Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hubby's First Pizza

I'm so proud of him! He finally realized that making pizza isn't as
easy as eating it is because of his classic fail (using pizza dough
leftover from Family Pizza Night) when I was gone last week. He
thought making pizza was easy but now he finally figured out it's not
as easy as he thought via his failure.

We used what was left of the Pizza Night dough to make personal pizzas
and he made for himself, actually asking me to tutor him how to do it
(step by step). He was incredulous throughout the process, but he's
very pleased with the result! He says "This is the best pizza I've
ever made and I'm not kidding!" Tru dat, honey.

Now he admits that he didn't realize how many steps there are, how
thinly sliced the toppings were and that he couldn't understand why it
took me so long between pizzas (he only comes into the kitchen to tell
me what he wants and how to do it, he doesn't stay and watch me make
it from start to finish). LOL, quelle surprise! He has always
appreciated my pizza, but now he *really* appreciates it since he
understands the true amount of work that goes into it.

Men! <still laughing>

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> I'm so proud of him! He finally realized that making pizza isn't as
> easy as eating it is because of his classic fail (using pizza dough
> leftover from Family Pizza Night) when I was gone last week. He
> thought making pizza was easy but now he finally figured out it's not
> as easy as he thought via his failure.
>
> We used what was left of the Pizza Night dough to make personal pizzas
> and he made for himself, actually asking me to tutor him how to do it
> (step by step). He was incredulous throughout the process, but he's
> very pleased with the result! He says "This is the best pizza I've
> ever made and I'm not kidding!" Tru dat, honey.
>
> Now he admits that he didn't realize how many steps there are, how
> thinly sliced the toppings were and that he couldn't understand why it
> took me so long between pizzas (he only comes into the kitchen to tell
> me what he wants and how to do it, he doesn't stay and watch me make
> it from start to finish). LOL, quelle surprise! He has always
> appreciated my pizza, but now he *really* appreciates it since he
> understands the true amount of work that goes into it.
>
> Men! <still laughing>

It's just your guy. I can whip up a homemade pizza faster than you can
spend the cash in his wallet. I can make fresh dough as well. I typically
make "sauce" with just crushed tomato sauce and herbs. Piece of cake with
my Kitchenaid.

There is nothing hard about pizza. A few steps but nothing hard. Why is it
you just never see female pizza *******?

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2015 10:41 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> Why is it
> you just never see female pizza *******?

Male dominated industry, duh.

How many female BBQ'rs do you see?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 May 2015 21:41:53 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> >
> > I'm so proud of him! He finally realized that making pizza isn't as
> > easy as eating it is because of his classic fail (using pizza dough
> > leftover from Family Pizza Night) when I was gone last week. He
> > thought making pizza was easy but now he finally figured out it's not
> > as easy as he thought via his failure.
> >
> > We used what was left of the Pizza Night dough to make personal pizzas
> > and he made for himself, actually asking me to tutor him how to do it
> > (step by step). He was incredulous throughout the process, but he's
> > very pleased with the result! He says "This is the best pizza I've
> > ever made and I'm not kidding!" Tru dat, honey.
> >
> > Now he admits that he didn't realize how many steps there are, how
> > thinly sliced the toppings were and that he couldn't understand why it
> > took me so long between pizzas (he only comes into the kitchen to tell
> > me what he wants and how to do it, he doesn't stay and watch me make
> > it from start to finish). LOL, quelle surprise! He has always
> > appreciated my pizza, but now he *really* appreciates it since he
> > understands the true amount of work that goes into it.
> >
> > Men! <still laughing>

> It's just your guy. I can whip up a homemade pizza faster than you can
> spend the cash in his wallet. I can make fresh dough as well. I typically
> make "sauce" with just crushed tomato sauce and herbs. Piece of cake with
> my Kitchenaid.
>
> There is nothing hard about pizza. A few steps but nothing hard. Why is it
> you just never see female pizza *******?

Ah, yes. Comments from a male who was BORN knowing what to do and how
to do it. Yeah, sure. I'm not buying that bridge.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2015 11:16 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 17 May 2015 21:41:53 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I'm so proud of him! He finally realized that making pizza isn't as
>>> easy as eating it is because of his classic fail (using pizza dough
>>> leftover from Family Pizza Night) when I was gone last week. He
>>> thought making pizza was easy but now he finally figured out it's not
>>> as easy as he thought via his failure.
>>>
>>> We used what was left of the Pizza Night dough to make personal pizzas
>>> and he made for himself, actually asking me to tutor him how to do it
>>> (step by step). He was incredulous throughout the process, but he's
>>> very pleased with the result! He says "This is the best pizza I've
>>> ever made and I'm not kidding!" Tru dat, honey.
>>>
>>> Now he admits that he didn't realize how many steps there are, how
>>> thinly sliced the toppings were and that he couldn't understand why it
>>> took me so long between pizzas (he only comes into the kitchen to tell
>>> me what he wants and how to do it, he doesn't stay and watch me make
>>> it from start to finish). LOL, quelle surprise! He has always
>>> appreciated my pizza, but now he *really* appreciates it since he
>>> understands the true amount of work that goes into it.
>>>
>>> Men! <still laughing>

>> It's just your guy. I can whip up a homemade pizza faster than you can
>> spend the cash in his wallet. I can make fresh dough as well. I typically
>> make "sauce" with just crushed tomato sauce and herbs. Piece of cake with
>> my Kitchenaid.
>>
>> There is nothing hard about pizza. A few steps but nothing hard. Why is it
>> you just never see female pizza *******?
>>

> Ah, yes. Comments from a male who was BORN knowing what to do and how
> to do it. Yeah, sure. I'm not buying that bridge.

All men know everything or will be sure to convince you they do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 17 May 2015 21:41:53 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > I'm so proud of him! He finally realized that making pizza isn't as
>> > easy as eating it is because of his classic fail (using pizza dough
>> > leftover from Family Pizza Night) when I was gone last week. He
>> > thought making pizza was easy but now he finally figured out it's not
>> > as easy as he thought via his failure.
>> >
>> > We used what was left of the Pizza Night dough to make personal pizzas
>> > and he made for himself, actually asking me to tutor him how to do it
>> > (step by step). He was incredulous throughout the process, but he's
>> > very pleased with the result! He says "This is the best pizza I've
>> > ever made and I'm not kidding!" Tru dat, honey.
>> >
>> > Now he admits that he didn't realize how many steps there are, how
>> > thinly sliced the toppings were and that he couldn't understand why it
>> > took me so long between pizzas (he only comes into the kitchen to tell
>> > me what he wants and how to do it, he doesn't stay and watch me make
>> > it from start to finish). LOL, quelle surprise! He has always
>> > appreciated my pizza, but now he *really* appreciates it since he
>> > understands the true amount of work that goes into it.
>> >
>> > Men! <still laughing>

>> It's just your guy. I can whip up a homemade pizza faster than you can
>> spend the cash in his wallet. I can make fresh dough as well. I
>> typically
>> make "sauce" with just crushed tomato sauce and herbs. Piece of cake
>> with
>> my Kitchenaid.
>>
>> There is nothing hard about pizza. A few steps but nothing hard. Why is
>> it
>> you just never see female pizza *******?
>>

> Ah, yes. Comments from a male who was BORN knowing what to do and how
> to do it. Yeah, sure. I'm not buying that bridge.

As a mater of fact I made my first pizza without any instructions at all.
And it was good. I never knew I was making Neapolitan pizza until somebody
pointed it out to me.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> I'm so proud of him! He finally realized that making pizza isn't as
> easy as eating it is because of his classic fail (using pizza dough
> leftover from Family Pizza Night) when I was gone last week. He
> thought making pizza was easy but now he finally figured out it's not
> as easy as he thought via his failure.
>
> We used what was left of the Pizza Night dough to make personal pizzas
> and he made for himself, actually asking me to tutor him how to do it
> (step by step). He was incredulous throughout the process, but he's
> very pleased with the result! He says "This is the best pizza I've
> ever made and I'm not kidding!" Tru dat, honey.
>
> Now he admits that he didn't realize how many steps there are, how
> thinly sliced the toppings were and that he couldn't understand why it
> took me so long between pizzas (he only comes into the kitchen to tell
> me what he wants and how to do it, he doesn't stay and watch me make
> it from start to finish). LOL, quelle surprise! He has always
> appreciated my pizza, but now he *really* appreciates it since he
> understands the true amount of work that goes into it.
>
> Men! <still laughing>

I am lucky. My husband will eat pretty much any kind of pizza. Mostly he
likes meat toppings. I did shop at Central Market the other day and got
some good mozzarella and uncured pepperoni. I need to use up some bread
flour and decided to make pizza dough with it. I am not currently baking
any bread. I expect that I will go back to it again when the weather cools
down.

Not sure when I will get to the pizza. It will have to wait perhaps a week.
I haven't been making much food except for me. Due to various
circumstances, they're not here at meal time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> Ah, yes. Comments from a male who was BORN knowing what to do and how
> to do it. Yeah, sure. I'm not buying that bridge.

The only real problems I ever had were restraint in topping and not letting
the dough rest long enough. Even when I made plain cheese, I was piling too
much cheese on there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message

> > Men! <still laughing>

> It's just your guy. I can whip up a homemade pizza faster than you can
> spend the cash in his wallet. I can make fresh dough as well. I typically
> make "sauce" with just crushed tomato sauce and herbs. Piece of cake with
> my Kitchenaid.

Yes, very easy. Fast as long as you don't count the idle time when the
dough is rising. Five or six min to make the dough, then put aside to
proof/rise. Another 5-10 to prep toppings, then about 5 per pizza to
roll dough, EVOO brush, pre-bake, top, finish bake in 550F oven. That's
a nominal 20 min to make one large pizza and only 5 more for each
additional pizza. It aint' rocket surgery...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2015 3:40 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 17 May 2015 21:41:53 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
>> wrote:

>>> It's just your guy. I can whip up a homemade pizza faster than you can
>>> spend the cash in his wallet. I can make fresh dough as well. I
>>> typically
>>> make "sauce" with just crushed tomato sauce and herbs. Piece of cake
>>> with
>>> my Kitchenaid.
>>>
>>> There is nothing hard about pizza. A few steps but nothing hard. Why is
>>> it
>>> you just never see female pizza *******?
>>>

>> Ah, yes. Comments from a male who was BORN knowing what to do and how
>> to do it. Yeah, sure. I'm not buying that bridge.

> As a mater of fact I made my first pizza without any instructions at all.
> And it was good. I never knew I was making Neapolitan pizza until somebody
> pointed it out to me.

What tipped them off, the strawberry ice cream on top of chocolate?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 May 2015 03:52:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > Ah, yes. Comments from a male who was BORN knowing what to do and how
> > to do it. Yeah, sure. I'm not buying that bridge.

> The only real problems I ever had were restraint in topping and not letting
> the dough rest long enough. Even when I made plain cheese, I was piling too
> much cheese on there.

So you knew from the get-go how long to heat the stone, how to roll
out dough, how much flour to put on the peel and how to slide the
finished pizza off the peel onto the stone without losing any
toppings? I had a learning curve and so does my husband. The other
clowns here aren't worth responding to anymore because they're just
blowing it out their asses.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 May 2015 20:07:30 -0700, sf > wrote:

>I'm so proud of him! He finally realized that making pizza isn't as
>easy as eating it is because of his classic fail (using pizza dough
>leftover from Family Pizza Night) when I was gone last week. He
>thought making pizza was easy but now he finally figured out it's not
>as easy as he thought via his failure.

snip
It's kind of like preparing for stir fry.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2015 1:43 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 18 May 2015 03:52:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> Ah, yes. Comments from a male who was BORN knowing what to do and how
>>> to do it. Yeah, sure. I'm not buying that bridge.

>> The only real problems I ever had were restraint in topping and not letting
>> the dough rest long enough. Even when I made plain cheese, I was piling too
>> much cheese on there.

> So you knew from the get-go how long to heat the stone, how to roll
> out dough, how much flour to put on the peel and how to slide the
> finished pizza off the peel onto the stone without losing any
> toppings? I had a learning curve and so does my husband. The other
> clowns here aren't worth responding to anymore because they're just
> blowing it out their asses.

Ah the pizza stone, entirely over-rated and not at all necessary, seriously.

You can get a perfectly golden and crispy pizza that far exceeds
anything a stone can turn out with an investment of less than $20:

http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-2105-42.../dp/B0000DIX6N

Wilton Nonstick Pizza Pan

Price: $18.99

"This pan is awesome. Our pizza making has improved greatly, as the
crust is now cooked well and evenly, and a little crispy when we want it
to be. Before we got this, our pizzas had gooey crust in the middle. The
pan has lasted well and is easy to clean."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 May 2015 03:52:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > Ah, yes. Comments from a male who was BORN knowing what to do and how
>> > to do it. Yeah, sure. I'm not buying that bridge.

>> The only real problems I ever had were restraint in topping and not
>> letting
>> the dough rest long enough. Even when I made plain cheese, I was piling
>> too
>> much cheese on there.

> So you knew from the get-go how long to heat the stone, how to roll
> out dough, how much flour to put on the peel and how to slide the
> finished pizza off the peel onto the stone without losing any
> toppings? I had a learning curve and so does my husband. The other
> clowns here aren't worth responding to anymore because they're just
> blowing it out their asses.

You can make a darn good pizza without a stone. He should have started with
a pan rather than a stone and peel. I'll admit they can be tricky.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2015 2:09 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 18 May 2015 03:52:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> The only real problems I ever had were restraint in topping and not
>>> letting
>>> the dough rest long enough. Even when I made plain cheese, I was piling
>>> too
>>> much cheese on there.

>> So you knew from the get-go how long to heat the stone, how to roll
>> out dough, how much flour to put on the peel and how to slide the
>> finished pizza off the peel onto the stone without losing any
>> toppings? I had a learning curve and so does my husband. The other
>> clowns here aren't worth responding to anymore because they're just
>> blowing it out their asses.

> You can make a darn good pizza without a stone. He should have started with
> a pan rather than a stone and peel. I'll admit they can be tricky.

The Wilton pizza pan outperforms any other home pizza cooking implement.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2015 10:09 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 18 May 2015 03:52:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> The only real problems I ever had were restraint in topping and not
>>> letting
>>> the dough rest long enough. Even when I made plain cheese, I was piling
>>> too
>>> much cheese on there.

>> So you knew from the get-go how long to heat the stone, how to roll
>> out dough, how much flour to put on the peel and how to slide the
>> finished pizza off the peel onto the stone without losing any
>> toppings? I had a learning curve and so does my husband. The other
>> clowns here aren't worth responding to anymore because they're just
>> blowing it out their asses.

> You can make a darn good pizza without a stone. He should have started with
> a pan rather than a stone and peel. I'll admit they can be tricky.
>

> ---

I just put the pizza on a sheet on the bottom of the oven. Obviously,
you can't do this if you have exposed elements on the bottom. When the
bottom is done, I'll use the broiler for the top. This method works great.

---
http://www.totoro.org/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 4:09:34 PM UTC-4, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 18 May 2015 03:52:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >> The only real problems I ever had were restraint in topping and not
> >> letting
> >> the dough rest long enough. Even when I made plain cheese, I was piling
> >> too
> >> much cheese on there.

> > So you knew from the get-go how long to heat the stone, how to roll
> > out dough, how much flour to put on the peel and how to slide the
> > finished pizza off the peel onto the stone without losing any
> > toppings? I had a learning curve and so does my husband. The other
> > clowns here aren't worth responding to anymore because they're just
> > blowing it out their asses.

> You can make a darn good pizza without a stone. He should have started with
> a pan rather than a stone and peel. I'll admit they can be tricky.
>

> ---

I hear Domino's makes a strong pie.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 5/18/2015 10:09 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 18 May 2015 03:52:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> So you knew from the get-go how long to heat the stone, how to roll
>>> out dough, how much flour to put on the peel and how to slide the
>>> finished pizza off the peel onto the stone without losing any
>>> toppings? I had a learning curve and so does my husband. The other
>>> clowns here aren't worth responding to anymore because they're just
>>> blowing it out their asses.

>> You can make a darn good pizza without a stone. He should have started
>> with
>> a pan rather than a stone and peel. I'll admit they can be tricky.
>>

>> ---
>>

> I just put the pizza on a sheet on the bottom of the oven. Obviously, you
> can't do this if you have exposed elements on the bottom. When the bottom
> is done, I'll use the broiler for the top. This method works great.

I get the oven up top 550 and keep it there for 30 minutes before loading
the pizza in. I use plenty of olive oil on the pan. This gives a very
rapid cook time and a nice crust. Takes no more than 15 minutes.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2015 10:42 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> You can make a darn good pizza without a stone. He should have started
>>> with
>>> a pan rather than a stone and peel. I'll admit they can be tricky.
>>>

>>> ---
>>>

>> I just put the pizza on a sheet on the bottom of the oven. Obviously, you
>> can't do this if you have exposed elements on the bottom. When the bottom
>> is done, I'll use the broiler for the top. This method works great.

> I get the oven up top 550 and keep it there for 30 minutes before loading
> the pizza in. I use plenty of olive oil on the pan. This gives a very
> rapid cook time and a nice crust. Takes no more than 15 minutes.

That sounds like a good method. I'll have to try it. Thanks!

> ---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2015 2:42 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> You can make a darn good pizza without a stone. He should have started
>>> with
>>> a pan rather than a stone and peel. I'll admit they can be tricky.
>>>

>>> ---
>>>

>> I just put the pizza on a sheet on the bottom of the oven. Obviously, you
>> can't do this if you have exposed elements on the bottom. When the bottom
>> is done, I'll use the broiler for the top. This method works great.

> I get the oven up top 550 and keep it there for 30 minutes before loading
> the pizza in. I use plenty of olive oil on the pan. This gives a very
> rapid cook time and a nice crust. Takes no more than 15 minutes.

With the Wilton pan you need no oil, the pizza crisps beautifully, and
the non stick coating is flawless.

http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-2105-42.../dp/B0000DIX6N

Try it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 May 2015 03:52:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > Ah, yes. Comments from a male who was BORN knowing what to do and how
>> > to do it. Yeah, sure. I'm not buying that bridge.

>> The only real problems I ever had were restraint in topping and not
>> letting
>> the dough rest long enough. Even when I made plain cheese, I was piling
>> too
>> much cheese on there.

> So you knew from the get-go how long to heat the stone, how to roll
> out dough, how much flour to put on the peel and how to slide the
> finished pizza off the peel onto the stone without losing any
> toppings? I had a learning curve and so does my husband. The other
> clowns here aren't worth responding to anymore because they're just
> blowing it out their asses.

I don't use a stone or peel and everyone likes my pizza just fine. I
already knew how to make dough. I just didn't know that it needed to rest
for as long as it did.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cabrito del Bosque" > wrote in message
> On 5/18/2015 1:43 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 May 2015 03:52:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> The only real problems I ever had were restraint in topping and not
>>> letting
>>> the dough rest long enough. Even when I made plain cheese, I was piling
>>> too
>>> much cheese on there.

>> So you knew from the get-go how long to heat the stone, how to roll
>> out dough, how much flour to put on the peel and how to slide the
>> finished pizza off the peel onto the stone without losing any
>> toppings? I had a learning curve and so does my husband. The other
>> clowns here aren't worth responding to anymore because they're just
>> blowing it out their asses.
>>

> Ah the pizza stone, entirely over-rated and not at all necessary,
> seriously.
>
> You can get a perfectly golden and crispy pizza that far exceeds anything
> a stone can turn out with an investment of less than $20:
>

> http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-2105-42.../dp/B0000DIX6N
>
> Wilton Nonstick Pizza Pan
>
> Price: $18.99
>
> "This pan is awesome. Our pizza making has improved greatly, as the crust
> is now cooked well and evenly, and a little crispy when we want it to be.
> Before we got this, our pizzas had gooey crust in the middle. The pan has
> lasted well and is easy to clean."

I don't even have perforated pans. Heck if I am in a hurry I might not even
use the pizza pan. If I have another pan already out and in the draining
rack, I might use it! No problems.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2015 5:14 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Cabrito del Bosque" > wrote in message
>> On 5/18/2015 1:43 PM, sf wrote:
>>> On Mon, 18 May 2015 03:52:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> So you knew from the get-go how long to heat the stone, how to roll
>>> out dough, how much flour to put on the peel and how to slide the
>>> finished pizza off the peel onto the stone without losing any
>>> toppings? I had a learning curve and so does my husband. The other
>>> clowns here aren't worth responding to anymore because they're just
>>> blowing it out their asses.
>>>

>> Ah the pizza stone, entirely over-rated and not at all necessary,
>> seriously.
>>
>> You can get a perfectly golden and crispy pizza that far exceeds
>> anything a stone can turn out with an investment of less than $20:
>>

>> http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-2105-42.../dp/B0000DIX6N
>>
>> Wilton Nonstick Pizza Pan
>>
>> Price: $18.99
>>
>> "This pan is awesome. Our pizza making has improved greatly, as the
>> crust is now cooked well and evenly, and a little crispy when we want
>> it to be. Before we got this, our pizzas had gooey crust in the
>> middle. The pan has lasted well and is easy to clean."

> I don't even have perforated pans. Heck if I am in a hurry I might not
> even use the pizza pan. If I have another pan already out and in the
> draining rack, I might use it! No problems.

You would be well-served by this product both in uniformity of crust
crisping and absurdly easy release.

Sometimes a purpose-designed product is so good it's completely worth
buying.

But rarely does such utility come at such a reasonable price point.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> >
> > I'm so proud of him! He finally realized that making pizza isn't as
> > easy as eating it is because of his classic fail (using pizza dough
> > leftover from Family Pizza Night) when I was gone last week. He
> > thought making pizza was easy but now he finally figured out it's
> > not as easy as he thought via his failure.
> >
> > We used what was left of the Pizza Night dough to make personal
> > pizzas and he made for himself, actually asking me to tutor him how
> > to do it (step by step). He was incredulous throughout the
> > process, but he's very pleased with the result! He says "This is
> > the best pizza I've ever made and I'm not kidding!" Tru dat,
> > honey.
> >
> > Now he admits that he didn't realize how many steps there are, how
> > thinly sliced the toppings were and that he couldn't understand why
> > it took me so long between pizzas (he only comes into the kitchen
> > to tell me what he wants and how to do it, he doesn't stay and
> > watch me make it from start to finish). LOL, quelle surprise! He
> > has always appreciated my pizza, but now he really appreciates it
> > since he understands the true amount of work that goes into it.
> >
> > Men! <still laughing>

> It's just your guy. I can whip up a homemade pizza faster than you
> can spend the cash in his wallet. I can make fresh dough as well. I
> typically make "sauce" with just crushed tomato sauce and herbs.
> Piece of cake with my Kitchenaid.
>
> There is nothing hard about pizza. A few steps but nothing hard.
> Why is it you just never see female pizza *******?
>

> ---

Grin, hehe I used to be a female pizza tosser so watch it buddy!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cabrito del Bosque" > wrote in message
> On 5/18/2015 5:14 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Ah the pizza stone, entirely over-rated and not at all necessary,
>>> seriously.
>>>
>>> You can get a perfectly golden and crispy pizza that far exceeds
>>> anything a stone can turn out with an investment of less than $20:
>>>

>>> http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-2105-42.../dp/B0000DIX6N
>>>
>>> Wilton Nonstick Pizza Pan
>>>
>>> Price: $18.99
>>>
>>> "This pan is awesome. Our pizza making has improved greatly, as the
>>> crust is now cooked well and evenly, and a little crispy when we want
>>> it to be. Before we got this, our pizzas had gooey crust in the
>>> middle. The pan has lasted well and is easy to clean."

>> I don't even have perforated pans. Heck if I am in a hurry I might not
>> even use the pizza pan. If I have another pan already out and in the
>> draining rack, I might use it! No problems.

> You would be well-served by this product both in uniformity of crust
> crisping and absurdly easy release.
>
> Sometimes a purpose-designed product is so good it's completely worth
> buying.
>
> But rarely does such utility come at such a reasonable price point.

Nah. My husband will eat any kind of pizza. Daughter and I don't care for
it enough to care. We only eat it a few times a year. Husband could eat it
daily if we had it that often.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 May 2015 13:49:22 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

> On Sun, 17 May 2015 20:07:30 -0700, sf > wrote:
>

> >I'm so proud of him! He finally realized that making pizza isn't as
> >easy as eating it is because of his classic fail (using pizza dough
> >leftover from Family Pizza Night) when I was gone last week. He
> >thought making pizza was easy but now he finally figured out it's not
> >as easy as he thought via his failure.

> snip
> It's kind of like preparing for stir fry.

He rolled his failure out on the pizza peel and wondered why it
wouldn't budge.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/18/2015 6:10 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Cabrito del Bosque" > wrote in message

>>> I don't even have perforated pans. Heck if I am in a hurry I might not
>>> even use the pizza pan. If I have another pan already out and in the
>>> draining rack, I might use it! No problems.

>> You would be well-served by this product both in uniformity of crust
>> crisping and absurdly easy release.
>>
>> Sometimes a purpose-designed product is so good it's completely worth
>> buying.
>>
>> But rarely does such utility come at such a reasonable price point.

> Nah. My husband will eat any kind of pizza.

Oh how undiscerning.

> Daughter and I don't care
> for it enough to care. We only eat it a few times a year. Husband
> could eat it daily if we had it that often.

SO really, why comment at all is it's that much a non-event?