Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default What to serve with salmon patties?

On Jan 12, 1:01 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

The possibilities are endless. Even though salmon is rich it goes
well with a very wide variety of things (except cheese, in our
opinion). I find that putting the patties into the refrigerator for
half an hour or more helps them firm up and stay together when
cooking. During that time you can prepare everything else.

Last night the starch was rice pilaf, the previous time it was sauteed
potatoes (parboil white or red potatoes until not quite done, cool,
dice, season with s&p and dill, toss in quite hot clarified butter
until colored and done). Vegetable last night was broccoli, steamed.
The time before it was diced zucchini and corn fried with a bit of
garlic and a pinch of comino.

One time last month I cooked shallots in butter and oil, added very
thinly sliced carrots and some red bell pepper and some snowpeas,
cooked 2 minutes or so, added a bit of red pepper flakes, then stirred
in a little bit of clam juice I happened to have on hand along with
maybe 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Whisked in a little flour and let it
simmer and thicken. Then I tossed it with some angel hair pasta and
we ate it with salmon. We liked it. -aem