Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Hu£kingBrute

Default Cole Slaw

> Sumer is finally here and I am yearning for coleslaw. My recipe just
> isn.t that good. Do any of you have a really good vesaion you would
> share?

Try this one, Lenora. It's simple, basic and my favorite!

Cole Slaw

1 head green cabbage, well washed, shredded
2 carrots, shredded
1 green pepper, shredded
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 T. salt
2 T. granulated sugar
1/2 cup wine vinegar
2/3 cup water
1.5 cups real mayonnaise

Put shredded vegetables into a large bowl. Mix spices, sugar, vinegar, and
water. Stir well to dissolve the salt and sugar, and pour this over the
vegetables. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 1 or 2 hours. Drain
well; salad spinner works well for this. Be sure that all of the liquid is
gone or the salad will be watery. Toss with mayonnaise, and chill before
serving. Cole slaw keeps, in the refrigerator, for 1-3 days. Be sure that
any leftovers are immediately refrigerated.

--
HB

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives:

kfc cole slaw notbob General Cooking 6 20-12-2011 08:43 AM
Cole Slaw Ed Pawlowski[_2_] Barbecue 7 09-04-2011 07:39 AM
KFC Cole Slaw Janis Lang Recipes (moderated) 0 27-06-2007 04:15 AM
KFC Cole Slaw Chef R W Miller Recipes (moderated) 0 15-04-2007 02:10 AM
Cole Slaw help Randy Stoeckinger General Cooking 32 26-10-2004 11:51 AM