Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What to serve with salmon patties?

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 19:49:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 11:37:19 AM UTC-10, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> wrote:

>> I think avocado goes with salmon.

>What goes great with salmon is onions, tomatoes, and green onions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kigcpEWGiXw

Salmon is great on a bagel with a schmear.
https://www.caviarrusse.com/boutique...=Smoked%20Fish

Posted to rec.food.cooking

www.RoyalBeets.com Insane!

>> Wow, thank you for replying to my 7 year old post.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Oh, then I take it you've already eaten that can of salmon. :_)

No doubt about it, Wayne.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nothing#

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 1:47:30 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 19:49:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1yahoo.com>
> wrote:

> >> I think avocado goes with salmon.

> >What goes great with salmon is onions, tomatoes, and green onions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kigcpEWGiXw

> Salmon is great on a bagel with a schmear.
> https://www.caviarrusse.com/boutique...=Smoked%20Fish

At $120/lb, it better be!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 1:34:13 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 1:47:30 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 19:49:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1yahoo.com>
> > wrote:

> > >What goes great with salmon is onions, tomatoes, and green onions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kigcpEWGiXw

> > Salmon is great on a bagel with a schmear.
> > https://www.caviarrusse.com/boutique...=Smoked%20Fish

> At $120/lb, it better be!

You can get it a lot cheaper, and it's still quite good.

I'm fond of this:

<https://www.gourmet-food.com/seafood/kendall-brook-smoked-salmon-1000662.aspx?gclid=CjwKCAjwrO_MBRBxEiwAYJnDLLQ83aD EZQ6RGCMimgg7Fkgy3KCDINFPIth9IvUQ6VGzuN3B8hKkBhoCi gIQAvD_BwE>

That four-ounce package has enough salmon for maybe a dozen
bagels, although I usually just pig out on salmon,
Carr's Table Water Crackers, slices of cucumber, capers,
and minced sweet onion.

I might be overestimating how far the package would go when
served on bagels because

1. I haven't had it in a while
2. I don't have much experience with salmon on bagels

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 4:01:00 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>
> Jill

Fresh green beans, blanched and chilled sliced tomatoes, and avacado. Wife appreciated my suggestions
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jill McQuown wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

We have them on a crusty Kaiser roll with tartar sauce.
Home made cole slaw goes well. I say home made because store bought
is almost always factory made, it's typically old, and too salty. Most
times when I've bought cole slaw at a deli it was already begining to
ferment, I could tell because it was very lightly
carbonated. For a long time now I make my own, If I only want a
small amount I'll buy a small savoy cabbage, they are tender and easy
to shred with a knife.
If you don't like cole slaw then cucumber salad goes well.
I wouldn't like anything too heavy with fried salmon pattys, certainly
not french fries, potato salad, or macaroni anything.
Try the recipes from The 2nd Avenue Deli.

I like a carrot and raisin salad but a lot of people don't.
For me about the only side I need for salmon pattys on Kaiser rolls is
my Crystal Palace and Diet Sprite rocks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 4:01:00 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.
>
> Jill

coleslaw and/or kale chips.

Mona
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mona, did you even look at the date of the post to which you responded? ;-)). No worries, I
was guilty of it once, at least....

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 16:24:45 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>Mona, did you even look at the date of the post to which you responded? ;-)). No worries, I
>was guilty of it once, at least....

I can't see the date of the post you responded to. Or the post itself.
Or the author, although I would guess that's Mona
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 7:55:30 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

> I can't see the date of the post you responded to. Or the post itself.
> Or the author, although I would guess that's Mona

Yes, she decided to reply to an eight year old post with a suggestion
what to pair with that nearly decade old dinner.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cool Ranch Croquettes, Was: What to serve with salmon patties?

l not -l wrote:

> On 15-Jan-2018, Nancy2 > wrote:
>
> > Mona, did you even look at the date of the post to which you
> > responded? ;-)). No worries, I
> > was guilty of it once, at least....

> Let's update the question for Mona. What would you serve with
> Cool Ranch Creoqettes? A local (STL) restaurant (Twisted Ranch)
> offers them on their menu;
> "Cool Ranch Croquettes
> Loaded ranched mashed potatoes with cheese, bacon, onion, and
> ranch, breaded in cool ranch Doritos, deep fried and drizzled
> with your choice of ranch."
> So, what vegetable sides will compliment these croquettes?

Buttered cabbage (sweat onions and mushrooms in butter then add chopped
cabbage).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 18:32:11 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 7:55:30 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> I can't see the date of the post you responded to. Or the post itself.
>> Or the author, although I would guess that's Mona
>>

>Yes, she decided to reply to an eight year old post with a suggestion
>what to pair with that nearly decade old dinner.

lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/15/2018 8:56 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I made American style tacos.

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l not -l" wrote in message ...

On 15-Jan-2018, Nancy2 > wrote:

> Mona, did you even look at the date of the post to which you
> responded? ;-)). No worries, I
> was guilty of it once, at least....

Let's update the question for Mona. What would you serve with
Cool Ranch Creoqettes? A local (STL) restaurant (Twisted Ranch)
offers them on their menu;
"Cool Ranch Croquettes
Loaded ranched mashed potatoes with cheese, bacon, onion, and
ranch, breaded in cool ranch Doritos, deep fried and drizzled
with your choice of ranch."
So, what vegetable sides will compliment these croquettes?
==

I just don't understand why some folk get upset about old posts!!!

Surely the things posted can provide something to discuss as seems to be
happening now, or not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 11:18:53 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I just don't understand why some folk get upset about old posts!!!
>
> Surely the things posted can provide something to discuss as seems to be
> happening now, or not

There's nothing wrong with old posts. If history has taught us anything, it is that people want to know what to serve with salmon patties. Well, except for me. I've never made salmon patties. I have made ahi patties. Yum!

Tonight we had the Korean version of fish and chips.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...w9hkxlG3iO2AyA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 11:18:53 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I just don't understand why some folk get upset about old posts!!!
>
> Surely the things posted can provide something to discuss as seems to be
> happening now, or not

There's nothing wrong with old posts. If history has taught us anything, it
is that people want to know what to serve with salmon patties. Well, except
for me. I've never made salmon patties. I have made ahi patties. Yum!

Tonight we had the Korean version of fish and chips.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...w9hkxlG3iO2AyA

==

That is fish and chips eh? wow))

When I was a child my favourite from the fish shop was 'patties', made with
cod and potatoes and then battered)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 11:18:53 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > I just don't understand why some folk get upset about old posts!!!
> >
> > Surely the things posted can provide something to discuss as seems to be
> > happening now, or not

> There's nothing wrong with old posts. If history has taught us anything, it is that people want to know what to serve with salmon patties. Well, except for me. I've never made salmon patties. I have made ahi patties. Yum!

Your ahi patties are probably at least similar to salmon patties.
I've even made faux crab cakes (patties) using canned albacore
tuna. I've never tried substituting the fake "Krab" meat but
I'll bet ya that would work fine too. All are good eats.

I'm also not bothered by the old posts. If it was discussed back
then, many of us weren't here then so it's new to us. Also, after
several years things might have changed. IMO, any post to RFC is
a good post to RFC. At least ppl are still interested in posting
here. :-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 2:58 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 11:18:53 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> I just don't understand why some folk get upset about old posts!!!
>>
>> Surely the things posted can provide something to discuss as seems to be
>> happening now, or not

> There's nothing wrong with old posts. If history has taught us anything, it is that people want to know what to serve with salmon patties. Well, except for me. I've never made salmon patties. I have made ahi patties. Yum!
>
> Tonight we had the Korean version of fish and chips.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...w9hkxlG3iO2AyA

Wow - impressive batter splatter!

Those look tempura light and tasty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Did I sound upset, Ophelia? I don't think I did. Anyway, I just wanted to point out how
old the post was, and the OP probably has already eaten that dinner.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 11:12 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> Did I sound upset, Ophelia? I don't think I did. Anyway, I just wanted to point out how
> old the post was, and the OP probably has already eaten that dinner.
>
> N.

Are you too ****ing stupid to quote the text you're responding to,
google-tard?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" wrote in message

Did I sound upset, Ophelia? I don't think I did. Anyway, I just wanted to
point out how
old the post was, and the OP probably has already eaten that dinner.

N.

==

I don't know if you were upset. I hope you weren't, it just seems that if
we get an old post, someone pops up to complain about it. I don't think it
is anyone's fault and it just seems daft. Sometimes it will lead to an
interesting discussion and that is never wasted

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 9:18 AM, Casa Fortuna wrote:
> On 1/16/2018 11:12 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
>> Did I sound upset, Ophelia?Â* I don't think I did.Â* Anyway, I just
>> wanted to point out how
>> old the post was, and the OP probably has already eaten that dinner.
>>
>> N.
>>

> Are you too ****ing stupid to quote the text you're responding to,
> google-tard?

Would you like me to tear your ****ing lips clean off your face, troll?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 11:31 AM, Boner troll socked up as Casa Fortuna wrote:
> On 1/16/2018 9:18 AM, Casa Fortuna wrote:
>> On 1/16/2018 11:12 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
>>> Did I sound upset, Ophelia?Â* I don't think I did.Â* Anyway, I just
>>> wanted to point out how
>>> old the post was, and the OP probably has already eaten that dinner.
>>>
>>> N.
>>>

>> Are you too ****ing stupid to quote the text you're responding to,
>> google-tard?

> Would you like me to tear your ****ing lips clean off your face, troll?

Get to steppin' you sawed off little shitstain.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 9:32 AM, Casa Fortuna wrote:
> On 1/16/2018 11:31 AM, Boner troll socked up as Casa Fortuna wrote:

>>> Are you too ****ing stupid to quote the text you're responding to,
>>> google-tard?

>> Would you like me to tear your ****ing lips clean off your face, troll?
> >

> Get to steppin' you sawed off little shitstain.

I'm right here a waiting on your bad self, ****.

BRING IT!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

>Tonight we had the Korean version of fish and chips.
>https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...w9hkxlG3iO2AyA

RFC is quickly becoming a ******** when people
resort to posting pictures of take out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 10:30 AM, wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> Tonight we had the Korean version of fish and chips.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...w9hkxlG3iO2AyA

> RFC is quickly becoming a ******** when people
> resort to posting pictures of take out.

As opposed to posting their hot bod old wives for compliments?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 5:32:16 AM UTC-10, Casa Fortuna wrote:

> Wow - impressive batter splatter!
>
> Those look tempura light and tasty.

That's the way the Koreans do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamzyhUXeMc
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 11:27 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 5:32:16 AM UTC-10, Casa Fortuna wrote:
>>

>> Wow - impressive batter splatter!
>>
>> Those look tempura light and tasty.

> That's the way the Koreans do it.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamzyhUXeMc

Dude, save it for some other "haole", I haven't even signed on to secede
from my nation...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Am Dienstag, 16. Januar 2018 19:27:33 UTC+1 schrieb dsi1:
> On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 5:32:16 AM UTC-10, Casa Fortuna wrote:
> >

> > Wow - impressive batter splatter!
> >
> > Those look tempura light and tasty.

> That's the way the Koreans do it.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamzyhUXeMc

Ah, maangchi.com - I recommended her site several times.

Bye, Sanne.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-16 12:30 PM, wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> Tonight we had the Korean version of fish and chips.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...w9hkxlG3iO2AyA

> RFC is quickly becoming a ******** when people
> resort to posting pictures of take out.

Says the man who recently posted photos of his Chinese food order.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> Tonight we had the Korean version of fish and chips.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...w9hkxlG3iO2AyA

> RFC is quickly becoming a ******** when people
> resort to posting pictures of take out.

Is there ANY entity other than Lung Guyland that isn't a ******** Popeye?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "l not -l" wrote in message ...
>

> On 15-Jan-2018, Nancy2 > wrote:
>
> > Mona, did you even look at the date of the post to which you
> > responded? ;-)). No worries, I
> > was guilty of it once, at least....

> Let's update the question for Mona. What would you serve with
> Cool Ranch Creoqettes? A local (STL) restaurant (Twisted Ranch)
> offers them on their menu;
> "Cool Ranch Croquettes
> Loaded ranched mashed potatoes with cheese, bacon, onion, and
> ranch, breaded in cool ranch Doritos, deep fried and drizzled
> with your choice of ranch."
> So, what vegetable sides will compliment these croquettes?
> ==
>
> I just don't understand why some folk get upset about old posts!!!
>
> Surely the things posted can provide something to discuss as seems to
> be happening now, or not

The stray doesn't bother me. It's only when they get specific to a
person long gone that it's awkward. We can still address it if the new
person has a question though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 11:18:53 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > I just don't understand why some folk get upset about old posts!!!
> >
> > Surely the things posted can provide something to discuss as seems
> > to be happening now, or not

> There's nothing wrong with old posts. If history has taught us
> anything, it is that people want to know what to serve with salmon
> patties. Well, except for me. I've never made salmon patties. I have
> made ahi patties. Yum!
>
> Tonight we had the Korean version of fish and chips.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...k8TgBo7gcw9hkx
> lG3iO2AyA

Humm! The 'fish' reminds me of the semi-dried then oiled and batter
deepfried calimari? Close maybe? They are on rice with kimchee and
what seems to be a radish or root salad and some sort of maybe puffed
potato thing? Loos like soy at the center.

Salmon patties KenK General Cooking 31 06-09-2010 05:49 PM
Salmon Patties 1/4/09 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 16 26-07-2009 11:46 PM
Salmon Patties [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-03-2007 03:46 AM
Salmon Patties Sandy U. Recipes (moderated) 0 06-03-2007 02:22 PM
Salmon Patties [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 20-02-2007 03:26 AM