kilikini

Default Hubby's Birthday Today!

He's requested my California Rolls, so I'm going to make those. Other than
that about all we have in the house is Hot Italian Sausages. Well, I think
I have two pieces of tilapia left...........

In any case, I'll make up the California rolls for an appetizer and I'm
thinking of cooking up the sausages with some peppers, onions, garlic and
olives in a beer sauce. Served with a side salad.

Multinational Cuisine at best!

He's working late tonight, unfortunately, so this is the best I can come up
with. In any case, I thank his mother every day for giving birth to such a
nice man. I am a lucky woman.

kili

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 24 Aug 2005 05:16:56a, kilikini wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> He's requested my California Rolls, so I'm going to make those. Other
> than that about all we have in the house is Hot Italian Sausages. Well,
> I think I have two pieces of tilapia left...........
>
> In any case, I'll make up the California rolls for an appetizer and I'm
> thinking of cooking up the sausages with some peppers, onions, garlic
> and olives in a beer sauce. Served with a side salad.
>
> Multinational Cuisine at best!
>
> He's working late tonight, unfortunately, so this is the best I can come
> up with. In any case, I thank his mother every day for giving birth to
> such a nice man. I am a lucky woman.
>
> kili

Happy Birthday to Hubby!

I often like mixing things up, the same as I like dinner for breakfast and
breaskfast for dinner, and dessert any time of the day. :-)

Have a good time!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Sheldon

kilikini wrote:
> He's requested my California Rolls, so I'm going to make those. Other than
> that about all we have in the house is Hot Italian Sausages. Well, I think
> I have two pieces of tilapia left...........
>
> In any case, I'll make up the California rolls for an appetizer and I'm
> thinking of cooking up the sausages with some peppers, onions, garlic and
> olives in a beer sauce. Served with a side salad.
>
> Multinational Cuisine at best!
>
> He's working late tonight, unfortunately, so this is the best I can come up
> with.
>
>In any case, I thank his mother every day for giving birth to such a
> nice man. I am a lucky woman.

Hmm, don't you think that maybe, just maybe, his father had something
to do with it too? <g>

Sheldon

kilikini

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> kilikini wrote:
> > He's requested my California Rolls, so I'm going to make those. Other

than
> > that about all we have in the house is Hot Italian Sausages. Well, I

think
> > I have two pieces of tilapia left...........
> >
> > In any case, I'll make up the California rolls for an appetizer and I'm
> > thinking of cooking up the sausages with some peppers, onions, garlic

and
> > olives in a beer sauce. Served with a side salad.
> >
> > Multinational Cuisine at best!
> >
> > He's working late tonight, unfortunately, so this is the best I can come

up
> > with.
> >
> >In any case, I thank his mother every day for giving birth to such a
> > nice man. I am a lucky woman.

> Hmm, don't you think that maybe, just maybe, his father had something
> to do with it too? <g>
>
> Sheldon

Yeah, but his father left them when my hubby was about 9. Not in the
picture anymore.

kili

Sheldon

kilikini wrote:
> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > kilikini wrote:
> > >
> > >In any case, I thank his mother every day for giving birth to such a
> > > nice man. I am a lucky woman.

> > Hmm, don't you think that maybe, just maybe, his father had something
> > to do with it too? <g>

> Yeah, but his father left them when my hubby was about 9. Not in the
> picture anymore.

That's sad. But you don't know the real circumstances, in fact neither
does your husband know what really happened. He's still his father's
son no matter what and your husband is how he is mostly because of his
father's genes... and by the way, by the time a person is five years
old their personality is fairly well developed for life... absent a
frontal lobotomy people don't change... your husband's father had a lot
more to do with how he turned out than either of you is willing to
admit. However, it's never too late to alter one's biases, and
especially since you are both so young that bitter axe will become more
and more difficult to grind with time. It seems to me that not only
did your husband's father have a big impact on his son's life he is now
impacting yours, fortunately it's not too late for you to choose
whether that impact will be viewed positively or continue to be
negative. You may be spending your life with this fellow for a long
time, do you want that bitterness I hear to permeate your relationship
or will you chose a positive path, it's your choice to make. Let me
remind you, in one on one relationships especially, history tends to
repeat itself. You two barely know each other, in fact you two barely
know yourselves... if you're supportive of your husband's overtly
displayed attitude he will eventually begin to resent you, because what
he says is not how he really feels. I were you I'd work diligently on
attitude adjustments for both of you, and pronto... you definitely do
not want to spend your life with a fellow who's going to blame each and
every of his personal failures on his father... you'd best not permit
that... you certainly do not want to bring children into the world with
a man whose father is his scapegoat. You have the power to turn things
around... you've nothing to lose and everything to gain.

And stop telling the world that you're poor... you're not poor, you're
rich... you possess the most riches right now you will ever have...your
youth... do not squander it whining... do not ever again mention you
are poor. I'm absolutely amazed at how so many even on this cooking
group, especially on this cooking group, feel compelled to constantly
remind the world of their impoverishedness, and almost always it's
folks who are relatively young. Sheesh, what a horrid self-fullfilling
prophecy... then you're poor because you want to be poor.

Sheldon

kilikini

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> kilikini wrote:
> > "Sheldon" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...

> > > Hmm, don't you think that maybe, just maybe, his father had something
> > > to do with it too? <g>

> > Yeah, but his father left them when my hubby was about 9. Not in the
> > picture anymore.

> That's sad. But you don't know the real circumstances, in fact neither
> does your husband know what really happened. He's still his father's
> son no matter what and your husband is how he is mostly because of his
> father's genes... and by the way, by the time a person is five years
> old their personality is fairly well developed for life... absent a
> frontal lobotomy people don't change... your husband's father had a lot
> more to do with how he turned out than either of you is willing to
> admit. However, it's never too late to alter one's biases, and
> especially since you are both so young that bitter axe will become more
> and more difficult to grind with time. It seems to me that not only
> did your husband's father have a big impact on his son's life he is now
> impacting yours, fortunately it's not too late for you to choose
> whether that impact will be viewed positively or continue to be
> negative. You may be spending your life with this fellow for a long
> time, do you want that bitterness I hear to permeate your relationship
> or will you chose a positive path, it's your choice to make. Let me
> remind you, in one on one relationships especially, history tends to
> repeat itself. You two barely know each other, in fact you two barely
> know yourselves... if you're supportive of your husband's overtly
> displayed attitude he will eventually begin to resent you, because what
> he says is not how he really feels. I were you I'd work diligently on
> attitude adjustments for both of you, and pronto... you definitely do
> not want to spend your life with a fellow who's going to blame each and
> every of his personal failures on his father... you'd best not permit
> that... you certainly do not want to bring children into the world with
> a man whose father is his scapegoat. You have the power to turn things
> around... you've nothing to lose and everything to gain.
>
> And stop telling the world that you're poor... you're not poor, you're
> rich... you possess the most riches right now you will ever have...your
> youth... do not squander it whining... do not ever again mention you
> are poor. I'm absolutely amazed at how so many even on this cooking
> group, especially on this cooking group, feel compelled to constantly
> remind the world of their impoverishedness, and almost always it's
> folks who are relatively young. Sheesh, what a horrid self-fullfilling
> prophecy... then you're poor because you want to be poor.
>
> Sheldon

Thanks, Sheldon, your message was really nice. I am actually supportive of
my husband and his absence of a father. I went so far as to track the man
down. He wants absolutely nothing to do with his son. It's sad, but it's
the way it is. His only child and he wants nothing to do with him. All I
can do is be a supportive spouse and be there when my hubby's sad.

Thanks again for an insightful message. It's duly noted and appreciated.

kili

sf

On 24 Aug 2005 08:43:21 -0700, Sheldon wrote:

> I'm absolutely amazed at how so many even on this cooking
> group, especially on this cooking group, feel compelled to constantly
> remind the world of their impoverishedness, and almost always it's
> folks who are relatively young.

It's perspective, or lack of it. They are comparing themselves to
their parents or their friends parents and thinking that they should
be in a place it took their parents 30 years get to.

I think the best commercial on the air is one that tells the truth
about the "American Dream" and what it takes to appear to live it.
The man tells the viewer that he has a new car, big house, belongs to
the local country club... looks straight into the camera with a huge,
fake smile and says: "How do I do it? I'm in debt up to my eyeballs!"
That is a sad fact of life today. Too many people are living on their
credit cards and the people who aren't are wondering what's wrong with
THEM. The fact is that those who aren't living on their credit cards
are a whole lot better off. Maybe they don't have as many "things",
but they don't have as much debt, which is a major cause of stress.

We just had a murder suicide incident locally where Dad killed his
family and then himself. To the neighbors, they had it all... 2 kids
in private school and one child participating nationally in
gymnastics, but the financial stress was too much for the father and
he cracked under the pressure.
Dimitri

"sf" > wrote in message
> On 24 Aug 2005 08:43:21 -0700, Sheldon wrote:
>
>> I'm absolutely amazed at how so many even on this cooking
>> group, especially on this cooking group, feel compelled to constantly
>> remind the world of their impoverishedness, and almost always it's
>> folks who are relatively young.

> It's perspective, or lack of it. They are comparing themselves to
> their parents or their friends parents and thinking that they should
> be in a place it took their parents 30 years get to.
>
> I think the best commercial on the air is one that tells the truth
> about the "American Dream" and what it takes to appear to live it.
> The man tells the viewer that he has a new car, big house, belongs to
> the local country club... looks straight into the camera with a huge,
> fake smile and says: "How do I do it? I'm in debt up to my eyeballs!"
> That is a sad fact of life today. Too many people are living on their
> credit cards and the people who aren't are wondering what's wrong with
> THEM. The fact is that those who aren't living on their credit cards
> are a whole lot better off. Maybe they don't have as many "things",
> but they don't have as much debt, which is a major cause of stress.
>
> We just had a murder suicide incident locally where Dad killed his
> family and then himself. To the neighbors, they had it all... 2 kids
> in private school and one child participating nationally in
> gymnastics, but the financial stress was too much for the father and
> he cracked under the pressure.

I think we have been trained to believe in self-gratification and instant
gratification. I want it and I want it NOW! even if I can't afford it. The
stupidity of the situations is when you can afford credit - you don't need it.
When you can't you're swimming in it. I don't walk on water over the years I
had my problems - the best training is Rip up ALL credit cards for at least 1
year. If you can't afford it don't buy it. Then and only then can you begin to
understand not having the best Plasma TV isn't really as important as you think.
Finally why the hell should I pay double for everything. It's dumb MC doesn't
need my money. Screw them.

End Greek Philosophy 101.

Dimitri

kilikini

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
m...

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On 24 Aug 2005 08:43:21 -0700, Sheldon wrote:

> I think we have been trained to believe in self-gratification and instant
> gratification. I want it and I want it NOW! even if I can't afford it.

The
> stupidity of the situations is when you can afford credit - you don't need

it.
> When you can't you're swimming in it. I don't walk on water over the

years I
> had my problems - the best training is Rip up ALL credit cards for at

least 1
> year. If you can't afford it don't buy it. Then and only then can you

begin to
> understand not having the best Plasma TV isn't really as important as you

think.
> Finally why the hell should I pay double for everything. It's dumb MC

doesn't
> need my money. Screw them.
>
> End Greek Philosophy 101.
>
> Dimitri

Ha ha, we don't have any credit cards either! Actually, no checking or
savings acounts, no IRA's, no stocks or bonds either. If we can't pay cash
for it or don't have any money at that time, we don't buy anything. Period.
That's it.

kili

Gabby

"sf" > wrote in message
> On 24 Aug 2005 08:43:21 -0700, Sheldon wrote:
>
>> I'm absolutely amazed at how so many even on this cooking
>> group, especially on this cooking group, feel compelled to constantly
>> remind the world of their impoverishedness, and almost always it's
>> folks who are relatively young.

> It's perspective, or lack of it. They are comparing themselves to
> their parents or their friends parents and thinking that they should
> be in a place it took their parents 30 years get to.

Maybe it's just me, but when I read her message "poverty" didn't even enter
my mind. I just figured she hadn't gone grocery shopping and since he's
working late she wouldn't have a chance to go to the store and has to make
do with what's on hand -- I can relate having been a stay-at-home mom for 16
years and ours being a one-car family.

Gabby

Dimitri

"kilikini" > wrote in message news:Fe4Pe.75023

<Snip>

> Ha ha, we don't have any credit cards either! Actually, no checking or
> savings acounts, no IRA's, no stocks or bonds either. If we can't pay cash
> for it or don't have any money at that time, we don't buy anything. Period.
> That's it.
>
> kili

It is a great start. I don't know or want to know what stage of life you're
in, its not important. There are lots of people who have been in your shoes.
I'll bet you do learn how to budget the money you do have and how to save a
little for something special.

BTW a romantic evening is not created with food or even candles - its created
with attitude.

Have a great evening.

Dimitri

Damsel in dis Dress

Happy birthday, TFM® ... many, many more with that great wife of your'n.

Carol
kilikini

m...

> <Snip>
>
> > Ha ha, we don't have any credit cards either! Actually, no checking or
> > savings acounts, no IRA's, no stocks or bonds either. If we can't pay

cash
> > for it or don't have any money at that time, we don't buy anything.

Period.
> > That's it.
> >
> > kili

> It is a great start. I don't know or want to know what stage of life

you're
> in, its not important. There are lots of people who have been in your

shoes.
> I'll bet you do learn how to budget the money you do have and how to save

> little for something special.
>
> BTW a romantic evening is not created with food or even candles - its

created
> with attitude.
>
> Have a great evening.
>
> Dimitri

Thanks, Dimitri! I plan to. Hope you do as well. :~)

kili

kilikini

"Gabby" > wrote in message

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On 24 Aug 2005 08:43:21 -0700, Sheldon wrote:
> >
> >> I'm absolutely amazed at how so many even on this cooking
> >> group, especially on this cooking group, feel compelled to constantly
> >> remind the world of their impoverishedness, and almost always it's
> >> folks who are relatively young.

> > It's perspective, or lack of it. They are comparing themselves to
> > their parents or their friends parents and thinking that they should
> > be in a place it took their parents 30 years get to.

> Maybe it's just me, but when I read her message "poverty" didn't even

enter
> my mind. I just figured she hadn't gone grocery shopping and since he's
> working late she wouldn't have a chance to go to the store and has to make
> do with what's on hand -- I can relate having been a stay-at-home mom for

16
> years and ours being a one-car family.
>
> Gabby

That was all I was implying, Gabby. We're a one car family and he works
late and when he works, it's outside in the hot Florida sun all day. When
he puts in extra hours like today, he's going to be in NO mood to go to the
store, birthday or not. Thanks for understanding.

kili

kilikini

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> Happy birthday, TFM® ... many, many more with that great wife of your'n.
>
> Carol

Thanks, Dams. I'll relay your message to the man when he gets home.

{{{{{{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}}}}}}}

kili

sf

I answered Sheldon, not what he responded to.

``````````````````````

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:57:23 -0300, Gabby wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On 24 Aug 2005 08:43:21 -0700, Sheldon wrote:
> >
> >> I'm absolutely amazed at how so many even on this cooking
> >> group, especially on this cooking group, feel compelled to constantly
> >> remind the world of their impoverishedness, and almost always it's
> >> folks who are relatively young.

> > It's perspective, or lack of it. They are comparing themselves to
> > their parents or their friends parents and thinking that they should
> > be in a place it took their parents 30 years get to.

> Maybe it's just me, but when I read her message "poverty" didn't even enter
> my mind. I just figured she hadn't gone grocery shopping and since he's
> working late she wouldn't have a chance to go to the store and has to make
> do with what's on hand -- I can relate having been a stay-at-home mom for 16
> years and ours being a one-car family.
>
> Gabby

sf

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:36:02 GMT, kilikini wrote:

> That was all I was implying, Gabby. We're a one car family and he works
> late and when he works, it's outside in the hot Florida sun all day. When
> he puts in extra hours like today, he's going to be in NO mood to go to the
> store, birthday or not. Thanks for understanding.
>
> kili

My response to Sheldon was a generality, Kili. It wasn't directed at
you. Frankly, I don't think he was talking directly to you - it was
just something he needed to say about the general subject of young
people who classify themselves as "poor". I *know* that you consider
your life blessed and enriched compared to what you left when you left
"Paradise".

FWIW: Mine is a one car family too, execpt my husband chauffers me to
work (and back) so he can have use of the car the remainder of the
day. I work long hours - it's the nature of my business and I stay in
one place when I'm at work, so the only time I need a car is for the
commute. Since I live less than 15 minutes from my job - why not take
advantage of his offer? I collected so many parking tickets when I
drove myself, it wasn't worth it to continue!
sf

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:36:30 GMT, kilikini wrote:

> "Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> > Happy birthday, TFM® ... many, many more with that great wife of your'n.
> >
> > Carol

> Thanks, Dams. I'll relay your message to the man when he gets home.
>
> {{{{{{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}}}}}}}

Ummm, was that a "G" rated or "X" rated message? I remember a recent
G rated message I sent via rfc messenger that was "upgraded"....

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 24 Aug 2005 11:09:06p, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:36:02 GMT, kilikini wrote:
>

>> That was all I was implying, Gabby. We're a one car family and he
>> works late and when he works, it's outside in the hot Florida sun all
>> day. When he puts in extra hours like today, he's going to be in NO
>> mood to go to the store, birthday or not. Thanks for understanding.
>>
>> kili

> My response to Sheldon was a generality, Kili. It wasn't directed at
> you. Frankly, I don't think he was talking directly to you - it was
> just something he needed to say about the general subject of young
> people who classify themselves as "poor".

So typical of him.