Lisa

Default Hubby Trashed new Wusthof Grand Prix with a scouring pad!

I have a brand new set of Wusthof Grand Prix knives. Despite previous
care discussions, Hubby grabbed the scouring pad (on the back of a
sponge) and cleaned the heck out of my Santoku. I know it's just a
knife, but I only used it twice and it looks like a 15 year old pieces
of garbage to me.

Can anyone recommend any methods/products for removing these fine
abrasion scratches from the side of the blade? Some sort of paste,
etc to buff it out?
About the only thing I have on hand that might be a possibility is Bar
Keepers Friend. I have no idea if this would be appropriate or what I
can use to spruce this knife up. Ideas?

Thanks!
The Man With The Four Way Hips

"Lisa" > wrote in message
om...
> I have a brand new set of Wusthof Grand Prix knives. Despite previous
> care discussions, Hubby grabbed the scouring pad (on the back of a
> sponge) and cleaned the heck out of my Santoku. I know it's just a
> knife, but I only used it twice and it looks like a 15 year old pieces
> of garbage to me.
>
> Can anyone recommend any methods/products for removing these fine
> abrasion scratches from the side of the blade? Some sort of paste,
> etc to buff it out?
> About the only thing I have on hand that might be a possibility is Bar
> Keepers Friend. I have no idea if this would be appropriate or what I
> can use to spruce this knife up. Ideas?

As long as it he didn't damage the edge, what's the difference? Sure, he
"damaged" it cosmetically, but it is still a good, usable knife. Let him
now (nicely) that he did wrong by you and maybe he'll make it up on
Valentine's Day.

Peter Aitken

"Lisa" > wrote in message
om...
> I have a brand new set of Wusthof Grand Prix knives. Despite previous
> care discussions, Hubby grabbed the scouring pad (on the back of a
> sponge) and cleaned the heck out of my Santoku. I know it's just a
> knife, but I only used it twice and it looks like a 15 year old pieces
> of garbage to me.
>
> Can anyone recommend any methods/products for removing these fine
> abrasion scratches from the side of the blade? Some sort of paste,
> etc to buff it out?
> About the only thing I have on hand that might be a possibility is Bar
> Keepers Friend. I have no idea if this would be appropriate or what I
> can use to spruce this knife up. Ideas?
>
> Thanks!

Did you buy the knife to cut with or to look at? But you might try Bar
Keeper's friend scouring powder. I doubt it will get back the original
finish but it will liely improve it a lot.

--
Peter Aitken

Michael

"Lisa" > wrote in message
om...
> I have a brand new set of Wusthof Grand Prix knives. Despite previous
> care discussions, Hubby grabbed the scouring pad (on the back of a
> sponge) and cleaned the heck out of my Santoku. I know it's just a
> knife, but I only used it twice and it looks like a 15 year old pieces
> of garbage to me.

Buffing wheel with jeweler's rouge.

Just be careful, you are thinking of buffing a sharp knife.