Posted to rec.food.cooking
pavane[_3_] pavane[_3_] is offline

Default Embrochette IS a word for a dish, ASSHOLES

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
| In article >,
| "cybercat" > wrote:
|
| > http://www.foodclassics.com/re3487/recipes.php
| >
| > Google "embrochette recipes." There are plenty more.
|
| That doesn't make it right.
|
| > Here's to following Goomba's petty, anal lead.
|
| I think it's wrong. Google "en brochette recipes" and you'll get
| 652,000 hits. "Embrochette recipes" gets 16,800.

That is interesting. So given that major restaurants, websites, name
chefs and the cooking traditions of arguably the best food city in
the country recognize "embrochette" as a valid term, please tell us
how many hits are necessary, in your opinion, to have it acceptable
to you? Not 16,800, obviously. Maybe 25,000? Or 50,000? And why
would anyone else care, given so many hits and such obvious acceptance?
Is there any reason that anyone should give a damn?

pavane