Posted to rec.food.cooking
Food SnobŪ[_2_] Food SnobŪ[_2_] is offline

Default Groundbreaking today for our community garden

On Apr 1, 9:19*am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 05:36:35 -0700 (PDT), Food Snob
>
> > wrote:
> >This year I'm going to have to buy too many seedlings. *I've just been
> >too busy to get enough sprouted myself. *I do have some jalapeno
> >seedlings under the grow light. *It's supposed to start at 9AM. *I am
> >seriously tempted to make a sign and put it up this morning early.

> >We've decided that this garden was a stupid idea,
> >and we've cancelled the whole thing.

> Why can't you plant mostly seed directly into the ground?
> With many veggies planting seed directly is a huge leap ahead from
> transplanting.

With some things that's definitely true, especially cucumber family,
and I will plant some melons of some kind. I'm mostly interested in
lots of tomatoes, but we also have an 8'x8' raised bed in the back
yard for more of those.

I just went up there, and those bozos are putting the raised beds
together with a nail gun instead of drill and screw or bolt.

--Bryan