Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Food processor help

I recently bought my first food processor, a Signature Gourmet deluxe
with chute, from walgreens. The directions say how to lock the bowl into
place (turn clockwise until safety latches on to base) but they don't
say how to get the bowl off and I really rathere not break it. Any ideas?

Peace,

Kate
Posted to rec.food.preserving

kate wrote:

> I recently bought my first food processor, a Signature Gourmet deluxe
> with chute, from walgreens. The directions say how to lock the bowl into
> place (turn clockwise until safety latches on to base) but they don't
> say how to get the bowl off and I really rathere not break it. Any ideas?

There should be a way to contact the manufacturer.

B/
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Brian Mailman wrote:
> kate wrote:
>
>> I recently bought my first food processor, a Signature Gourmet deluxe
>> with chute, from walgreens. The directions say how to lock the bowl
>> into place (turn clockwise until safety latches on to base) but they
>> don't say how to get the bowl off and I really rathere not break it.
>> Any ideas?

> There should be a way to contact the manufacturer.

Closed until Wednesday - I tried. Oh well, my neighbor who has been
teaching me canning will be home tomorrow and she'll probably know. I
wass hoping to process some tomatoes tonight but heck, I'm still
watering so it wassn't meant to be.

Thanks for the reply!

Kate
Posted to rec.food.preserving

kate wrote:

> Brian Mailman wrote:
>> kate wrote:
>>
>>> I recently bought my first food processor, a Signature Gourmet deluxe
>>> with chute, from walgreens. The directions say how to lock the bowl
>>> into place (turn clockwise until safety latches on to base) but they
>>> don't say how to get the bowl off and I really rathere not break it.
>>> Any ideas?

>> There should be a way to contact the manufacturer.

> Closed until Wednesday - I tried. Oh well, my neighbor who has been
> teaching me canning will be home tomorrow and she'll probably know. I
> wass hoping to process some tomatoes tonight but heck, I'm still
> watering so it wassn't meant to be.

Maybe they know your model in rec.food.equipment?

B/
Posted to rec.food.preserving

kate wrote:
> I recently bought my first food processor, a Signature Gourmet deluxe
> with chute, from walgreens. The directions say how to lock the bowl into
> place (turn clockwise until safety latches on to base) but they don't
> say how to get the bowl off and I really rathere not break it. Any ideas?
>
> Peace,
>
> Kate

Wine, flowers, soft jazz, nibble on it's ear ....

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Brian Mailman wrote:
> kate wrote:
>
>> Brian Mailman wrote:

>>> There should be a way to contact the manufacturer.

>> Closed until Wednesday - I tried. Oh well, my neighbor who has been
>> teaching me canning will be home tomorrow and she'll probably know. I
>> wass hoping to process some tomatoes tonight but heck, I'm still
>> watering so it wassn't meant to be.

> Maybe they know your model in rec.food.equipment?

Tried that too. I think I'll return it. It comes with a warning to wash
hands after handling as it contains chemicals known to the state of CA
to cause cancer and birth defects - bizarre, huh?

So, suggestions on a fairly low priced food processor anyone?

Kate
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"kate" wrote
:: Tried that too. I think I'll return it. It comes with a warning to
wash
:: hands after handling as it contains chemicals known to the state of
CA
:: to cause cancer and birth defects - bizarre, huh?

Is there anything that is *NOT* "known to the state of CA to cause
cancer and birth defects"?
Not trying to sway your decision to return the food processor.

::
:: So, suggestions on a fairly low priced food processor anyone?

I have a small Sunbeam "Mini" or something like that. It was less
than $10, but it only hold a cup at a time.

BOB

Posted to rec.food.preserving

kate wrote:
> Brian Mailman wrote:
>
>> kate wrote:

>>> Closed until Wednesday - I tried. Oh well, my neighbor who has been
>>> teaching me canning will be home tomorrow and she'll probably know. I
>>> wass hoping to process some tomatoes tonight but heck, I'm still
>>> watering so it wassn't meant to be.

>> Maybe they know your model in rec.food.equipment?

> Tried that too. I think I'll return it. It comes with a warning to wash
> hands after handling as it contains chemicals known to the state of CA
> to cause cancer and birth defects - bizarre, huh?
>
> So, suggestions on a fairly low priced food processor anyone?
>
> Kate

I have an old Hamilton Beach food processor that cost about 40 bucks
brand new. Still works good so see no need in replacing it for a fancier
model. I think I bought it at Walmart ten or fifteen years ago.

George