Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chemiker Chemiker is offline

Default Embrochette IS a word for a dish, ASSHOLES

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig
> wrote:

>On Aug 21, 1:49*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php
>>
>> Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more. Here's to following
>> Goomba's petty, anal lead.

>======================
>

>I don't care how many damn hits you got. It's not a word.
>Embrouillier IS a word.
>A verb: to tangle up; to embroil; to mix up; to confuse
>Larousse's French/English - English/ French Dictionary

Um, Lynn....

In this part of the country, Cajun, "embrochette" is a
word. It is a dialectical variant of "en brochette",
of which term I think you are already acquainted.

Cajun french is different from Continental French,
so much so, that in LA you can buy dictionaries
which detail the etymology of Cajun words. I'm
not talking touristy paperbacks, here. I'm talking
Hardbound books 2-3 inches thick....scholarly
works.

One who visited here from the Continent would be
totally amazed at, what they would call, the
*******ization of the French language. Yet the
(shall I call it a) dialect is intelligible to
people all through Louisiana and East texas.

HTH

Alex, who notes that the Czech spoken in Texas
differs from that spoken by people in the CZ
republic. What do you think LaRousse would have
to say about Appalachian (Scots-Irish) terms
for foods?