Old 30-11-2010, 11:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Made truffles today

http://oi52.tinypic.com/6ozhps.jpg

Recipe:

1lb dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup cream
2 tbs butter

Heat cream+butter to boil, reduce heat and dump in chocolate, stir
stir stir until smooth. Pour onto baking pan lined with plastic wrap,
cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate to cold, remove to room temp and
allow to fully warm, unwrap top, invert onto MARBLE SLAB (shown in
pic), cut into strips, then into individual pieces, form and dip.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :-)

Merry Christmas!

John Kuthe..

Old 01-12-2010, 03:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:36:06 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
wrote:

Recipe:

1lb dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup cream
2 tbs butter

Heat cream+butter to boil, reduce heat and dump in chocolate, stir
stir stir until smooth. Pour onto baking pan lined with plastic wrap,
cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate to cold, remove to room temp and
allow to fully warm, unwrap top, invert onto MARBLE SLAB (shown in
pic), cut into strips, then into individual pieces, form and dip.

Oh, man.... I haven't done that in years. You're lighting a fire
under me! Wave enough candy recipes under my nose and I'll end up
making something.

Thanks, John.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
Recipe:

1lb dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup cream
2 tbs butter

Heat cream+butter to boil, reduce heat and dump in chocolate, stir
stir stir until smooth. Pour onto baking pan lined with plastic wrap,
cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate to cold, remove to room temp and
allow to fully warm, unwrap top, invert onto MARBLE SLAB (shown in
pic), cut into strips, then into individual pieces, form and dip.

Oh, man.... I haven't done that in years. *You're lighting a fire
under me! *Wave enough candy recipes under my nose and I'll end up
making something.

Thanks, John. *

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

See my "Coconuts are DONE!" post:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...efefa8c5bba7f#

John Kuthe...
Old 01-12-2010, 04:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:36:06 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:

http://oi52.tinypic.com/6ozhps.jpg

Recipe:

1lb dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup cream
2 tbs butter

Heat cream+butter to boil, reduce heat and dump in chocolate, stir
stir stir until smooth. Pour onto baking pan lined with plastic wrap,
cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate to cold, remove to room temp and
allow to fully warm, unwrap top, invert onto MARBLE SLAB (shown in
pic), cut into strips, then into individual pieces, form and dip.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :-)

Merry Christmas!

You'll keep a pot of dipping chocolate on your back porch like that
yet you find a marble slab helpful in this situation?

Is that a baked enamel urinal screen under that marble slab? I do
believe it is!

-sw
Old 01-12-2010, 05:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 30, 10:52*pm, Sqwertz wrote:
You'll keep a pot of dipping chocolate on your back porch like that
yet you find a marble slab helpful in this situation?

Is that a baked enamel urinal screen under that marble slab? *I do
believe it is!

-sw

No Christmas Candy for you, Squertz! You've been a very bad boy!

John Kuthe...

Old 01-12-2010, 07:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
Recipe:

1lb dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup cream
2 tbs butter

Heat cream+butter to boil, reduce heat and dump in chocolate, stir
stir stir until smooth. Pour onto baking pan lined with plastic wrap,
cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate to cold, remove to room temp and
allow to fully warm, unwrap top, invert onto MARBLE SLAB (shown in
pic), cut into strips, then into individual pieces, form and dip.

Oh, man.... I haven't done that in years. *You're lighting a fire
under me! *Wave enough candy recipes under my nose and I'll end up
making something.

Thanks, John. *

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

See my "Coconuts are DONE!" post:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...efefa8c5bba7f#

OMG! I must have missed that one completely... and you *know* how
much I like coconut, I see. LOL! I even have all the ingredients for
that one. Well, truth be known - I have all the ingredients for the
truffles too. Decisions, decisions.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Recipe:

1lb dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup cream
2 tbs butter

Heat cream+butter to boil, reduce heat and dump in chocolate, stir
stir stir until smooth. Pour onto baking pan lined with plastic wrap,
cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate to cold, remove to room temp and
allow to fully warm, unwrap top, invert onto MARBLE SLAB (shown in
pic), cut into strips, then into individual pieces, form and dip.

THat sounds fantastic and easy. Now I want to do it. Can they be made
with liqeur I wonder? And what would be the change in proportions?

--
Currently reading: The Chalice by Phil Rickman and The Walking Dead vol 3
Old 01-12-2010, 12:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
[...]

Oh my. I'm going to put on weight this christmas...better get to the
gym now.

--
Currently reading: The Chalice by Phil Rickman and The Walking Dead vol 3
Old 01-12-2010, 02:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
http://oi52.tinypic.com/6ozhps.jpg

Recipe:

1lb dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup cream
2 tbs butter

Heat cream+butter to boil, reduce heat and dump in chocolate, stir
stir stir until smooth. Pour onto baking pan lined with plastic wrap,
cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate to cold, remove to room temp and
allow to fully warm, unwrap top, invert onto MARBLE SLAB (shown in
pic), cut into strips, then into individual pieces, form and dip.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :-)

Merry Christmas!

John Kuthe..

John, sorry if this is a dumb question but what are you dipping them into?
milk chocolate? I don't see anything mentioned in the recipe. Thanks!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 21:04:27 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:

On Nov 30, 10:52*pm, Sqwertz wrote:
You'll keep a pot of dipping chocolate on your back porch like that
yet you find a marble slab helpful in this situation?

Is that a baked enamel urinal screen under that marble slab? *I do
believe it is!

No Christmas Candy for you, Squertz! You've been a very bad boy!

John Kuthe...

Really, what *is* that under the marble? Or what do you *think* it
is?

-sw

Old 01-12-2010, 06:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...thread/thread/...

OMG! *I must have missed that one completely... and you *know* how
much I like coconut, I see. *LOL! *I even have all the ingredients for
that one. *Well, truth be known - I have all the ingredients for the
truffles too. *Decisions, decisions. *

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

Make 'em both! Why choose?

John Kuthe...
Old 01-12-2010, 06:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 1, 8:05*am, "Kody" wrote:
"John Kuthe" wrote in message

http://oi52.tinypic.com/6ozhps.jpg

Recipe:

1lb dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup cream
2 tbs butter

Heat cream+butter to boil, reduce heat and dump in chocolate, stir
stir stir until smooth. Pour onto baking pan lined with plastic wrap,
cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate to cold, remove to room temp and
allow to fully warm, unwrap top, invert onto MARBLE SLAB (shown in
pic), cut into strips, then into individual pieces, form and dip.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :-)

Merry Christmas!

John Kuthe..

John, sorry if this is a dumb question but what are you dipping them into?
milk chocolate? I don't see anything mentioned in the recipe. Thanks!

Compound coating. I've sampled a variety, and now I buy my covering
chocolate from Chocoley.com. I use their Bada Bing Bada Boom dipping
and enrobing formula, the dark chocolate:

http://www.chocoley.com/badabingbada...ingformula.htm

I cover other things in their milk chocolate enrobing chocolate, in
fact I need to place an order as soon as I figure out how much more I
need.

Chocoley.com's is really the best compound coating I've found. No
tempering required, it's very forgiving and works very nicely. And
tastes really good for compound coating!

John Kuthe...

Old 01-12-2010, 06:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 1, 9:11*am, Sqwertz wrote:
On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 21:04:27 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:
On Nov 30, 10:52 pm, Sqwertz wrote:
You'll keep a pot of dipping chocolate on your back porch like that
yet you find a marble slab helpful in this situation?

Is that a baked enamel urinal screen under that marble slab? I do
believe it is!

No Christmas Candy for you, Squertz! You've been a very bad boy!

John Kuthe...

Really, what *is* that under the marble? *Or what do you *think* it
is?

-sw

An old kitchen table! Stained wood top, no finish other than stain.

John Kuthe...
Old 01-12-2010, 11:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
[...]

Who was the queen of truffles around here? It could have been Mimi.
Anyway, I used her truffle recipe about 12 yrs ago and they did not turn
out. I have not made them since then, and I make candy several times a
year. I may try it again.

Becca
Old 01-12-2010, 11:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/1/2010 12:32 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
Compound coating. I've sampled a variety, and now I buy my covering
chocolate from Chocoley.com. I use their Bada Bing Bada Boom dipping
and enrobing formula, the dark chocolate:

http://www.chocoley.com/badabingbada...ingformula.htm

I cover other things in their milk chocolate enrobing chocolate, in
fact I need to place an order as soon as I figure out how much more I
need.

Chocoley.com's is really the best compound coating I've found. No
tempering required, it's very forgiving and works very nicely. And
tastes really good for compound coating!

John Kuthe...

Looks good. I have never tried that brand, I usually use Wilson's Candy
Melts. I have several packages that have been sitting there waiting for
me.

Becca