Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.politics

Default New Food Processor

On 11/25/2016 4:28 PM, Jebus wrote:
> I never successfully learned to iron,

Why the **** do you think ANYONE here would give a flying rat's ass?????

Lonely much?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 2016-11-25 3:52 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Ed Pawlowski wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > I'm with ya. We had the linoleum replaced recently and found it
> > (newer version) cleans easier than the older surfaces did. I
> > wouldnt replace a kitchen floor just for that, but if you are about
> > to, it's an unexpected benefit. Once a month will handle the floors
> > if wondering. Thats a person with the right gear and they do it in
> > about 15 minutes.

> My wife insisted that we should get a ceramic tile floor in the
> kitchen. She insisted it was easy to clean maintain. It cost a
> pretty penny to have it done because we had to get the lath first.
> Our first choice tile was not available so I made an executive
> decision and for the egg shell. Our dog are the time was black.
> Between his foot prints and hair I had never realized that our
> brownish style tile floor was so dirty. The ceramic was indeed easier
> to clean, and it had to be done at least once a day.

Ours is a light tan with browner bits and looks a bit like stone work.
Sweeps clean for the most part.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 17:52:31 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2016-11-25 3:37 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>

>> A house cleaner would be more work for me. I would have to clean
>> before they came to clean.

>Ain't that the truth. There's half the problem solved right there. Maybe
>people could save money by tricking themselves into thinking the cleaner
>is coming.

I think Ophelia is the only one who got it.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 5:28:32 PM UTC-6, Jebus wrote:

> I never successfully learned to iron, my efforts just made the clothes look even worse
>
> Mind you, I only tried two or three times and that was more than thirty years ago. Much easier to not own clothing that requires ironing... Or just get someone else do it.

I don't know about anyone else here but I certainly appreciate
a nice sharp crease in my slacks as well as men's trousers. So
many people I see these days their clothes, especially dress
clothes, have never had a hot iron touch them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2016 6:00 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-11-25 5:37 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> People still iron? I thought that went out of fashion with drive-in
>> cinemas and the Lucille Ball Show.

> When I buy shirts I always check the cleaning instructions. If it has to
> be ironed I don't get it.

Same here, but I have two shirts that the collar does not lay right
unless ironed. Often a long time between wearing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2016 2:50 PM, Janet wrote:

> A once a month cleaner could clean windows, scrub floors, polish
> furniture, move heavy furniture to clean under it, vacuum curtains,
> clean high stuff that's hard to reach, clean the stairs.
>
> Leaving Ed to do the regular light stuff within reach, like dusting,
> vacuuming, mopping the floor.
>
> Janet UK

That is pretty much the idea. I'm not good at windows no matter what I
try. In fact, I'm having another 6 replaced so they can be cleaned from
inside. Exterior trim is being replaced too, no more painting as I
don't want to have to stand on a ladder 6 or 8 years from now.

I used to do everything, including major work at home. Now i find it
easier to write a check.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 18:09:06 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On 2016-11-25 3:52 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> > Ed Pawlowski wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> > I'm with ya. We had the linoleum replaced recently and found it
>> > (newer version) cleans easier than the older surfaces did. I
>> > wouldnt replace a kitchen floor just for that, but if you are about
>> > to, it's an unexpected benefit. Once a month will handle the floors
>> > if wondering. Thats a person with the right gear and they do it in
>> > about 15 minutes.

>> My wife insisted that we should get a ceramic tile floor in the
>> kitchen. She insisted it was easy to clean maintain. It cost a
>> pretty penny to have it done because we had to get the lath first.
>> Our first choice tile was not available so I made an executive
>> decision and for the egg shell. Our dog are the time was black.
>> Between his foot prints and hair I had never realized that our
>> brownish style tile floor was so dirty. The ceramic was indeed easier
>> to clean, and it had to be done at least once a day.

>Ours is a light tan with browner bits and looks a bit like stone work.

The floor or the dog?

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message

> A house cleaner would be more work for me. I would have to clean
> before they came to clean.
> Janet US

Yes, I hear you.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 11/25/2016 6:00 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2016-11-25 5:37 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> People still iron? I thought that went out of fashion with drive-in
>>> cinemas and the Lucille Ball Show.

>> When I buy shirts I always check the cleaning instructions. If it has to
>> be ironed I don't get it.
>>

> Same here, but I have two shirts that the collar does not lay right unless
> ironed. Often a long time between wearing.

I don't really buy shirts anymore that have to be ironed, but fortunately my
MIL taught all her boys to iron and sometimes when we were going on a date
it had to be delayed until he got his school shirts ironed for the week. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2016 5:57 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> My wife insisted that we should get a ceramic tile floor in the kitchen.
> She insisted it was easy to clean maintain. It cost a pretty penny to
> have it done because we had to get the lath first. Our first choice tile
> was not available so I made an executive decision and for the egg shell.
> Our dog are the time was black. Between his foot prints and hair I had
> never realized that our brownish style tile floor was so dirty. The
> ceramic was indeed easier to clean, and it had to be done at least once
> a day.

Smart woman. Ceramic tile is great. We have it in both bathrooms and
the downstairs hallway. Eventually it will be in the kitchen. Easy to
keep clean.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message
T...

In article >, Ophelia says...

> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
>
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 10:48:17 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> >
> >> During the years I was working, I had a cleaner. She would come in two
> >> days a week and that was fine.
> >>
> >> I suppose it depends on how much time you have to keep up yourself.

> >If I could afford it (or justify it) I would have a housecleaner, but I
> >have
> >better things to spend my money on, like housecleaning gadgets. ;-)
> >
> >Cheri

> A house cleaner would be more work for me. I would have to clean
> before they came to clean.
> Janet US
>
> =================
>
> LOL I've heared about people like you)))

That's only a matter of having the cleaner come often enough that you
don't have to to make such a mess that you have to clean up before the
cleaner comes.

===============

I suppose. I can't say I ever bothered.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message

In article >, graham says...

> On 11/25/2016 1:37 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 10:48:17 -0800, "Cheri" >
> > wrote:

> >> If I could afford it (or justify it) I would have a housecleaner, but I
> >> have
> >> better things to spend my money on, like housecleaning gadgets. ;-)
> >>
> >> Cheri

> > A house cleaner would be more work for me. I would have to clean
> > before they came to clean.
> > Janet US
> >

> My sister keeps her house spotless but still uses a cleaner, who also
> does the ironing. She has been trying to persuade me to use one but I
> can't bring myself to find one.

People still iron? I thought that went out of fashion with drive-in
cinemas and the Lucille Ball Show.

================

Not in this house. My husband (ex military) irons his own things and mine
too if I need it. I haven't touched an iron in years)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 17:52:31 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2016-11-25 3:37 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>

>> A house cleaner would be more work for me. I would have to clean
>> before they came to clean.

>Ain't that the truth. There's half the problem solved right there. Maybe
>people could save money by tricking themselves into thinking the cleaner
>is coming.

I think Ophelia is the only one who got it.
Janet US

==

;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 9:28:06 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 5:28:32 PM UTC-6, Jebus wrote:
> >
> > I never successfully learned to iron, my efforts just made the clothes look even worse
> >
> > Mind you, I only tried two or three times and that was more than thirty years ago. Much easier to not own clothing that requires ironing... Or just get someone else do it.
> >

> I don't know about anyone else here but I certainly appreciate
> a nice sharp crease in my slacks as well as men's trousers. So
> many people I see these days their clothes, especially dress
> clothes, have never had a hot iron touch them.

Raises hand.

My husband wears jeans or sweats. I wear knits, or just make do
with taking my chinos out of the dryer and hanging them up.

Next weekend we've got my husband's company's Christmas do.
I'm wearing the chinos and a nice red blouse that I got at the
Goodwill. He's wearing chinos and a Santa Claus Hawaiian shirt.
Most of the people there will be fairly dressed up. I'll look
ok from across the room, and DH will be the class clown.
The last one of these we went to, there was one guy in a t-shirt,
so I'm sure he won't be the worst-dressed man there.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 18:27:58 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 5:28:32 PM UTC-6, Jebus wrote:
>>
>> I never successfully learned to iron, my efforts just made the clothes look even worse
>>
>> Mind you, I only tried two or three times and that was more than thirty years ago.
>> Much easier to not own clothing that requires ironing... Or just get someone else do it.
>>

>I don't know about anyone else here but I certainly appreciate
>a nice sharp crease in my slacks as well as men's trousers. So
>many people I see these days their clothes, especially dress
>clothes, have never had a hot iron touch them.

I iron clothes/bedding all the time, my mom made me iron... then I
ironed all my navy uniforms. I still iron clothes, bedding, and my
wife's bras. I do all the laundry here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 20:01:06 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>>> When I buy shirts I always check the cleaning instructions. If it has to
>>> be ironed I don't get it.
>>>

>> Same here, but I have two shirts that the collar does not lay right unless
>> ironed. Often a long time between wearing.

>I don't really buy shirts anymore that have to be ironed, but fortunately my
>MIL taught all her boys to iron and sometimes when we were going on a date
>it had to be delayed until he got his school shirts ironed for the week. LOL
>
>Cheri

There's an ironing board with steam iron always set up in our
spare/guest bedroom... no big deal to iron a garment or three. The
ironing board is one of those 3/4 sized, easily hangs on the back of
closet door if need be. Mostly it's cotton slacks that need ironing,
and I iron linen kitchen towels.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-11-25 11:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/25/2016 5:57 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>

>> Our first choice tile
>> was not available so I made an executive decision and for the egg shell.
>> Our dog are the time was black. Between his foot prints and hair I had
>> never realized that our brownish style tile floor was so dirty. The
>> ceramic was indeed easier to clean, and it had to be done at least once
>> a day.
>>

> Smart woman. Ceramic tile is great. We have it in both bathrooms and
> the downstairs hallway. Eventually it will be in the kitchen. Easy to
> keep clean.

The tile is easy to clean, but it is is better to get a darker colour
so that you don't realized how dirty it is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

> There's an ironing board with steam iron always set up in our
> spare/guest bedroom... no big deal to iron a garment or three. The
> ironing board is one of those 3/4 sized, easily hangs on the back of
> closet door if need be. Mostly it's cotton slacks that need ironing,
> and I iron linen kitchen towels.

So you iron
- bedding
- bras
- kitchen towels

And someone else irons t-shirts and jeans.

REALLY? LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/26/2016 9:52 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-11-25 11:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> Smart woman. Ceramic tile is great. We have it in both bathrooms and
>> the downstairs hallway. Eventually it will be in the kitchen. Easy to
>> keep clean.

> The tile is easy to clean, but it is is better to get a darker colour
> so that you don't realized how dirty it is.

That's what drove my sil crazy, they put in dark wood floors and every
piece of dust showed. They were constantly mopping. just like my
black car looks dustier than my white car ever did.

Better off with a mottled finish of some sort.

Tile's easy to clean. It's where they meet that is a dirt magnet.
If you can grout so it's level with the tile, it wouldn't be bad.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> Tile's easy to clean. It's where they meet that is a dirt magnet.
> If you can grout so it's level with the tile, it wouldn't be bad.

And also get a good sealer on the grout. Plain grout is a dirt magnet
that can never be cleaned properly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 09:51:22 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 20:01:06 -0800, "Cheri" >
>wrote:

>>> Same here, but I have two shirts that the collar does not lay right unless
>>> ironed. Often a long time between wearing.

>>I don't really buy shirts anymore that have to be ironed, but fortunately my
>>MIL taught all her boys to iron and sometimes when we were going on a date
>>it had to be delayed until he got his school shirts ironed for the week. LOL
>>
>>Cheri

>There's an ironing board with steam iron always set up in our
>spare/guest bedroom... no big deal to iron a garment or three. The
>ironing board is one of those 3/4 sized, easily hangs on the back of
>closet door if need be. Mostly it's cotton slacks that need ironing,
>and I iron linen kitchen towels.

I gotta ask . . . what kind of World War II bras does she wear that
require ironing??
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 10:42:36 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 09:51:22 -0500, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 20:01:06 -0800, "Cheri" >
> >wrote:

> >>I don't really buy shirts anymore that have to be ironed, but fortunately my
> >>MIL taught all her boys to iron and sometimes when we were going on a date
> >>it had to be delayed until he got his school shirts ironed for the week. LOL
> >>
> >>Cheri

> >There's an ironing board with steam iron always set up in our
> >spare/guest bedroom... no big deal to iron a garment or three. The
> >ironing board is one of those 3/4 sized, easily hangs on the back of
> >closet door if need be. Mostly it's cotton slacks that need ironing,
> >and I iron linen kitchen towels.

> I gotta ask . . . what kind of World War II bras does she wear that
> require ironing??
> Janet US

I didn't want to say anything, but if my husband took an iron
to my bras, you'd be able to hear the yelling where you are.

Luckily, he pretty much confines himself to putting it on his
head when he finds one lying around. No idea why he does that,
but it's ridiculously funny.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/26/2016 10:37 AM, Gary wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> Tile's easy to clean. It's where they meet that is a dirt magnet.
>> If you can grout so it's level with the tile, it wouldn't be bad.

> And also get a good sealer on the grout. Plain grout is a dirt magnet
> that can never be cleaned properly.

I don't know if it's additives or integral with modern grout,
but mine doesn't mildew or absorb dirt. Much easier than the
old stuff. Plus I told the tile guy, grout lines, piquito!
(laugh) We had a laugh, that's not the word. He got me.

The only place where I have any mildew is where the corner
shelves meet the wall, and the tub meets the wall. Tilex
does next to nothing. I finally found Zep mildew spray.
Perfect. $1.98 at Home Depot or Lowes. Zep Mold Stain &
Mildew remover.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/26/2016 10:37 AM, Gary wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> Tile's easy to clean. It's where they meet that is a dirt magnet.
>> If you can grout so it's level with the tile, it wouldn't be bad.

> And also get a good sealer on the grout. Plain grout is a dirt magnet
> that can never be cleaned properly.

Epoxy grout. No sealing, smoother finish, waterproof, easy to clean.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2016 9:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/25/2016 5:57 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>

>> My wife insisted that we should get a ceramic tile floor in the kitchen.
>> She insisted it was easy to clean maintain. It cost a pretty penny to
>> have it done because we had to get the lath first. Our first choice tile
>> was not available so I made an executive decision and for the egg shell.
>> Our dog are the time was black. Between his foot prints and hair I had
>> never realized that our brownish style tile floor was so dirty. The
>> ceramic was indeed easier to clean, and it had to be done at least once
>> a day.
>>

> Smart woman. Ceramic tile is great. We have it in both bathrooms and
> the downstairs hallway. Eventually it will be in the kitchen. Easy to
> keep clean.

But the GROUT is not!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/26/2016 11:47 AM, Sqwerts wrote:
> On 11/25/2016 9:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 11/25/2016 5:57 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>

>>> My wife insisted that we should get a ceramic tile floor in the kitchen.
>>> She insisted it was easy to clean maintain. It cost a pretty penny to
>>> have it done because we had to get the lath first. Our first choice tile
>>> was not available so I made an executive decision and for the egg shell.
>>> Our dog are the time was black. Between his foot prints and hair I had
>>> never realized that our brownish style tile floor was so dirty. The
>>> ceramic was indeed easier to clean, and it had to be done at least once
>>> a day.
>>>

>> Smart woman. Ceramic tile is great. We have it in both bathrooms and
>> the downstairs hallway. Eventually it will be in the kitchen. Easy to
>> keep clean.

> But the GROUT is not!

Sure it is. See earlier post about epoxy grout. There are now urethane
grouts but I've never tried them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 08:42:28 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 09:51:22 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 20:01:06 -0800, "Cheri" >
>>wrote:

>>>I don't really buy shirts anymore that have to be ironed, but fortunately my
>>>MIL taught all her boys to iron and sometimes when we were going on a date
>>>it had to be delayed until he got his school shirts ironed for the week. LOL
>>>
>>>Cheri

>>There's an ironing board with steam iron always set up in our
>>spare/guest bedroom... no big deal to iron a garment or three. The
>>ironing board is one of those 3/4 sized, easily hangs on the back of
>>closet door if need be. Mostly it's cotton slacks that need ironing,
>>and I iron linen kitchen towels.

>I gotta ask . . . what kind of World War II bras does she wear that
>require ironing??
>Janet US

Prolly has to wear some sort of bra that he prefers rather than her.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/26/2016 5:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> Next weekend we've got my husband's company's Christmas do.
> I'm wearing the chinos and a nice red blouse that I got at the
> Goodwill. He's wearing chinos and a Santa Claus Hawaiian shirt.
> Most of the people there will be fairly dressed up. I'll look
> ok from across the room, and DH will be the class clown.
> The last one of these we went to, there was one guy in a t-shirt,
> so I'm sure he won't be the worst-dressed man there.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Pretty needy for attention, aren't you both?

Maybe take a drowned possum along to cement your reputation as animal
torturers and narcissists.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/26/2016 7:31 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> I still iron clothes, bedding, and my
> wife's bras.

OMG!

Is she FLAT as a board?

NO ONE IRONS BRAS!

No wonder you have such a major titty obsession!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/26/2016 7:52 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> The tile is easy to clean,

The GROUT Is not, you dumb ****ing Canucklehead!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/26/2016 8:30 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> If you can grout so it's level with the tile, it wouldn't be bad.

WRONGO!!!!!

Grout is porous and will ALWAYS attract filth.

Get clue, dear.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/26/2016 8:37 AM, Gary wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> Tile's easy to clean. It's where they meet that is a dirt magnet.
>> If you can grout so it's level with the tile, it wouldn't be bad.

> And also get a good sealer on the grout. Plain grout is a dirt magnet
> that can never be cleaned properly.

+1!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/26/2016 8:59 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> I didn't want to say anything,

Why NOT???

> but if my husband took an iron
> to my bras, you'd be able to hear the yelling where you are.

Oh, got titty meat in abundance?

Or are you stuffing drowned possum's in 'em?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/26/2016 2:30 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce" wrote in message
>
> In article >, graham says...
>>
>> On 11/25/2016 1:37 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>> in >>> two

>> but I >> have

>> > A house cleaner would be more work for me. I would have to clean
>> > before they came to clean.
>> > Janet US
>> >

>> My sister keeps her house spotless but still uses a cleaner, who also
>> does the ironing. She has been trying to persuade me to use one but I
>> can't bring myself to find one.

> People still iron? I thought that went out of fashion with drive-in
> cinemas and the Lucille Ball Show.
>
> ================
>
> Not in this house. My husband (ex military) irons his own things and
> mine too if I need it. I haven't touched an iron in years)

I iron my shirts. I have some that are supposed to be non-iron and
wearable straight from the dryer - yeah, right! They still need touching
up, especially the collars.
During these cold months, I wear turtle necks that don't need ironing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/26/2016 9:39 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/26/2016 10:37 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>>
>>> Tile's easy to clean. It's where they meet that is a dirt magnet.
>>> If you can grout so it's level with the tile, it wouldn't be bad.

>> And also get a good sealer on the grout. Plain grout is a dirt magnet
>> that can never be cleaned properly.
>>

> Epoxy grout. No sealing, smoother finish, waterproof, easy to clean.

Shiny, un-natural looking, a poor choice.