Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New Food Processor

I had a good time today with my new food processor. It'a KitcheAid 13
cup. It does the usual stuff, but it also has a variable thickness
slicer and a dicing device as well.
I diced all the veggies for the stuffing. Sliced the apples for pie.
Made the pie dough. And shredded the carrots for the orange jello.
The stiffing is especially tasty this year. I added red bell pepper
and fresh mushrooms. I used my dried sage as well as a bit of thyme
and a smidge of poultry seasoning (something I'd never used before) I
went back to stuffing of old and used ground beef instead of sausage.
I like it better. I guess it's what you grow up with.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> I had a good time today with my new food processor. It'a KitcheAid 13
> cup. It does the usual stuff, but it also has a variable thickness
> slicer and a dicing device as well.
> I diced all the veggies for the stuffing. Sliced the apples for pie.
> Made the pie dough. And shredded the carrots for the orange jello.
> The stiffing is especially tasty this year. I added red bell pepper
> and fresh mushrooms. I used my dried sage as well as a bit of thyme
> and a smidge of poultry seasoning (something I'd never used before) I
> went back to stuffing of old and used ground beef instead of sausage.
> I like it better. I guess it's what you grow up with.
>
> Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

You have a Happy one too, Janet US. And to all here in RFC.
Sounds like your new food processor is a win, doing all that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>On 11/13/2016 11:15 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> I don't really know what is going on. My oldest brother is in the
>> hospital and it appears he's going to have his foot amputated.
>>

>(snipped self)
>
>> I'm told his dog Molly is wandering all around the house, wondering
>> where he is. She's crying, wondering where is "daddy". That's sad.
>>
>> Anyway, my brother Paul could use some purrs. Me, too.
>>
>> Jill

>The deed is done. They amputated below the knee. He's doing pretty
>well, all things considered. He's been working with a physical
>therapist and learning to use a walker.
>
>He lost so much weight (at least 60 lbs). It's hard for me to imagine
>my big brother only weighing 140 lbs. I gather from his girlfriend he
>was just lying in bed for months before she finally dragged him to the
>hospital. His muscles atrophied. He's going to have to build up
>strength in his remaining leg and his arms.
>
>He wonders why they won't give him crutches. Dude, you can barely walk
>across the room with a frame/walker without two people there with you on
>a tether to prevent you from from falling. Crutches don't sound like a
>good idea.
>
>He'll be in the hospital another two to three weeks. Physical therapy
>every day. After that, I have no idea.
>
>I still don't understand how he could possibly have let it get this bad.
>
>At any rate, he seems to be in pretty good spirits. He was complaining
>about the food so that's a good sign.
>
>Thanks, everyone, for listening. And for the purrs.
>
>JillOn Wed, 23 Nov 2016 12:30:48 -0700, U.S. Janet B. > wrote:

>I had a good time today with my new food processor. It'a KitcheAid 13
>cup. It does the usual stuff, but it also has a variable thickness
>slicer and a dicing device as well.
>I diced all the veggies for the stuffing. Sliced the apples for pie.
>Made the pie dough. And shredded the carrots for the orange jello.
>The stiffing is especially tasty this year. I added red bell pepper
>and fresh mushrooms. I used my dried sage as well as a bit of thyme
>and a smidge of poultry seasoning (something I'd never used before) I
>went back to stuffing of old and used ground beef instead of sausage.
>I like it better. I guess it's what you grow up with.
>
>Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
>
>Janet US

A Happy Thanksgiving to you and I bet you totally enjoy the new food
processor. I'd give up my mixer before the fp.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-11-23 4:07 PM, Gary wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:

>> I use my (hand) mixer once or twice a month. I use my FP one or twice a
>> year. It has to be for something that is enough work to make it worth
>> digging it out cleaning it and putting it away again. Those are the
>> occasions where there really is no substitute. One of the chores I use
>> it for is cutting Seville orange peels for marmalade. It would easily
>> take 20 minutes or more to slice them all up fine enough to make
>> marmalade. The FP can cut them up in a minute.

> I somewhat recently rediscovered orange marmalade. YUM.
> That said, as little as I'd use it, just buying a small
> jar works for me.

There is marmalade and there is marmalade. The good stuff is made with
Seville oranges, and mostly made in England or Scotland. It is
surprisingly easy to make. The hardest part is finding Seville oranges
in that short window of time when they are available. For a number of
years in RFC there have been announcements that they are available and
those of us who are making marmalade try to get out to get some while
they are in stock.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/23/2016 3:39 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> The FP can cut them up in a minute.

> And then 20 minutes to clean.

Or more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 16:07:58 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> On 2016-11-23 3:26 PM, wrote:
>>
>> > A Happy Thanksgiving to you and I bet you totally enjoy the new food
>> > processor. I'd give up my mixer before the fp.
>> >

>> I use my (hand) mixer once or twice a month. I use my FP one or twice a
>> year. It has to be for something that is enough work to make it worth
>> digging it out cleaning it and putting it away again. Those are the
>> occasions where there really is no substitute. One of the chores I use
>> it for is cutting Seville orange peels for marmalade. It would easily
>> take 20 minutes or more to slice them all up fine enough to make
>> marmalade. The FP can cut them up in a minute.

>I somewhat recently rediscovered orange marmalade. YUM.
>That said, as little as I'd use it, just buying a small
>jar works for me.

Wow, you never ate orange marmalade in all your years... very odd.
When I used to eat peanut butter and jelly it was with orange
marmalade. Now I keep several jars in the pantry because it's a
cooking ingredient, I like it for oriental marinades, and it's
wonderful in chocolate cakes/browies. Years ago a Baskin & Robins
flavor was Manderin Chocolate (orange chocolate), was my favorite. I
also like candied orange peel covered with dark chocolate, Barton's
Bonbonnaire introduced me when I worked for them after school.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/23/2016 12:30 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> I had a good time today with my new food processor. It'a KitcheAid 13
> cup. It does the usual stuff, but it also has a variable thickness
> slicer and a dicing device as well.
> I diced all the veggies for the stuffing. Sliced the apples for pie.
> Made the pie dough. And shredded the carrots for the orange jello.
> The stiffing is especially tasty this year. I added red bell pepper
> and fresh mushrooms. I used my dried sage as well as a bit of thyme
> and a smidge of poultry seasoning (something I'd never used before) I
> went back to stuffing of old and used ground beef instead of sausage.
> I like it better. I guess it's what you grow up with.
>
> Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
>
> Janet US

You'll be able to make batches of bread or pizza dough toute de suite
when you find you have run out.
Pastry's a cinch!
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 16:23:50 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 11/23/2016 12:30 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>> I had a good time today with my new food processor. It'a KitcheAid 13
>> cup. It does the usual stuff, but it also has a variable thickness
>> slicer and a dicing device as well.
>> I diced all the veggies for the stuffing. Sliced the apples for pie.
>> Made the pie dough. And shredded the carrots for the orange jello.
>> The stiffing is especially tasty this year. I added red bell pepper
>> and fresh mushrooms. I used my dried sage as well as a bit of thyme
>> and a smidge of poultry seasoning (something I'd never used before) I
>> went back to stuffing of old and used ground beef instead of sausage.
>> I like it better. I guess it's what you grow up with.
>>
>> Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
>>
>> Janet US
>>

>You'll be able to make batches of bread or pizza dough toute de suite
>when you find you have run out.
>Pastry's a cinch!
>Graham

yes indeedy! The pizza dough is something I always used to drag my
feet on. With the fp sitting there it is easy to do.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 17:08:07 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2016-11-23 4:07 PM, Gary wrote:
>> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I use my (hand) mixer once or twice a month. I use my FP one or twice a
>>> year. It has to be for something that is enough work to make it worth
>>> digging it out cleaning it and putting it away again. Those are the
>>> occasions where there really is no substitute. One of the chores I use
>>> it for is cutting Seville orange peels for marmalade. It would easily
>>> take 20 minutes or more to slice them all up fine enough to make
>>> marmalade. The FP can cut them up in a minute.

>> I somewhat recently rediscovered orange marmalade. YUM.
>> That said, as little as I'd use it, just buying a small
>> jar works for me.
>>

>There is marmalade and there is marmalade. The good stuff is made with
>Seville oranges, and mostly made in England or Scotland. It is
>surprisingly easy to make. The hardest part is finding Seville oranges
>in that short window of time when they are available. For a number of
>years in RFC there have been announcements that they are available and
>those of us who are making marmalade try to get out to get some while
>they are in stock.

Speaking of which...when, exactly is seville orange season? I made
your marmalade recipe a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. I
can't wait to make it again.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.politics

On 11/23/2016 7:49 PM, Bruce wrote:
> That's gross. Why would you do that?

**** off Bwuthie.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.politics

On 11/23/2016 7:48 PM, Bruce wrote:
> "Oriental" (which country is that?)

Get lost faggot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 22:32:37 -0500, Doris Night
> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 17:08:07 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

> >> I somewhat recently rediscovered orange marmalade. YUM.
> >> That said, as little as I'd use it, just buying a small
> >> jar works for me.
> >>

> >There is marmalade and there is marmalade. The good stuff is made with
> >Seville oranges, and mostly made in England or Scotland. It is
> >surprisingly easy to make. The hardest part is finding Seville oranges
> >in that short window of time when they are available. For a number of
> >years in RFC there have been announcements that they are available and
> >those of us who are making marmalade try to get out to get some while
> >they are in stock.

> Speaking of which...when, exactly is seville orange season? I made
> your marmalade recipe a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. I
> can't wait to make it again.

Coming soon! December - February. January is when you're most likely
to see them... at least that's my experience.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 22:32:37 -0500, Doris Night
> wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 17:08:07 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> I somewhat recently rediscovered orange marmalade. YUM.
>>> That said, as little as I'd use it, just buying a small
>>> jar works for me.
>>>

>>There is marmalade and there is marmalade. The good stuff is made with
>>Seville oranges, and mostly made in England or Scotland. It is
>>surprisingly easy to make. The hardest part is finding Seville oranges
>>in that short window of time when they are available. For a number of
>>years in RFC there have been announcements that they are available and
>>those of us who are making marmalade try to get out to get some while
>>they are in stock.

>Speaking of which...when, exactly is seville orange season? I made
>your marmalade recipe a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. I
>can't wait to make it again.
>
>Doris

Over here, on the east coast, they usually show up in February.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 07:59:49 -0500, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> Doris Night wrote:
>> >My husband does all the dishes here, so I can use my FP whenever I
>> >feel like it without worrying about the clean-up.
>> >
>> >Doris

>> Lol, either way will do

>Doris has the same brand of dishwasher as I do. ;-D
>
>My resume also includes being a tv remote back in the 1960's.

That goes back a bit lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-11-23 10:32 PM, Doris Night wrote:

>> There is marmalade and there is marmalade. The good stuff is made with
>> Seville oranges, and mostly made in England or Scotland. It is
>> surprisingly easy to make. The hardest part is finding Seville oranges
>> in that short window of time when they are available. For a number of
>> years in RFC there have been announcements that they are available and
>> those of us who are making marmalade try to get out to get some while
>> they are in stock.

> Speaking of which...when, exactly is seville orange season? I made
> your marmalade recipe a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. I
> can't wait to make it again.

They are usually available here in January or February, and I only see
them in stock for a week or two.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 17:08:07 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

> >> I somewhat recently rediscovered orange marmalade. YUM.
> >> That said, as little as I'd use it, just buying a small
> >> jar works for me.
> >>

> >There is marmalade and there is marmalade. The good stuff is made with
> >Seville oranges, and mostly made in England or Scotland. It is
> >surprisingly easy to make. The hardest part is finding Seville oranges
> >in that short window of time when they are available. For a number of
> >years in RFC there have been announcements that they are available and
> >those of us who are making marmalade try to get out to get some while
> >they are in stock.

> Speaking of which...when, exactly is seville orange season?

January to February; six weeks at the most.

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2016 5:19 AM, wrote:
> Over here, on the east coast, they usually show up in February.

Frozen solid no doubt, LOL!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> They are usually available here in January or February, and I only see
> them in stock for a week or two.

I've never put oranges in my chicken, turkey or beef stock.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 08:48:25 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2016-11-23 10:32 PM, Doris Night wrote:
>
>>> There is marmalade and there is marmalade. The good stuff is made with
>>> Seville oranges, and mostly made in England or Scotland. It is
>>> surprisingly easy to make. The hardest part is finding Seville oranges
>>> in that short window of time when they are available. For a number of
>>> years in RFC there have been announcements that they are available and
>>> those of us who are making marmalade try to get out to get some while
>>> they are in stock.

>> Speaking of which...when, exactly is seville orange season? I made
>> your marmalade recipe a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. I
>> can't wait to make it again.
>>

>They are usually available here in January or February, and I only see
>them in stock for a week or two.

Thanks. I'll watch for them.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 16:23:50 -0700, graham > wrote:
>
> > On 11/23/2016 12:30 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > >
> >> I had a good time today with my new food processor. It'a

> KitcheAid 13 >> cup. It does the usual stuff, but it also has a
> variable thickness >> slicer and a dicing device as well.
> >> I diced all the veggies for the stuffing. Sliced the apples for

> pie. >> Made the pie dough. And shredded the carrots for the orange
> jello. >> The stiffing is especially tasty this year. I added red
> bell pepper >> and fresh mushrooms. I used my dried sage as well as
> a bit of thyme >> and a smidge of poultry seasoning (something I'd
> never used before) I >> went back to stuffing of old and used ground
> beef instead of sausage. >> I like it better. I guess it's what you
> grow up with.
> > >
> >> Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
> > >
> >> Janet US
> > >

> > You'll be able to make batches of bread or pizza dough toute de
> > suite when you find you have run out.
> > Pastry's a cinch!
> > Graham

> yes indeedy! The pizza dough is something I always used to drag my
> feet on. With the fp sitting there it is easy to do.
> Janet US

I use my bread machine for that. It's always out too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 18:32:12 -0500, Doris Night
> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 08:48:25 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> Speaking of which...when, exactly is seville orange season? I made
>>> your marmalade recipe a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. I
>>> can't wait to make it again.
>>>

>>They are usually available here in January or February, and I only see
>>them in stock for a week or two.

>Thanks. I'll watch for them.
>
>Doris

I don't know about Ontario but here you have to be quick, they are a
desirable item and come in and disappear very quickly
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> Doris Night wrote:
>> >My husband does all the dishes here, so I can use my FP whenever I
>> >feel like it without worrying about the clean-up.
>> >
>> >Doris

>> Lol, either way will do

>Doris has the same brand of dishwasher as I do. ;-D

But there are no kinky sexual favors involved with your hand washing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 17:48:11 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Doris Night wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 15:47:05 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>> food >> processor. I'd give up my mixer before the fp.
>> > >

>> > I use my (hand) mixer once or twice a month. I use my FP one or
>> > twice a year. It has to be for something that is enough work to
>> > make it worth digging it out cleaning it and putting it away again.
>> > Those are the occasions where there really is no substitute. One
>> > of the chores I use it for is cutting Seville orange peels for
>> > marmalade. It would easily take 20 minutes or more to slice them
>> > all up fine enough to make marmalade. The FP can cut them up in a
>> > minute.

>> My husband does all the dishes here, so I can use my FP whenever I
>> feel like it without worrying about the clean-up.
>>
>> Doris

>LOL! I like that! Actually, Don does most of the dishes here too and
>the lion's share of the house things (he's retired fully now).

In addition to washing dishes, my husband also does all of the
vacuuming, because my back can't take it. I'll dust, and do other
things that don't involve too much bending, but vacuuming and mopping
floors can really get to me.

We're about to get a once-a-month cleaning lady. I'm really looking
forward to having her. I won't have to feel too guilty about the fact
that I don't do too much around here.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doris Night wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 17:48:11 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > Doris Night wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >> My husband does all the dishes here, so I can use my FP whenever I
> >> feel like it without worrying about the clean-up.
> >>
> >> Doris

> > LOL! I like that! Actually, Don does most of the dishes here too
> > and the lion's share of the house things (he's retired fully now).

> In addition to washing dishes, my husband also does all of the
> vacuuming, because my back can't take it. I'll dust, and do other
> things that don't involve too much bending, but vacuuming and mopping
> floors can really get to me.
>
> We're about to get a once-a-month cleaning lady. I'm really looking
> forward to having her. I won't have to feel too guilty about the fact
> that I don't do too much around here.
>
> Doris

I've thought about it but I think the money here would be better spent
with someone to cut the grass for Don. I've not done much housework
since 2001. I was either out to sea too much or it was after my back
went really bad. Misdiagnosed by the Navy, it is no longer fixable.
Only life changes make it workable and stable.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:

> Doris Night wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > LOL! I like that! Actually, Don does most of the dishes here too
> > > and the lion's share of the house things (he's retired fully now).

> > In addition to washing dishes, my husband also does all of the
> > vacuuming, because my back can't take it. I'll dust, and do other
> > things that don't involve too much bending, but vacuuming and mopping
> > floors can really get to me.
> >
> > We're about to get a once-a-month cleaning lady. I'm really looking
> > forward to having her. I won't have to feel too guilty about the fact
> > that I don't do too much around here.
> >
> > Doris

> I've thought about it but I think the money here would be better spent
> with someone to cut the grass for Don. I've not done much housework
> since 2001. I was either out to sea too much or it was after my back
> went really bad. Misdiagnosed by the Navy, it is no longer fixable.
> Only life changes make it workable and stable.
>
> --

Lazy excuses, Carol. ehhe
Above you said, "Actually, Don does most of the dishes here too
and the lion's share of the house things (he's retired fully now)."

Sounds like he didn't retire at all...he just switched to a job with no
pay.