Old 06-11-2009, 01:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Attention Military Vets and Active duty personnel

Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
--
Regards,
piedmont

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Old 06-11-2009, 03:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

piedmont wrote in :

Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
their website for details and menu. Seeyathere

Your entree is our main..... right??

We have appetizers, entree, main, and dessert.

If Applebees is giving away free mains for Vet's........ goodonem.

GIMF............

http://www.applebees.com/vetsDay/default.aspx

I'd go the Fire Pit Bacon Burger.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Old 06-11-2009, 03:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

piedmont wrote:
Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
their website for details and menu. Seeyathere

Hooray! And its a food related notice
Old 06-11-2009, 08:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

piedmont wrote:
Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
personnel with ID or D214

More precisely, that should be form "DD 214" though only the Veterans
would know or care

to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
their website for details and menu. Seeyathere

--

Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.
Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Old 06-11-2009, 08:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 6, 11:22*am, Stu wrote:
On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 08:03:54 -0500, piedmont wrote:

--Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
--personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
--their website for details and menu. Seeyathere

I got that email over a week ago, and it's only on Rememberance Day Nov.11

Veterans Day in the U.S.

N.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" wrote
Stu wrote:
piedmont wrote:

--Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active
duty
--personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
--their website for details and menu. Seeyathere

I got that email over a week ago, and it's only on Rememberance Day Nov.11

It's only for 'participating restraunts'. Ones in high military areas like
Norfolk, 'aint participating'. A lot will go though thinking, 'free main'
then find out the site isnt part of it, then go , well, we are already here,
might as well eat.....

There are lots of 'offers' like that which actually scam military in the
end.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq." wrote in message ...

| piedmont wrote:
| Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
| personnel with ID or D214
|
| More precisely, that should be form "DD 214" though only the Veterans
| would know or care
|
| to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
| their website for details and menu. Seeyathere

Please don't forget the McCormick and Schmicks chain of
restaurants which for many years have offered free entrees
to Veterans on Veterans Day. Not nearly as big as Applebys
but as large a concern and heart:
http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/...ation-Day.aspx

pavane

Old 07-11-2009, 04:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Stu wrote:

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 18:44:30 -0500, "cshenk" wrote:

--"Nancy2" wrote
--Stu wrote:
-- piedmont wrote:
--
[...]

Hmmm the email I got said nothing about participating Applebees, it just
said
they were honoring the vets and active members

Nothing about "participating" he

http://www.applebees.com/vetsDay/default.aspx

For those who are nervous (and I would be, since cshenk is a reliable
source), there is a locator button on that page. At least for the US,
put in your zip code, and you can get a phone number and hours, so you
can call and verify. There's a button for international, and you can
find the Canadian locations.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Old 07-11-2009, 05:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

piedmont wrote:
Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active
duty personnel with ID or D214

More precisely, that should be form "DD 214" though only the Veterans
would know or care

to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
their website for details and menu. Seeyathere

You think the details matter to the corporate? Think again. Come
February, it will be a free appetizer for "lovers". After all, they
deserve a free pass some how.

Don't fool yourself. We don't matter to companies that are large enough
to have fangs into international concerns.

We the little people are the golden road upon which they, "the
entitled", build their fortunes upon.

Fought in a war? Had a baby? Are you Irish? Been in love in February? Etc.

Good intentions? Guess what your road is paved with, and whom it benefits.

Got a Birthday soon? Free dessert for you, and every one at your table!!

Bob
Old 07-11-2009, 05:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 6, 8:03*am, piedmont wrote:
Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
--
Regards,
piedmont

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Still... haven't veterans given enough for their country? Why should
they have to eat the crap at Applebee's?
Given a choice of free "food" at Applebee;'s or paying for a decent
meal... I'll pay for a decent meal.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

none of your business wrote:
On Nov 6, 8:03 am, piedmont wrote:
Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
--
Regards,
piedmont

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Still... haven't veterans given enough for their country? Why should
they have to eat the crap at Applebee's?
Given a choice of free "food" at Applebee;'s or paying for a decent
meal... I'll pay for a decent meal.

You reminded me of a situation that proved to me the quality of the
people overseas that support the US intentions.

I was supporting a multi-national field exercise for NATO that was while
the Berlin wall was still up.

I was visiting a unit via an M880 (pretty hefty 1/2 ton pickup), to
support their communications effort.

They had left for the field in too short of order, and left without
enough rations to have dinner once they deployed.

Once I realized they didn't have food, I went to the nearest town, and
tried to buy enough dinners for the 12 souls that would have gone hungry.

The German folks at the establishment I found, would not only not let me
pay for the beer I had, they would not let me pay for the dozen
Schnitzel dinners I was buying for the small unit I was buying the
dinners for. *THAT* is an example of a community supporting the military
that was protecting their freedom. They gave me a definite refresher on
why I was there in support of them. I was proud at that moment.

I don't think the corporate franchises have our same interests in mind.

Bob
Old 07-11-2009, 06:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

There is one franchise that Does do it right for all active duty and
vets in November, although not always on the 11th. This year it's on
the 4th. Golden Corral, a buffet place... plain food done pretty
well.... buffet dinner for free.... 5 PM to 8 or 9 PM. Of course, many
will bring the significant other or the family... and busines is boosted
for that day. However, in this area it's a pretty popular family place,
anyhow, so lots of familiar customer faces will be seen all year.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old 07-11-2009, 08:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote in
:

--Stu wrote:
-- piedmont wrote:
--
[...]

WooooHoooo!! I wonder where the Applebees is in Oz??? ;-P

Old 07-11-2009, 01:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" wrote
"cshenk" wrote:

--It's only for 'participating restraunts'. Ones in high military areas
like
--Norfolk, 'aint participating'. A lot will go though thinking, 'free
main'

Nothing about "participating" he

http://www.applebees.com/vetsDay/default.aspx

For those who are nervous (and I would be, since cshenk is a reliable
source), there is a locator button on that page. At least for the US,
put in your zip code, and you can get a phone number and hours, so you
can call and verify. There's a button for international, and you can
find the Canadian locations.

It's on the radio here when they advertize it. The guys at work were
talking about it. Apparently last year the Applebee's by the exchange was a
'non-player'.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great offer, but it would make sense to call
ahead a few days before and find out for sure. A lot of places have
specials that day, some not advertized. I remember one year, when my local
McDonalds on Veterans day was giving the senior citizens discount to any who
showed an ID card (Active, retired, or dependant).

Disneyland/world and alot of the amusement park type places have specials.
Here in my area now with so much military, offers often stipulate 'in
uniform' (Oviously active duty only). Deals can be anything from free, to
significantly reduced. So, if i take the family out that day, I'll probably
call around for the best deal. I can probably find a free meal for me and
Don (both retired) and a reduced price for Charlotte (dependant ID of 2
retirees and a minor still).

Last year I had to work that day (CWO watch) but Don went to his local bar,
and his first beer was free and his meal 1/2 price.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jo Wolf" wrote

There is one franchise that Does do it right for all active duty and
vets in November, although not always on the 11th. This year it's on
the 4th. Golden Corral, a buffet place... plain food done pretty
well.... buffet dinner for free.... 5 PM to 8 or 9 PM. Of course, many
will bring the significant other or the family... and busines is boosted
for that day. However, in this area it's a pretty popular family place,
anyhow, so lots of familiar customer faces will be seen all year.

Grin, actually a lot of them do it 'right' and us military (I'm now retired,
26 years Navy) appreciate it. I only mentioned a warning because not all
the offers are open everywhere.

I used to eat at a Golden Corral when I was a kid. It wasnt a buffet place
then though they had a pretty extensive salad bar with some soup choices.
Mostly I recall they did a decent simple steak for a quite reasonable price
that Mom could afford for all 4 of us.

Mom would take us out twice a year. My sister's birthday (in early
December) and the sorta conjoined one of me, my brother, and Mother's day
which always hits within 4-6 days of each other. We'd pick the center day
and do a sort of almost 'mini-Xmas' and call it Charlotte's day (for my
sister). We'd bring a gift for each person with us and unwrap them there
after ordering and while waiting for our meals. We'd get asked what was up
and explain it and they were always charmed and gave Mom the 'Mothersday'
meal deal (even if not there on that day) and all 3 of us kids the birthday
special (usually a free dessert). We'd sing happy birthday to each other
than a variation called 'Happy Mom's day' to Mom.