Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Attention Military Vets and Active duty personnel

Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
--
Regards,
piedmont

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

piedmont > wrote in :

> Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
> personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
> their website for details and menu. Seeyathere

Your entree is our main..... right??

We have appetizers, entree, main, and dessert.

If Applebees is giving away free mains for Vet's........ goodonem.

GIMF............

http://www.applebees.com/vetsDay/default.aspx

I'd go the Fire Pit Bacon Burger.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

piedmont wrote:
> Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
> personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
> their website for details and menu. Seeyathere

Hooray! And its a food related notice
Posted to rec.food.cooking

piedmont wrote:
> Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
> personnel with ID or D214

More precisely, that should be form "DD 214" though only the Veterans
would know or care

to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
> their website for details and menu. Seeyathere

--

Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.
Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 6, 11:22*am, Stu > wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 08:03:54 -0500, piedmont > wrote:
>
> -->Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
> -->personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
> -->their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
>
> I got that email over a week ago, and it's only on Rememberance Day Nov.11

Veterans Day in the U.S.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" wrote
Stu wrote:
> piedmont wrote:

> -->Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active
> duty
> -->personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
> -->their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
>
> I got that email over a week ago, and it's only on Rememberance Day Nov.11

It's only for 'participating restraunts'. Ones in high military areas like
Norfolk, 'aint participating'. A lot will go though thinking, 'free main'
then find out the site isnt part of it, then go , well, we are already here,
might as well eat.....

There are lots of 'offers' like that which actually scam military in the
end.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq." > wrote in message ...

| piedmont wrote:
| > Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
| > personnel with ID or D214
|
| More precisely, that should be form "DD 214" though only the Veterans
| would know or care
|
| to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
| > their website for details and menu. Seeyathere

Please don't forget the McCormick and Schmicks chain of
restaurants which for many years have offered free entrees
to Veterans on Veterans Day. Not nearly as big as Applebys
but as large a concern and heart:
http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/...ation-Day.aspx

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Stu > wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 18:44:30 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> -->"Nancy2" wrote
> -->Stu wrote:
> -->> piedmont wrote:
> -->
> -->> -->Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active
> -->> duty
> -->> -->personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11,
> see
> -->> -->their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
> -->>
> -->> I got that email over a week ago, and it's only on Rememberance Day
> Nov.11
> -->
> -->It's only for 'participating restraunts'. Ones in high military areas
> like
> -->Norfolk, 'aint participating'. A lot will go though thinking, 'free main'
> -->then find out the site isnt part of it, then go , well, we are already
> here,
> -->might as well eat.....
> -->
> -->There are lots of 'offers' like that which actually scam military in the
> -->end.
>
> Hmmm the email I got said nothing about participating Applebees, it just
> said
> they were honoring the vets and active members

Nothing about "participating" he

http://www.applebees.com/vetsDay/default.aspx

For those who are nervous (and I would be, since cshenk is a reliable
source), there is a locator button on that page. At least for the US,
put in your zip code, and you can get a phone number and hours, so you
can call and verify. There's a button for international, and you can
find the Canadian locations.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq. wrote:

> piedmont wrote:
>> Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active
>> duty personnel with ID or D214

> More precisely, that should be form "DD 214" though only the Veterans
> would know or care
>
> to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
>> their website for details and menu. Seeyathere

You think the details matter to the corporate? Think again. Come
February, it will be a free appetizer for "lovers". After all, they
deserve a free pass some how.

Don't fool yourself. We don't matter to companies that are large enough
to have fangs into international concerns.

We the little people are the golden road upon which they, "the
entitled", build their fortunes upon.

Fought in a war? Had a baby? Are you Irish? Been in love in February? Etc.

Good intentions? Guess what your road is paved with, and whom it benefits.

Got a Birthday soon? Free dessert for you, and every one at your table!!

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 6, 8:03*am, piedmont > wrote:
> Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
> personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
> their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
> --
> Regards,
> piedmont
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Still... haven't veterans given enough for their country? Why should
they have to eat the crap at Applebee's?
Given a choice of free "food" at Applebee;'s or paying for a decent
meal... I'll pay for a decent meal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

none of your business wrote:
> On Nov 6, 8:03 am, piedmont > wrote:
>> Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
>> personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
>> their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
>> --
>> Regards,
>> piedmont
>>
>> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

> Still... haven't veterans given enough for their country? Why should
> they have to eat the crap at Applebee's?
> Given a choice of free "food" at Applebee;'s or paying for a decent
> meal... I'll pay for a decent meal.

You reminded me of a situation that proved to me the quality of the
people overseas that support the US intentions.

I was supporting a multi-national field exercise for NATO that was while
the Berlin wall was still up.

I was visiting a unit via an M880 (pretty hefty 1/2 ton pickup), to
support their communications effort.

They had left for the field in too short of order, and left without
enough rations to have dinner once they deployed.

Once I realized they didn't have food, I went to the nearest town, and
tried to buy enough dinners for the 12 souls that would have gone hungry.

The German folks at the establishment I found, would not only not let me
pay for the beer I had, they would not let me pay for the dozen
Schnitzel dinners I was buying for the small unit I was buying the
dinners for. *THAT* is an example of a community supporting the military
that was protecting their freedom. They gave me a definite refresher on
why I was there in support of them. I was proud at that moment.

I don't think the corporate franchises have our same interests in mind.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

There is one franchise that Does do it right for all active duty and
vets in November, although not always on the 11th. This year it's on
the 4th. Golden Corral, a buffet place... plain food done pretty
well.... buffet dinner for free.... 5 PM to 8 or 9 PM. Of course, many
will bring the significant other or the family... and busines is boosted
for that day. However, in this area it's a pretty popular family place,
anyhow, so lots of familiar customer faces will be seen all year.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> Stu > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 18:44:30 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>>
>> -->"Nancy2" wrote
>> -->Stu wrote:
>> -->> piedmont wrote:
>> -->
>> -->> -->Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and
>> active -->> duty
>> -->> -->personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov.
>> 11, see
>> -->> -->their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
>> -->>
>> -->> I got that email over a week ago, and it's only on Rememberance
>> Day Nov.11
>> -->
>> -->It's only for 'participating restraunts'. Ones in high military
>> areas like
>> -->Norfolk, 'aint participating'. A lot will go though thinking, 'free
>> main' -->then find out the site isnt part of it, then go , well, we are
>> already here,
>> -->might as well eat.....
>> -->
>> -->There are lots of 'offers' like that which actually scam military in
>> the -->end.
>>
>> Hmmm the email I got said nothing about participating Applebees, it
>> just said
>> they were honoring the vets and active members

> Nothing about "participating" he
>
> http://www.applebees.com/vetsDay/default.aspx
>
> There's a button for international,

WooooHoooo!! I wonder where the Applebees is in Oz??? ;-P

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" wrote
>> "cshenk" wrote:

>> -->It's only for 'participating restraunts'. Ones in high military areas
>> like
>> -->Norfolk, 'aint participating'. A lot will go though thinking, 'free
>> main'

> Nothing about "participating" he
>
> http://www.applebees.com/vetsDay/default.aspx
>
> For those who are nervous (and I would be, since cshenk is a reliable
> source), there is a locator button on that page. At least for the US,
> put in your zip code, and you can get a phone number and hours, so you
> can call and verify. There's a button for international, and you can
> find the Canadian locations.

It's on the radio here when they advertize it. The guys at work were
talking about it. Apparently last year the Applebee's by the exchange was a
'non-player'.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great offer, but it would make sense to call
ahead a few days before and find out for sure. A lot of places have
specials that day, some not advertized. I remember one year, when my local
McDonalds on Veterans day was giving the senior citizens discount to any who
showed an ID card (Active, retired, or dependant).

Disneyland/world and alot of the amusement park type places have specials.
Here in my area now with so much military, offers often stipulate 'in
uniform' (Oviously active duty only). Deals can be anything from free, to
significantly reduced. So, if i take the family out that day, I'll probably
call around for the best deal. I can probably find a free meal for me and
Don (both retired) and a reduced price for Charlotte (dependant ID of 2
retirees and a minor still).

Last year I had to work that day (CWO watch) but Don went to his local bar,
and his first beer was free and his meal 1/2 price.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jo Wolf" wrote

> There is one franchise that Does do it right for all active duty and
> vets in November, although not always on the 11th. This year it's on
> the 4th. Golden Corral, a buffet place... plain food done pretty
> well.... buffet dinner for free.... 5 PM to 8 or 9 PM. Of course, many
> will bring the significant other or the family... and busines is boosted
> for that day. However, in this area it's a pretty popular family place,
> anyhow, so lots of familiar customer faces will be seen all year.

Grin, actually a lot of them do it 'right' and us military (I'm now retired,
26 years Navy) appreciate it. I only mentioned a warning because not all
the offers are open everywhere.

I used to eat at a Golden Corral when I was a kid. It wasnt a buffet place
then though they had a pretty extensive salad bar with some soup choices.
Mostly I recall they did a decent simple steak for a quite reasonable price
that Mom could afford for all 4 of us.

Mom would take us out twice a year. My sister's birthday (in early
December) and the sorta conjoined one of me, my brother, and Mother's day
which always hits within 4-6 days of each other. We'd pick the center day
and do a sort of almost 'mini-Xmas' and call it Charlotte's day (for my
sister). We'd bring a gift for each person with us and unwrap them there
after ordering and while waiting for our meals. We'd get asked what was up
and explain it and they were always charmed and gave Mom the 'Mothersday'
meal deal (even if not there on that day) and all 3 of us kids the birthday
special (usually a free dessert). We'd sing happy birthday to each other
than a variation called 'Happy Mom's day' to Mom.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jo Wolf wrote:

> There is one franchise that Does do it right for all active duty and
> vets in November, although not always on the 11th. This year it's on
> the 4th. Golden Corral, a buffet place... plain food done pretty
> well.... buffet dinner for free.... 5 PM to 8 or 9 PM. Of course, many
> will bring the significant other or the family... and busines is boosted
> for that day. However, in this area it's a pretty popular family place,
> anyhow, so lots of familiar customer faces will be seen all year.
>
> Jo Wolf
> Martinez, Georgia

Really, such offers should include immediate family, since military
families certainly bear quite a burden, not just the service member
themselves.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 04:09:42 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Fri 06 Nov 2009 06:59:41p, Stu told us...
>
>> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 01:07:51 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>> -->On Fri 06 Nov 2009 10:22:39a, Stu told us...
>> -->
>> -->> On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 08:03:54 -0500, piedmont >
>> wrote: -->>
>> -->> -->Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and
>> active -->> duty -->personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on
>> Veterans Day Nov. -->> 11, see -->their website for details and menu.
>> Seeyathere -->>
>> -->>
>> -->> I got that email over a week ago, and it's only on Rememberance Day
>> -->> Nov.11
>> -->>
>> -->
>> -->Isn't that the point? Veteran's Day in the US; Remembrance Day in
>> Canada. -->Whatever...
>>
>> I had no idea sorry
>>

> No problem, Stu. My partner was in the US Army during Viet Nam. I think
> we'll probably to go an Applebees on the 11th.

hope he doesn't have a flashback from being in a fresh new hellhole.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 21:36:52 -0800 (PST), none of your business
> wrote:

-->On Nov 6, 8:03*am, piedmont > wrote:
-->> Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
-->> personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
-->> their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
-->> --
-->> Regards,
-->> piedmont
-->>
-->> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
-->
-->Still... haven't veterans given enough for their country? Why should
-->they have to eat the crap at Applebee's?

True, especially the vietnam vets, were they ever treated wonderfully by the
administration, no free lunches for them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:49:58 -0600, SCP > wrote:

>On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 21:36:52 -0800 (PST), none of your business
> wrote:
>
>-->On Nov 6, 8:03*am, piedmont > wrote:
>-->> Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
>-->> personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
>-->> their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
>-->> --
>-->> Regards,
>-->> piedmont
>-->>
>-->> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
>-->
>-->Still... haven't veterans given enough for their country? Why should
>-->they have to eat the crap at Applebee's?
>
>True, especially the vietnam vets, were they ever treated wonderfully by the
>administration, no free lunches for them.

Some people like applebee's. Those who don't won't go.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 04:09:42 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> On Fri 06 Nov 2009 06:59:41p, Stu told us...
>>
>>> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 01:07:51 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>>>
>>> -->On Fri 06 Nov 2009 10:22:39a, Stu told us...
>>> -->
>>> -->> On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 08:03:54 -0500, piedmont >
>>> wrote: -->>
>>> -->> -->Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and
>>> active -->> duty -->personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on
>>> Veterans Day Nov. -->> 11, see -->their website for details and
>>> menu. Seeyathere -->>
>>> -->>
>>> -->> I got that email over a week ago, and it's only on
>>> Rememberance Day
>>> -->> Nov.11
>>> -->>
>>> -->
>>> -->Isn't that the point? Veteran's Day in the US; Remembrance Day
>>> in Canada. -->Whatever...
>>>
>>> I had no idea sorry
>>>

>> No problem, Stu. My partner was in the US Army during Viet Nam. I
>> think we'll probably to go an Applebees on the 11th.

> hope he doesn't have a flashback from being in a fresh new hellhole.

You mean his "life" with Lil' Wayne...???

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jo Wolf wrote:
> There is one franchise that Does do it right for all active duty and
> vets in November, although not always on the 11th. This year it's on
> the 4th. Golden Corral, a buffet place... plain food done pretty
> well.... buffet dinner for free.... 5 PM to 8 or 9 PM. Of course, many
> will bring the significant other or the family... and busines is boosted
> for that day. However, in this area it's a pretty popular family place,
> anyhow, so lots of familiar customer faces will be seen all year.
>
> Jo Wolf
> Martinez, Georgia

Thanks Jo.. My ignorance of things that happen for a good reason, is
just that.

Thanks for letting me know that there are some good businesses still left.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pete C. wrote:
> Jo Wolf wrote:
>> There is one franchise that Does do it right for all active duty and
>> vets in November, although not always on the 11th. This year it's on
>> the 4th. Golden Corral, a buffet place... plain food done pretty
>> well.... buffet dinner for free.... 5 PM to 8 or 9 PM. Of course, many
>> will bring the significant other or the family... and busines is boosted
>> for that day. However, in this area it's a pretty popular family place,
>> anyhow, so lots of familiar customer faces will be seen all year.
>>
>> Jo Wolf
>> Martinez, Georgia

> Really, such offers should include immediate family, since military
> families certainly bear quite a burden, not just the service member
> themselves.

That's a good point Pete. And a reason why I have a jaundiced eye when
hearing about the corporate "veteran" benefit for a free appetizer,
entree, or desert.

The example of the German caring I shared? They provided all three
components for free. I drew the line when they started to add bottles of
beer. After boxing the the dinners up, I tried to pay, and they would
not accept.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

SCP wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 21:36:52 -0800 (PST), none of your business
> > wrote:
>
> -->On Nov 6, 8:03 am, piedmont > wrote:
> -->> Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active duty
> -->> personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
> -->> their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
> -->> --
> -->> Regards,
> -->> piedmont
> -->>
> -->> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
> -->
> -->Still... haven't veterans given enough for their country? Why should
> -->they have to eat the crap at Applebee's?
>
> True, especially the vietnam vets, were they ever treated wonderfully by the
> administration, no free lunches for them.

Isn't there a poison pill you can take for what ails you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Nov 7, 10:21 am, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:49:58 -0600, SCP > wrote:
> >On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 21:36:52 -0800 (PST), none of your business
> > wrote:

> >-->Still... haven't veterans given enough for their country? Why should
> >-->they have to eat the crap at Applebee's?

> >True, especially the vietnam vets, were they ever treated wonderfully by the
> >administration, no free lunches for them.

When the Freedom Bird brought me back to Travis AFB after my year in
'Nam they took us to a mess hall where we were served enormous cooked-
to-order porterhouse steaks, baked potatoes, fresh vegs, tossed salad,
and a choice of desserts. All of very high quality. I seriously
doubt that Applebee's has anything as good as that was.

> Some people like applebee's. Those who don't won't go.

I went to Applebee's a few times years ago because groups of friends
from work chose it. It was pretty mediocre, I thought, so haven't
ever gone on my own. -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote

> Some people like applebee's. Those who don't won't go.

Agreed. I've done plenty of work gathering luncheons at various spots of
their sort. Chili's is popular at my current work because it's the nearest
with something better than McDonalds. There's an Applebees almost as close
we use too. A few non-chain places a bit further afield. All suitable and
roughly equal for a simple soup/salad lunch perhaps with a small side
appetizer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie wrote:
> Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq. wrote:
>>

>> piedmont wrote:
>>> Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active
>>> duty personnel with ID or D214

>> More precisely, that should be form "DD 214" though only the Veterans
>> would know or care
>>
>> to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11, see
>>> their website for details and menu. Seeyathere

> You think the details matter to the corporate? Think again. Come
> February, it will be a free appetizer for "lovers". After all, they
> deserve a free pass some how.
>
> Don't fool yourself. We don't matter to companies that are large enough
> to have fangs into international concerns.
>
> We the little people are the golden road upon which they, "the
> entitled", build their fortunes upon.
>
> Fought in a war? Had a baby? Are you Irish? Been in love in February? Etc.
>
> Good intentions? Guess what your road is paved with, and whom it benefits.
>
> Got a Birthday soon? Free dessert for you, and every one at your table!!
>
> Bob

Are you against simple promotions? Almost every B2C company in America
does it. Take advantage when it makes sense. Why the diatribe?

Rob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stu wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 15:07:19 -0500, Bob Muncie > wrote:
>
> -->SCP wrote:
> -->> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 21:36:52 -0800 (PST), none of your business
> -->> > wrote:
> -->>
> -->> -->On Nov 6, 8:03 am, piedmont > wrote:
> -->> -->> Applebees is giving away free entree to all military vet and active
> duty
> -->> -->> personnel with ID or D214 to show as proof on Veterans Day Nov. 11,
> see
> -->> -->> their website for details and menu. Seeyathere
> -->> -->> --
> -->> -->> Regards,
> -->> -->> piedmont
> -->> -->>
> -->> -->> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
> -->> -->
> -->> -->Still... haven't veterans given enough for their country? Why should
> -->> -->they have to eat the crap at Applebee's?
> -->>
> -->> True, especially the vietnam vets, were they ever treated wonderfully by
> the
> -->> administration, no free lunches for them.
> -->>
> -->Isn't there a poison pill you can take for what ails you?
>
> I had two cousins that fought that war, they both did two tours, Len died on
> his third. Nick came home.

Not to take away from your loss, but what is your point?

I am a ten year vet. I do not make fun of the people I served with.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca > wrote in :

> piedmont wrote:
>> Bob,
>> My fiancee and I (me a 4 year US Navy and her a 21 Year retired US Air
>> Force Master Sargent) went to Applebee's. I had the three cheese
>> chicken penne and she the 7oz steak, both entree's were Big leaving me
>> no room for appetizer nor desert, we both got a drink at $2.18 each so
>> I consider it the best revenge on 'Corp. America'. The place was
>> packed with a one hour wait, it was great hearing some of the old
>> stories of other vets as we waited. Because the place was so packed
>> they were asking strangers to share tables. We shared a table with a 4
>> year Marine Corp vet who spent time in Nam. A 65 year old fellow that
>> came alone, so I hope we cheered his dinner as he did ours talking
>> about where we came from around the country. I too doubt big corp but
>> this is what big corp should be doing, giving back and Applebee's did
>> just that. Kudos to Applebee's and onto Golden Corral!!!
>>

> Glad you enjoyed Applebee's. We have one in town, but I have never been
> there. A member of our church owns a seafood restaurant and he gave
> away free meals to veterans all day yesterday. His parking lot was
> packed with cars, including buses from the VFW. You enjoy doing
> business with a man like that, plus he has the best fried oysters..
>

> http://www.crescentlanding.com/
>

> Becca

I'm glad that places in the US are doing that for their Vets/troops.

It doesn't happen here in Australia.