Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default kfc cole slaw

here's a basic recipe:

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/KFC-...aw-Recipe.html

There's a whole wide latitude, but the basics can't be denied. You
can forget the buttermilk and salt and ppr, maybe even hold it to one
sour ingredient, lemon or vinegar. Mayo, sugar, milk, sour juice is
all you need. Also, don't make it too thin. The recipe says 2 hrs.
Overnight will make a thicker dressing thin enough to put into a spray
bottle. Jes make yer cabbage cut fine. Really fine. Let sit
overnight and send KFC a letter to **** off.

nb

--
eschew obfuscation
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" wrote in message ...

here's a basic recipe:

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/KFC-...aw-Recipe.html

There's a whole wide latitude, but the basics can't be denied. You
can forget the buttermilk and salt and ppr, maybe even hold it to one
sour ingredient, lemon or vinegar. Mayo, sugar, milk, sour juice is
all you need. Also, don't make it too thin. The recipe says 2 hrs.
Overnight will make a thicker dressing thin enough to put into a spray
bottle. Jes make yer cabbage cut fine. Really fine. Let sit
overnight and send KFC a letter to **** off.

nb

--
Bob, I have made this recipe a bazillion times and it has always been well
received, but I do tweak the recipe sometimes.
First of all when using a whole cabbage, do not include the core of the head
of cabbage; as that is where the heat is.
For the three of us here at the place I call home, I use a standard size (1
lb.?) bag of slaw mix found, near the other bagged salads,
in your local grocer's produce section. This contains the carrot and red
cabbage for some color and saves time having to deal with each.
For the buttermilk I also use a heaping tablespoon of Saco brand Buttermilk
powder and a 1/4 cup of water, which I consider more convenient.
I also like to add about a half of a teaspoon of celery seed. Being a
diabetic usually use Splenda in place of the sugar and no one notices. I
think
letting this set and marinade for a few hours is what makes this taste so
good.

-- Fran ...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> here's a basic recipe:

Good;

> http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/KFC-...aw-Recipe.html

The very best.

http://www.food.com/recipe/original-...oleslaw-247260

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 18, 3:45*pm, notbob > wrote:
> here's a basic recipe:
>
> http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/KFC-...aw-Recipe.html
>
> There's a whole wide latitude, but the basics can't be denied. *You

I can believe it. I always knew there was a ton of sugar in Kentucky
FRIED Chicken's cole slaw. That's why I like it, and I don't like cole
slaw as a rule. People who do like cole slaw generally say Kentucky
FRIED Chicken has lousy cole slaw, and I say that's OK with me because
I don't like cole slaw anyway!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 19, 10:33*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Dec 18, 3:45*pm, notbob > wrote:> here'sabasic recipe:
>
> >http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/KFC-...aw-Recipe.html

> > There'sawhole wide latitude, but the basics can't be denied. *You

> I can believe it. Ialways knew there wasaton of sugar in KentuckyFRIED Chicken's cole slaw. That's why I like it,and I don't like coleslawasarule. People who do like cole slaw generally say KentuckyFRIED Chicken has lousy cole slaw,and I say that's OK with me becauseI don't like cole slawanyway!
>
> John Kuthe...

their cole slaw is just OK. i am currently boycotting KFC for two
reasons.
i like a nice hot pickled slaw. i once had a fantastic recipe, but
lost it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 19, 10:37*am, A Moose in Love >

> their cole slaw is just OK. *i am currently boycotting KFC for two
> reasons.
> i like a nice hot pickled slaw. *i once had a fantastic recipe, but
> lost it.

I always call them Kentucky FRIED Chicken, because I hated that they
changed their company logo to "KFC" to try and obfuscate that bad non-
PC word "Fried"! Same way Super SUGAR Crisp cereal became Super
'Golden' Crisp.

It's DoubleSpeak!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 18, 4:45*pm, notbob > wrote:

> http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/KFC-...aw-Recipe.html
>
> There's a whole wide latitude, but the basics can't be denied. *You
> can forget the buttermilk and salt and ppr, maybe even hold it to one
> sour ingredient, lemon or vinegar. *Mayo, sugar, milk, sour juice is
> all you need. *Also, don't make it too thin. *The recipe says 2 hrs.
> Overnight will make a thicker dressing thin enough to put into a spray
> bottle. *Jes make yer cabbage cut fine. *Really fine. *Let sit
> overnight and send KFC a letter to **** off. *

I am not a huge fast food fan although I've eaten my share and I
know enough about it. I enjoyed that site. It took a while for it to
download as my dial-up computer is old and slow (and I'm not intending
to do anything about it), but I enjoyed it. While I was in there I
saw they had a bunch of different fast food joints listed
alphabetically. I clicked on Popeye's Chicken because I used to love
eating their red beans and rice as an inexpensive snack while out
driving the cab in L.A. Enough to feed the gut but not make me
tired. For fast food stuff, I always liked that stuff. So I clicked
on it and it took me to a page where they're selling the recipe. I
would never buy it. In fact, when I lived in L.A. and was eating that
stuff a few times every week I called Popeye's main headquarters and
asked if they could tell me the ingredients. They did. There was
monosodium glutamate in there, but the spices and and so forth were
all real foods that had been dehydrated. Knowing the ingredients may
not give an amateur like me any idea of how to sling them together,
but once again just want to tell you I found the site interesting and
well put together. I also recognized the guy who owns the site from
tv. I only saw him once, about two weeks ago. Normally I don't click
on links due to my slow moving computer, but I enjoyed looking in on
that on - a good idea on the part of the salesman/chef who slung it
together.

TJ

Cole Slaw Ed Pawlowski[_2_] Barbecue 7 09-04-2011 07:39 AM
KFC Cole Slaw Janis Lang Recipes (moderated) 0 27-06-2007 04:15 AM
KFC Cole Slaw Chef R W Miller Recipes (moderated) 0 15-04-2007 02:10 AM
Cole Slaw help Randy Stoeckinger General Cooking 32 26-10-2004 11:51 AM
Cole Slaw Hu£kingBrute Recipes (moderated) 0 26-06-2004 05:16 PM