Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What to serve with salmon patties?

All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 4:01*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>
> Jill

Oven roasted asparagus!

Ruth
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 3:01*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>
> Jill

Some green thing - fresh peas or green beans. A winter citrus salad
maybe - Romaine with orange supremes & raw white onion rings....use a
French dressing on it.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jan 12, 1:01 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

The possibilities are endless. Even though salmon is rich it goes
well with a very wide variety of things (except cheese, in our
opinion). I find that putting the patties into the refrigerator for
half an hour or more helps them firm up and stay together when
cooking. During that time you can prepare everything else.

Last night the starch was rice pilaf, the previous time it was sauteed
potatoes (parboil white or red potatoes until not quite done, cool,
dice, season with s&p and dill, toss in quite hot clarified butter
until colored and done). Vegetable last night was broccoli, steamed.
The time before it was diced zucchini and corn fried with a bit of
garlic and a pinch of comino.

One time last month I cooked shallots in butter and oil, added very
thinly sliced carrots and some red bell pepper and some snowpeas,
cooked 2 minutes or so, added a bit of red pepper flakes, then stirred
in a little bit of clam juice I happened to have on hand along with
maybe 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Whisked in a little flour and let it
simmer and thicken. Then I tossed it with some angel hair pasta and
we ate it with salmon. We liked it. -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mookie" > wrote in message
On Jan 12, 4:01 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

Oven roasted asparagus!

Ruth

Ah! If only I had some asparagus! Unfortunately it's not in season right
now

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On Jan 12, 3:01 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

Some green thing - fresh peas or green beans. A winter citrus salad
maybe - Romaine with orange supremes & raw white onion rings....use a
French dressing on it.

N.

Unfortunately it's not the season for fresh peas. I do have some frozen
broccoli florets and frozen green beans. I'm not a fan of raw veggies so
salad would be a "no thank you"

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:34:02 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>On Jan 12, 3:01 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>>

>Some green thing - fresh peas or green beans. A winter citrus salad
>maybe - Romaine with orange supremes & raw white onion rings....use a
>French dressing on it.
>
>N.
>

>Unfortunately it's not the season for fresh peas. I do have some frozen
>broccoli florets and frozen green beans. I'm not a fan of raw veggies so
>salad would be a "no thank you"

Then set parameters instead of saying *All suggestions are welcome".
You're a master at setting traps.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 5:30*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "Mookie" > wrote in message

> On Jan 12, 4:01 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
> > All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

> Oven roasted asparagus!
>
> Ruth
>
> Ah! *If only I had some asparagus! *Unfortunately it's not in season right
> now
>
> Jill

I lucked out on asparagus yesterday at Kroger in my area. They had
nice looking bundles for $1.99. In season is better, but sometimes I
treat myself. You drive a long way to a grocery, though, don't you.
I can see why you don't want to drive there if it's not necessary!
What about roasted squash? I love it roasted with olive oil.
Ruth
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:58:22 -0800 (PST), aem >
wrote:

>(except cheese, in our opinion)

I looked up sides for salmon patties... (something Jill should have
done instead of eliciting responses to shoot down) and one site said
mac & cheese is a traditional southern accompaniment.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>On Jan 12, 3:01 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>>

>Some green thing - fresh peas or green beans. A winter citrus salad
>maybe - Romaine with orange supremes & raw white onion rings....use a
>French dressing on it.
>
>N.
>

>Unfortunately it's not the season for fresh peas. I do have some frozen
>broccoli florets and frozen green beans. I'm not a fan of raw veggies so
>salad would be a "no thank you"

Just the damn thing by itself since you're not going to like any
suggestions anyway. Weirdo.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:58:22 -0800 (PST), aem >
> wrote:
>
>>(except cheese, in our opinion)

> I looked up sides for salmon patties... (something Jill should have
> done instead of eliciting responses to shoot down) and one site said
> mac & cheese is a traditional southern accompaniment.

Mac and cheese doesn't sound quite right to me. I was going to suggest
french fries, and a rocket lettuce salad with a blue cheese dressing.

Kent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:47:32 -0800, "Kent" > wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:58:22 -0800 (PST), aem >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>(except cheese, in our opinion)

>> I looked up sides for salmon patties... (something Jill should have
>> done instead of eliciting responses to shoot down) and one site said
>> mac & cheese is a traditional southern accompaniment.
>>

>Mac and cheese doesn't sound quite right to me. I was going to suggest
>french fries, and a rocket lettuce salad with a blue cheese dressing.

Now she'll say she doesn't want fries or a salad. Probably not bleu
cheese either.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Member

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:58:22 -0800 (PST), aem >
> wrote:
>
>>(except cheese, in our opinion)

> I looked up sides for salmon patties... (something Jill should have
> done instead of eliciting responses to shoot down) and one site said
> mac & cheese is a traditional southern accompaniment.
>

> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Peaches, out of the lurk mode, says; Creamed peas..love 'em with salmon
patties

Peaches in Rowlett TX

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:01:00 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

Mashed potatoes and green peas

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:47:32 -0800, "Kent" > wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:58:22 -0800 (PST), aem >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>(except cheese, in our opinion)

>> I looked up sides for salmon patties... (something Jill should have
>> done instead of eliciting responses to shoot down) and one site said
>> mac & cheese is a traditional southern accompaniment.
>>

>Mac and cheese doesn't sound quite right to me. I was going to suggest
>french fries, and a rocket lettuce salad with a blue cheese dressing.

Another suggestion I saw was cole slaw.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:55:58 -0600, "Peaches" >
wrote:

>Peaches, out of the lurk mode, says; Creamed peas..love 'em with salmon
>patties

do you ever put those baby onions in it?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Spinach quickly sauteed in olive oil and garlic, then splashed with balsamic
vinegar.
Also, salmon patties are tasty with slices of gruyere melted on top.

Sharon

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>
> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jan 12, 1:01*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>
> Jill

Hi Jill, try my recipe for salmon cakes. It's a bit different and
yummy. It's on my website

http://www.hizzoners.com/index.php?o...ials&Itemid=73

A nice side is simple buttered egg noodles seasoned with salt, pepper
and black poppy seeds.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Member

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:55:58 -0600, "Peaches" >
> wrote:
>
>>Peaches, out of the lurk mode, says; Creamed peas..love 'em with salmon
>>patties

> do you ever put those baby onions in it?
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Always. Aw man, now I have to go get some Salmon for tomorrow...darn it, I
didn't want to go out, but I really want this meal now

Peaches

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

Cole slaw works well with all salmon including patties.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>
> Jill

This is not elegant, but my mom would serve spaghetti with marinara
sauce on the side. I love the combination!

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-01-12, jmcquown > wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

Hemlock salad.

nb ....who hates salmon patties
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 5:01*pm, sf > wrote:

> Another suggestion I saw was cole slaw.

Slaw would have been my suggestion and choice, too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 8:28*pm, notbob > wrote:
> On 2010-01-12, jmcquown > wrote:
>
> > All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

> Hemlock salad.
>
> nb ....who hates salmon patties *

Awww bob, were you scared by a can of tuna when a child?? :-))
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>
> Jill

Creamed peas.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller 1-9-2010

Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:58:22 -0800 (PST), aem >
> wrote:
>
> >(except cheese, in our opinion)

> I looked up sides for salmon patties... (something Jill should have
> done instead of eliciting responses to shoot down) and one site said
> mac & cheese is a traditional southern accompaniment.

Of course it is. M&C is a "traditional Southern accompaniment" for damn
near anything.

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 4:46*pm, Lou decruss > wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:34:02 -0500, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> >On Jan 12, 3:01 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> >> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

> >Some green thing - fresh peas or green beans. *A winter citrus salad
> >maybe - Romaine with orange supremes & raw white onion rings....use a
> >French dressing on it.

> >N.

> >Unfortunately it's not the season for fresh peas. *I do have some frozen
> >broccoli florets and frozen green beans. *I'm not a fan of raw veggies so
> >salad would be a "no thank you"

> Just the damn thing by itself since you're not going to like any
> suggestions anyway. *Weirdo.

Isn't she, though? She always does this. I think it's the only way
she can feel like she's getting any attention. Weirdo, indeed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mookie" > wrote

>Oven roasted asparagus!

Yes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jill wrote:

> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

Fried spinach, butternut squash soup, and gingerbread.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Barb wrote:

>> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>>

> Creamed peas.

Or whirled peas.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 4:01*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>
> Jill

Don't know if anyone else asked, but would you please post your
recipe? I'm mainly interested in whether you bake or fry them, and
having them not fall apart.

My sides would be
sliced tomatoes and sweet onions, drizzled with olive oil and basil

squash in some form

couscous if you wanted more starch
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2010 21:36, itsjoannotjoann wrote:
> On Jan 12, 5:01 pm, > wrote:
>

>> Another suggestion I saw was cole slaw.
>>

> Slaw would have been my suggestion and choice, too.

Slaw works well. Did that the other night and the starch was steamed
basmati rice. Along the same lines kimchi works well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote:

> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

Spuds in any form would go well but since you already have the skillet
at the ready how-bout a couple hash brown patties... OR since it's
winter I know I'd opt for a frozen veggie, I keep a stock of those
oriental stir fry blends.... could use it to deglaze your pan and
create a light glossy sauce at the same time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
on Jan Tue 2010 04:34 pm

> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
> .
> .. On Jan 12, 3:01 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>>

> Some green thing - fresh peas or green beans. A winter citrus salad
> maybe - Romaine with orange supremes & raw white onion rings....use a
> French dressing on it.
>
> N.
>

> Unfortunately it's not the season for fresh peas. I do have some
> frozen broccoli florets and frozen green beans. I'm not a fan of raw
> veggies so salad would be a "no thank you"
>
> Jill

a rice side dish, either plain rice or mix in some cooked veggies. maybe even cook the rice in fruit
juice or stock of some kind

--
Is that your nose, or are you eatting a banana? -Jimmy Durante

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in on Jan Tue
2010 05:01 pm

> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:47:32 -0800, "Kent" > wrote:
>

>>"sf" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> I looked up sides for salmon patties... (something Jill should have
>>> done instead of eliciting responses to shoot down) and one site said
>>> mac & cheese is a traditional southern accompaniment.
>>>

>>Mac and cheese doesn't sound quite right to me. I was going to suggest
>>french fries, and a rocket lettuce salad with a blue cheese dressing.
>>

> Another suggestion I saw was cole slaw.

egg noodles with a sauce, say a white dill sauce.

--
Is that your nose, or are you eatting a banana? -Jimmy Durante

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:46:16 -0600, Lou decruss wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:34:02 -0500, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>On Jan 12, 3:01 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>>> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>>>

>>Some green thing - fresh peas or green beans. A winter citrus salad
>>maybe - Romaine with orange supremes & raw white onion rings....use a
>>French dressing on it.
>>
>>N.
>>

>>Unfortunately it's not the season for fresh peas. I do have some frozen
>>broccoli florets and frozen green beans. I'm not a fan of raw veggies so
>>salad would be a "no thank you"

> Just the damn thing by itself since you're not going to like any
> suggestions anyway. Weirdo.
>
> Lou

'not *that* shaggy!'

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 9:39*pm, itsjoannotjoann > wrote:
> On Jan 12, 8:28*pm, notbob > wrote:
>
> > On 2010-01-12, jmcquown > wrote:

> > > All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

> > Hemlock salad.

> > nb ....who hates salmon patties *

> Awww bob, were you scared by a can of tuna when a child?? *:-))

What's wrong with hating salmon patties?

Unlike Bob, I don't know if I like salmon patties, as I've never had
them. However, since I prefer fish and shellfish very gently cooked
(or raw), I doubt I'd like them.

I wouldn't serve hemlock salad on the side, because I'd probably
be eating quite a bit of the sides.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Barb wrote:
>
> >> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
> >>

> > Creamed peas.

> Or whirled peas.
>
> Bob

Yuk, yuk, yuck! :-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller 1-9-2010
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

How'bout (another) glass of your favorite whine?

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

> How'bout (another) glass of your favorite whine?

fist bump

Salmon patties KenK General Cooking 31 06-09-2010 05:49 PM
Salmon Patties 1/4/09 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 16 26-07-2009 11:46 PM
Salmon Patties [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-03-2007 03:46 AM
Salmon Patties Sandy U. Recipes (moderated) 0 06-03-2007 02:22 PM
Salmon Patties [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 20-02-2007 03:26 AM