Posted to rec.music.afro-latin,rec.arts.dance,rec.food.cooking

Default NYC-LES Community Garden Salsa HOE-Down

Prev Next Normal view From:
Subject: La Plaza Spring Fling
Date: Monday, May 14, 2007 5:23 PM

Garden members and hanger onsers, please feel free to pass this on.

Please join us for our annual SPRING FLING Fundraiser at La Plaza
Cultural community garden!
this SATURDAY, MAY 19, 5-10 pm
corner of 9th Street and Avenue C

Featuring LIVE SALSA and dancing with the band MASACOTE
Special children's events
Great FOOD, including freshly grilled burgers, BBQ chicken, hot dogs,
salads and a separate grill for vegetarians
Great RAFFLE PRIZES, including dinners at many fine local restaurants

Tickets are $15 for adults, $5 for children
Includes dinner and a drink

La Plaza is looking better than ever this year, with more members,
more visitors, and many young children enjoying this beautiful oasis
on Avenue C. But we can't maintain the park without your help. This
year's hoedown will support the construction of a new retaining wall
in the rear of the garden, so we can restore the top of the hill and
restart our children's growing program.

If you can't make the event, you can always make a donation to La
Plaza Cultural, 200 E. 10th Street, PMB 710, New York, NY 10003
Donations are tax deductible.

Directions: La Plaza is located on the SW corner of Avenue C and 9th
Street in the East Village. Take 4,5,6 to Astor Place or Union Square
and switch to M8, M9 or M14 bus lines or just walk! We're just a block
east from Tompkins Square.

For more info, contact
, or visit our
website, laplazacultural.org