Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
notbob

Default AB's cole slaw ...yuk!

I tried AB's trick of salting raw cabbage slaw to leach the moisture
out so it wouldn't get soggy, then washing and draining . It didn't work
out too well. Sure, the moisture was drawn out, but I could never get the
salt off, no matter how many times I wash and dried. Maybe I left the salt
on too long. Anyone remember the recommended time? Also, while the slaw
did as predicted, more of less, and no more liquid leached out to water
down the dressing, the slaw itself was less than appetizing. Besides the
residual salt taste, the cabbage was kinda leathery. Still crunchy, mind
you, but a diminished crunchy.

I don't think I'll be trying this again.

nb

kfc cole slaw notbob General Cooking 6 20-12-2011 08:43 AM
Cole Slaw Ed Pawlowski[_2_] Barbecue 7 09-04-2011 07:39 AM
KFC Cole Slaw Janis Lang Recipes (moderated) 0 27-06-2007 04:15 AM
Cole Slaw help Randy Stoeckinger General Cooking 32 26-10-2004 11:51 AM
Cole Slaw Hu£kingBrute Recipes (moderated) 0 26-06-2004 05:16 PM