Old 26-09-2011, 11:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I am not married and I can cook- does that make me wierd.

On 25/09/2011 5:00 AM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Sep 24, 10:16 am, Dan wrote:
In ,

On 9/23/2011 9:46 PM, Dan Landau wrote:
HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

Only you can answer that.
It's weird that you can't spell "weird", however.

That is weird

Hmmm... I would say it depends on your thoughts...
If you have thoughts of harming others, then you have severe problems.

Being single is not being weird. I have been single all of life and will
die that way.
It is better to be single than to be married to someone that you cannot
stand to be with.

That's true. I've known people who have been married, some several
times, and they just were never happy with it. Others, like my uncle
Dan, were married a long time (51 years to his first wife), and when she
died, he was in another relationship very quickly.

He was probably looking for a house keeper.

He got one. When he dies she'll get his house.

Most men who have been
married all their lives and then become widowers and jump into another
relationship quickly are looking for a cook, bottle washer,

What man needs bottles washed?

and house
keeper and companionship factors in, too, but it's the live in maid
they want.

Not so. Most guys would prefer a maid who lived elsewhere. A woman who
provides others services might be welcome as a permanent house-guest.

Old 27-09-2011, 03:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad Nad is offline

Who_me? wrote:

Not so. Most guys would prefer a maid who lived elsewhere. A woman who
provides others services might be welcome as a permanent house-guest.

Yes and No for the "might" in my case.

Yes, if I had a maid I would want her live some where else.

No, others services would not be welcome in my home. I would much rather go
to the Bordello for such services.

For companionship, I prefer the Dog, they do not tell you what to do.

--
Nad
Old 27-09-2011, 07:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27/09/2011 12:11 PM, Nad wrote:
wrote:

Not so. Most guys would prefer a maid who lived elsewhere. A woman who
provides others services might be welcome as a permanent house-guest.

Yes and No for the "might" in my case.

Yes, if I had a maid I would want her live some where else.

No, others services would not be welcome in my home. I would much rather go
to the Bordello for such services.

For companionship, I prefer the Dog, they do not tell you what to do.

Don't get a cat then, they are always trying to tell you what to do.

From an old bumper sticker.

"Dogs have masters, cats have staff."

I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
find a woman who has no equal.

Old 27-09-2011, 09:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad Nad is offline

Sock wrote:

I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
find a woman who has no equal.

When it comes to relationships in my life, they end up problematic.

I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

The phrase "man-servant" and "butler" sounded like "Yes Dear". I now know
why you have that rare loving wife, or is it your wife found that rare
"Male"

--
Nad
Old 27-09-2011, 09:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27/09/2011 6:40 PM, Nad wrote:
wrote:

I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
find a woman who has no equal.

When it comes to relationships in my life, they end up problematic.

I am sorry about that. Maybe the next one?

I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

That sounds like something out of an old forties British movie.

The phrase "man-servant" and "butler" sounded like "Yes Dear". I now know
why you have that rare loving wife, or is it your wife found that rare
"Male"

I don't know, but every day I find it hard to believe that I have been
so lucky. She is intelligent, kind, honest, and beautiful to look at. I
met her when she was still a teen and we are now coming up to our
twentieth anniversary.

Old 27-09-2011, 02:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/27/2011 4:40 AM, Nad wrote:
wrote:

I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
find a woman who has no equal.

When it comes to relationships in my life, they end up problematic.

I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

That sounds like a big bore and I don't know anyone like that who
is happily married. Maybe you're the opposite, you have problems
because you're the one who wants everything your way? Heh.

nancy
Old 27-09-2011, 02:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Not so. Most guys would prefer a maid who lived elsewhere. A woman who
provides others services might be welcome as a permanent house-guest.

Yes and No for the "might" in my case.

Yes, if I had a maid I would want her live some where else.

No, others services would not be welcome in my home. I would much rather go
to the Bordello for such services.

For companionship, I prefer the Dog, they do not tell you what to do.

Don't get a cat then, they are always trying to tell you what to do.

From an old bumper sticker.

"Dogs have masters, cats have staff."

I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
find a woman who has no equal.

That would depand on your age and health... with that statement I'll
have to assume you're over fifty and/or in failing health. The
majority of men under 50 and in reasonably good health who lose their
long term spouse remarry as quickly as possible... married men tend to
be happier, more content, and live longer. This does not apply to
those who are living together/shack-ups... without the benefit of
legal marriage regardless what anyone says there is no real
commitment... it's an hour by hour relationship with underlying
stress. I happen to know of three elderly men (70s) who after long
marriages lost their wives and within weeks married their departed
wife's widowed sister, was like they never skipped a beat.
Old 27-09-2011, 02:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:48:59 +1000, Sock wrote:

On 27/09/2011 6:40 PM, Nad wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Virtual newlyweds... be very careful never to take her for granted,
she's still very young.
Old 27-09-2011, 03:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:40:53 -0400, Nancy Young [email protected] wrote:

On 9/27/2011 4:40 AM, Nad wrote:
wrote:

I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
find a woman who has no equal.

When it comes to relationships in my life, they end up problematic.

I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

That sounds like a big bore and I don't know anyone like that who
is happily married. Maybe you're the opposite, you have problems
because you're the one who wants everything your way? Heh.

We're not married but we've been together longer than many stay
married. We pick our battles and most of the time the stuff isn't
really very important. No doormat personalities here and I agree with
you it would be boring any other way.

Lou
Old 27-09-2011, 03:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad Nad is offline

On 9/27/2011 4:40 AM, Nad wrote:
wrote:

I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
find a woman who has no equal.

When it comes to relationships in my life, they end up problematic.

I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

That sounds like a big bore and I don't know anyone like that who
is happily married. Maybe you're the opposite, you have problems
because you're the one who wants everything your way? Heh.

nancy

In my book the only reason to get married is to have kids. If one has no
desire to have and raise kids, there is absolutely no reason to get
married.

Absolutely my way... The world revolves around me and I like it that way

--
Nad

Old 27-09-2011, 03:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/27/2011 10:04 AM, Nad wrote:
Nancy [email protected] wrote:
On 9/27/2011 4:40 AM, Nad wrote:

When it comes to relationships in my life, they end up problematic.

I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

That sounds like a big bore and I don't know anyone like that who
is happily married. Maybe you're the opposite, you have problems
because you're the one who wants everything your way? Heh.

In my book the only reason to get married is to have kids. If one has no
desire to have and raise kids, there is absolutely no reason to get
married.

Hey, I'm not trying to talk you into it.

Absolutely my way... The world revolves around me and I like it that way

(laugh) Nothing wrong with that. Works for my cat.

nancy
Old 27-09-2011, 03:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Not so. Most guys would prefer a maid who lived elsewhere. A woman who
provides others services might be welcome as a permanent house-guest.

Yes and No for the "might" in my case.

Yes, if I had a maid I would want her live some where else.

No, others services would not be welcome in my home. I would much rather go
to the Bordello for such services.

For companionship, I prefer the Dog, they do not tell you what to do.

Don't get a cat then, they are always trying to tell you what to do.

From an old bumper sticker.

"Dogs have masters, cats have staff."

I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
find a woman who has no equal.

That would depand on your age and health... with that statement I'll
have to assume you're over fifty and/or in failing health.

Wrong, at least partly. I am in my fifties but I am in excellent health,
far better than many in their thirties. I am what is often referred to
as a "Gym Junkie" and am obsessive about diet and nutrition. As is my
wife who is more than a decade younger than I.

The
majority of men under 50 and in reasonably good health who lose their
long term spouse remarry as quickly as possible...

Not in my experience, nor in any statistics that I have read. Most seem
to spend quite a while before committing to another relationship. They
certainly are swamped with available ladies, and might well sample a
few, but committing to a marriage takes time.

married men tend to
be happier, more content, and live longer. This does not apply to
those who are living together/shack-ups... without the benefit of
legal marriage regardless what anyone says there is no real
commitment...

More nonsense. You are full of unsubstantiated opinion aren't you?

it's an hour by hour relationship with underlying
stress.

Absolute nonsense. Whatever your personal experience might be, it is not
a template for all others. Many, many people are very happy in long term
but not married relationships.

I happen to know of three elderly men (70s) who after long
marriages lost their wives and within weeks married their departed
wife's widowed sister, was like they never skipped a beat.

I'll just bet you do.

Old 27-09-2011, 03:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/27/2011 10:00 AM, Lou Decruss wrote:
On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:40:53 -0400, Nancy [email protected] wrote:

On 9/27/2011 4:40 AM, Nad wrote:

I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

That sounds like a big bore and I don't know anyone like that who
is happily married. Maybe you're the opposite, you have problems
because you're the one who wants everything your way? Heh.

We're not married but we've been together longer than many stay
married. We pick our battles and most of the time the stuff isn't
really very important. No doormat personalities here and I agree with
you it would be boring any other way.

Really, it's the same here. It's not perfect but it's not worth
arguing about. When it is, it's because it's an ongoing thing
that needs to be settled.

If I want someone to just go along with everything I say, I'll get
a dog.

nancy
Old 27-09-2011, 04:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Who_me? wrote:

What man needs bottles washed?

Home brewers.
Old 27-09-2011, 07:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 27, 10:23*am, Nancy Young [email protected] wrote:

If I want someone to just go along with everything I say, I'll get
a dog.

You must be a really good dog trainer. My dog isn't exactly a pushover
when she wants something. This morning at breakfast, she started
lifting my elbow with her snout, a sure sign that she wants something.
She knows she won't get fed at table, so I eventually relented and got
up (I was done eating) to see what she wanted. She immediately pranced
toward the front door, doing a good imitation of a Lipizzaner. I said
to her -- this is a quote -- "If you trouble to look, you'll see that
I'm barefoot." She turned right around and headed to the bedroom,
presumably to supervise. We had a nice walk. She does everything I
tell her to provided I don't tell her to do things she won't (like
sit, stay).

Jerry
--
Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can
get.