh8

Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:

> >> Similar case in London recently where a senior stabbed a gypsy
> >> breaking into his house.

> That senior is now living in hiding and his house is boarded up as the
> Gypsy community, of which the burglar was a member, has threatened
> deadly revenge!!

"Thinner"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 6:53:56 PM UTC-4, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Tue, 29 May 2018 17:10:56 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
> >On 2018-05-29 4:06 PM, wrote:
> >> On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 2:15:40 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >>>

> >> Ok, I'm going to keep the white bicycle memorials to myself.
> >>
> >> We have bicycle lanes EVERYWHERE but at least once a year someone
> >> is killed riding one and it's usually because they decided to ride
> >> in regular traffic or run red lights and stop signs. If the white
> >> bicycle thing gets around we'll have those here, too.

> >Groups of cyclists often stop at the corner bakery coffee shop. One day
> >a bunch of them were sitting at the table next to me and talking about a
> >new bike lane. One of them boasted that he rides on the line. And they
> >wonder why cyclists get hit so often.
> >
> >It's bad enough that road traffic is messed up a couple times a year to
> >accommodate bicycle races, but the location of the races attracts
> >bicyclists who train on the local roads. They ride 2-3 abreast in large
> >groups, refuse to move over for cars and blow through stop signs. There
> >are rural roads, and they don't usually bother to put up stop signs
> >until there have been a couple crashes at the intersection.
> >

> where I live, my main route along the base of the foothills, is used
> for bicycle races virtually every Saturday. During the week the
> bicycle clubs cycle en mass on this route. There's a nice wide bike
> lane but it won't accommodate 6-8 abreast. I'm supposed to "share'
> the road. This road is hilly and winding and is double yellow all the
> way. You can't see oncoming traffic because of hills and twists on
> the road. The bikers curse if you pass too close but are fully
> willing to force automobile traffic into oncoming traffic. I have no
> respect for bicycle riders.
> Janet US

"Share the road" generally means, "We'll do what we want and drivers
will have to suck it, because it looks really bad in court when a
2500-pound vehicle kills a poor, defenseless bicyclist."

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 7:08:03 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Tue, 29 May 2018 16:40:10 -0600, graham > wrote:

> >> You and I are old fashioned.Â* People these days seem to think that
> >> everyone in the world has to be aware of the tragedy so that we can
> >> share their grief. They can buy a funeral plot if they want a
> >> commemorative monument.
> >>

> >I can't understand why people, after an accident or other tragedy, feel
> >it necessary to dump flowers and teddy bears at the scene.

> I figure it is because they like to be seen doing it, who knows, they
> might wind up on social media. I find it ostentatious, better they
> take that time and the flowers and go visit some elderly senior and
> lighten their day instead.

They were doing it before social media existed. I've seen those
things on the roadside for nearly 30 years.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 4:42:58 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 29 May 2018 12:57:46 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> One cannot go anywhere without seeing them on this rock. My guess is that I can probably go down the street to the hardware store. After that, all bets are off.

> >I don't much care about other people's dearly departed. I was
> >commenting on what I'd probably do if mine was killed in traffic:
> >avoid the location where he was killed.

> People don't come much colder than Cindy.

Thank you, Bruce. I do try.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 2:18:08 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 9:57:50 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > I don't much care about other people's dearly departed. I was
> > commenting on what I'd probably do if mine was killed in traffic:
> > avoid the location where he was killed.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the clarification. OTOH, creating a roadside memorial and attacking the horrible truth head-on might work out better than avoiding that section of the road. Embrace reality rather than try to avoid it.

I'd embrace the reality every day when he wasn't home.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 May 2018 03:26:50 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 6:53:56 PM UTC-4, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 May 2018 17:10:56 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>> >Groups of cyclists often stop at the corner bakery coffee shop. One day
>> >a bunch of them were sitting at the table next to me and talking about a
>> >new bike lane. One of them boasted that he rides on the line. And they
>> >wonder why cyclists get hit so often.
>> >
>> >It's bad enough that road traffic is messed up a couple times a year to
>> >accommodate bicycle races, but the location of the races attracts
>> >bicyclists who train on the local roads. They ride 2-3 abreast in large
>> >groups, refuse to move over for cars and blow through stop signs. There
>> >are rural roads, and they don't usually bother to put up stop signs
>> >until there have been a couple crashes at the intersection.
>> >

>> where I live, my main route along the base of the foothills, is used
>> for bicycle races virtually every Saturday. During the week the
>> bicycle clubs cycle en mass on this route. There's a nice wide bike
>> lane but it won't accommodate 6-8 abreast. I'm supposed to "share'
>> the road. This road is hilly and winding and is double yellow all the
>> way. You can't see oncoming traffic because of hills and twists on
>> the road. The bikers curse if you pass too close but are fully
>> willing to force automobile traffic into oncoming traffic. I have no
>> respect for bicycle riders.
>> Janet US

>"Share the road" generally means, "We'll do what we want and drivers
>will have to suck it, because it looks really bad in court when a
>2500-pound vehicle kills a poor, defenseless bicyclist."

Bike riders are superior to redneck car drivers in every way. Car
drivers know that, so they hate bike riders.

Reminds you of carnivores versus vegetarians, by any chance?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 May 2018 03:28:24 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 4:42:58 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 May 2018 12:57:46 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >I don't much care about other people's dearly departed. I was
>> >commenting on what I'd probably do if mine was killed in traffic:
>> >avoid the location where he was killed.

>> People don't come much colder than Cindy.

>Thank you, Bruce. I do try.

Don't thank me. It's the picture you paint of yourself here. Cold to
the point of psychiatric.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-30 3:22 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 11:04:49 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>

>> You and I are old fashioned. People these days seem to think that
>> everyone in the world has to be aware of the tragedy so that we can
>> share their grief. They can buy a funeral plot if they want a
>> commemorative monument.

> Asians, Pacific Islanders, and Mexicans, like to remember and honor the dead. I've been going to my grandparent's funeral services for almost my entire life. The last one was a couple of years ago. I think that by the time you get to the last anniversary remembrance service, everybody is gonna be dead.

Lots of people remember and honour the dead. What some of us object to
is the roadside memorials erected to commemorate people who died as a
result of careless actions on their part. Someone gets killed doing
something stupid and then everyone going by has to see the reminder of
that idiotic behaviour.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...

>> That senior is now living in hiding and his house is boarded up as the
>> Gypsy community, of which the burglar was a member, has threatened
>> deadly revenge!!

> "Thinner"

LOL, great movie.

Cheri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 2:41:07 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> Lots of people remember and honour the dead. What some of us object to
> is the roadside memorials erected to commemorate people who died as a
> result of careless actions on their part. Someone gets killed doing
> something stupid and then everyone going by has to see the reminder of
> that idiotic behaviour.

It's probably somewhat dangerous to lay out these things by the side of the road but we go along with it because it's something that these broken hearted people feel they have to do. It's a part of the grieving process and we should accomidate and respect this.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> Lots of people remember and honour the dead. What some of us object to
> is the roadside memorials erected to commemorate people who died as a
> result of careless actions on their part. Someone gets killed doing
> something stupid and then everyone going by has to see the reminder of
> that idiotic behaviour.

I agree with Cindy. If one of my family members died on a certain
road, I would probably just avoid that road from then on.
Especially if there was a cross there relating to that.

Such a tragic event, I would NOT want to be reminded of it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 10:29:22 PM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> "Thinner"

White man from town make big mistake! A gypsy put a curse on me. I can't make mayo anymore. As far as gypsy curses goes, it could be worse.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-30 9:20 AM, l not -l wrote:
> On 30-May-2018, wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 6:53:56 PM UTC-4, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Tue, 29 May 2018 17:10:56 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> where I live, my main route along the base of the foothills, is used
>>> for bicycle races virtually every Saturday. During the week the
>>> bicycle clubs cycle en mass on this route. There's a nice wide bike
>>> lane but it won't accommodate 6-8 abreast. I'm supposed to "share'
>>> the road. This road is hilly and winding and is double yellow all the
>>> way. You can't see oncoming traffic because of hills and twists on
>>> the road. The bikers curse if you pass too close but are fully
>>> willing to force automobile traffic into oncoming traffic. I have no
>>> respect for bicycle riders.
>>> Janet US

>> "Share the road" generally means, "We'll do what we want and drivers
>> will have to suck it, because it looks really bad in court when a
>> 2500-pound vehicle kills a poor, defenseless bicyclist."

> +1
> There are many bicyclists in my community and it is the rare one that
> actually obeys traffic signs and "rules of the road". That coupled with
> their slow speed makes them a menace on the roads.

I drive a car, I also walk and I also ride a bike!
I can guarantee that in any 2km car trip on the main roads, if I were a
cop I could write at least 2 tickets to motorists misbehaving.
I follow the road rules when I'm on my bike as do the majority of
cyclists. A few give us a bad name but then "holier than thou" motorists
are just as bad and potentially more deadly.
At least cyclists are getting excercise and are not polluting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-30 7:39 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 30 May 2018 03:26:50 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 6:53:56 PM UTC-4, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Tue, 29 May 2018 17:10:56 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> where I live, my main route along the base of the foothills, is used
>>> for bicycle races virtually every Saturday. During the week the
>>> bicycle clubs cycle en mass on this route. There's a nice wide bike
>>> lane but it won't accommodate 6-8 abreast. I'm supposed to "share'
>>> the road. This road is hilly and winding and is double yellow all the
>>> way. You can't see oncoming traffic because of hills and twists on
>>> the road. The bikers curse if you pass too close but are fully
>>> willing to force automobile traffic into oncoming traffic. I have no
>>> respect for bicycle riders.
>>> Janet US

>> "Share the road" generally means, "We'll do what we want and drivers
>> will have to suck it, because it looks really bad in court when a
>> 2500-pound vehicle kills a poor, defenseless bicyclist."

> Bike riders are superior to redneck car drivers in every way. Car
> drivers know that, so they hate bike riders.

Bull shit. Most of them are just average people who thing they become
physically superior because they are exercising. Most of them are
licensed drivers who should know better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-30 9:52 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 2:41:07 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> Lots of people remember and honour the dead. What some of us object
>> to is the roadside memorials erected to commemorate people who died
>> as a result of careless actions on their part. Someone gets killed
>> doing something stupid and then everyone going by has to see the
>> reminder of that idiotic behaviour.

> It's probably somewhat dangerous to lay out these things by the side
> of the road but we go along with it because it's something that these
> broken hearted people feel they have to do. It's a part of the
> grieving process and we should accomidate and respect this.

Nuts to that. Not when they are people whose behaviour endangered them
and anyone sharing the road with them at the time. I don't think I
should be expected to accommodate people commemorating a dangerous fool
who got himself killed.

I appreciate the actions of my neighbour who took down the shine on her
property and told the visitors to get off her property. She was
probably more traumatized by the incident that she witnessed than they
were.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-30 11:20 AM, l not -l wrote:
> On 30-May-2018, wrote:
>
>> "Share the road" generally means, "We'll do what we want and drivers
>> will have to suck it, because it looks really bad in court when a
>> 2500-pound vehicle kills a poor, defenseless bicyclist."

> +1
> There are many bicyclists in my community and it is the rare one that
> actually obeys traffic signs and "rules of the road". That coupled with
> their slow speed makes them a menace on the roads.

I don't have a problem with cyclists on the road. They have as much
right to be on them as cars do. However, I expect them to share the
road, to allow cars to go by, to keep as far right as practicable, to
stay off sidewalks and out of cross walks, to stop at stop signs and
traffic lights, to use signals and to have the proper lighting when
riding at night.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-30 11:27 AM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-05-30 9:20 AM, l not -l wrote:

> I drive a car, I also walk and I also ride a bike!
> I can guarantee that in any 2km car trip on the main roads, if I were a
> cop I could write at least 2 tickets to motorists misbehaving.
> I follow the road rules when I'm on my bike as do the majority of
> cyclists. A few give us a bad name but then "holier than thou" motorists
> are just as bad and potentially more deadly.
> At least cyclists are getting excercise and are not polluting.

They pollute when they drive somewhere to cycle. Trust me. I live in an
area that is popular with cyclists. The put their bikes on car racks
and drive a few miles. There is a park on the edge of a nearby city that
is a great spot for hiking. The lots are often full of cars with empty
bike racks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 8:53:04 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> Nuts to that. Not when they are people whose behaviour endangered them
> and anyone sharing the road with them at the time. I don't think I
> should be expected to accommodate people commemorating a dangerous fool
> who got himself killed.
>
> I appreciate the actions of my neighbour who took down the shine on her
> property and told the visitors to get off her property. She was
> probably more traumatized by the incident that she witnessed than they
> were.

People that live on a big rock can afford to think of stuff like that. I'm glad to live on a small rock that that does not allow people to think only of themselves.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-30 3:29 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 8:53:04 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> Nuts to that. Not when they are people whose behaviour endangered
>> them and anyone sharing the road with them at the time. I don't
>> think I should be expected to accommodate people commemorating a
>> dangerous fool who got himself killed.
>>
>> I appreciate the actions of my neighbour who took down the shine on
>> her property and told the visitors to get off her property. She
>> was probably more traumatized by the incident that she witnessed
>> than they were.

> People that live on a big rock can afford to think of stuff like
> that. I'm glad to live on a small rock that that does not allow
> people to think only of themselves.

I think that we differ on who we consider to be thinking only of
themselves. When someone is killed as a result of their own stupidity
and the family puts of some sort of commemoration I would suggest they
are thinking only of themselves. Many others object to them.

I thought I had given a pretty good example. A guy sells drugs to his
little brother. The little brother dies. Big brother goes to a funeral,
possibly a wake, then goes out to celebrate at the casino. Since he is a
drug dealer, they likely did some drugs. They also drank enough that
they were over the limit. The driver hits a car full of innocent people.
I am not saying they deserved to die, but, being the authors of their
own misfortune, they should not a rate a roadside memorial. There are
lots of cemeteries for stuff like that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 May 2018 06:52:02 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 2:41:07 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> Lots of people remember and honour the dead. What some of us object to
>> is the roadside memorials erected to commemorate people who died as a
>> result of careless actions on their part. Someone gets killed doing
>> something stupid and then everyone going by has to see the reminder of
>> that idiotic behaviour.

>It's probably somewhat dangerous to lay out these things by the side of the road but we go along with it because it's something that these broken hearted people feel they have to do. It's a part of the grieving process and we should accomidate and respect this.

I agree. The rest is petty bickering.

Low fiber diet WAS: Colonoscopy [email protected] General Cooking 52 31-10-2014 04:39 AM
High fiber recipe? KenK General Cooking 11 31-05-2013 05:55 PM
Deducting fiber from carbs. Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 11 18-02-2013 05:11 AM
uhhhhh...fiber? z z General Cooking 6 14-06-2012 07:11 PM
Low fat low fiber vegetarian diet Jupiter Vegan 20 12-02-2004 02:49 AM