Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I am not married and I can cook- does that make me wierd.

On 9/27/2011 10:04 AM, Nad wrote:
> Nancy Young<email@replyto> wrote:
>> On 9/27/2011 4:40 AM, Nad wrote:

>>> When it comes to relationships in my life, they end up problematic.
>>>
>>> I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
>>> marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

>> That sounds like a big bore and I don't know anyone like that who
>> is happily married. Maybe you're the opposite, you have problems
>> because you're the one who wants everything your way? Heh.

> In my book the only reason to get married is to have kids. If one has no
> desire to have and raise kids, there is absolutely no reason to get
> married.

Hey, I'm not trying to talk you into it.

> Absolutely my way... The world revolves around me and I like it that way

(laugh) Nothing wrong with that. Works for my cat.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27/09/2011 11:50 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Yes and No for the "might" in my case.
>>>
>>> Yes, if I had a maid I would want her live some where else.
>>>
>>> No, others services would not be welcome in my home. I would much rather go
>>> to the Bordello for such services.
>>>
>>> For companionship, I prefer the Dog, they do not tell you what to do.
>>>

>> Don't get a cat then, they are always trying to tell you what to do.
>>
>> From an old bumper sticker.
>>
>> "Dogs have masters, cats have staff."
>>
>> I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
>> but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
>> time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
>> find a woman who has no equal.

> That would depand on your age and health... with that statement I'll
> have to assume you're over fifty and/or in failing health.

Wrong, at least partly. I am in my fifties but I am in excellent health,
far better than many in their thirties. I am what is often referred to
as a "Gym Junkie" and am obsessive about diet and nutrition. As is my
wife who is more than a decade younger than I.

> The
> majority of men under 50 and in reasonably good health who lose their
> long term spouse remarry as quickly as possible...

Not in my experience, nor in any statistics that I have read. Most seem
to spend quite a while before committing to another relationship. They
certainly are swamped with available ladies, and might well sample a
few, but committing to a marriage takes time.

> married men tend to
> be happier, more content, and live longer. This does not apply to
> those who are living together/shack-ups... without the benefit of
> legal marriage regardless what anyone says there is no real
> commitment...

More nonsense. You are full of unsubstantiated opinion aren't you?

> it's an hour by hour relationship with underlying
> stress.

Absolute nonsense. Whatever your personal experience might be, it is not
a template for all others. Many, many people are very happy in long term
but not married relationships.

> I happen to know of three elderly men (70s) who after long
> marriages lost their wives and within weeks married their departed
> wife's widowed sister, was like they never skipped a beat.

I'll just bet you do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/27/2011 10:00 AM, Lou Decruss wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:40:53 -0400, Nancy Young<email@replyto> wrote:
>
>> On 9/27/2011 4:40 AM, Nad wrote:

>>> I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
>>> marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

>> That sounds like a big bore and I don't know anyone like that who
>> is happily married. Maybe you're the opposite, you have problems
>> because you're the one who wants everything your way? Heh.

> We're not married but we've been together longer than many stay
> married. We pick our battles and most of the time the stuff isn't
> really very important. No doormat personalities here and I agree with
> you it would be boring any other way.

Really, it's the same here. It's not perfect but it's not worth
arguing about. When it is, it's because it's an ongoing thing
that needs to be settled.

If I want someone to just go along with everything I say, I'll get
a dog.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Who_me? wrote:

> What man needs bottles washed?

Home brewers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 27, 10:23*am, Nancy Young <email@replyto> wrote:

> If I want someone to just go along with everything I say, I'll get
> a dog.

You must be a really good dog trainer. My dog isn't exactly a pushover
when she wants something. This morning at breakfast, she started
lifting my elbow with her snout, a sure sign that she wants something.
She knows she won't get fed at table, so I eventually relented and got
up (I was done eating) to see what she wanted. She immediately pranced
toward the front door, doing a good imitation of a Lipizzaner. I said
to her -- this is a quote -- "If you trouble to look, you'll see that
I'm barefoot." She turned right around and headed to the bedroom,
presumably to supervise. We had a nice walk. She does everything I
tell her to provided I don't tell her to do things she won't (like
sit, stay).

Jerry
--
Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can
get.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/27/2011 2:10 PM, Jerry Avins wrote:
> On Sep 27, 10:23 am, Nancy Young<email@replyto> wrote:

>> If I want someone to just go along with everything I say, I'll get
>> a dog.

> You must be a really good dog trainer.

Weeell, I'm no Cesar Millan! Heh.

> My dog isn't exactly a pushover
> when she wants something. This morning at breakfast, she started
> lifting my elbow with her snout, a sure sign that she wants something.
> She knows she won't get fed at table, so I eventually relented and got
> up (I was done eating) to see what she wanted. She immediately pranced
> toward the front door, doing a good imitation of a Lipizzaner. I said
> to her -- this is a quote -- "If you trouble to look, you'll see that
> I'm barefoot." She turned right around and headed to the bedroom,
> presumably to supervise.

So funny. Dogs make me laugh.

> We had a nice walk. She does everything I
> tell her to provided I don't tell her to do things she won't (like
> sit, stay).

I found that success is assured if you pick the right dog. I had
a wire fox terrier named Rascal. One day Ron was going out to get
the papers and I said Rascal, make yourself useful, you go get the
papers. She zoomed out to the paper, picked it up and ran it back
into the house. Okay. Well, there's another paper. Zoom, she ran
out and got the other paper. Observant little wench. When people
ask how I taught her that trick, I'd shrug modestly. (laugh)

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:23:39 -0400, Nancy Young <email@replyto> wrote:

>On 9/27/2011 10:00 AM, Lou Decruss wrote:

>>> That sounds like a big bore and I don't know anyone like that who
>>> is happily married. Maybe you're the opposite, you have problems
>>> because you're the one who wants everything your way? Heh.

>> We're not married but we've been together longer than many stay
>> married. We pick our battles and most of the time the stuff isn't
>> really very important. No doormat personalities here and I agree with
>> you it would be boring any other way.

>Really, it's the same here. It's not perfect but it's not worth
>arguing about. When it is, it's because it's an ongoing thing
>that needs to be settled.

Settled or reach a compromise. When we met we had three
over-furnished places between us. We had a Brady Bunch thing going on
with three teenagers. The kids are all in their mid+ 20's (and gone)
and we're down to a three bedroom apartment. We've got way too much
stuff and it's a battle for me to get rid of some of it. I could call
1-800-junk and be done with it but I think it's something we can
slowly work through. I'd rather live in a more Spartan environment
but If I have to overlook a few things I'll do that. She does more
for me.

>If I want someone to just go along with everything I say, I'll get
>a dog.

There are people who seek out a partner to take as an emotional
hostage. Few things annoy me more than when I ask a woman a question
and her husband answers.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doug Freyburger" > wrote in message
> Who_me? wrote:
>>
>> What man needs bottles washed?

> Home brewers.

Hot Sauce makers . I can easily run 6 dozen 5 oz. bottles through the wash