Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New Food Processor

On 11/25/2016 10:02 AM, cshenk wrote:

>> We're about to get a once-a-month cleaning lady. I'm really looking
>> forward to having her. I won't have to feel too guilty about the fact
>> that I don't do too much around here.
>>
>> Doris

> I've thought about it but I think the money here would be better spent
> with someone to cut the grass for Don. I've not done much housework
> since 2001. I was either out to sea too much or it was after my back
> went really bad. Misdiagnosed by the Navy, it is no longer fixable.
> Only life changes make it workable and stable.

Karma works. When we moved here 35 years ago I used to help the elderly
neighbor with his lawn. I cut part of it and helped him with his
ancient riding mower. He passed away and the house was sold to a
younger couple. The past two years Jared has cut my grass and vacuumed
the leaves. He appreciates a good bourbon though.

I've been thinking about a once or twice a month cleaner though. Most
is easy to keep up but the kitchen floor sometimes need more than a
sponge mop.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Ed Pawlowski says...

> On 11/25/2016 10:02 AM, cshenk wrote:
>

> >> We're about to get a once-a-month cleaning lady. I'm really looking
> >> forward to having her. I won't have to feel too guilty about the fact
> >> that I don't do too much around here.
> >>
> >> Doris

> > I've thought about it but I think the money here would be better spent
> > with someone to cut the grass for Don. I've not done much housework
> > since 2001. I was either out to sea too much or it was after my back
> > went really bad. Misdiagnosed by the Navy, it is no longer fixable.
> > Only life changes make it workable and stable.
> >

> Karma works. When we moved here 35 years ago I used to help the elderly
> neighbor with his lawn. I cut part of it and helped him with his
> ancient riding mower. He passed away and the house was sold to a
> younger couple. The past two years Jared has cut my grass and vacuumed
> the leaves. He appreciates a good bourbon though.
>
> I've been thinking about a once or twice a month cleaner though. Most
> is easy to keep up but the kitchen floor sometimes need more than a
> sponge mop.

"Dear hired help, please xxx the kitchen floor, because mopping won't do
it."

What could xxx be? Sandblasting? Sterilising?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I've been thinking about a once or twice a month cleaner though. Most
> is easy to keep up but the kitchen floor sometimes need more than a
> sponge mop.

Better to start with once a week if you need help with housecleaning.
If you only want once a month, you are still capable of doing that.

Most of my customers have 1-3 days a week help. Some for half days and
others work them full days.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2016 11:01 AM, Bruce wrote:

>> I've been thinking about a once or twice a month cleaner though. Most
>> is easy to keep up but the kitchen floor sometimes need more than a
>> sponge mop.

> "Dear hired help, please xxx the kitchen floor, because mopping won't do
> it."
>
> What could xxx be? Sandblasting? Sterilising?

Probably sandblasting. Sometimes you get a splach and it dries and need
a good hand scrubbing. I'm not so quick getting on my knees these days.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I've been thinking about a once or twice a month cleaner though. Most
> is easy to keep up but the kitchen floor sometimes need more than a
> sponge mop.

Better to start with once a week if you need help with housecleaning.
If you only want once a month, you are still capable of doing that.

Most of my customers have 1-3 days a week help. Some for half days and
others work them full days.

=============

During the years I was working, I had a cleaner. She would come in two days
a week and that was fine.

I suppose it depends on how much time you have to keep up yourself.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 19:27:03 -0500, Brooklyn1

wrote:

>>>I use my (hand) mixer once or twice a month. I use my FP one or twice a
>>>year. It has to be for something that is enough work to make it worth
>>>digging it out cleaning it and putting it away again. Those are the
>>>occasions where there really is no substitute. One of the chores I use
>>>it for is cutting Seville orange peels for marmalade. It would easily
>>>take 20 minutes or more to slice them all up fine enough to make
>>>marmalade. The FP can cut them up in a minute.

>>YMMV but the mistake you make is having to 'dig it out' - mine stands
>>ready to go and nothing is quicker then dropping whatever into it,
>>with the added benefit it can all go into the dishwasher, a win/win
>>situation.

>A sharp chefs knife and a cutting board is doubly as fast as any home
>style food processor, does a FAR neater/precise job too, and takes
>under 15 seconds for clean up. Before you can prep a cabbage for cole
>slaw to fit your food processer I've shredded the cabbage with a chefs
>knife.... and nice long thin shreds.

Why aren't you using a scythe? I bet you could cut up your acreage in
half the time with your skills? And it would be no time at all to
clean up that tool
Things have changes since you last looked at a food processor 40 years
ago.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> YMMV but the mistake you make is having to 'dig it out' - mine stands
>>> ready to go and nothing is quicker then dropping whatever into it,
>>> with the added benefit it can all go into the dishwasher, a win/win
>>> situation.

>> A sharp chefs knife and a cutting board is doubly as fast as any home
>> style food processor, does a FAR neater/precise job too, and takes
>> under 15 seconds for clean up. Before you can prep a cabbage for cole
>> slaw to fit your food processer I've shredded the cabbage with a chefs
>> knife.... and nice long thin shreds.

> Why aren't you using a scythe? I bet you could cut up your acreage in
> half the time with your skills? And it would be no time at all to
> clean up that tool
> Things have changes since you last looked at a food processor 40 years
> ago.
> Janet US

LOLOL Ask him to give up his tractor?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 11:10:18 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 11/25/2016 11:01 AM, Bruce wrote:
>

>>> I've been thinking about a once or twice a month cleaner though. Most
>>> is easy to keep up but the kitchen floor sometimes need more than a
>>> sponge mop.

>> "Dear hired help, please xxx the kitchen floor, because mopping won't do
>> it."
>>
>> What could xxx be? Sandblasting? Sterilising?
>>

>Probably sandblasting. Sometimes you get a splach and it dries and need
>a good hand scrubbing. I'm not so quick getting on my knees these days.

I've been seeing this advertized on TV like crazy the past few days,
I've thought of getting one but can't find information if it will work
on hardwood floors without causing damage:
https://www.bissell.com/crosswave-al...-cleaner-1785a
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, jmcquown says...

> On 11/25/2016 11:31 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 19:27:03 -0500, Brooklyn1
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> A sharp chefs knife and a cutting board is doubly as fast as any
> >> home
> >> style food processor, does a FAR neater/precise job too, and takes
> >> under 15 seconds for clean up. Before you can prep a cabbage for cole
> >> slaw to fit your food processer I've shredded the cabbage with a chefs
> >> knife.... and nice long thin shreds.

> > Why aren't you using a scythe? I bet you could cut up your acreage in
> > half the time with your skills? And it would be no time at all to
> > clean up that tool
> > Things have changes since you last looked at a food processor 40 years
> > ago.
> > Janet US
> >

> LOLOL Ask him to give up his tractor?

I can mow that lawn with a pair of nail scissors before he gets his
tractor out of the barn.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 18:32:12 -0500, Doris Night
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 08:48:25 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

> >>They are usually available here in January or February, and I only see
> >>them in stock for a week or two.

> >Thanks. I'll watch for them.
> >
> >Doris

> I don't know about Ontario but here you have to be quick, they are a
> desirable item and come in and disappear very quickly

LOL. One year I was over on the mainland on a rather frazzled day of
errands when I spotted a greengrocer selling Seville oranges; knew I had
to snap them up quick. There I stood trying to remember the marmalade
recipe from the previous year. My recipe books are full of notes added
by me. Was it in pounds or kiligrams? Did it say "60 jars of jam takes
12 lb of oranges? or 12 kg? Or was that the sugar? Brain pain. So I
played safe and bought 12 kilograms of oranges.

I was on foot, travelling by bus and ferry... By the time I hauled
that huge 27 pound sack of oranges from the shop to the bus, off the
bus, to the harbour, up and back down the ferry gangplank and up the
hill to home my arms had stretched down to my knees and I had a sinking
feeling. Sure enough when I checked the recipe; I'd written "takes 12
pounds of oranges to make 60 jars". Not, 12 kilos (27 pounds).

Luckily, there was such a shortage of Sevilles that year that none
reached the island, so a couple of friends were very grateful to acquire
a supply from my sack.

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2016 5:07 PM, wrote:
> I don't know about Ontario

I do, wretched cold and snowy place.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2016 11:09 AM, Gary wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> I've been thinking about a once or twice a month cleaner though. Most
>> is easy to keep up but the kitchen floor sometimes need more than a
>> sponge mop.

> Better to start with once a week if you need help with housecleaning.
> If you only want once a month, you are still capable of doing that.
>
> Most of my customers have 1-3 days a week help. Some for half days and
> others work them full days.

We don't need that much. I'm easily able to keep up most of the routine
vacuuming, dusting, laundry, bathrooms. It is the "spring cleaning"
type I'd like help with.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.politics

On 11/25/2016 9:01 AM, Bruce wrote:
> What could xxx be? Sandblasting? Sterilising?

Your pedo newsgroups?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2016 12:36 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>> Probably sandblasting. Sometimes you get a splach and it dries and need
>> a good hand scrubbing. I'm not so quick getting on my knees these days.

> I've been seeing this advertized on TV like crazy the past few days,
> I've thought of getting one but can't find information if it will work
> on hardwood floors without causing damage:
> https://www.bissell.com/crosswave-al...-cleaner-1785a

Saw that the first time yesterday. It looks interesting, especially
since we have different surfaces such as wood, tile, linoleum. Could be
very handy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.politics

On 11/25/2016 10:47 AM, Bruce wrote:
> I can mow that lawn with a pair of nail scissors

You could give yourself a lobotomy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> During the years I was working, I had a cleaner. She would come in two
> days a week and that was fine.
>
> I suppose it depends on how much time you have to keep up yourself.

If I could afford it (or justify it) I would have a housecleaner, but I have
better things to spend my money on, like housecleaning gadgets. ;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>YMMV but the mistake you make is having to 'dig it out' - mine stands
>>>ready to go and nothing is quicker then dropping whatever into it,
>>>with the added benefit it can all go into the dishwasher, a win/win
>>>situation.

>>A sharp chefs knife and a cutting board is doubly as fast as any home
>>style food processor, does a FAR neater/precise job too, and takes
>>under 15 seconds for clean up. Before you can prep a cabbage for cole
>>slaw to fit your food processer I've shredded the cabbage with a chefs
>>knife.... and nice long thin shreds.

>Why aren't you using a scythe? I bet you could cut up your acreage in
>half the time with your skills? And it would be no time at all to
>clean up that tool
>Things have changes since you last looked at a food processor 40 years
>ago.
>Janet US

Nothing has changed regarding prepping to fit that tiny tube and
cleaning is still cleaning. I have a few neighbors who use fairly
modern processors, they still don't slice with the precision of a
chefs knife (not even close), nor do they slice cleanly... processor
blades are not truly sharp, they essentially tear through foods rather
than slice... they create a lot of juice... the torn edges oxidize
quickly... my commercial lawn mowers slice more cleanly.
When I shred cabbage for slaw I slice the head in half but leave the
core to hold all the leaves together while slicing with a very sharp
10" carbon steel chefs knife. I have no problem slicing around the
core. With a processor quarters won't fit in that tube, eighths may
not fit... and you need to remove the core so then the leaves flop
every which way so all you end up with are irregular small bits like
the slop slaw from a fast food joint, more rough grated than
shredded... then I'd rather chop cabbage with my meat grinder, which
I've done. I can neatly finely shred a 10 pound cabbage with a chef's
knife in about 10 minutes, clean-up takes mere seconds under the
kitchen tap.
Even those old time wooden mandoline-like slaw slicers are difficult
and they are dangerous.
A commercial food processor like those from Hobart work well but you
need to do enough volume to justify their price... and they still
can't slice as neatly/precisely as a sharp chefs knife.
Home style food processors are the most slovenly food appliances ever
invented, they do nothing well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message

> Home style food processors are the most slovenly food appliances ever
> invented, they do nothing well.

None of that is true, it might just be the "processer" who is using the food
processor that is the problem.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message

> Home style food processors are the most slovenly food appliances ever
> invented, they do nothing well.

None of that is true, it might just be the "processer" who is using the food
processor that is the problem.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 13:53:53 -0500, Brooklyn1

wrote:

>>>A sharp chefs knife and a cutting board is doubly as fast as any home
>>>style food processor, does a FAR neater/precise job too, and takes
>>>under 15 seconds for clean up. Before you can prep a cabbage for cole
>>>slaw to fit your food processer I've shredded the cabbage with a chefs
>>>knife.... and nice long thin shreds.

>>Why aren't you using a scythe? I bet you could cut up your acreage in
>>half the time with your skills? And it would be no time at all to
>>clean up that tool
>>Things have changes since you last looked at a food processor 40 years
>>ago.
>>Janet US

>Nothing has changed regarding prepping to fit that tiny tube and
>cleaning is still cleaning. I have a few neighbors who use fairly
>modern processors, they still don't slice with the precision of a
>chefs knife (not even close), nor do they slice cleanly... processor
>blades are not truly sharp, they essentially tear through foods rather
>than slice... they create a lot of juice... the torn edges oxidize
>quickly... my commercial lawn mowers slice more cleanly.
>When I shred cabbage for slaw I slice the head in half but leave the
>core to hold all the leaves together while slicing with a very sharp
>10" carbon steel chefs knife. I have no problem slicing around the
>core. With a processor quarters won't fit in that tube, eighths may
>not fit... and you need to remove the core so then the leaves flop
>every which way so all you end up with are irregular small bits like
>the slop slaw from a fast food joint, more rough grated than
>shredded... then I'd rather chop cabbage with my meat grinder, which
>I've done. I can neatly finely shred a 10 pound cabbage with a chef's
>knife in about 10 minutes, clean-up takes mere seconds under the
>kitchen tap.
>Even those old time wooden mandoline-like slaw slicers are difficult
>and they are dangerous.
>A commercial food processor like those from Hobart work well but you
>need to do enough volume to justify their price... and they still
>can't slice as neatly/precisely as a sharp chefs knife.
>Home style food processors are the most slovenly food appliances ever
>invented, they do nothing well.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It sounds like
a lot of operator malfuncion to me. Or someone refusing to admit that
he might be wrong. In all the time I've known you, you have had a
bias against food processors. Good enough. You use your knives and I
will do what I want to do in my kitchen.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 10:48:17 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>
>> During the years I was working, I had a cleaner. She would come in two
>> days a week and that was fine.
>>
>> I suppose it depends on how much time you have to keep up yourself.

>If I could afford it (or justify it) I would have a housecleaner, but I have
>better things to spend my money on, like housecleaning gadgets. ;-)
>
>Cheri

A house cleaner would be more work for me. I would have to clean
before they came to clean.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> cshenk wrote:
> >
> > Doris Night wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > whenever I >> feel like it without worrying about the clean-up.

> > > In addition to washing dishes, my husband also does all of the
> > > vacuuming, because my back can't take it. I'll dust, and do other
> > > things that don't involve too much bending, but vacuuming and
> > > mopping floors can really get to me.
> > >
> > > We're about to get a once-a-month cleaning lady. I'm really
> > > looking forward to having her. I won't have to feel too guilty
> > > about the fact that I don't do too much around here.
> > >
> > > Doris

> > I've thought about it but I think the money here would be better
> > spent with someone to cut the grass for Don. I've not done much
> > housework since 2001. I was either out to sea too much or it was
> > after my back went really bad. Misdiagnosed by the Navy, it is no
> > longer fixable. Only life changes make it workable and stable.
> >
> > --

> Lazy excuses, Carol. ehhe
> Above you said, "Actually, Don does most of the dishes here too
> and the lion's share of the house things (he's retired fully now)."
>
> Sounds like he didn't retire at all...he just switched to a job with
> no pay.

Oh I appreciate all he does, but the only 'child' here is 23 and she
does the vacumning and mopping. Empties the dishwasher and so on. She
took over cleaning the tub/shower after I fell (missed 2 days work and
lucky that was all). I got a safety rail on the outer lip now and we
already had one installed at the wall. I pretty much do the bathroom
mirrors, counter and toilet. Wipe up kitchen counters when I see they
need it. Bits-n-pieces here and there.

It may sound a little silly but Don and I were both older for a first
marriage and we'd had a lot of room mates. We knew that failing to
split tasks 'somehow', was a killer. So we made a list of the big
things and then made our own list of 'what we hated to do the most'
ending with what we didnt really mind.

We matched them and Don's top hate was cleaning bathrooms and mine was
laundry. After years of doing his own uniforms (he's also retired
Navy), he finds it a mindless soothing thing to spend 20 minutes or so
a week ironing what needs to be ironed so he does that too (most of my
stuff doenst need to be ironed but he likes to iron his blue jeans and
T-shirts).

Every one pitches in with storing groceries and picking up things and
Charlotte goes shopping with me so I dont have to worry about lifting
things (her payback is getting treats she likes ;-)

Oh, all 3 of us cook (and enjoy it) so it's never a problem with 'who
makes dinner' unless more than one of us want to on the same night.
Most of the time, that works out too as Charlotte mostly has ideas for
sides she wants to try, so Don or I will make the main to match her
idea.

Charlotte BTW right now is experimenting with a tomato sauce. She had
a hankering for home made spagetti and we found I was out of sauce
(pre-made) so is trying her hand at it with a can of sauce and one of
crushed tomatoes. Her approach is very interesting and I bet I will be
copying it! Stoplight mini-peppers that needed to be used up, set the
initial tone to which she added a bold amount of black pepper and now
she's filtering jars and sniffing things. She (and we) want something
a bit different. Should be good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 13:00:27 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 13:53:53 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>>A commercial food processor like those from Hobart work well but you
>>need to do enough volume to justify their price... and they still
>>can't slice as neatly/precisely as a sharp chefs knife.
>>Home style food processors are the most slovenly food appliances ever
>>invented, they do nothing well.

>I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It sounds like
>a lot of operator malfuncion to me. Or someone refusing to admit that
>he might be wrong. In all the time I've known you, you have had a
>bias against food processors. Good enough. You use your knives and I
>will do what I want to do in my kitchen.
>Janet US

I'm with you Janet, my Cuisinart does and always has, a fabulous job.
Certainly not spending time doing something a machine can do so
accurately for me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 11/25/2016 10:02 AM, cshenk wrote:
>

> > > We're about to get a once-a-month cleaning lady. I'm really
> > > looking forward to having her. I won't have to feel too guilty
> > > about the fact that I don't do too much around here.
> > >
> > > Doris

> > I've thought about it but I think the money here would be better
> > spent with someone to cut the grass for Don. I've not done much
> > housework since 2001. I was either out to sea too much or it was
> > after my back went really bad. Misdiagnosed by the Navy, it is no
> > longer fixable. Only life changes make it workable and stable.
> >

> Karma works. When we moved here 35 years ago I used to help the
> elderly neighbor with his lawn. I cut part of it and helped him with
> his ancient riding mower. He passed away and the house was sold to a
> younger couple. The past two years Jared has cut my grass and
> vacuumed the leaves. He appreciates a good bourbon though.
>
> I've been thinking about a once or twice a month cleaner though.
> Most is easy to keep up but the kitchen floor sometimes need more
> than a sponge mop.

I'm with ya. We had the linoleum replaced recently and found it (newer
version) cleans easier than the older surfaces did. I wouldnt replace
a kitchen floor just for that, but if you are about to, it's an
unexpected benefit. Once a month will handle the floors if wondering.
Thats a person with the right gear and they do it in about 15 minutes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> During the years I was working, I had a cleaner. She would come in two
> days a week and that was fine.
>
> I suppose it depends on how much time you have to keep up yourself.

If I could afford it (or justify it) I would have a housecleaner, but I have
better things to spend my money on, like housecleaning gadgets. ;-)

Cheri

=======================

Oh I stopped the cleaner when I retired. We have the work portioned out
nicely between us now He does all the floors and windows and I do the
rest and the cooking)

And yes .... Gadgets are GOOD)))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>
>> During the years I was working, I had a cleaner. She would come in two
>> days a week and that was fine.
>>
>> I suppose it depends on how much time you have to keep up yourself.

>If I could afford it (or justify it) I would have a housecleaner, but I
>have
>better things to spend my money on, like housecleaning gadgets. ;-)
>
>Cheri

A house cleaner would be more work for me. I would have to clean
before they came to clean.
Janet US

=================

LOL I've heared about people like you)))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2016 1:37 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 10:48:17 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>
>>> During the years I was working, I had a cleaner. She would come in two
>>> days a week and that was fine.
>>>
>>> I suppose it depends on how much time you have to keep up yourself.

>> If I could afford it (or justify it) I would have a housecleaner, but I have
>> better things to spend my money on, like housecleaning gadgets. ;-)
>>
>> Cheri

> A house cleaner would be more work for me. I would have to clean
> before they came to clean.
> Janet US

My sister keeps her house spotless but still uses a cleaner, who also
does the ironing. She has been trying to persuade me to use one but I
can't bring myself to find one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 3:37:12 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 10:48:17 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> >
> >> During the years I was working, I had a cleaner. She would come in two
> >> days a week and that was fine.
> >>
> >> I suppose it depends on how much time you have to keep up yourself.

> >If I could afford it (or justify it) I would have a housecleaner, but I have
> >better things to spend my money on, like housecleaning gadgets. ;-)
> >
> >Cheri

> A house cleaner would be more work for me. I would have to clean
> before they came to clean.

I have someone come in every other week. Sure, I pick up a
fortnight's worth of junk mail and throw it away, etc., but
it's really not that bad.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 12:30:48 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>I had a good time today with my new food processor. It'a KitcheAid 13
>cup. It does the usual stuff, but it also has a variable thickness
>slicer and a dicing device as well.
>I diced all the veggies for the stuffing. Sliced the apples for pie.
>Made the pie dough. And shredded the carrots for the orange jello.
>The stiffing is especially tasty this year. I added red bell pepper
>and fresh mushrooms. I used my dried sage as well as a bit of thyme
>and a smidge of poultry seasoning (something I'd never used before) I
>went back to stuffing of old and used ground beef instead of sausage.
>I like it better. I guess it's what you grow up with.
>
>Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
>
>Janet US

I love mine, especially for dicing mass quantities.

Only drawback I have seen is that some hard foods - chopped carrots,
for example, can leave pieces in the double rim of the cover.
Otherwise it is very handy and a workhorse.

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Ophelia says...

> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
>
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 10:48:17 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> >
> >> During the years I was working, I had a cleaner. She would come in two
> >> days a week and that was fine.
> >>
> >> I suppose it depends on how much time you have to keep up yourself.

> >If I could afford it (or justify it) I would have a housecleaner, but I
> >have
> >better things to spend my money on, like housecleaning gadgets. ;-)
> >
> >Cheri

> A house cleaner would be more work for me. I would have to clean
> before they came to clean.
> Janet US
>
> =================
>
> LOL I've heared about people like you)))

That's only a matter of having the cleaner come often enough that you
don't have to to make such a mess that you have to clean up before the
cleaner comes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, graham says...

> On 11/25/2016 1:37 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 10:48:17 -0800, "Cheri" >
> > wrote:

> >> If I could afford it (or justify it) I would have a housecleaner, but I have
> >> better things to spend my money on, like housecleaning gadgets. ;-)
> >>
> >> Cheri

> > A house cleaner would be more work for me. I would have to clean
> > before they came to clean.
> > Janet US
> >

> My sister keeps her house spotless but still uses a cleaner, who also
> does the ironing. She has been trying to persuade me to use one but I
> can't bring myself to find one.

People still iron? I thought that went out of fashion with drive-in
cinemas and the Lucille Ball Show.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.politics

On 11/25/2016 3:35 PM, Bruce wrote:
> That's only a matter of having the cleaner come often enough that you
> don't have to to make such a mess that you have to clean up before the
> cleaner comes.

You redefine the word insipid.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.politics

On 11/25/2016 3:37 PM, Bruce wrote:
> People still iron? I thought that went out of fashion with drive-in
> cinemas and the Lucille Ball Show.

Get out of your cave in Coober Peedy much, sodomite?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2016 3:31 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 12:30:48 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
> wrote:
>

>> I had a good time today with my new food processor. It'a KitcheAid 13
>> cup. It does the usual stuff, but it also has a variable thickness
>> slicer and a dicing device as well.
>> I diced all the veggies for the stuffing. Sliced the apples for pie.
>> Made the pie dough. And shredded the carrots for the orange jello.
>> The stiffing is especially tasty this year. I added red bell pepper
>> and fresh mushrooms. I used my dried sage as well as a bit of thyme
>> and a smidge of poultry seasoning (something I'd never used before) I
>> went back to stuffing of old and used ground beef instead of sausage.
>> I like it better. I guess it's what you grow up with.
>>
>> Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
>>
>> Janet US

> I love mine, especially for dicing mass quantities.
>
> Only drawback I have seen is that some hard foods - chopped carrots,
> for example, can leave pieces in the double rim of the cover.
> Otherwise it is very handy and a workhorse.
>
> Boron

Agreed!
2 days ago I made 2 batches of almond-hazel nut cookies sandwiching a
hazelnut chocolate cream filling and a batch of walnut- brown butter
"delices". Both would have been impossible without the FP.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-11-25 3:37 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> A house cleaner would be more work for me. I would have to clean
> before they came to clean.

Ain't that the truth. There's half the problem solved right there. Maybe
people could save money by tricking themselves into thinking the cleaner
is coming.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-11-25 3:52 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I'm with ya. We had the linoleum replaced recently and found it (newer
> version) cleans easier than the older surfaces did. I wouldnt replace
> a kitchen floor just for that, but if you are about to, it's an
> unexpected benefit. Once a month will handle the floors if wondering.
> Thats a person with the right gear and they do it in about 15 minutes.

My wife insisted that we should get a ceramic tile floor in the kitchen.
She insisted it was easy to clean maintain. It cost a pretty penny to
have it done because we had to get the lath first. Our first choice tile
was not available so I made an executive decision and for the egg shell.
Our dog are the time was black. Between his foot prints and hair I had
never realized that our brownish style tile floor was so dirty. The
ceramic was indeed easier to clean, and it had to be done at least once
a day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-11-25 5:37 PM, Bruce wrote:

> People still iron? I thought that went out of fashion with drive-in
> cinemas and the Lucille Ball Show.

When I buy shirts I always check the cleaning instructions. If it has to
be ironed I don't get it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2016 3:57 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> I made an executive decision and for the egg shell. Our dog are the time
> was black. Between his foot prints and hair I had never realized that
> our brownish style tile floor was so dirty.

You must be as dumb as a log.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I never successfully learned to iron, my efforts just made the clothes look even worse

Mind you, I only tried two or three times and that was more than thirty years ago. Much easier to not own clothing that requires ironing... Or just get someone else do it.