Ken Knecht

Default Keeping salt from sticking together in shaker?

Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
the moisture?

TIA

--
Untie the two knots to email me

"Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty."
Nietzche

elaine

"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
> Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
> I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
> there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
> the moisture?

Rice

Jessica V.

Ken Knecht wrote:

> Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
> I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
> there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
> the moisture?
>
> TIA

Some people put a few grains of rice in the shaker.

I've found that Kosher salt doesn't stick together anywhere near as much
as regular table salt does...possibly due to the size of the grains.

Jessica
Jessica V.

Ken Knecht wrote:

> Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
> I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
> there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
> the moisture?
>
> TIA

Some people put a few grains of rice in the shaker.

I've found that Kosher salt doesn't stick together anywhere near as much
as regular table salt does...possibly due to the size of the grains.

Jessica
Wayne

Ken Knecht > wrote in
:

> Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
> I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
> there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
> the moisture?
>
> TIA

Funny, I live in Apache Junction and have never had that problem.

I understand adding rice to the shaker will prevent the sticking.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

kilikini

"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
> Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
> I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
> there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
> the moisture?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Untie the two knots to email me
>
> "Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty."
> Nietzche

Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!

kili

Concordia

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:19:35 GMT, Ken Knecht >
wrote:

>Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
>I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
>there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
>the moisture?

Rice.
Concordia

wrote:

>Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
>I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
>there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
>the moisture?

Rice.
PENMART01

>Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
>little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!
>
>kili

Salt ice... hmm, must be when yoose get the uge but can't afford Spam. hehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Dave Smith

Ken Knecht wrote:

> Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
> I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
> there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
> the moisture?

Put some grains of uncooked rice in the shaker.

Dave Smith

Ken Knecht wrote:

> Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
> I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
> there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
> the moisture?

Put some grains of uncooked rice in the shaker.

kilikini

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
> >little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!
> >
> >kili

> Salt ice... hmm, must be when yoose get the uge but can't afford Spam.

hehe

Spam, Spam the magical meat. When you eat it it's such a treat. What's in
it we'll never know, just open your mouth and down it goes.

(Okay, I can't make up a good rhyme.)

kili

kilikini

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
> >little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!
> >
> >kili

> Salt ice... hmm, must be when yoose get the uge but can't afford Spam.

hehe

Spam, Spam the magical meat. When you eat it it's such a treat. What's in
it we'll never know, just open your mouth and down it goes.

(Okay, I can't make up a good rhyme.)

kili

Katra

In article >,
Concordia > wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:19:35 GMT, Ken Knecht >
> wrote:
>
> >Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
> >I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
> >there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
> >the moisture?

> Rice.

Ditto. My parents always put rice grains in the shaker when we lived
near the coast. :-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Steve Calvin

kilikini wrote:

> "Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
>
>>Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
>>I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
>>there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
>>the moisture?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>--
>>Untie the two knots to email me
>>
>>"Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty."
>>Nietzche
>>

> Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
> little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!
>
> kili

I used to use rice before I had the central air/humidity control
system put in the house but how is adding frozen water going to solve
a problem caused by to high of a moisture content?
I can't figure that one out.

??

--
Steve

If the speed of light is 186,000 miles/sec., what's the speed of
darkness?

Steve Calvin

kilikini wrote:

> "Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
>
>>Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
>>I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
>>there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
>>the moisture?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>--
>>Untie the two knots to email me
>>
>>"Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty."
>>Nietzche
>>

> Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
> little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!
>
> kili

I used to use rice before I had the central air/humidity control
system put in the house but how is adding frozen water going to solve
a problem caused by to high of a moisture content?
I can't figure that one out.

??

--
Steve

If the speed of light is 186,000 miles/sec., what's the speed of
darkness?

Steve Calvin

Steve Calvin wrote:
>> Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
>> little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!
>>
>> kili
>>

> I used to use rice before I had the central air/humidity control system
> put in the house but how is adding frozen water going to solve a problem
> caused by to high of a moisture content?
> I can't figure that one out.
>
> ??

Nevermind... after reflecting, I "assume" that "ice" was a typo and
you meant rice.

--
Steve (the slow one sometimes)

If the speed of light is 186,000 miles/sec., what's the speed of
darkness?

Steve Calvin

Steve Calvin wrote:
>> Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
>> little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!
>>
>> kili
>>

> I used to use rice before I had the central air/humidity control system
> put in the house but how is adding frozen water going to solve a problem
> caused by to high of a moisture content?
> I can't figure that one out.
>
> ??

Nevermind... after reflecting, I "assume" that "ice" was a typo and
you meant rice.

--
Steve (the slow one sometimes)

If the speed of light is 186,000 miles/sec., what's the speed of
darkness?

kilikini

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> kilikini wrote:
>
> > "Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
> >>I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
> >>there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
> >>the moisture?
> >>
> >>TIA
> >>
> >>--
> >>Untie the two knots to email me
> >>
> >>"Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty."
> >>Nietzche
> >>

> > Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
> > little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!
> >
> > kili
> >

> I used to use rice before I had the central air/humidity control
> system put in the house but how is adding frozen water going to solve
> a problem caused by to high of a moisture content?
> I can't figure that one out.
>
> ??
>
> --
> Steve

ROFL, shoots, Steve! I can't type. LOL. Thanks for pointing that out.

kili

PENMART01

>Steve Calvin writes:
>
>kilikini wrote:
>
>> Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
>> little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!
>>

>I used to use rice before I had the central air/humidity control
>system put in the house but how is adding frozen water going to solve
>a problem caused by to high of a moisture content?
>
>I can't figure that one out.

Kinda like how you typed "to high of"... except kili's " ice" is obviously a
typo... and yours is obviously because you don't know better. hehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Steve Calvin

PENMART01 wrote:

>>Steve Calvin writes:
>>
>>kilikini wrote:
>>

>>>Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
>>>little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!
>>>

>>I used to use rice before I had the central air/humidity control
>>system put in the house but how is adding frozen water going to solve
>>a problem caused by to high of a moisture content?
>>
>>I can't figure that one out.

> Kinda like how you typed "to high of"... except kili's " ice" is obviously a
> typo... and yours is obviously because you don't know better. hehe
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

I never claimed that proper english was one of my strengths and also
took that post "back" about two minutes later...

--
Steve

If the speed of light is 186,000 miles/sec., what's the speed of
darkness?

Steve Calvin

PENMART01 wrote:

>>Steve Calvin writes:
>>
>>kilikini wrote:
>>

>>>Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
>>>little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!
>>>

>>I used to use rice before I had the central air/humidity control
>>system put in the house but how is adding frozen water going to solve
>>a problem caused by to high of a moisture content?
>>
>>I can't figure that one out.

> Kinda like how you typed "to high of"... except kili's " ice" is obviously a
> typo... and yours is obviously because you don't know better. hehe
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

I never claimed that proper english was one of my strengths and also
took that post "back" about two minutes later...

--
Steve

If the speed of light is 186,000 miles/sec., what's the speed of
darkness?

J.J. in WA

Our pal Ken Knecht > wrote:

> Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
> I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
> there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
> the moisture?

Husband puts a few grains of rice in his lunch box salt shaker,
to keep it from clumping...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
J.J. in WA

Our pal Ken Knecht > wrote:

> Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
> I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
> there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
> the moisture?

Husband puts a few grains of rice in his lunch box salt shaker,
to keep it from clumping...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
(COLD to HOT for e-mail)
zuuum

"kilikini" > wrote in message

> Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
> little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!

Of course you meant R ice. Some people use popcorn, which has heavier
kernals. They both work to break up damp rice, but few things absorb water
as fast as salt. The OP asked for something to absorb the moisture.

zuuum

"kilikini" > wrote in message

> Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
> little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!

Of course you meant R ice. Some people use popcorn, which has heavier
kernals. They both work to break up damp rice, but few things absorb water
as fast as salt. The OP asked for something to absorb the moisture.

PENMART01

>"zuuum" writes:
>
>"kilikini" wrote:
>>
>> Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
>> little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!

>Of course you meant R ice. Some people use popcorn, which has heavier
>kernals. They both work to break up damp rice, but few things absorb water
>as fast as salt. The OP asked for something to absorb the moisture.

Has nothing to do with breaking up salt clumps mechanically... in fact
attempting to separate clumped salt when moist only worsens the situation.
When salt is clumped due to excessive moisture it's best to just leave the salt
alone while waiting for the humidity to abate, otherwise the salt will begin to
further dissolve same as when stirring salt in a pot of water disolves faster
due to agitation, and then when teh humidty lessens the salt will be solidly
encrusted, no longer suitable for use in a salt shaker.

Both rice and popcorn kernels absorb and wick moisture to their interiors
without it condensing on their surfaces the way moisture condences on the
surfaces of salt crystals. Rice and popcorn kernels behave similar to those
those desiccant capsules sometimes included with medications... both work quite
well at keeping the interior of a salt shaker dehumidified, and in turn
detering salt from clumping, because they only release the absorbed moisture
during periods of low humidity, therefore keep working, and working, and
working....

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>"zuuum" writes:
>
>"kilikini" wrote:
>>
>> Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
>> little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!

>Of course you meant R ice. Some people use popcorn, which has heavier
>kernals. They both work to break up damp rice, but few things absorb water
>as fast as salt. The OP asked for something to absorb the moisture.

Has nothing to do with breaking up salt clumps mechanically... in fact
attempting to separate clumped salt when moist only worsens the situation.
When salt is clumped due to excessive moisture it's best to just leave the salt
alone while waiting for the humidity to abate, otherwise the salt will begin to
further dissolve same as when stirring salt in a pot of water disolves faster
due to agitation, and then when teh humidty lessens the salt will be solidly
encrusted, no longer suitable for use in a salt shaker.

Both rice and popcorn kernels absorb and wick moisture to their interiors
without it condensing on their surfaces the way moisture condences on the
surfaces of salt crystals. Rice and popcorn kernels behave similar to those
those desiccant capsules sometimes included with medications... both work quite
well at keeping the interior of a salt shaker dehumidified, and in turn
detering salt from clumping, because they only release the absorbed moisture
during periods of low humidity, therefore keep working, and working, and
working....

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>Steve Calvin
>Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
>Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:10:56 -0400

>PENMART01 wrote:
>
>>>Steve Calvin writes:

>>>I used to use rice before I had the central air/humidity control
>>>system put in the house but how is adding frozen water going to solve
>>>a problem caused by to high of a moisture content?
>>>
>>>I can't figure that one out.

>> Kinda like how you typed "to high of"... except kili's " ice" is obviously

>> typo... and yours is obviously because you don't know better. hehe

>I never claimed that proper english was one of my strengths

Well, by the story you concocted it's evidant that you certainly seemed to have
enjoyed causing kili's error the object of your mirth...

and also
>took that post "back" about two minutes later...

Well, you weren't quick enough, because I saw your apology immediately after I
sent my response to your post... sorry.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>Steve Calvin
>Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
>Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:10:56 -0400

>PENMART01 wrote:
>
>>>Steve Calvin writes:

>>>I used to use rice before I had the central air/humidity control
>>>system put in the house but how is adding frozen water going to solve
>>>a problem caused by to high of a moisture content?
>>>
>>>I can't figure that one out.

>> Kinda like how you typed "to high of"... except kili's " ice" is obviously

>> typo... and yours is obviously because you don't know better. hehe

>I never claimed that proper english was one of my strengths

Well, by the story you concocted it's evidant that you certainly seemed to have
enjoyed causing kili's error the object of your mirth...

and also
>took that post "back" about two minutes later...

Well, you weren't quick enough, because I saw your apology immediately after I
sent my response to your post... sorry.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Steve Calvin

PENMART01 wrote:
<snip>

>>I never claimed that proper english was one of my strengths

> Well, by the story you concocted it's evidant that you certainly seemed to have
> enjoyed causing kili's error the object of your mirth...

No an idea in the world what "story" you're referring to.

> and also
>
>>took that post "back" about two minutes later...

> Well, you weren't quick enough, because I saw your apology immediately after I
> sent my response to your post... sorry.

Well, given that my original post was time stamped at 2:40PM and my
"retraction" was time stamped at 2:45 and you're reply was time
stamped at 2:54 I rather doubt the sincerity. But it really doesn't
matter to me one way or the other. No apology necessary, but
appreciated. I'll chock it up to slow proliferation of posts through
the servers.

Question though, why include the headers? Again, I really don't care
I'm just curious.

--
Steve

If the speed of light is 186,000 miles/sec., what's the speed of
darkness?

Steve Calvin

PENMART01 wrote:
<snip>

>>I never claimed that proper english was one of my strengths

> Well, by the story you concocted it's evidant that you certainly seemed to have
> enjoyed causing kili's error the object of your mirth...

No an idea in the world what "story" you're referring to.

> and also
>
>>took that post "back" about two minutes later...

> Well, you weren't quick enough, because I saw your apology immediately after I
> sent my response to your post... sorry.

Well, given that my original post was time stamped at 2:40PM and my
"retraction" was time stamped at 2:45 and you're reply was time
stamped at 2:54 I rather doubt the sincerity. But it really doesn't
matter to me one way or the other. No apology necessary, but
appreciated. I'll chock it up to slow proliferation of posts through
the servers.

Question though, why include the headers? Again, I really don't care
I'm just curious.

--
Steve

If the speed of light is 186,000 miles/sec., what's the speed of
darkness?

Dave Smith

zuuum wrote:

> Of course you meant R ice. Some people use popcorn, which has heavier
> kernals. They both work to break up damp rice, but few things absorb water
> as fast as salt. The OP asked for something to absorb the moisture.

Rice does absorb the moisture. The salt stays dry and runs freely. You'd have
to shake like hell to get a little grain of rice to break up a clump of salt.

Dave Smith

zuuum wrote:

> Of course you meant R ice. Some people use popcorn, which has heavier
> kernals. They both work to break up damp rice, but few things absorb water
> as fast as salt. The OP asked for something to absorb the moisture.

Rice does absorb the moisture. The salt stays dry and runs freely. You'd have
to shake like hell to get a little grain of rice to break up a clump of salt.

zuuum

Your knowledge never ceases to amaze me, Sheldon. I wondered how anything
could be more hygroscopic than salt and still be food safe. But it makes
sense that agitating damp salt would only speed its liquification.
Personally, I never had much luck using shakers in humid environs. I almost
always pinch it from my palm.

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"zuuum" writes:
>>
>>"kilikini" wrote:
>>>
>>> Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
>>> little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!

>>Of course you meant R ice. Some people use popcorn, which has heavier
>>kernals. They both work to break up damp rice, but few things absorb
>>water
>>as fast as salt. The OP asked for something to absorb the moisture.

> Has nothing to do with breaking up salt clumps mechanically... in fact
> attempting to separate clumped salt when moist only worsens the situation.
> When salt is clumped due to excessive moisture it's best to just leave the
> salt
> alone while waiting for the humidity to abate, otherwise the salt will
> begin to
> further dissolve same as when stirring salt in a pot of water disolves
> faster
> due to agitation, and then when teh humidty lessens the salt will be
> solidly
> encrusted, no longer suitable for use in a salt shaker.
>
> Both rice and popcorn kernels absorb and wick moisture to their interiors
> without it condensing on their surfaces the way moisture condences on the
> surfaces of salt crystals. Rice and popcorn kernels behave similar to
> those
> those desiccant capsules sometimes included with medications... both work
> quite
> well at keeping the interior of a salt shaker dehumidified, and in turn
> detering salt from clumping, because they only release the absorbed
> moisture
> during periods of low humidity, therefore keep working, and working, and
> working....
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

zuuum

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"zuuum" writes:
>>
>>"kilikini" wrote:
>>>
>>> Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
>>> little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!

>>Of course you meant R ice. Some people use popcorn, which has heavier
>>kernals. They both work to break up damp rice, but few things absorb
>>water
>>as fast as salt. The OP asked for something to absorb the moisture.

> Has nothing to do with breaking up salt clumps mechanically... in fact
> attempting to separate clumped salt when moist only worsens the situation.
> When salt is clumped due to excessive moisture it's best to just leave the
> salt
> alone while waiting for the humidity to abate, otherwise the salt will
> begin to
> further dissolve same as when stirring salt in a pot of water disolves
> faster
> due to agitation, and then when teh humidty lessens the salt will be
> solidly
> encrusted, no longer suitable for use in a salt shaker.
>
> Both rice and popcorn kernels absorb and wick moisture to their interiors
> without it condensing on their surfaces the way moisture condences on the
> surfaces of salt crystals. Rice and popcorn kernels behave similar to
> those
> those desiccant capsules sometimes included with medications... both work
> quite
> well at keeping the interior of a salt shaker dehumidified, and in turn
> detering salt from clumping, because they only release the absorbed
> moisture
> during periods of low humidity, therefore keep working, and working, and
> working....
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

zuuum

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"zuuum" writes:
>>
>>"kilikini" wrote:
>>>
>>> Here in Hawaii we have humidity year round. All the restaurants use a
>>> little bit of ice in their shakers. It works!

>>Of course you meant R ice. Some people use popcorn, which has heavier
>>kernals. They both work to break up damp rice, but few things absorb
>>water
>>as fast as salt. The OP asked for something to absorb the moisture.

> Has nothing to do with breaking up salt clumps mechanically... in fact
> attempting to separate clumped salt when moist only worsens the situation.
> When salt is clumped due to excessive moisture it's best to just leave the
> salt
> alone while waiting for the humidity to abate, otherwise the salt will
> begin to
> further dissolve same as when stirring salt in a pot of water disolves
> faster
> due to agitation, and then when teh humidty lessens the salt will be
> solidly
> encrusted, no longer suitable for use in a salt shaker.
>
> Both rice and popcorn kernels absorb and wick moisture to their interiors
> without it condensing on their surfaces the way moisture condences on the
> surfaces of salt crystals. Rice and popcorn kernels behave similar to
> those
> those desiccant capsules sometimes included with medications... both work
> quite
> well at keeping the interior of a salt shaker dehumidified, and in turn
> detering salt from clumping, because they only release the absorbed
> moisture
> during periods of low humidity, therefore keep working, and working, and
> working....
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

PENMART01

>> Well, you weren't quick enough, because I saw your apology immediately
>after I
>> sent my response to your post... sorry.

>Well, given that my original post was time stamped at 2:40PM and my
>"retraction" was time stamped at 2:45 and you're reply was time
>stamped at 2:54 I rather doubt the sincerity. But it really doesn't
>matter to me one way or the other. No apology necessary, but
>appreciated. I'll chock it up to slow proliferation of posts through
>the servers.

The time stamp means nothing... I could have replied to your post and then not
downloaded the next batch of posts until the next day... I would not have seen
your apology till then. But I was honest, I was busy replying to your post
(and I type slow too) and sent it before downloading the next batch perhaps 15
minutes later, and that's the first I saw your apology. But that matters not,
because even had I seen your apology before sending my reply I still would have
sent it, on the general principle that I had already took the pains to type it
and because your apology didn't warrant my retraction, and that because you
initially took great pride in composing your funny littly story so as to
humiliate kili (your story was included with your previous post, go look). The
fact that you don't read well enough to have spotted her error as a typical
typo is no one elses responsibility. Perhaps in the future you'll be less avid
with your replys... take the time to carefully digest what's before you, and
stop checking the minutes.

>Question though, why include the headers? Again, I really don't care
>I'm just curious.

I'm not sure what you mean.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>> Well, you weren't quick enough, because I saw your apology immediately
>after I
>> sent my response to your post... sorry.

>Well, given that my original post was time stamped at 2:40PM and my
>"retraction" was time stamped at 2:45 and you're reply was time
>stamped at 2:54 I rather doubt the sincerity. But it really doesn't
>matter to me one way or the other. No apology necessary, but
>appreciated. I'll chock it up to slow proliferation of posts through
>the servers.

The time stamp means nothing... I could have replied to your post and then not
downloaded the next batch of posts until the next day... I would not have seen
your apology till then. But I was honest, I was busy replying to your post
(and I type slow too) and sent it before downloading the next batch perhaps 15
minutes later, and that's the first I saw your apology. But that matters not,
because even had I seen your apology before sending my reply I still would have
sent it, on the general principle that I had already took the pains to type it
and because your apology didn't warrant my retraction, and that because you
initially took great pride in composing your funny littly story so as to
humiliate kili (your story was included with your previous post, go look). The
fact that you don't read well enough to have spotted her error as a typical
typo is no one elses responsibility. Perhaps in the future you'll be less avid
with your replys... take the time to carefully digest what's before you, and
stop checking the minutes.

>Question though, why include the headers? Again, I really don't care
>I'm just curious.

I'm not sure what you mean.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Ken Knecht
> wrote:

> Every year in monsoon season in AZ I have salt that won't shake.
> I have to keep the shaker in the refrigerator to make it work. Is
> there anything I can put in the shaker with the salt to absorb
> the moisture?
>
> TIA

Raw rice. Several grains.
--