Old 10-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Ken Knecht

Default Keeping salt from sticking together in shaker?

Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
the moisture?

TIA

--
Untie the two knots to email me

"Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty."
Nietzche

Old 10-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Jessica V.

Ken Knecht wrote:

Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
the moisture?

TIA

Some people put a few grains of rice in the shaker.

I've found that Kosher salt doesn't stick together anywhere near as much
as regular table salt does...possibly due to the size of the grains.

Jessica

Old 10-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Wayne

Ken Knecht wrote in
:

Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
the moisture?

TIA

Funny, I live in Apache Junction and have never had that problem.

I understand adding rice to the shaker will prevent the sticking.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Old 10-09-2004, 06:42 PM
kilikini

"Ken Knecht" wrote in message
Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
the moisture?

TIA

--
Untie the two knots to email me

"Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty."
Nietzche

Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!

kili

Old 10-09-2004, 07:05 PM
PENMART01

Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!

kili

Salt ice... hmm, must be when yoose get the uge but can't afford Spam. hehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Old 10-09-2004, 07:06 PM
Dave Smith

Ken Knecht wrote:

Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
the moisture?

Put some grains of uncooked rice in the shaker.

Old 10-09-2004, 07:17 PM
kilikini

"PENMART01" wrote in message
Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!

kili

Salt ice... hmm, must be when yoose get the uge but can't afford Spam.

hehe

Spam, Spam the magical meat. When you eat it it's such a treat. What's in
it we'll never know, just open your mouth and down it goes.

(Okay, I can't make up a good rhyme.)

kili

Old 10-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Katra

wrote:

Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
the moisture?

Rice.

Ditto. My parents always put rice grains in the shaker when we lived
near the coast. :-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 10-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Steve Calvin

kilikini wrote:

"Ken Knecht" wrote in message

Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
the moisture?

TIA

--
Untie the two knots to email me

"Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty."
Nietzche

Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!

kili

I used to use rice before I had the central air/humidity control
system put in the house but how is adding frozen water going to solve
a problem caused by to high of a moisture content?
I can't figure that one out.

??

--
Steve

If the speed of light is 186,000 miles/sec., what's the speed of
darkness?