Old 01-04-2010, 01:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Groundbreaking today for our community garden

This year I'm going to have to buy too many seedlings. I've just been
too busy to get enough sprouted myself. I do have some jalapeno
seedlings under the grow light. It's supposed to start at 9AM. I am
seriously tempted to make a sign and put it up this morning early.

We've decided that this garden was a stupid idea,
and we've cancelled the whole thing.
--The Management

--Bryan

Old 01-04-2010, 02:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In news:rec.food.cooking, Food Snob+AK4- posted on
Thu, 1 Apr 2010 05:36:35 -0700 (PDT) the following:

This year I'm going to have to buy too many seedlings. I've just been
too busy to get enough sprouted myself. I do have some jalapeno
seedlings under the grow light. It's supposed to start at 9AM. I am
seriously tempted to make a sign and put it up this morning early.

We've decided that this garden was a stupid idea, and we've cancelled
the whole thing.

It's okay. It just means you're just not a communist.

Damaeus
--
"Marijuana leads to homosexuality ... and therefore to AIDS."
White House Drug Czar Carlton Turner 1986
Old 01-04-2010, 03:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 05:36:35 -0700 (PDT), Food Snob®
wrote:

This year I'm going to have to buy too many seedlings. I've just been
too busy to get enough sprouted myself. I do have some jalapeno
seedlings under the grow light. It's supposed to start at 9AM. I am
seriously tempted to make a sign and put it up this morning early.

We've decided that this garden was a stupid idea,
and we've cancelled the whole thing.

Why can't you plant mostly seed directly into the ground?
With many veggies planting seed directly is a huge leap ahead from
transplanting.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
This year I'm going to have to buy too many seedlings. *I've just been
too busy to get enough sprouted myself. *I do have some jalapeno
seedlings under the grow light. *It's supposed to start at 9AM. *I am
seriously tempted to make a sign and put it up this morning early.

We've decided that this garden was a stupid idea,
and we've cancelled the whole thing.

Why can't you plant mostly seed directly into the ground?
With many veggies planting seed directly is a huge leap ahead from
transplanting.

With some things that's definitely true, especially cucumber family,
and I will plant some melons of some kind. I'm mostly interested in
lots of tomatoes, but we also have an 8'x8' raised bed in the back
yard for more of those.

I just went up there, and those bozos are putting the raised beds
together with a nail gun instead of drill and screw or bolt.

--Bryan