Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou decruss Lou decruss is offline

Default I am not married and I can cook- does that make me wierd.

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:23:39 -0400, Nancy Young <email@replyto> wrote:

>On 9/27/2011 10:00 AM, Lou Decruss wrote:

>>> That sounds like a big bore and I don't know anyone like that who
>>> is happily married. Maybe you're the opposite, you have problems
>>> because you're the one who wants everything your way? Heh.

>> We're not married but we've been together longer than many stay
>> married. We pick our battles and most of the time the stuff isn't
>> really very important. No doormat personalities here and I agree with
>> you it would be boring any other way.

>Really, it's the same here. It's not perfect but it's not worth
>arguing about. When it is, it's because it's an ongoing thing
>that needs to be settled.

Settled or reach a compromise. When we met we had three
over-furnished places between us. We had a Brady Bunch thing going on
with three teenagers. The kids are all in their mid+ 20's (and gone)
and we're down to a three bedroom apartment. We've got way too much
stuff and it's a battle for me to get rid of some of it. I could call
1-800-junk and be done with it but I think it's something we can
slowly work through. I'd rather live in a more Spartan environment
but If I have to overlook a few things I'll do that. She does more
for me.

>If I want someone to just go along with everything I say, I'll get
>a dog.

There are people who seek out a partner to take as an emotional
hostage. Few things annoy me more than when I ask a woman a question
and her husband answers.

Lou