Old 21-08-2009, 07:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Embrochette IS a word for a dish, ASSHOLES

http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php

Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
Goomba's petty, anal lead.

Old 21-08-2009, 10:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 21, 1:49*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php

Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
Goomba's petty, anal lead.

======================

I don't care how many damn hits you got. It's not a word.
Embrouillier IS a word.
A verb: to tangle up; to embroil; to mix up; to confuse
Larousse's French/English - English/ French Dictionary

Lynn in Fargo
Old 21-08-2009, 11:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

This is AmurriKKKa, woeman. And I was talking about a ****ing DISH, which
others call by this name, according to 16,000 ****ing web pages.

Old 21-08-2009, 11:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig" wrote in message
On Aug 21, 1:49 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php

Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
Goomba's petty, anal lead.

======================

I don't care how many damn hits you got. It's not a word.
Embrouillier IS a word.
A verb: to tangle up; to embroil; to mix up; to confuse
Larousse's French/English - English/ French Dictionary

This was a cajun restaurant in Houston TX. You are not the only silly bitch
to take French, you are just the only one silly enough to think it matters
here.

Another recipe:

http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/MAI...e-recipes6.asp

Old 22-08-2009, 12:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig
wrote:

On Aug 21, 1:49*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php

Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
Goomba's petty, anal lead.

======================

I don't care how many damn hits you got. It's not a word.
Embrouillier IS a word.
A verb: to tangle up; to embroil; to mix up; to confuse
Larousse's French/English - English/ French Dictionary

Um, Lynn....

In this part of the country, Cajun, "embrochette" is a
word. It is a dialectical variant of "en brochette",
of which term I think you are already acquainted.

Cajun french is different from Continental French,
so much so, that in LA you can buy dictionaries
which detail the etymology of Cajun words. I'm
not talking touristy paperbacks, here. I'm talking
Hardbound books 2-3 inches thick....scholarly
works.

One who visited here from the Continent would be
totally amazed at, what they would call, the
*******ization of the French language. Yet the
(shall I call it a) dialect is intelligible to
people all through Louisiana and East texas.

HTH

Alex, who notes that the Czech spoken in Texas
differs from that spoken by people in the CZ
republic. What do you think LaRousse would have
to say about Appalachian (Scots-Irish) terms
for foods?

Old 22-08-2009, 01:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

You are so sane, so calm. I could learn from you. But, hell, we both know I
won't.

Old 22-08-2009, 01:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:49:42 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php

Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
Goomba's petty, anal lead.

Apropros similar dishes with different names, and vice versa.

Going to make a faux Becsi Szelet. I'm using pork loin,
side of broccoli with Sauce Mueniere. Potato.

For those of you in Rio Linda, think WienerSchnitzel.

Alex, going to look for an egg....
Old 22-08-2009, 02:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"cybercat" wrote:

http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php

Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more.

That doesn't make it right.

Here's to following Goomba's petty, anal lead.

I think it's wrong. Google "en brochette recipes" and you'll get
652,000 hits. "Embrochette recipes" gets 16,800.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Yes, I Can! blog - check it out
Old 22-08-2009, 02:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote

Here's to following Goomba's petty, anal lead.

I think it's wrong. Google "en brochette recipes" and you'll get
652,000 hits. "Embrochette recipes" gets 16,800.

Sigh. You missed the point. That was the name of the dish on the menu. I
don't give a Prize Winning White Rat's ass about the rest. Got it?

Old 22-08-2009, 02:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 21, 1:49*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php

Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
Goomba's petty, anal lead.

Wow, look who discovered a search engine. What's next, clean undies?
Rock on, beeeeeyotch.

Old 22-08-2009, 02:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 21, 1:49 pm, "cybercat" wrote:http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php

Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
Goomba's petty, anal lead.

======================

I don't care how many damn hits you got. *It's not a word.
Embrouillier IS a word.
A verb: to tangle up; *to embroil; *to mix up; to confuse
Larousse's * French/English - English/ French *Dictionary

This is AmurriKKKa, woeman. And I was talking about a ****ing DISH, which
others call by this name, according to 16,000 ****ing web pages.

Wow, try sobering up before posting.
Old 22-08-2009, 03:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote in message
| In article ,
| "cybercat" wrote:
|
| http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php
|
| Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more.
|
| That doesn't make it right.
|
| Here's to following Goomba's petty, anal lead.
|
| I think it's wrong. Google "en brochette recipes" and you'll get
| 652,000 hits. "Embrochette recipes" gets 16,800.

That is interesting. So given that major restaurants, websites, name
chefs and the cooking traditions of arguably the best food city in
the country recognize "embrochette" as a valid term, please tell us
how many hits are necessary, in your opinion, to have it acceptable
to you? Not 16,800, obviously. Maybe 25,000? Or 50,000? And why
would anyone else care, given so many hits and such obvious acceptance?
Is there any reason that anyone should give a damn?

pavane

Old 22-08-2009, 03:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
[...]

=======================================

Mais oui! Like French-Canadian. See also Creole and the many Pidgin
dialects. As many here would say, "Mo hottah, mo bettah!" - used to
be the name of a catalog company that sold hot sauces from everywhere.

Pardonnez moi,
Lynn en Fargo
Old 22-08-2009, 03:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
[...]

I forgot: "Shrimp Scampi" bet you could get 16,000 hits on that and
it's wrong too!
Lynn